Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

LividLiquid posted:

I love Grogu piloting his dead savior and annoying the poo poo out of his dad.

It's even a great contrast to Din making him shoot the wrist spears earlier. YES YES YES, NO NO NO and gently caress you dad.

I mean Din is great, in that he is trying so very hard, but still, I am all in for Grogu going Daria on the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i am a moron
Nov 12, 2020

"I think if there’s one thing we can all agree on it’s that Penn State and Michigan both suck and are garbage and it’s hilarious Michigan fans are freaking out thinking this is their natty window when they can’t even beat a B12 team in the playoffs lmao"

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

"An assassin droid? Perish the thought, I'm simply a humble bartender named Jackie Dagobah. "

Alright well just FYI I laughed very loudly in real life from this. Still laughing. Lmao

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Panfilo posted:

I wish Raul Julia were still alive because he would have made such a great Moff. Just have him and Moff Fring hamming it up.

My fantasy Mofference is Tarkin and Gideon, plus all new Moffs played by Raul Julia, James Spader, Avery Brooks, Michael Ironside, Jason Isaacs, and Nathan Lane.

They've all been summoned to get chewed out by an Emperor Palpatine who is in an extremely dramatic mood about something.

Someone might actually start gnawing the back of a chair.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Sash! posted:

My fantasy Mofference is Tarkin and Gideon, plus all new Moffs played by Raul Julia, James Spader, Avery Brooks, Michael Ironside, Jason Isaacs, and Nathan Lane.

They've all been summoned to get chewed out by an Emperor Palpatine who is in an extremely dramatic mood about something.

You need Jeremy Irons, Alan Rickman and Jimmy Stewart in there for maximum scenery-chewing. Christopher Walken and Nicolas Cage, too.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar

LividLiquid posted:

Oh, absolutely. Sometimes I hate discussing things on the internet as much as I do because all I could think of when I saw Grogu piloting that thing for the first time is "oh, the posters are gonna' fuckin' hate this," but the moment Din disapproved, it all felt fine and wonderful.

I love Grogu piloting his dead savior and annoying the poo poo out of his dad.

The YES/NO button also turned something objectively very dumb into a powerful moment of character development. Seriously, I was getting pretty hostile for about 20 seconds and then then Grogu hit the “no” button and I’m immediately watching Din and Grogu’s first fight.

They jumped the shark by making me emotionally invested in the shark.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Christopher Walken and Luis Guzman

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
It’s been established that the Outer Rim humans have southern American accents. I want Walton Goggins as some kind of psychopath Imperial playing space sheriff out in the boonies.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Marsupial Ape posted:

The YES/NO button also turned something objectively very dumb into a powerful moment of character development. Seriously, I was getting pretty hostile for about 20 seconds and then then Grogu hit the “no” button and I’m immediately watching Din and Grogu’s first fight.

They jumped the shark by making me emotionally invested in the shark.

Especially if you realize this is Grogu's first real moment of independence. He can reach things, go where he wants, and isn't beholden to a pram or someone's arms. NO he is not going back to that. YES he loves his first car.

On a side-note, I'm pretty sure the IG-12 puppet is built like the spare-parts 3PO from The Phantom Menace with an operator greenscreened out behind it. :allears:

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012

Marsupial Ape posted:

It’s been established that the Outer Rim humans have southern American accents. I want Walton Goggins as some kind of psychopath Imperial playing space sheriff out in the boonies.

We've already got Space Raylan Givens, we need Space Boyd Crowder.

"We dug kyber together."

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

"An assassin droid? Perish the thought, I'm simply a humble bartender named Jackie Dagobah. "

God I fuckin wish that Matt Berry was on cameo and also that I could afford a Matt Berry cameo

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
Moff Michael Shannon

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Matt Berry was already that droid in JabbaBoba's palace, so if he pops up as another one, canonically we would have to assume that there's an entire line of Matt Berry droids

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Well an assassin droid would totally be down to torture Gonk so it fits.

text editor
Jan 8, 2007

Marsupial Ape posted:

I’m full of dumb predictions, today. If the Jet Troopers are younger clones of Gideon, they could use the same actor to insert younger Gideon into Andor season 2. We are post Baby Yoda driving a droid body. Anything is possible, now.

