Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

lollontee posted:

THE eu is the worlds third, or possibly fourth, rate superpower

destroying my energy economy to win shitlib redditors who will forget the war as soon as the next cringe event starts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
the superpower today is china and the us and russia could be considered great powers

the eu is mostly a collection of countries that were once geopolitically relevant and are desperately trying to cling to the fiction that they still are

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
europe has been saturated during a critical supercringe event, and i don't know if recovery is possible within my lifetime

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

lollontee posted:

THE eu is the worlds third, or possibly fourth, rate superpower

The worlds premier bottom tier super power.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

DancingShade posted:

The worlds premier bottom tier super power.

The modern Holy Roman Empire

Palladium
May 8, 2012

Very Good
✔️✔️✔️✔️

KomradeX posted:

The modern Holy Roman Empire

quadruple oxymoron then

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

If Europe were to actually unify it would be a Juggernaut but that's extremely unlikely to happen

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

https://twitter.com/TsarKastik/status/1646858065071726594?cxt=HHwWhICzwemr6NotAAAA

chairman xi, thank you

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

taliban ftw

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Slavvy posted:

Need to watch that movie again to determine if it was a fevered vision of the future that came true or an incoherent cocaine dream like I remember it being
It's all of those things as well as the best Phillip k dick movie despite not being based on a pkd book, the best snl movie despite not being based on an snl skit, and the best movie the Rock was ever in.

DiscountDildos
Nov 8, 2017

https://twitter.com/RnaudBertrand/status/1646900588368785408?t=oU3MN4HE3hOEFZbkHd8SPg&s=19

The rhetorical framing of "the Chinese government is saying that the US is out to get them and the Chinese people believe it" is funny too me

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/TrueAnonPod/status/1646882727835123718?t=jHKjKYO3uilPUTy11aHUyA&s=19

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Shiiiiiiit

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
The Truanon pod's latest episode is their review of the show. Brace was far less glowing than Racial Jake

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

DiscountDildos posted:

https://twitter.com/RnaudBertrand/status/1646900588368785408?t=oU3MN4HE3hOEFZbkHd8SPg&s=19

The rhetorical framing of "the Chinese government is saying that the US is out to get them and the Chinese people believe it" is funny too me

the US has been dealing with the EU for so long, it's weird for a country to just... fight back

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

"The Chinese are arguing that the US is trying to contain them and the Chinese people definitely believe that."

buhhh now why would they think that????

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020
The US government don't want to contain the Chinese, they just want to give Chinese undergrads who pay usd to acquire dipolma a bunch of hard time; sue Chinese born college professors who have academic/business connection with China; pass new laws that probiden Chinese nationals to buy houses in the US. Like Chinese who just want to invest in the poo poo US real estate market and get some airbnb properties to rent out to Disland World tourists.

But that's not containing Chinese at all, what are you talkin about.

stephenthinkpad has issued a correction as of 20:28 on Apr 14, 2023

HallelujahLee
May 3, 2009

its time for china to contain the us

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

stephenthinkpad posted:

The US government don't want to contain the Chinese, they just want to give Chinese undergrads who pay usd to acquire dipolma a bunch of hard time; sue Chinese born college professors who have academic/business connection with China; pass new laws that probiden Chinese nationals to buy houses in the US. Like Chinese who just want to invest in the poo poo US real estate market and get some airbnb properties to rent out to Disland World tourists.

china flying over/near taiwan 70 miles away from its border is aggressive military action, but the US doing joint military exercises in the philippines is not

bing

bong

simple!

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

stephenthinkpad posted:

It's funny to target only the most bourgeoise chinese nationals specifically

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

lol

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Cerebral Bore posted:

not even bourgie scum can deny the flawless dialectic of xi jinping thought

it owns

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

love him so much

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

KirbyKhan posted:

The Truanon pod's latest episode is their review of the show. Brace was far less glowing than Racial Jake

Is there a transcription or something, I feel I'm missing a joke

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Is there a transcription or something, I feel I'm missing a joke

Click quote link to [Podcasts] thread, mawhanahwar posted a translation and a lot of people explain the bit

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/BrianMteleSUR/status/1646875189165137920

:3:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

KirbyKhan posted:

Click quote link to [Podcasts] thread, mawhanahwar posted a translation and a lot of people explain the bit

I mean more of the TrueAnon episode or whatever the context is besides some techbro going on about cult opera

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

lol they walk pretty far

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Ghost Leviathan posted:

I mean more of the TrueAnon episode or whatever the context is besides some techbro going on about cult opera

brace isn't a tech bro, he's a Chapo adjacent Maoist who has a podcast that started as coverage of Epstein but has moved on to covering spook para politics poo poo.

he makes up ridiculous characters to play on the podcast and it's funny when those characters get on tv

here's a recent ep they did on china:
https://twitter.com/TrueAnonPod/status/1632781118679154688?t=ZsDhniJBzdFFPAgTMfekiw&s=19

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.
:stare:

https://twitter.com/UnseenJapanSite/status/1647078861518299144

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
that... looks a lot like how a pipe bomb looks

https://twitter.com/araataru/status/1647075375640608769

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Japan has researched the bomb throwers tech.

PhilippAchtel
May 31, 2011

Even for this they have the reaction window in the corner lol

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Lmao, the dude in the white uniform behind the scuffle doing a tap dance routine at the 20 second mark.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
MAY 15 INCIDENT!!!
MAY 15 INCIDENT!!!

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
first abe gets killed by scout tf2, now demoman tf2 tries to kill kishida. Valve's marketing for Steam in Japan is really powerful!

DesertIslandHermit
Oct 7, 2019

It's beautiful. And it's for the god of...of...arts and crafts. I think that's what he said.

Tankbuster posted:

first abe gets killed by scout tf2, now demoman tf2 tries to kill kishida. Valve's marketing for Steam in Japan is really powerful!

Next PM is going to get the bonesaw.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
No prime minister dono...don't get closed to that masked frenchman!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy