Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I used two vouchers on Zelda and Pikmin and two more on baby bayo and Advance Wars. I saved roughly $70 this way, I love vouchers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i did the same thing and also used two more on kirby return to dream land and finally getting mk8 (i had it on wii u)

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

finally, some good games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioyRxSiwQNo

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
That font though

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
gently caress this spider boss in Metroid Fusion

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

Kevyn posted:

gently caress this spider boss in Metroid Fusion

Use the corners as safe spots. Iirc crouching/balling in the corner protects from most attacks

Make a save state afterword, before you leave the room!!

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I have a single voucher atm. That's for Zelda.

Then I'll likely get another two for Pikmin 4 and either FE: Engage or AW. Or I'll hold on to it for another future release. I love how they last a year, you don't really risk anything just having it.

---

Saw Mario. It's fine, if not good. It's a long cartoon in the vein of an old action series. So it's very dynamic and even there's nothing really substantial to it you won't be bored. The voice-acting is actually fine. Pratt did do something to his delivery so it doesn't sound just like him, and every else is pretty good. My least favorite was by far Rogen though, it just sounds like Seth Rogen.

It's a hell of a production. The film is very pretty and the animation is very slick. Seeing as they've made 5x what they put into it already they're undoubtedly going to make more.

We saw it at 10:30 am in Paris. There were like 8 other people. Only one kid.

100YrsofAttitude fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Apr 14, 2023

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Glad everyones talking about the vouchers, haven't got around to buying the new pokemon yet so getting that + zelda seems like a pretty good deal. Might have not considered it / forgotten the vouchers were a thing.

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Apr 14, 2023

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
I got the new Zelda and the remake of Pokémon diamond since I never played any of them before sw/sh

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Oh you best believe I'm vouchin on that TotK

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Have they said how long the vouchers are gonna be up? Like they're not gonna disappear by the end of month, cause I'm waiting for my tax money to come in.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Definitely vouching for TotK, will probably do the 3D Kirby game with the other but I'm in no rush.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Okay, if I start back up BotW and I enjoy it, I'll coupon TotK because the trailers have looked sick and I can get... AW I guess?

Granted I still want to finish Metroid Prime first. TBH Fire Emblem can actually wait, specially since I heard the DLC side campaign is meh and has issues with the main game integration.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

I'd be tempted to get the vouchers to get TotK and another game at a 30€ discount, if I had finished BotW. And they weren't digital.

Costco has NIntendo eShop Gift Cards of $50 for $45.

Go buy two vouchers for $90, change your billing zip code to one that doesn't charge sales tax, and then get TotK and Pikmin 4. $45 per game total.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Astro7x posted:

Costco has NIntendo eShop Gift Cards of $50 for $45.

Go buy two vouchers for $90, change your billing zip code to one that doesn't charge sales tax, and then get TotK and Pikmin 4. $45 per game total.

I'd say my "not living in the USA" is a bigger problem than the sales tax :v: (unless as digital product I can cheat, cause then they'd be at 40~€, now that's tempting...

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
I’m too afraid of getting arrested for tax fraud to do that

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

I don't blame you after what they did to Yoshi

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Just picked up an OLED model. Wow. The screen is so much better. I can see myself using it in handheld mode way more often.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I loving LOVED the movie, holy poo poo.

Haters be crazy, that was great.

I sincerely hope we get subcon next but I doubt it'll happen. Make it weird, Nintendo...

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Advance Wars 1+2 Reboot Camp comes out in a week. Finally, a portable way to play Advance Wars.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wake up with the Kin-OH GOD WHAT IS THAT?!

Jose Oquendo posted:

Just picked up an OLED model. Wow. The screen is so much better. I can see myself using it in handheld mode way more often.

Enjoy! I really struggle to boot up my steam deck or PS5 every time I see that gorgeous oled staring back at me. Everything looks great on it but my god pixel games are just stunning.
The switch's massive library means I could be set on gaming devices for the rest of my natural life

(or actually until they crumble into dust and I'm forced to buy a new one)

E: gently caress man that was a lot of typos

KingSlime fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Apr 14, 2023

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I loving LOVED the movie, holy poo poo.

Haters be crazy, that was great.

I sincerely hope we get subcon next but I doubt it'll happen. Make it weird, Nintendo...

the sequel is gonna introduce yoshi, bowser jr, wario, and if we're lucky, koopalings

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Wario as a sequel hook makes too much sense, just like how the sonic folks went straight for knuckles in part 2

They're 100% casting Danny DeVito for Wario too or they are the world's biggest idiots

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
Looks like Nintendo is targeting content creators for modded and vanilla gameplay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSZYpDk9Xm8

That's a really terrible thing to do and I hope Nintendo fixes its behavior. :smith:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Here's how I see the next movie going:

Bowser is captured but his troops and resources weren't. In the power vacuum the koopalings each take troops and start trying to conquer other areas. Bowser plans to escape.

Peach searches for her family in the human world and finds out she has a sister, Daisy, who is a sports superstar in multiple sports. She has to decide where her true home is.

Mario and Luigi try to get Yoshi home but get sidetracked by encountering the Koopalings.

Toad has to run the mushroom Kingdom in the meantime and is not very good at it but his bad decisions end up saving the day multiple times by dumb confidence!

This poo poo really writes itself.

