Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

I hate this kind of poo poo.

There's an easy never ending list of legit things you can mock and ridicule this rear end in a top hat for, but you go with literally the only thing he can't control?
It's just giving his supporters extra ammunition and an easy out of not having to confront any of the actual issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
I'm sorry it fell short of your expectations. I will learn and grow from this. I can be the bigger man. I'm sorry.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
I also don’t like ad hominem in general but on the other hand, I’ve never been prouder of my boomer dad than when he called Ulf “Dvärgen” (yes yes I know it's problematic but he's a boomer let's save that fight for another day).

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

If you use social media for more than 2 hours per week that's "work" and you lose your flex job.

https://nyheder.tv2.dk/lokalt/2023-04-12-48-aarig-mister-sit-fleksjob-bijobber-som-influencer

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 14 hours!

teen witch posted:

Heeeeeeela lilla jag

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

SplitSoul posted:

If you use social media for more than 2 hours per week that's "work" and you lose your flex job.

https://nyheder.tv2.dk/lokalt/2023-04-12-48-aarig-mister-sit-fleksjob-bijobber-som-influencer
Posting is praxis work.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Posting is praxis work.

I wonder how many man-hours were spent gathering "evidence" and typing up this bullshit, and then I think about the amount of years wasted and hardships endured to even qualify for a flex job in the first place.

Nidhg00670000
Mar 26, 2010

We're in the pipe, five by five.
Grimey Drawer

BigglesSWE posted:

I also don’t like ad hominem in general but on the other hand, I’ve never been prouder of my boomer dad than when he called Ulf “Dvärgen” (yes yes I know it's problematic but he's a boomer let's save that fight for another day).

My dad never says his name, he always calls him "den lille" or sometimes "Iznogoud" after the comic book character.

PoontifexMacksimus
Feb 14, 2012

Welp. That is pretty good, especially the Wow! even if it's more continental than Scandinavian...

Green should definitely be above FiM tho.

Feliday Melody posted:

What's the deal with rich people trying to normal stuff and failing to pull it off.

You can't even catch a rich person eating a chocolate bar without them using a fork and knife.

Or whatever Steve Buttigieg was doing to this cinnamon bun.

What on earth does dinner time at a rich family even look like?

https://twitter.com/JRubinBlogger/status/1252012223435886593?s=20

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente
Why do they all have individual salt and pepper shakers?

Potrzebie
Apr 6, 2010

I may not know what I'm talking about, but I sure love cops! ^^ Boy, but that boot is just yummy!
Lipstick Apathy

jeebus bob posted:

Why do they all

Because being too rich for too long breaks your brain.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

Feliday Melody
May 8, 2021

I'm starting to see M people explain how one term won't be enough to fix everything that S broke. So expect at least 3 more years of blaming S for everything currently wrong in society.

On the third hand. It's absolutely right to blame S for the train problems because they've been in power for 8 years up until this. The maintenance issues faced now are not Ms fault. The problems in a few years will absolutely be theirs, though.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

We had right-wing majority in Riksdagen for the last 9 to 17 years, depending on how you count C (they're right-wing).

Jack Trades fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Apr 15, 2023

Postorder Trollet89
Jan 12, 2008
Sweden doesn't do religion. But if they did, it would probably be the best religion in the world.

Jack Trades posted:

We had right-wing majority in Riksdagen for the last 9 to 17 years, depending on how you count C (they're right-wing).

Exactly, I mean I was in highschool when Reinfeldt was elected and it was all downhill from there.

To C's credit they dont seem to mess around with their whole 'no SD' clause, they've also indicated a shift away from their worst libertarian nonsense.

That said, C's position prevents S from really going to town on private schooling and healthcare, and dealing with the abysmal housing policy.

