Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I compiled the entirety of this thread and had an AI write a short story about it:

quote:

The Yakuza team was gathered in a small, cramped apartment, the air thick with the smell of cigarettes and sake. Dark, modern art adorned the walls, displaying a mix of traditional and contemporary themes that only the Yakuza team could appreciate. They settled in the living room, the oldest members of the group on the sofas, the rest of the group in various chairs and on the floor, a mixture of age and status among them.

In the middle of the room was a flat-screen television, the bright light of the movie flickering off the faces of the old mobsters. On the screen was the opening of the Mario movie, the characters bursting onto the screen with a loud, vibrant melody.

"Whoa," someone said, a little awe in their voice.

The Yakuza team watched the movie, each with their own thoughts. Some of them chuckled at the hijinks of Mario, while others rolled their eyes at the silliness of it all.

At the same time, something else was playing in another room—HBO's Succession. In the other room, the conversations were slightly different. Here, the Yakuza team discussed the show's themes—the power struggles between the characters, the complexities of family dynamics, and the hidden motivations of the characters—all in the context of the Yakuza team's own experiences.

But soon enough, their attention returned to the movie. On the screen, the group watched Mario and his friends battle against Bowser and save the Mushroom Kingdom. But even as the movie ended, the Yakuza team's commentary didn't stop.

"You know, I think that Mario's a real rear end in a top hat," one of the mobsters said. "He only cares about himself and doesn't think about the consequences of his actions."

The other mobsters agreed, and the conversation shifted to Mario's questionable morality.

At the same time, the group talked about Stanley Kubrick's The Shining. As the movie was playing in the other room, the mobsters had plenty of criticisms to offer.

"The Shining is a masterpiece, but it's too creepy," one said.

"Yeah," another agreed, "it's kind of a downer. There's no real hope in the movie."

The conversation turned to the movie's horrifying imagery, and the mobsters expressed their dismay at the movie's bleakness.

"I don't care how much people say it's a masterpiece," one of them said, "I just don't like it."

The conversation shifted away from The Shining, and the Yakuza team watched the credits roll on the Mario movie. They made plans for dinner, and then their attention shifted to the HBO show playing in the other room.

The Yakuza team watched Succession, offering their own take on how the show's characters related to their own lives and experiences. They talked about the show's themes, offering a mix of admiration and criticism.

The night ended as the group watched the last episode of the HBO show, each offering a few final comments before turning off the television and dispersing for the night. As the Yakuza team members said goodnight, they left the cramped apartment, each with a mix of nostalgia for the movies and admiration for the conversations they'd shared throughout the night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Captain Magic posted:

I compiled the entirety of this thread and had an AI write a short story about it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91NoRucQjhI

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

tag yourself, im the obv stoned guy that says whoa

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 56 minutes!
I ain’t readin all that sheeeit

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

good morning. can’t get motivated at work at all this week, ive done nothing lmao

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 56 minutes!
good morning. on set today with some bands. good fun

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

Good morning I have a dentist appointment today 🦷

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Good morning. It’s new agent photo day, the worst!

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Good morning. I was able to prevent an eviction for one of my clients and their family. Didn't feel like doing work but did it anyway

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Shard posted:

Good morning. I was able to prevent an eviction for one of my clients and their family. Didn't feel like doing work but did it anyway

You did a good job.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Critical posted:

tag yourself, im the obv stoned guy that says whoa

Captain Magic posted:

"I don't care how much people say it's a masterpiece," one of them said, "I just don't like it."

Penguin Patrol
Mar 3, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Critical posted:

tag yourself

Captain Magic posted:

They made plans for dinner

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

It’s not me but I am friends with the guy who called Mario a real rear end in a top hat.

Shard posted:

hell yeah hell yeah

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Ladybird says spring has officially sprung

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Ganso Bomb posted:

Ladybird says spring has officially sprung

omg your dog looks so much like my last dog :unsmith:

jesus WEP fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Apr 13, 2023

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

jesus WEP posted:

omg your dog looks so much like my last dog :unsmith:

What a sweet little face! Ours is a greyhound/saluki mix so she's fast and energetic when she wants to be, but lazy like in the photos 90% of the time.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

quote:

The night ended as the group watched the last episode of the HBO show, each offering a few final comments before turning off the television and dispersing for the night. As the Yakuza team members said goodnight, they left the cramped apartment, each with a mix of nostalgia for the movies and admiration for the conversations they'd shared throughout the night.

