Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Mandolorian season 4 Grogu leak:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
https://twitter.com/ASFleischman/status/1646292480659210246

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Android Apocalypse posted:

Mandolorian season 4 Grogu leak:

Lol we had the same thought.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Kalli posted:

Just gonna presume Grogu's sitting in a hollowed out torso of a droid and every other droid is completely horrified by it.

Yes. Yes. Yes. Yes.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Star Trek

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Y’all I am not a lawyer, maybe Crazy can explain it to me, but this just seems a tad shady.

https://twitter.com/JustinElliott/status/1646579185131855872

https://mobile.twitter.com/lrozen/status/1646587112358117376

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
He bought it and then improved the house? Letting her stay for free? Lmao

Mr nice was always a con law wiz. I’ll defer to him in the absence of my top of the head knowledge

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Amy Pole Her posted:

He bought it and then improved the house? Letting her stay for free? Lmao

Mr nice was always a con law wiz. I’ll defer to him in the absence of my top of the head knowledge

And if you click through….

https://twitter.com/lrozen/status/1646590189991612436?s=20

Do not bug Clarence’s momma.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Oh hey, the Cash App guy who was stabbed the other week was shanked by someone he knew, and it wasn’t a random attack on the street. I assume that Musk and all of the chuds who rushed to judgment will be apolo- lmao I’m sorry I can’t do it

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Look, people buy and sell property every day!

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Freaquency posted:

Oh hey, the Cash App guy who was stabbed the other week was shanked by someone he knew, and it wasn’t a random attack on the street. I assume that Musk and all of the chuds who rushed to judgment will be apolo- lmao I’m sorry I can’t do it

And it was another Tech exec, so they about to be real quiet on the subject.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Talk about a cutthroat industry :wal:

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Selling your mom's house while she's still living in it is some hosed up stuff, I don't care what Crow did to renovate the place after the fact. You've obviously got the money to do those renovations yourself!

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

glup shitto

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

LeeMajors posted:

A buddy of mine got his CRNA cold at like 40 after having no experience in healthcare. Did an 18mo BSN program, worked a year in ICU, went straight into CRNA program, got a very high paying job in Maine and peaced the gently caress out of SC.

CRNA or perfusion is deffo where you want to be for high paying jobs outside DO/MD.

That’s badass.

I’ve been kicking around the idea of going back to school recently. I looked at some NP and even some PA-C stuff.

I’ve gotten especially interested in psych related roles in the past few months after going through my own mental health journey. A local practice diagnosed me with Bipolar 2 and ADHD. I’m on a mood stabilizer and stimulant now. Holy poo poo it’s amazing how much the right medication can change your life.

Now I find myself thinking something like a psych NP role could be super rewarding. Then I read all the experiences of my healthcare bros ITT and it seems pretty :stonk:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Rewatching HIMYM and seeing NPH play Barney in the light of who NPH makes it a different kind of funny for me. Like NPH couldn’t be more different of a person than Barney is.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Joey Freshwater posted:

Rewatching HIMYM and seeing NPH play Barney in the light of who NPH makes it a different kind of funny for me. Like NPH couldn’t be more different of a person than Barney is.

Apparently, they weren't going to cast him because they didn't think people would buy him as a womanizer, but then they saw Harold and Kumar, and that changed their mind.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

swickles posted:

And it was another Tech exec, so they about to be real quiet on the subject.

According to the article I read his LinkedIn said "Tec consultant and start-up owner" but doesn't list a start up, so I'm guessing he was asking the Cash App guy for money and was told no.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Ehud posted:

That’s badass.

I’ve been kicking around the idea of going back to school recently. I looked at some NP and even some PA-C stuff.

I’ve gotten especially interested in psych related roles in the past few months after going through my own mental health journey. A local practice diagnosed me with Bipolar 2 and ADHD. I’m on a mood stabilizer and stimulant now. Holy poo poo it’s amazing how much the right medication can change your life.

Now I find myself thinking something like a psych NP role could be super rewarding. Then I read all the experiences of my healthcare bros ITT and it seems pretty :stonk:

You just have to find the right field.

I talk a lot of poo poo but I’d never discourage anyone from getting into healthcare. Just realize that enthusiasm will wane just like any other job and that being “rewarding” and “necessary” will only go so far. The hours are often long, the job is thankless, and outside of a handful of specialties and credentials the money isn’t great great. On the plus side, you have real power to actually help people and your job is secure as long as you aren’t a loving idiot (and often if even if you are).

I’ve come around to the notion that folks usually aren’t meant to just pick one thing and do it forever. Although, this may be because I’m in the process of changing careers myself.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I just applied for a neurohospitalist position at my old hospital with the same group. Before I applied I made sure all my old supervisors knew “uh I’m really sorry and all of you were right and actually I never actually left and am still in the system and can start like tomorrow”

I’ve also got a bunch of travel agencies trying to find me something, but all I want is neuro or psych.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
Toaster dick went on to get get CRNA and last I heard was working in a prison in Arizona making bank.

My big fluffy boy got a good check up at the vet. He will need to get a dental by the end of the year but that's the only issue. I definitely need to get him a bigger carrier too.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Buddy of mine didn't believe dragon's breath shells were real so now he's ordering some lmao

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Tulalip Tulips posted:

Toaster dick went on to get get CRNA and last I heard was working in a prison in Arizona making bank.

My big fluffy boy got a good check up at the vet. He will need to get a dental by the end of the year but that's the only issue. I definitely need to get him a bigger carrier too.

There's hope for everyone

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
God the Robin Sparkles reveal is still so good, even though I knew what was coming

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Hot Diggity! posted:

Buddy of mine didn't believe dragon's breath shells were real so now he's ordering some lmao

I wish I could have them out here. They look so fun.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

LeeMajors posted:

You just have to find the right field.

I talk a lot of poo poo but I’d never discourage anyone from getting into healthcare. Just realize that enthusiasm will wane just like any other job and that being “rewarding” and “necessary” will only go so far. The hours are often long, the job is thankless, and outside of a handful of specialties and credentials the money isn’t great great. On the plus side, you have real power to actually help people and your job is secure as long as you aren’t a loving idiot (and often if even if you are).

I’ve come around to the notion that folks usually aren’t meant to just pick one thing and do it forever. Although, this may be because I’m in the process of changing careers myself.

What did you end up deciding on for your career change?

FizFashizzle posted:

I just applied for a neurohospitalist position at my old hospital with the same group. Before I applied I made sure all my old supervisors knew “uh I’m really sorry and all of you were right and actually I never actually left and am still in the system and can start like tomorrow”

I’ve also got a bunch of travel agencies trying to find me something, but all I want is neuro or psych.

Remind me, what track did you go when you went back to school?

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Leftovers from Easter dinner becomes a fancy quesadilla while I watch Easy Rider.

(There were no football games on, so no wings)

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

BlindSite posted:

I wish I could have them out here. They look so fun.

They do! We can't get them where we are either but both having family out of state helps so we can get them delivered.

Should be great time once we get them.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Android Apocalypse posted:

Leftovers from Easter dinner becomes a fancy quesadilla while I watch Easy Rider.

(There were no football games on, so no wings)

Hey that was filmed about 15 miles from me in Morganza. It’s their only claim to fame!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ehud posted:

Remind me, what track did you go when you went back to school?

PA-C

Had to go back and get basically an associates in biology and wipe butt for a while but I did it about as fast as I could timeline wise.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Ehud posted:

What did you end up deciding on for your career change?

Electrical Engineering. I’m squarely in prerequisite and math-review mode which has been pretty fun and interesting but thankfully, even though the majority of my higher level credits are expired, I got basically all of my general ed requirements transferred in.

Fiz can fill you in much better than I can, but the general consensus with a lot of my PA friends who transitioned from medic is that it is not as much of the hot commodity easy-route-to-140k as it used to be because it’s such a hot licensure now and it has diluted the market.

Travel jobs have been sort of a contradiction to this (thanks to Covid subsidies and corporate willingness to union bust) but family makes that a much more difficult path.

LeeMajors fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Apr 14, 2023

EmbryoSteve
Dec 18, 2004

Taste~The~Rainbow

My blood sugar is gon' be like

~^^^^*WHOA*^^^^~

Ehud posted:

That’s badass.

If you're interested in psych stuff become a counselor. We need more therapists.

In my experience many prescribers who don't also practice therapy aren't always helpful since they think the can just prescribe a cure to the "problem" rather than address what the actual problem is that Is manifesting as psychiatric symptoms (psychotic, bi polar, and AdHd dx not withstanding as those are things you learn to live with and manage with meds). Clients have talked at length with me about difficulties with prescribers not understanding their issues and not listening to them. Not to mention that most prescribers only see clients once every 3-6 months to check on med efficacy most of the time.

Meds have their place imo but if you want to be face to face with mental health and join people on their journey to a new healthy and adaptive life and hold the honor of thier secrets and pain as you guide and suuport them in thier most challenging moments then become a counselor. (Therapy rules)

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Amazing such a bad accident occurred. Supposedly the driver stopped on a dime.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Season 3 Episode 9 of Picard.

:discourse:

Perfection for an old TNG fan like me. Perfection.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

LeeMajors posted:

Electrical Engineering. I’m squarely in prerequisite and math-review mode which has been pretty fun and interesting but thankfully, even though the majority of my higher level credits are expired, I got basically all of my general ed requirements transferred in.

Fiz can fill you in much better than I can, but the general consensus with a lot of my PA friends who transitioned from medic is that it is not as much of the hot commodity easy-route-to-140k as it used to be because it’s such a hot licensure now and it has diluted the market.

Travel jobs have been sort of a contradiction to this (thanks to Covid subsidies and corporate willingness to union bust) but family makes that a much more difficult path.

EE sounds fascinating to me, I've been in the data center industry for the past 6 years dealing with electrical equipment to power them, but couldn't tell you poo poo about how they work besides the very basics. If I had to go back to school I'd try for it, but I mean, I swore off school after I got my Masters but I guess anything can happen :v:

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Just saw the latest Final Fantasy 16 state of play and holy poo poo my body is read. YoshiP you absolute monster.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Just watched ant man. It was fine. Always more questions with these films.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Daycare crud has killed me this week, first nasty head cold in a couple years. Oh, and the baby has had a cough and occasionally popped a fever as well too. Fun. At least we’ve made it to the point where the little one will be at daycare until 3 pm from next Monday (as a way to integrate into daycare).

Gonna try out the new EA Sports PGA game today, if you’ve got GamePass there’s a chance to do 10 hours trial before buying. I still have Like a Dragon: Ishin to get started, and a bunch of other stuff to play, including…Breath of the Wild :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Heading to the coast for an extended weekend. Wonder how it will be out there?

https://twitter.com/theinsiderpaper/status/1646701011061309444?s=46&t=crshEc6ZJO1zh40ZDAIfPQ

Oh.