Postorder Trollet89 fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Apr 15, 2023

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

The problem with S (in Denmark and everywhere) is that they looked to Tony Blair being a neoliberal and thought that was the way to go. At best they're a light version of a right wing party from an economic ideological perspective.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

BonHair posted:

The problem with S (in Denmark and everywhere) is that they looked to Tony Blair being a neoliberal and thought that was the way to go. At best they're a light version of a right wing party from an economic ideological perspective.
Our Blair predates the British one though.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug
In Denmark, S are kinda worse because they can get away with more than the right wing.The neolibs are clapping their hands whenever the succ dems privatise yet another critical part of our infrastructure or cut down the public sector. Because they know it could never be done if S wasn’t doing it. If venstre/conservatives tried the same reforms on their own, there’d be a huge wall of opposition, it would never fly. Thorning and Corydon did more for the neoliberal right wing agenda in a few years, than they’ve been able to by themselves for decades before then. Nyup too, though most because he was a dumbo. Auken was the last reasonably ‘not awful’ one.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

in scandinavia, the media ecosystem is usually split roughly in two, with the bourgeois papers on one side and the social-democratic papers on the other. the social-democratic papers naturally tend to be more willing to voice left-wing criticisms, but will also tend to have some degree of loyalty to the social-democratic party and so they often get away with* completely heinous right-wing steps because there's noone to call them out

*well i say "get away with" but stoltenberg's first government ran head first into a solid wall of public discontent when he did a lot of neoliberal reforms so ymmv. also this process is causing the social-democratic parties to bleed out slowly but steadily

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

https://www.svt.se/nyheter/lokalt/stockholm/konflikten-mellan-lokforarna-och-mtr-eskalerar-hotar-med-strejk
https://vildstrejkpendeln.blogg.se/

Train drivers are about to go on an "illegal" strike, the kind that their union is actively against, because the union is too busy licking the boots and asking for more.

Hel
Oct 9, 2012

Jokatgulm is tedium.
Jokatgulm is pain.
Jokatgulm is suffering.

Jack Trades posted:

https://www.svt.se/nyheter/lokalt/stockholm/konflikten-mellan-lokforarna-och-mtr-eskalerar-hotar-med-strejk

Train drivers are about to go on an "illegal" strike, the kind that their union is actively against, because the union is too busy licking the boots and asking for more.

I've been hearing about this shitshow second hand from my brother who's a train driver for SJ but still has friends working for pendeln, and this is completely unsurprising, wish them all the best with the strike.

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/polisrazzia/status/1647239590678343680

Definitely a worth cause

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

As one of those tågvärdar that SL and MTR so furiously want to remove from the trains, all I can say is: lol lmao.

I’m off tomorrow, gonna be fun to see what high horse decorum messages get sent out on the corporate mail :allears:

ionn
Jan 23, 2004

Din morsa.
Grimey Drawer

Jack Trades posted:

Just to be clear, a wildcat strike (vild strejk) is not illegal in Sweden. There are some different caveats and details about it compared to "regular" (union-driven) strikes, but when "done properly" it's still legal and not grounds for firing the people on strike.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

ionn posted:

Just to be clear, a wildcat strike (vild strejk) is not illegal in Sweden. There are some different caveats and details about it compared to "regular" (union-driven) strikes, but when "done properly" it's still legal and not grounds for firing the people on strike.

I'm not particularly well versed in the law. How is it supposed to be "done properly" and is such a thing even possible?

ionn
Jan 23, 2004

Din morsa.
Grimey Drawer

Jack Trades posted:

I'm not particularly well versed in the law. How is it supposed to be "done properly" and is such a thing even possible?

Neither am I so I probably shouldn't be trusted, but there are some rules around having to notify the employer of it and be clear about what your "demands" are and something. Also certain jobs are exempt from the right to strike.

In any case, calling it illegal is something employers / blood-sucking capitalists / repressive governments tend to do to make the workers on strike look bad.

Jack Trades
Nov 30, 2010

ionn posted:

Neither am I so I probably shouldn't be trusted, but there are some rules around having to notify the employer of it and be clear about what your "demands" are and something. Also certain jobs are exempt from the right to strike.

In any case, calling it illegal is something employers / blood-sucking capitalists / repressive governments tend to do to make the workers on strike look bad.

Well, that's why I put the quotation marks around the "illegal".
Making certain jobs exempt from the right to strike is also the biggest anti-worker crock of poo poo ever.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

The better term for it is “wild/vild” which is how SVT, to their credit, terms it. It’s not a union sanctioned or organised strike, so I guess that would qualify it as such.

