Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Oglethorpe posted:

fluid karma lookin good

suck it gas guzzlers

Need to watch that movie again to determine if it was a fevered vision of the future that came true or an incoherent cocaine dream like I remember it being

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Xi made her an offer she can't refuse.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/DeclassifiedAus/status/1646463083332894720

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

i'm convinced that there's a non-atlanticist faction of the EU wants out from the american yolk and are basically just begging china for an excuse to give them an out

yellowcar has issued a correction as of 03:35 on Apr 14, 2023

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010
https://twitter.com/RnaudBertrand/status/1646333329233580033?s=20

Lmao

FrancisFukyomama
Feb 4, 2019

isn’t that arnaud guy funnily enough a very milquetoast French lib when talking about his own country? i remember him tweeting angrily about the Roma causing traffic jams in France once which I assume is a center left opinion over there

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
Coming from the the Germany Green party's mouth that they support Macron's position is pretty big news. I understand none of the French official come out and oppose Macron's US/Taiwan comment. The French finance minister even said something to support Macron.

Maybe some of these people figured out how the nordstream was bombed.

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009

Donnie Yen

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

FrancisFukyomama posted:

isn’t that arnaud guy funnily enough a very milquetoast French lib when talking about his own country? i remember him tweeting angrily about the Roma causing traffic jams in France once which I assume is a center left opinion over there

most of the pro-china people on twitter are non-ideological and just like the country for its basic competence relative to their homes

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
also going against the blob on twitter does allow you to carve out your own following. Him destroying zenz was funny though.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin
https://www.scmp.com/sport/tennis/article/3216985/wta-make-china-return-september-admits-boycott-over-peng-shuai-claims-did-not-work

quote:

“In 2021, when Chinese tennis player Peng Shuai bravely came forward, the WTA took a stance and suspended its operation of events in China out of concern for her safety and the safety of our players and staff,” the association said.

“After 16 months of suspended tennis competition in China and sustained efforts at achieving our original requests, the situation has shown no sign of changing.

“We have concluded we will never fully secure those goals, and it will be our players and tournaments who ultimately will be paying an extraordinary price for their sacrifices.

“For these reasons, the WTA is lifting its suspension of the operation of tournaments in the People’s Republic of China and will resume tournaments in China this September.”

The WTA said as recently as in January that it had called for a “formal investigation into the allegations by the appropriate authorities and an opportunity for the WTA to meet with Peng - privately - to discuss her situation”.

“While we have always indicated we are hopeful we will be in a position to again operate WTA events in the region, we will not compromise our founding principles in order to do so,” it said at the time.

lol just take the L and pretend nothing happened.

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Tankbuster posted:

also going against the blob on twitter does allow you to carve out your own following. Him destroying zenz was funny though.

he didnt even really "destroy" zenz as much as zenz just came across as barely competent. for a casual debate arnaud did fine i guess but he didnt seem like a well prepared expert or anything

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

i dont understand what their goal was? they said it was to ensure her safety but that their goals failed and also they think she's safe?

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

In Training posted:

That seems like a insane escalation.

They frame it as blocking the Chinese government from owning land through proxies.

It's insanely racist and hard not to draw comparisons in my head to the Nuremberg laws.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

R. Guyovich posted:

most of the pro-china people on twitter are non-ideological and just like the country for its basic competence relative to their homes
some people just wanna grill

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

fart simpson posted:

he didnt even really "destroy" zenz as much as zenz just came across as barely competent. for a casual debate arnaud did fine i guess but he didnt seem like a well prepared expert or anything

arnaud had the unbeatable advantage of stepping foot in china.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/KieHirako9700/status/1646526674660642817?t=ccYsu5NZy3heqD0wr7krDQ&s=19

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

ikanreed posted:

They frame it as blocking the Chinese government from owning land through proxies.

It's insanely racist and hard not to draw comparisons in my head to the Nuremberg laws.

huh, whats the deal with florida lol

quote:

But the bill is particularly noteworthy for the restrictions it would place on land purchases that can be made by the Chinese Communist Party, the People’s Republic of China, “any official or member” of the CCP and PRC, businesses that are principally based in China, and China-based individuals who are not U.S. citizens. The bill, Collins said on Monday, was inspired by estimates that Chinese entities own well over 350,000 acres of land in the U.S. and that foreign investors own 5.7 percent of Florida’s privately held farmland.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/Orgetorix/status/1646716103110934528

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

fits my needs posted:

huh, whats the deal with florida lol

That loving rhetorical twist to "foreign investors" to make it sound like Chinese when the earlier numbers tell you immediately that Chinese people only less than 0.1% of the land in the state. Racist hell hole.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

they did sth like that in Vancouver canada right ?

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Well the article is paywalled. Who is this "asian country" this clickbait article is referring to. Don't loving say is Japan.

If they wanted to include AUKUS with Japan they would have used the 5 eye, 6 eye, QUAD frame work.

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/gyude_moore/status/1646620203621515268

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

stephenthinkpad posted:

Well the article is paywalled. Who is this "asian country" this clickbait article is referring to. Don't loving say is Japan.