This is a beautiful vision of heaven

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
DO NOT try to take Ace's froggy. he definitely DOES NOT want someone to take his froggy and throw it across the room. he would be SO MAD of that happened.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Ganso Bomb posted:

What a sweet little face! Ours is a greyhound/saluki mix so she's fast and energetic when she wants to be, but lazy like in the photos 90% of the time.
that’s exactly what Bonnie was too :3:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

ace’s eyes are so big and sad and now I don’t know if I should grab the froggy or not :ohdear:

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Both my baby and my dog are firmly in the “no take only throw” camp

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

jesus WEP posted:

ace’s eyes are so big and sad and now I don’t know if I should grab the froggy or not :ohdear:

DO NOT! DO NOT TAKE FROGGY! Just because he hunts froggy down and brings him directly to you and stands with froggy over your hand DOES NOT mean you should try to take him and throw him across the room! No take! Only throw!

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

jesus WEP posted:

that’s exactly what Bonnie was too :3:

It’s such a good combination! I don’t think we’ll ever not have a greyhound after having Ladybird. I hope you had many great fun and/or lazy years with Bonnie :unsmith:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Ganso Bomb posted:

It’s such a good combination! I don’t think we’ll ever not have a greyhound after having Ladybird. I hope you had many great fun and/or lazy years with Bonnie :unsmith:
not as long as we would have liked, but every day was a treasure :unsmith:

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

the dentist said my teeth are good
🦷

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

boxcarhobo posted:

the dentist said my teeth are good
🦷

Congratulations. Dental care can be so expensive

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

So I’m looking for an air conditioner for the ol bedroom that I can remove daily without too much hassle, does anyone have any hot tips to keep my summer cool?

If anyone tells me to call sears I’ll freak out

Beef Jerky Robot fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Apr 14, 2023

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Beef Jerky Robot posted:

So I’m looking for an air conditioner for the ol bedroom that I can remove daily without too much hassle, does anyone have any hot tips to keep my summer cool?

If anyone tells me to call sears I’ll freak out

I always buy air conditioners from Costco cause they usually work fine to good and if they crap out you can return them.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Idk if it’s an option for you but here’s a few things I’ve changed to have better sleep in the summer because I run hot as an oven at night:

- I got one of those rectangular box fans you can put in the window
- I got a weighted blanket that is like, heavy because it’s thick coils of fabric (not little beads like a lot of them); the neat thing is that this means air moves through the holes in the coils so it’s very cool despite being super heavy and comfy
- I use ice packs at night that I keep in the freezer all day
- my baby hated the overhead fan so when she slept in our room I got a gigantic standing box fan and just pointed it right at me from the foot of the bed

that is it. I’m sorry it’s not air conditioning tips; all I have for that is how to tell you to not get a house with asbestos tape inside the vents so you don’t have to replace literally all of the duct work, don’t ask me how I know that

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Tokyo Story is a real good film

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Captain Magic posted:

- I got a weighted blanket that is like, heavy because it’s thick coils of fabric (not little beads like a lot of them); the neat thing is that this means air moves through the holes in the coils so it’s very cool despite being super heavy and comfy

hosed up that you would post this and then not post where to get this miracle blanket

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

hosed up that you would post this and then not post where to get this miracle blanket

Lol I honestly didn’t remember the name of it. Anyway, I did some searching and it was a Bearaby. Apparently I spent a lot! Never thought about the cost since tho, which seems like a good endorsement. I love that thing. I loving hate sleeping poorly and love to sleep well so I am super willing to spend more of my cash on that I guess. I also got a super de-dooper buckwheat pillows and a podcast mattress. Love to sleep fellas, I’m a sleep lover

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

Captain Magic posted:

Lol I honestly didn’t remember the name of it. Anyway, I did some searching and it was a Bearaby. Apparently I spent a lot! Never thought about the cost since tho, which seems like a good endorsement. I love that thing. I loving hate sleeping poorly and love to sleep well so I am super willing to spend more of my cash on that I guess. I also got a super de-dooper buckwheat pillows and a podcast mattress. Love to sleep fellas, I’m a sleep lover

ty good morning

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Captain Magic posted:

I want to live in this blanket

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Shard posted:

You are among the best of us Shard.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Going to the Minnesota state fair, get to see The Hold Steady/Bob Mould/Dillinger 4

It's gonna be heckin' neat

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Dangerous Person posted:

Tokyo Story is a real good film

This your first Ozu? He was one of my biggest blind spots before late last year when I watched Tokyo Story. Good Morning and Late Spring are the other two of his I’ve seen recently and they’re both so loving good.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Captain Magic posted:

I was very interested in this and literally gasped out loud when I saw it. My wife asked what and then she did too when she saw the price.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

yeah it is a lot of money, idk. Two years later and it is holding up great if that makes any difference.

You spend a third of your life asleep!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

NienNunb posted:

This your first Ozu? He was one of my biggest blind spots before late last year when I watched Tokyo Story. Good Morning and Late Spring are the other two of his I’ve seen recently and they’re both so loving good.

I saw Good Morning on Criterion Channel a couple years ago and really dug it. My friend had been telling me to watch this one for years so I finally pulled the trigger. I like his style a lot, definitely want to see more of it. Slow but everything just breathes in those movies