They need to get that guy who played young Stan Edgar in The Boys

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4ThyrnOgKgU

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

kilus aof posted:

For you, the day Moff Bison destroyed your planet was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Taungsday.

It was right there, :cmon:

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020

text editor posted:

They need to get that guy who played young Stan Edgar in The Boys

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4ThyrnOgKgU

Oh poo poo, I forgot all about that. Great show.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Marsupial Ape posted:

"Come on now, I know you're harborin a certain mandalorian in there."

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Especially if you realize this is Grogu's first real moment of independence. He can reach things, go where he wants, and isn't beholden to a pram or someone's arms. NO he is not going back to that. YES he loves his first car.

Right? Of course he's going to mouth off to his space dad the first chance he gets, even if it's just his first car having a speaker. Grogu hasn't had a lot of agency, except using the force to save his space dad a few times, of course he's going to go full blast YES YES YES the moment there is a chance.

Okay I admit I'm just in love with the YES YES YES YES YES scene and sassy Grogu, but it's still arguably also character development.

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.
If we're going to bring back legendary actors, Grand Admiral Thrawn has to be played by Ricardo Montalbán

and then we show how the real big bad of the sequal era is actually Vincent Price. :D

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
David Hasslemoff

Just throwing that one out there.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
Denzel Washington.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
Theory. Grogu inherits the laser Gatling gun for IG12.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Metal crotch guy

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Brian Blessed as TIE Bomber commander yelling DIIIIIIIVVVVVEEE

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Get the whole gang back together

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Explode some heads: Moff William Shatner

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

fartknocker posted:

Explode some heads: Moff William Shatner

Eh, let's use someone a bit less assholey. Moff George Takei.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Randalor posted:

Eh, let's use someone a bit less assholey. Moff George Takei.

Disagree. George Takei needs to be a Sith Lord or Inquisitor, so he can do Force powers as well as chew on the scenery.

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.
We make Shatner a sith lord and then have him summon a ton of space sharks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_KOuX41LuQ

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Nuclear Spoon posted:

how much star wars coke do you think got hoovered off c3po's dome

in star wars or IRL

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x141 KERNEL PANIC

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Disagree. George Takei needs to be a Sith Lord or Inquisitor, so he can do Force powers as well as chew on the scenery.

Didn't Takei already voice someone in Clone Wars?

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Kazy posted:

Lok Durd which is honestly the closest to Glup Shitto

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Nothing saying he can't be a Moff Sith Lord. Well, other than Palpatine going "zappity zap!" the moment he found out (eh, or he was too busy laughing his rear end off at the atrocities the Moff Sith was committing. Either/or really).

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Kazy posted:

Yes.

https://youtu.be/X5dqC8BOS9U

Paper Lion
Dec 14, 2009

filoni needs to lean in and just name some guy shlup gitto. its the closest well ever truly get, and frankly we deserve it

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Sash! posted:

Ooh yeah James Spader would be great too. Michael Ironside has played some good villains over the years as well. Maybe also Ben Kingsley?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Panfilo posted:

Ooh yeah James Spader would be great too. Michael Ironside has played some good villains over the years as well. Maybe also Ben Kingsley?

Michael Ironside would be a good villain, but not for a bombastic Mofference I feel. He'd be the one that's horrifyingly competent and makes the others go "Oh my word, steady on there! :stonk:"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

It's both wonderful and a shame that Andor got Evil Michael Palin for their ISB Chief, because I'd love to see more of him but even if he isn't killed he'd likely be long dead by the time of shows like The Mandalorian/Ahsoka.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
They should've had him be that guy in Andor who was talking about how they developed the audio torture device.

"You'd be pleased to learn that this species we genocided makes a very peculiar death rattle when brutally tortured to death, you'd love to hear it while we pass the time..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Jerusalem posted:

It's both wonderful and a shame that Andor got Evil Michael Palin for their ISB Chief, because I'd love to see more of him but even if he isn't killed he'd likely be long dead by the time of shows like The Mandalorian/Ahsoka.

somehow Major Partagaz has returned