Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
Elon Musk: for 12 years you’ve been asking: who is John Galt…

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

kazil posted:

embed cropping saving the forums from this war crime lol

I'm sure the majority of people looking at embeds are not going to click through just to read the rest of that. Pointless addition.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
whats the point of the new high limit when musk himself is the stupidiest mofo that has mostly 1 word replies/emotes and has the tiniest attention span.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

elon proving he doesn’t understand twitter, again. brevity was one of the positives for twitter.

Tarkus
Aug 27, 2000

PhazonLink posted:

whats the point of the new high limit when musk himself is the stupidiest mofo that has mostly 1 word replies/emotes and has the tiniest attention span.

!!

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It’s the whole reason why embeds are even a thing.

Small enough to scroll past and absorb at speed. That’s why people tweet

It’s going to settle into yet another clone of Facebook or Reddit or wherever the gently caress those screenshotted boomer arguments come from

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Twitter is going to be the place where citizen journalists can publish their articles!

And by that I mean publish long rants about covid and minorities!

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens

kazil posted:

Twitter is going to be the place where citizen journalists can publish their articles!

And by that I mean publish long rants about covid and minorities!

But you gotta subscribe to read the long incoherent rants of course. Can’t miss the chance of making a tiny grifting buck! Then complain to Elon that you’re not getting any engagement :ohdear:

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Luv to post research papers on twitter

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Machai posted:

Why didn't he just use a replicator to make cheap houses for the homeless?

What do you mean, Musk wants to turn the SF Twitter HQ into a homeless shelter, but alas his landlord won't let him

Nobody could be contacted to corroborate that

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Faustian Bargain posted:

elon proving he doesn’t understand twitter, again. brevity was one of the positives for twitter.

Yea, there is no single person that misunderstands why people used Twitter more than it's current owner.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

morningdrew
Jul 18, 2003

It's toe-tapping-ly tragic!

Sir there's a dick on your head. Right next to that cock rocket

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Meanwhile on substack:

https://twitter.com/samthielman/status/1646622634426134529?s=61&t=-vp9P7i8Kl2W3uKiLPEWrA

armchairyoda
Sep 17, 2008
Melman

Yet somehow Seth Abramson will still make “x/60” posts

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
https://twitter.com/ZoeSchiffer/status/1646667324165079040
https://twitter.com/ZoeSchiffer/status/1646670480546623488

bertolt rekt
Jul 30, 2007

No way

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

jfc

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan

They would have come off better if they just said "Yyyyeah, it turns out a lot of our income comes from right wing grifters, so we've gotta protect our bottom line as a business."

I would have had much more respect for that, at least.

But instead that whole thing will become a meme.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

lol he's pushing this poo poo live on saturday

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

please. please just say you won't allow overt racism.

well. i mean i won't get into specifics...

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

love all the idiots in there going "well, the interviewer is an idiot because freedom of speech" despite the fact he's just asking if they have any plans to like, actually implement the promises their terms of service makes and the guy is just going "that's too specific for me to say"

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

*tugs on collar while sweating*

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

the video is even worse

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Strong Sauce posted:

stop trying to push your woke agenda

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Faustian Bargain posted:

Brevity is the soul of wit

it's easy to see elon is witless

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7221602731998498094

flubber nuts
Oct 5, 2005

lol

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Lol he is so mad at the end

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Lol drat. Surprised Elon isn't hiring this guy

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
every tech ceo should be forced into re-education camps and have their wealth redistributed

teemolover42069
Apr 6, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

it rules that this tab will be the opposite of what they're advertising it as - all the good tweets will be from unverified accounts in the tab they try to hide them on. nobody will want to read dogshit elon musk dicksucking and crypto scam tweets by the thousand, which is all that will be in the verified tab

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Paracausal posted:

every tech ceo should be forced into re-education camps and have their wealth redistributed
you're a better person than i am because i would just let them get their education on the street.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

Strong Sauce posted:

Twitter already doesn't allow overt racism. Every single ban I've had has been for calling Elon White Trash, Red neck, or Honky, and we all know white south African slave owners are the real victims of racism

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

That clip is from this longer interview and honestly the whole conversation is just non-stop rake stepping from Chris Best. He's just an absolute buffoon https://www.theverge.com/23681875/substack-notes-twitter-elon-musk-content-moderation-free-speech

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

holy poo poo, lol

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Let's all sign up to substack and post some anti-white racism, see how that goes.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

It's very funny that sub stack got handed an easy win by their competitor and they immediately fumble it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

:laffo:

My guy, all you had to do was go "Of course racism is bad, but as I said we just launched so we don't have an established backend to handle that level of moderation scalability for such a large scale social media platform. However, we hope to have that infrastructure in a relatively short time frame to meet those global expectations; as combating hate speech is a core part of our values."

Instead he went full

Also hats off to Nilay for asking BASIC FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS and not just letting them get away with handwaving it away.