Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Endorph posted:

also yeah pyro is probably the worst non-geo element now which is a funny turnaround from the perception around early 2.x. Even before dendro came out people massively underrated taser teams.

I'm so curious what they're going to do with Geo - or whether they do anything at all. And as for Pyro, I wonder if Fontaine's water focus will affect things at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

I have an idea. They should make a geo character...and have them scale off defense! Maybe even a geo claymore carry.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Leraika posted:

Who are speculators recommending to run with Baizhu? I don't follow the meta or anything but I do want to get good use out of him.

baizhu can basically be used anywhere yaoyao is used currently. nilou teams, alhaitham teams, keqing teams, etc.

if you want to run him as the onfield driver you can use him as an onfielder in something like baizhu/off-field electro built for raw EM/off-field hydro/off-field hydro. you can run baizhu on ocean-hued and just build him raw HP and get some extra damage that way and run deepwood on one of the hydros.

the dream build would probably be baizhu/raiden/yelan/xingqiu, but the budget build would probably be baizhu/kuki/xingqiu/candace. if candace is c6 that budget build works way better. mona or burstbot ayato work too. kuki is a bit overkill healing wise but even if she didnt heal at all shed still be the best option and since ehr skill does damage to herself having a second healer is convenient, lol, even if not necessary at all. with baizhu, kuki, and xingqiu all in the same team you're basically unkillable which is funny. his attacks have less aoe/range so this isnt as good as nahida driving hyperbloom but it should still be fine.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Apr 14, 2023

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Welp, my first 5* C6 is officially batman, who I have literally never used and only leveled up to get freefates. This sucks, would infinitely rather have gotten Jean's last constellation or ANY other standard 5* (even Dehya).

At least he dropped like 12 pulls after C1 Nahida, so I can either go for her C2 or save the guarantee for Baizhu.

Tampa Bae
Aug 23, 2021

Please, this is all I have
How much money have you spent that you're maxing out multiple 5* characters

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Tampa Bae posted:

How much money have you spent that you're maxing out multiple 5* characters

I have two c6 standard 5 stars as a day 1 player and only used welkin. You average like 70 draws a patch via that patch's content.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Hellioning posted:

I have an idea. They should make a geo character...and have them scale off defense! Maybe even a geo claymore carry.

Geo bow DPS who works like a ranged Heizou and just throws enormous rocks at enemies

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Tae posted:

I have two c6 standard 5 stars as a day 1 player and only used welkin. You average like 70 draws a patch via that patch's content.
That's some extreme odd luck. I have 17 standard five star characters/constellations after 2 spending two years of welkin and bp only on character banners, and one of those is a Tighnari who I rolled as a rate up. (I have rolled on weapon banners but I spent roughly as many wishes as the first time top-up bonuses I've bought).

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

I've gotten 36* with Ayato/Fischl/Yae/Zhongli on one side since Ayato's release, so actually all of Dendro, Kazuha, and Pyro are completely superfluous.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Hellioning posted:

Daring. I think they should make a geo catalyst user who is animation locked and can't move on cast or animation cancel. You know, to really reinforce that "playable rock" feeling.

Real Cool Catfish
Jun 6, 2011

DancingShade posted:

Daring. I think they should make a geo catalyst user who is animation locked and can't move on cast or animation cancel. You know, to really reinforce that "playable rock" feeling.

Ninguang was one of the first non default characters I got, I still think she’s cool. 🥹

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Real Cool Catfish posted:

Ninguang was one of the first non default characters I got, I still think she’s cool. 🥹

Ningguang was my first C6 and will always have a soft spot in my heart for me.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Maxwells Demon posted:

Ningguang was my first C6 and will always have a soft spot in my heart for me.

Me too. First character I really built as a main dps.

Descar
Apr 19, 2010
Poor PS4 players are gonna cry with the new gadget Sorush in the new desert area, it has a loading screen when you exit it lol

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face

Xalidur posted:

I've gotten 36* with Ayato/Fischl/Yae/Zhongli on one side since Ayato's release, so actually all of Dendro, Kazuha, and Pyro are completely superfluous.

Look I understand the sentiment, but in this team you could replace Ayayo with DMC and get around 20-30% higher dps. Dendro being superfluous because you can replace the beginner dendro unit everyone has, with a limited time premium unit that costs a couple month's worth of f2p primo income, to get a marginally less effective team... it's definitely one of the takes of all time.

Edit: keeping it as Ayayo :kimchi:

Lobsterpillar
Feb 4, 2014

Descar posted:

Poor PS4 players are gonna cry with the new gadget Sorush in the new desert area, it has a loading screen when you exit it lol

I play on mobile, and if you fly back to your characters original position you can minimise loading times to very little. If you hit the return button when still 50-100m away then it takes a lot longer.
Similar to if you teleport to a teleport waypoint that's actually very close to you for some reason (eg you fell down a cliff).

MadHat
Mar 31, 2011

Lobsterpillar posted:

I play on mobile, and if you fly back to your characters original position you can minimise loading times to very little. If you hit the return button when still 50-100m away then it takes a lot longer.
Similar to if you teleport to a teleport waypoint that's actually very close to you for some reason (eg you fell down a cliff).

Memory thing I imagine, if your destination is close enough to your staring point the game is not having to load new chunks of the game world.