If they wanted to include AUKUS with Japan they would have used the 5 eye, 6 eye, QUAD frame work.

quote:

As a stalwart U.S. ally with an increasingly strained relationship with China, Japan unsurprisingly supports AUKUS. During a call with Albanese last month, Japanese Prime Minister Fumio Kishida noted that AUKUS would “contribute to the peace and stability of the Indo-Pacific region amidst an increasingly severe security environment.” Last December, Tokyo released its new National Security Strategy, which described Beijing’s military activities as “unprecedented and the greatest strategic challenge.”

Japan’s primary concern is its dispute with China over the Senkaku Islands (which Beijing calls the Diaoyu Islands). But in recent years, Tokyo has increasingly voiced its concerns over Beijing’s military pressure against Taipei, as well. Writing in Foreign Policy, Hoover Institution scholar Michael Auslin argued that Japan belongs in AUKUS (making it JAUKUS?).

South Korea, another critical U.S. ally, hasn’t officially weighed in on AUKUS. Understandably, this is because South Korea focuses on North Korea and tries to maintain a delicate balance between China and the United States. However, South Korean President Yoon Suk-yeol is clearly uncomfortable with Chinese assertiveness in the region. In June 2022 in Madrid, he became the first South Korean leader to attend and speak at a NATO summit, where the main topic of discussion was how the alliance could counter China and Russia. Under Yoon, South Korea is reportedly seeking to increase engagement with, and potentially join, the Quad, another security grouping designed in large part to check China.

Meanwhile, Taiwan—frequently the target of China’s ire—has understandably embraced AUKUS.

In Southeast Asia, AUKUS is more controversial. Despite China’s encroachments in the South China Sea and elsewhere, virtually all nations are attempting to stay out of great power competition by neither endorsing nor condemning the pact. The region’s only strong AUKUS supporter is the Philippines, another U.S. ally that also faces daily Chinese pressure in the disputed South China Sea. For the Philippine government in Manila, AUKUS is a helpful addition to regional security architecture. In 2021, Philippine Foreign Secretary Teodoro Locsin Jr. noted that AUKUS “should restore and keep balance rather than destabilize it.”

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/MSN/status/1646737872895246337?s=20

quote:

The visit included the swearing in on Thursday of former Brazilian President Dilma Rousseff as head of the Chinese-backed New Development Bank, which is funding infrastructure projects in Brazil and elsewhere in the developing world.

That NDB portrays itself as an alternative to the International Monetary Fund and World Bank, which often impose loan conditions that developing nations criticize as punitive.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Mandoric posted:

To be fair,

this was a wonderful and informative post, thank you

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

In Training posted:

That seems like a insane escalation.

That register will probably get handed over to PRC.

I don't think internment camps are on the agenda but asset and money tracking probably is.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Slavvy posted:

Need to watch that movie again to determine if it was a fevered vision of the future that came true or an incoherent cocaine dream like I remember it being

USident and state passports still seem on the agenda.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Market it to the libs as "IP Theft Man"

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Slavvy posted:

Xi showing euro politicians Americascrimes.txt one by one

yeah, and then flipped open Amercaspunishment.txt to seal the deal

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Building those parallel structures, hell yes.

It's what you do to make sure you are actually able to knock down the rotten originals without shooting yourself in the foot.

It's also why any serious communist party in a non-communist country should be setting up their own parallel government bureaucracy and provide public services to citizens in areas neglected by the liberal government, and then expand from there.

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

Mantis42 posted:

Market it to the libs as "IP Theft Man"

I will allow kung fu thiefing IPs, not the John Wick 4 poo poo.

Actually make a new Wolf Warriors movie, but about stealing American semiconductor IPs.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Oglethorpe posted:

fluid karma lookin good

suck it gas guzzlers

oh my

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

rofl wtf

are all euro politicians under some kind of dark geas that gets dispelled upon beholding the red sun of the orient?

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

crepeface posted:

rofl wtf

are all euro politicians under some kind of dark geas that gets dispelled upon beholding the red sun of the orient?

What if the answer was yes?

Ooh I just got +50 social credit points.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Probably going for a talk, Mr Xi presents a bunch of evidence about how the US is ratfucking the EU in the hopes it collapses into more easily managed vassal states, things become more believable do to recent leaks and events

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Slavvy posted:

Xi showing euro politicians Americascrimes.txt one by one

So they didn't manage to shoot down the balloon before China found Joe's euro_nudes folder.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/teddyboylocsin/status/1646621033317769222?t=XxLIRvgBUYRmeBRxDKew1g&s=19

He just... tweeted it out

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

not even bourgie scum can deny the flawless dialectic of xi jinping thought

fart simpson posted:

i dont understand what their goal was? they said it was to ensure her safety but that their goals failed and also they think she's safe?

their goal was to look good for western shitlibs, and now they have belatedly realized that some rinkydink sports organization can't actually bully around a superpower

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
THE eu is the worlds third, or possibly fourth, rate superpower