The blame game is gonna be fun, especially since arbetsmarknadsminister Pehrson has already done an oopsie while discussing the lack of train drivers in southern Sweden this week:

https://twitter.com/detljuvalivet/status/1646837616753475584?s=46&t=G1x8XWIwrNxUQoXItlkh2w

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

The changes in 2019 to the Medbestämmandelagen (lol) made a whole bunch of stridsåtgärder olovliga. The changes basically made any strike that isn't about a kollektivavtal olovlig.

Olovlig is indeed not the same as illegal. But such instances can be taken to Arbetsdomstolen where the union or person(s) responsible for the olovlig strike may be found liable for damages.

Didn't Socialdemokraterna push through this new law? After it has been prepared by näringslivet.

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
There’s some info on the strikers’ blog

quote:

Vår VD Joakim Sundh har i ett mail som gått ut till alla anställda skrivit om den vilda strejken.

Han skriver: ”Rent krasst så innebär en vild strejk att om anställda själva beslutar att gå ut i strejk utan att ha förankrat det med sitt fackförbund riskerar den anställda att få betala skadestånd.”

Stämmer det? Arbetsdomstolen kan utdöma ett skadestånd för den som deltar i en vild strejk. Det ligger för närvarande på ca 3 000kr. Skadeståndet gäller per strejktillfälle och person. Inte per dag alltså. För att det över huvud taget ska bli aktuellt behöver ärendet först hamna hos Arbetsdomstolen. Det är därför vi har upprättat en strejkkassa. Pengarna går primärt till böter från Arbetsdomstolen.

Han skriver även: ”Om du som anställd blir borta från jobbet en längre tid kan det betraktas som arbetsvägran som är skäl för uppsägning.” Det är ”otroligt viktigt att alla har den fullständiga informationen”.

Men han upplyser oss inte om att vår rätt att strejka är skyddad i lag. Skäl för uppsägning är endast aktuellt om arbetstagarna inte återgår till arbete efter att Arbetsdomstolen uppmanat till det.

Baudolino
Apr 1, 2010

THUNDERDOME LOSER

V. Illych L. posted:

as i said i think it's just that the sixty-eighters stopped being the dominant cultural tendency among the talking classes. before them you had the old-school social democrats, and before them you had the class struggle. after the sixty-eighters, a bunch of people who had known only prosperity took over and saw no real point in anti-materialist posturing. this coincided with the fatal wound that the social democratic project received in the eighties

there are imo some echoes in how we're dealing with the tax flight people - people are bringing themselves to say stuff like "oh but we shouldn't scare off our best investors", and nobody - even rødt or SV - seems interested in articulating the potential leverage that an active state can have against these people, namely expropriation and state-run enterprises. the public conversation seems to have forgotten that the class compromise was, indeed, a compromise and what the terms were. apparently the reasonable view of it is that we must simply assume that capital is owned by capitalists who are infinitely mobile and that these are the principles around which we must base our society. this, of course, amounts to a total capitulation to the bourgeoisie and i really am surprised that nobody seems to have explicitly drawn that conclusion.

If we did this we would swiftly be put under Cuba-like sanctions from EU and US. We dont have their resilience and would break within a year. We would have to accept severe concessions to remove the sanctions. Stuff like no wealth tax, no capital controls, forced privatization of most healthcare services etc. EU and US are like a bear of grizzly bears, we do not want to poke them in the eye with sticks.

Its fine for us to the wealthy and sucessfull because we tend to do what we are told and rarely make a fuss. Confiscating property en-mass puts us on the " Extreme threat" list.

I dont like it either but the rich do really have us all by the balls. Because of their international connections even the state is not powerful enough to touch them as a group. Beg for scraps or starve is the name of the game.

And would`nt the new state owned companies act exactly like any other corporation anyway? Including all kinds of legal shenanigans to get around labor law restrictions and to avoid having to pay tax. Thats certainly how state owned corporations behave now.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Baudolino posted:

If we did this we would swiftly be put under Cuba-like sanctions from EU and US. We dont have their resilience and would break within a year. We would have to accept severe concessions to remove the sanctions. Stuff like no wealth tax, no capital controls, forced privatization of most healthcare services etc. EU and US are like a bear of grizzly bears, we do not want to poke them in the eye with sticks.