Potassium Problems
Sep 28, 2001

FlapYoJacks posted:

Looks like Nintendo is targeting content creators for modded and vanilla gameplay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSZYpDk9Xm8

That's a really terrible thing to do and I hope Nintendo fixes its behavior. :smith:

I hope nintendo continues its holy crusade to obliterate youtube thumbnail people

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

I'd definitely love to see Daisy and Captain Toad (well, Toad doing Captain Toad things) in the next one.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

How is Yoshis Crafted World?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

sponges posted:

How is Yoshis Crafted World?

Looks beautiful and is fun.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

Potassium Problems posted:

I hope nintendo continues its holy crusade to obliterate youtube thumbnail people

idk the dude in the video is literally paying coders out of his own pockets to mod multiplayer into BotW so i think he's using his clickbait powers for good

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Potassium Problems posted:

This.

John Lee
Mar 2, 2013

A time traveling adventure everyone can enjoy

Yeah, I'll go to bat for Nintendo for a dozen reasons, but their treatment of copyright and takedowns is legitimately lovely, and I don't really know why. I can understand being protective of a big character like Mario, but taking down videos of gameplay does nothing tangible but hurt.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

John Lee posted:

Yeah, I'll go to bat for Nintendo for a dozen reasons, but their treatment of copyright and takedowns is legitimately lovely, and I don't really know why. I can understand being protective of a big character like Mario, but taking down videos of gameplay does nothing tangible but hurt.

Exactly. Like... poo poo, unless it's specifically unreleased content, Nintendo should really just enjoy the free publicity. Yeah, someone modded a game... and? They're not posting a video on how to hack your switch or where to download games, so who gives a gently caress?

Nintendo, unfortunately.

KingSlime
Mar 20, 2007
Man the momentum took a bit to get going on octopath 2 but now that I'm working on chapter 2 for everyone, this game is getting addicting fast. Kinda feels like a modern up to date sequel for FFV but with lots of other influences.

Playing around with sub classes is a lot of fun, and the option to keep combat at 2x speed is great. The soundtrack is fantastic but that goes with the territory

My only gripe is that yeah chapter 1 was kind of slow and losing your slowly growing party before every "dungeon" or story bit felt awful. Either way it's to your benefit to wrap ch1 asap and explore as much as early as possible for loot and unlocking sub classes or other resources

KingSlime fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Apr 15, 2023

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

Exactly. Like... poo poo, unless it's specifically unreleased content, Nintendo should really just enjoy the free publicity. Yeah, someone modded a game... and? They're not posting a video on how to hack your switch or where to download games, so who gives a gently caress?

Nintendo, unfortunately.

For the TLDR people who don't want to watch the video:

- Nintendo blocked four videos of his (the aforementioned multiplayer Zelda mod videos.)
- When he appealed, Nintendo retaliated by sending two copyright strikes for his videos: 1 for a single video and 1 for 3 bundled videos. (3 strikes can get you a ban on Youtube.)
- Nintendo also issued blocks for 24 more videos, several of vanilla gameplay, including a simple challenge video.
- Nintendo refuses to respond to his inquiries as to why they decided to do this.
- He talked to a lawyer to ensure he is within the Nintendo guidelines of online content and image-sharing platforms.

Totally unacceptable lovely dickish behavior.

FlapYoJacks fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Apr 15, 2023

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Nintendo, unfortunately.

I mean the thing is that "they don't tell you where to download it" doesn't really change the fact it's explicitly content that can only be accessed by hacking your Switch or using an emulator, neither thing Nintendo wants to encourage for a variety of reasons.

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

I mean the thing is that "they don't tell you where to download it" doesn't really change the fact it's explicitly content that can only be accessed by hacking your Switch or using an emulator, neither thing Nintendo wants to encourage for a variety of reasons.

And the challenge videos featuring vanilla gameplay?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

FlapYoJacks posted:

And the challenge videos featuring vanilla gameplay?

Almost every video I've watched from the dude has been very bluntly playing on an emulator. I'm not going to victim blame (especially because a lot of youtubers use emulators for a variety of reasons) but if you're playing it on something that isn't the actual Switch hardware then it isn't vanilla.

(It also probably wouldn't be an issue if not for the one-two wammy of the hack and the new game coming out so Nintendo is trying to lock down poo poo before everyone starts looking for TotK videos.)

Edit: Also I will say that it is a generally bad idea to make it known you are paying people to hack a game for you, even if it is for entirely innocent reasons.

Edit 2: And obviously this isn't to say that it doesn't suck fans can make a game better and get punished for it but that is why modding is best kept to a hobby and not something tied to a source of income.

ImpAtom fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Apr 15, 2023

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
The fact that Nintendo gets any say in this content whatsoever is a deep failure of the law and economy so idk if anyone needs to be like "well that's what you get you know the lovely way it goes."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Khanstant posted:

The fact that Nintendo gets any say in this content whatsoever is a deep failure of the law and economy so idk if anyone needs to be like "well that's what you get you know the lovely way it goes."

I mean yes, it is unarguably lovely, but it is also the world that exists and acting shocked and surprised every time companies pull copyright strikes is kind of silly.

I also admit it's a lot easier for me to feel bad for people who get copyright strikes for entirely harmless things like AM2R versus "Youtube Content Creator Paying People To Hack Game" which is asking for trouble.