Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
What I remember most from the webcomics thread is people (well, Pick mostly) getting angry that I found some woman's yaoi comic about prettyboy Nazis kinda offensive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

so who was Pick anyway

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Autisanal Cheese posted:

so who was Pick anyway

A poster who was kinda sheltered and odd and had the great ability to make people go completely insane everywhere she posted

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Autisanal Cheese posted:

so who was Pick anyway

Oh god not this poo poo again

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

She was an expert on Star Trek memes

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its a neat trick, but you can only do it once

Nuns with Guns posted:

It was like one person who was over-reactive to negativity, but there are so many other places to talk about webcomics here that people just shifted tabs.

there was also that period of time where if people talked about one comic too much they'd be told to make a thread for it lol. so people did and conversation died bc it had been scattered so thoroughly to the wind

Oxxidation posted:

the CCCC thread was originally in YCS and more of a standard mock thread, though it did occasionally dig up gems like It Hurts!! when it moved to byob it kept doing its thing for a while until some people started posting scans of published comics, which vastly improved the vibe and had everyone looking out for things they enjoyed rather than things to poo poo on

that iteration of the thread is gone because notorious rear end in a top hat Hogge Wilde reported it over and over again for the comic scans until the mods deleted it out of concern over potential legal action, but the general change in attitude stuck

its healthy combination of hidden gems, retreads of old classics and things that genuinely make me want to die. a nice medley

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
I’m sad that I’m not even on the ignored guy leaderboard

Autisanal Cheese posted:

so who was Pick anyway

Nice bait

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Pick was

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

What I remember most from the webcomics thread is people (well, Pick mostly) getting angry that I found some woman's yaoi comic about prettyboy Nazis kinda offensive.

One of the many yaoi nazi webcomics. And at least one of the two yaoi nazi centaurs webcomics.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Paladinus posted:

One of the many yaoi nazi webcomics. And at least one of the two yaoi nazi centaurs webcomics.

This isn't a joke by the way, there were comics posted about centaurs who were literal WW2 era Nazis.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

This isn't a joke by the way, there were comics posted about centaurs who were literal WW2 era Nazis.

the gently caress

fun hater
May 24, 2009

i also do not think it can be understated how alarming of an image a nazi centaur is until your eyes take it in

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

fun hater posted:

i also do not think it can be understated how alarming of an image a nazi centaur is until your eyes take it in

is the top part all greek and the bottom part is in the hugo boss suits?

shelley
Nov 8, 2010

Autisanal Cheese posted:

the gently caress

that’s gotta be this lady’s work

Radia
Jul 14, 2021

And someday, together.. We'll shine.

fun hater posted:

i would simply blind myself if i thought i would see such

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Yes, one of the nazi centaurs comics was by Donna Barr, but there was another one, much more recent, where it was slightly veiled and in-universe not-nazis had three-legged swastikas, and centaurs were drawn much daintier.

fun hater
May 24, 2009

its the other one that has never been successfully ejected from my brain. go ahead and look away if you dare bitch

Syd Midnight posted:

That comic was way better and cleverer and more fun than it had any right to be.

and speaking of old webcomics with strong political context I wonder how this one is doin

oh I'll bet it has aged just wonderfully

this poo poo is so insane i cant help but laugh thinking abt someone drawing this entire thing and at no point going "hmm hold on"

fun hater
May 24, 2009

assigning my ocs to concentration camps like harry potter houses and not taking my medication

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Even the pigman seems confused about why he's in that image

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

:chanpop:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

fun hater posted:

its the other one that has never been successfully ejected from my brain. go ahead and look away if you dare bitch

this poo poo is so insane i cant help but laugh thinking abt someone drawing this entire thing and at no point going "hmm hold on"

no no no no no no no no no no no

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Lmao, yes, I forgot they were literally called nazys. One of the most webcomic webcomics to ever webcomic.

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Imp Zone Wrestling Federation presents The RIGHT Kind of RAM! LIVE NOW @ https://www.twitch.tv/ritoru_demon

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
Great card tonight, too. See janky approximations of your favorite posters go head to head in the ring!

That Little Demon posted:

:siren: :siren: Card for Thursday Night RAM! 4/13/23 :siren: :siren:

The Rare Double Siren for a stacked rear end card ahead of PPV week next week!

A new tag team debuts …
Game Club vs Marrow Pack

Tawal Vs mbt

Am extreme rules tag team match
Impocolypse vs Obese Brotherhood

SC64 is sick of empty mayo jars in the locker room
Stone Cold 64 Vs tmfc

A Battle of the Banned Hell in the Cell Match
Larry vs ArfJason vs Plutonis vs TLD

A Rematch with no holds barred
Elf Help vs Stux

P-Mack has been eating their clearly marked lunches in the fridge

P-Mack vs 16bb and EmmyOK and Joey McChrist

Niennunb vs Arrthymia

Main Event
:siren: 6-way women’s battle royale :siren:
Not to be outdone by the boys on Tuesday, the girls show they are hardcore as hell

Chuck Vs bees x1000 vs Hizke vs kagaya homoraisan vs Lumpy vs Dr Cool AIDS

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Not in it but I guess I’ll watch anyway

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

fun hater posted:

I am genuinely speechless

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

fun hater posted:

wtf

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Danaru posted:

I am genuinely speechless

:same:

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
long pork

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Wario did not win. The fix is in

Douche Wolf 89
Dec 9, 2010

🍉🐺8️⃣9️⃣
furry concentration camp but not an SA admin decision

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
God dammit I've had that owl song stuck in my head all day

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Paladinus posted:

Lmao, yes, I forgot they were literally called nazys. One of the most webcomic webcomics to ever webcomic.

Jesus

though it feels like nazeighs was a lost opportunity

Okay now to try and lobotomies myself to never think about that again

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L3aDgq5HQeM

Leraika
Jun 14, 2015

Luckily, I *did* save your old avatar. Fucked around and found out indeed.
Hmm, this is some knowledge I probably would have been better off not having.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

I’ve been playing path of exile lately and my biggest issue is that nothing really feels permanent. Like your characters are kinda meant to be dumped at the end of the season so you can start a fresh one.

The gameplay is fun and I’ve been playing it a lot on the steam deck too.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Douche Wolf 89 posted:

furry concentration camp but not an SA admin decision

Lol

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

MarcusSA posted:

I’ve been playing path of exile lately and my biggest issue is that nothing really feels permanent. Like your characters are kinda meant to be dumped at the end of the season so you can start a fresh one.

The gameplay is fun and I’ve been playing it a lot on the steam deck too.

yeah the biggest issue with the game imo is that unless you're absolutely obsessed it's not really reasonable to "finish" a character within the span of a league. always gonna be a few steps away from the peak unless you're very lucky. and since a pretty large chunk of players only play the first month of a league, the economy falls to poo poo for 2/3rds of the season.

the league structure is pretty core to how the game works at this point but i would still play it occasionally if i could hop onto old characters and do the new content, but i can't so i don't

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

fun hater posted:

Why