Its fine for us to the wealthy and sucessfull because we tend to do what we are told and rarely make a fuss. Confiscating property en-mass puts us on the " Extreme threat" list.

I dont like it either but the rich do really have us all by the balls. Because of their international connections even the state is not powerful enough to touch them as a group. Beg for scraps or starve is the name of the game.

And would`nt the new state owned companies act exactly like any other corporation anyway? Including all kinds of legal shenanigans to get around labor law restrictions and to avoid having to pay tax. Thats certainly how state owned corporations behave now.

i have no objections to most of this post. having the conversation in these terms would be a huge improvement in my opinion. i don't even necessarily disagree with the substance of most of what you're writing here

however, i think that it's possible to organise public companies in a way which doesn't lead to massive capital flight. i also think that it's possible to organise public companies in a way which means that they're not complete "shareholder value"-zombies, though that would require a different governance paradigm than what we've got at the moment.

Threadkiller Dog
Jun 9, 2010
I worked at MTR ages ago, at one point also worked on the last pendeltåg tender. While the head office probably still is full of its share of idiots there are a lot of clever people there that made the Metro operate waaay better that the expensive pants on head shitshow it used to be. For some reason they find themselves unable to deal with pendeltåget the same way. I think the problem is that the pendeltåg drivers are much rarer and harder to replace - on top of the actual rail system being even more of a mess than the metro with more insane stakeholders - which from MTR's perspective should change how they treat the drivers. But they havent and they've never gotten the personnel problems solved, even before this controversy.

The thing with MTR and tågvärdarna is that they wont save a dime from this. Every tågvärd that they get rid of means less money from SL, and so the reason they helped SL make this happen is (im guessing) that they only se tågvärdar as a complication when operating the train system (more people to deal with, more situations where trains cant depart due to someone getting sick or late etc).

But they could instead have seen tågvärdar as a paid for asset and a feature of making the train driver job more attractive and less stressful, maybe expand their role someway. With that perspective they should have fought hard against SL to keep them as a critical part of smooth operations. But that means having to look at train drivers as a skilled workforce that they need to work with to retain, which MTR might be institutionally uneqipped for right now at least. They seem to still think they can just keep pressing the "train and recruit more drivers"* button over and over but it seems to not work for some reason!

*this worked in the metro, but metro drivers cost "only" about 300k SEK per head to train and the requirements are waaaay lower and they cant work anywhere else with their skill set. Oops. Train drivers probably cost 5 times as much?

Threadkiller Dog fucked around with this message at 10:45 on Apr 16, 2023

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

They found the presumably kidnapped girl alive already. :)

Press asking the important questions like whether the suspect is brown.

Esran
Apr 28, 2008
It's really fantastic they found her. It probably helped how quickly they realized she was missing, I think the cops got involved barely two hours after the dad last spoke to her. I think it's unusual that a missing kid would be noticed that quickly.

Press gonna press, what can you do.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

SplitSoul posted:

They found the presumably kidnapped girl alive already. :)

Press asking the important questions like whether the suspect is brown.

Did they proceed to what she was wearing?

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

BonHair posted:

Did they proceed to what she was wearing?

Police released a mobile video still of her doing her paper route just hours before, so we must assume they'd concluded it wasn't relevant to whatever happened.

I hope she's unhurt. The piecemeal poo poo with "Police have got out their digging equipment now" didn't bode well, but then they found her literally minutes before the planned presser. :ohdear:

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

Esran posted:

It's really fantastic they found her. It probably helped how quickly they realized she was missing, I think the cops got involved barely two hours after the dad last spoke to her. I think it's unusual that a missing kid would be noticed that quickly.

Press gonna press, what can you do.
TV and movies have done a lot of damage to missing persons handling processes - because if for whatever reason you have a legitimate concern that someone is missing because they've deviated from a normal pattern of behaviour there is, as far as I know, no jurisdiction where there's a minimum requirement for a person to have been gone before they can be declared missing.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Get ready to pop your monocles: Sofie Carsten Nielsen parachuted to a job with Dansk Industri.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeswax
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
The train driver's stike is on. Good opportunity to put your money where you mouth is, if you can spare some cash.