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

MoonCrab posted:

Look I understand the sentiment, but in this team you could replace Ayayo with DMC and get around 20-30% higher dps. Dendro being superfluous because you can replace the beginner dendro unit everyone has, with a limited time premium unit that costs a couple month's worth of f2p primo income, to get a marginally less effective team... it's definitely one of the takes of all time.

Edit: keeping it as Ayayo :kimchi:

DMC is annoying to play and Ayato is chill as heck, advantage Ayato.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

silvergoose posted:

Me too. First character I really built as a main dps.

me three

She was my first non-Traveler DPS and the first character I took to 90

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Xalidur posted:

DMC is annoying to play and Ayato is chill as heck, advantage Ayato.
is dmc really annoying? you press e, you press q, done.

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

Endorph posted:

is dmc really annoying? you press e, you press q, done.

You have to aim and use abilities in the right order and care about ER and particles and stuff instead of just passively killing everything by pressing your skills.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Xalidur posted:

You have to aim and use abilities in the right order and care about ER and particles and stuff instead of just passively killing everything by pressing your skills.

And sometimes if you're not standing on perfectly even terrain they whiff even when you've properly aimed.

Xalidur
Jun 4, 2012

Coolness Averted posted:

And sometimes if you're not standing on perfectly even terrain they whiff even when you've properly aimed.

That happened to me one time and then I never used Dendro Traveler again.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Dmc's got enough annoying stuff in their kit that I'd probably pull for a 5 star version of them. But like, they're fine. Just gotta accept that their damage is an impossible dream and build for ER.

You can also use Collei, who is, equally pretty good.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR
I'm pretty sure all the Traveler elements are intended to be worse and/or more annoying versions of the archon's kit, so the 5* DMC is just Nahida.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dendro MC is honestly pretty good even still. like they'd never get used over nahida but they can be used if your second team also needs dendro or if you want two off field dendro appliers or something. yaoyao's diminished that role a bit for them but

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

its definitely a much better comparison than electro traver to raiden

haypliss
Oct 2, 2022
They seem less annoying to use than Collei but this is from very low playtime on both.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:
Anemo: Burst is similar?
Geo: Traveler skill is a combination of zhongli pillar (climbable) and meteor (lands on things and yellow numbers happen)
Electro: Traveler burst works like raiden skill (I think it's a followup attack, at least. God knows I haven't actually used that in ages)
Dendro: Traveler burst is affected by elements, like nahida burst (but in a more annoying but more obviously beneficial way)

They're all shadows, which I suppose makes sense since you're getting them from statues of said gods.

I hope tsarita has some real cool powers we can steal.

e. aside from how nice and big her burst gets with water, I'd sooner use collei over dendro traveler. Way more pleasant.

Kale
May 14, 2010

This abyss cycle really is just like flat out bad design in all honesty. Like I can't even believe I made it through that bubbles and freezing fest Floor 11 Chamber 2 with 3 stars this time around tedious as it was, but like anything after that is just tedious bosses that spend a long time not being able to hit them so like I feel like that's not even really my fault and just whatever. If there was some way to actually hit them in certain states I could do it, but because there isn't I can't really and I'm not about to worry about it all that much. It's still garbage design though. :shrug:

Kale fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Apr 14, 2023

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Zenostein posted:

Anemo: Burst is similar?=
anemo traveler's skill is also like a tiny handheld version of venti's burst

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Zenostein posted:

Electro: Traveler burst works like raiden skill (I think it's a followup attack, at least. God knows I haven't actually used that in ages)
Electro MC also generates a bunch of teamwide energy; it just turns out that a character that only does that and not much else isn't particularly in high demand. Raiden couples her energy generation with a couple other nice properties, including potentially high personal damage.

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

MadHat posted:

Memory thing I imagine, if your destination is close enough to your staring point the game is not having to load new chunks of the game world.

I hate how long it takes to load a domain dungeon in this game on PS4. It’s like come on, I just played it, I didn’t even leave, you shouldnt have to load anything at all.

Maxwell Adams
Oct 21, 2000

T E E F S
DMC is good because they're compatible with anemo units. You can go into the current combat event with Kazuha/DMC/Kuki/XQ and crush every chamber.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
Floor 12 isn't all that bad when you use meta teams huh? The Wenut is still annoying if I hyperbloom that side though. I only got 8 stars and can't be assed to go for 9.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

What's a we nut

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
All the Traveler talk has me thinking about what future versions of them is going to look like. Up until now, every version except Electro has probably gotten some playtime from most players for various reasons:

Ameno: most likely first and only Ameno character for new players
Geo: practically required for puzzle solving for Liyue overworld unless you have certain other Geo characters
Dendro: probable first Dendro character for most players, also one of the few Dendro characters in the game currently

I think why most people never bothered with EMC is because not only are they a worse version of Raiden, by the time you get to Inazuma, you probably already have a decent Electro character you're using already and have no reason to switch to a crappy Traveler. What I'm curious about is how Hoyo is going to approach the remaining versions going forward; obviously Traveler is never going to be better than a good Hydro/Pyro/Cryo character, but I also don't think Hoyo wants another EMC situation when you don't even bother if you can help it

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

itll be really had to make a hydro character bad tbh

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

They'll totally give the MC forgettable power sets for the other elements. It's sad though, I liked running around with DMC during early Sumeru (then I got Nahida and never looked back)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
hydro traveler gonna wear the f.l.u.d.d. from super mario sunshine