Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bar Ran Dun
Jan 22, 2006

Charlz Guybon posted:

Ron needs to respond with a Don impersonator cramming his face with McDonalds.
https://twitter.com/MikeSington/status/1646853085124530178

That wouldn’t be even near equivalent. Visually this is jamming three fingers into human excrement and shoveling it into a maw.

I did not think i could be surprised like this by an ad anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

Charlz Guybon posted:

https://twitter.com/MikeSington/status/1646853085124530178

This is great.

I want "pudding hands DeSantis" to be a thing, not only to get away from the Meatball thing (for obvious reasons), but because the image of a grown man eating pudding with his hands tends to stick in someone's mind and makes you think of a toddler in a hi-chair, and not qualified for political office.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
None of these dweebs can respond to Donnie poo poo slinging on his level. Puddin hands, meet Lyin Ted and Little Marco.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Charlz Guybon posted:

The gently caress makes you think that wouldn't be a plus to his voters?

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It should be Trump dipping his well done steak in ketchup.

Star Man
Jun 1, 2008

There's a star maaaaaan
Over the rainbow

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Gray Ghost
Jan 1, 2003

When crime haunts the night, a silent crusader carries the torch of justice.

Meatball posted:

This is great.

I want "pudding hands DeSantis" to be a thing, not only to get away from the Meatball thing (for obvious reasons), but because the image of a grown man eating pudding with his hands tends to stick in someone's mind and makes you think of a toddler in a hi-chair, and not qualified for political office.

“Gov. Puddin’ Hands” rings better IMO.

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010

Charlz Guybon posted:

I hope these are just copy-pastes from #Resistance Twitter or something, because thinking that people are going to be repulsed by photos of a guy eating Big Macs or overcooked steak feels very ivory tower liberal. A lot of people eat Big Macs and overcooked steak, it's normal and accepted in a way that eating pudding with your hands definitely fuckin ain't.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Main Paineframe posted:

I hope these are just copy-pastes from #Resistance Twitter or something, because thinking that people are going to be repulsed by photos of a guy eating Big Macs or overcooked steak feels very ivory tower liberal. A lot of people eat Big Macs and overcooked steak, it's normal and accepted in a way that eating pudding with your hands definitely fuckin ain't.

Yeah, there's a visceral "ick" factor to fingerfucking a chocolate pudding cup that a fat white guy eating McDonald's is never going to be able to compare to, no matter how gross they try to make it.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

Everybody has known about the well done steak and ketchup thing for years. If it didn't disgust people then (and it should have), it's not going to work now.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

gotta love how conservatives consider GRILLIN and MEAT to be such a part of their identity they go into a white hot rage at the idea of liberals taking it away, but they are unbothered by someone fuckin' it up real bad

someone should tell them overdone ketchup steak is woke or something.

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Eric Cantonese posted:

Everybody has known about the well done steak and ketchup thing for years. If it didn't disgust people then (and it should have), it's not going to work now.

I'm mostly just poking fun at a bizarre intricacy of Trump's dining habits. I don't seriously believe anyone would be turned off by it, but it's funny to think of the DeSantis team trying.

In truth, though, DeSantis won't do anything of the sort because no one can match Trump in pure petty bullying.

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost
Making fun of Trump for having low class tastes was probably not very productive, yeah. Most Americans aren’t as snooty about those things as SA Goons or New York Times subscribers.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

I just thought goons were funnier, that's what upsets me

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

silence_kit posted:

Making fun of Trump for having low class tastes was probably not very productive, yeah. Most Americans aren’t as snooty about those things as SA Goons or New York Times subscribers.
That's the beauty of Trump and DeSantis attacking each other; I don't want either side to look good and "winning" only brings them looking incredibly awful to a majority of the voting population in the general.

Let them claw each other into oblivion with increasingly vile attacks.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I wonder how becoming the (even more) official trump burg would affect McDonald’s profits. Remember the « we love homophobia » lines round the chik fil a’s?

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
just air an ad of nothing but trump calmly talking to people of color while some innocuous 90's rap plays quietly

Mizaq
Sep 12, 2001

Monkey Magic
Toilet Rascal

What the gently caress is this poo poo? My grandpa ate well-done steak with ketchup. I did for my childhood as well. I bet lots of Gen X with grandparents that grew up during the depression or as farmers also did. He was very cautious of food-borne illnesses in undercooked meat. I don’t think attacking Trump on his eating steak or McDonalds is going to get any traction, plus it makes you look like some elite rear end in a top hat punching down.

Edit: upon further consideration elite rear end in a top hat DeSantis might try this angle

Mizaq fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Apr 14, 2023

World Famous W
May 25, 2007

BAAAAAAAAAAAA
imagine still judging* someone for eating fast food

*(for non environmental or ethical concerns)

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Libs were very good at allowing their objections to Trump to be framed purely as elitism despite Trump being the most privileged lil dandy bitch on the planet who literally got his butler to drive him around in a limo on his childhood paper route. I mean, Trump would have obviously complained about the "liberal elites" persecuting him regardless because he's a grievance golem, but drat it sure was easy for him

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Don't think that this was posted yet. Missouri is going outside of its own legislature to ban trans care for everyone, including adults. Yet another reminder that it was never actually about the kids or sports or any other bullshit excuse of theirs.

https://twitter.com/ErinInTheMorn/status/1646579015719813139?s=20

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Mizaq posted:

What the gently caress is this poo poo? My grandpa ate well-done steak with ketchup. I did for my childhood as well. I bet lots of Gen X with grandparents that grew up during the depression or as farmers also did. He was very cautious of food-borne illnesses in undercooked meat. I don’t think attacking Trump on his eating steak or McDonalds is going to get any traction, plus it makes you look like some elite rear end in a top hat punching down.

Edit: upon further consideration elite rear end in a top hat DeSantis might try this angle

Yeah, in hindsight, it was a very ill-thought-out comment on my part. I genuinely don't care how people choose to eat their steak, and I still eat my fair share of fast food myself. I think what I was more going for was the idea of the DeSantis team trying to go tit-for-tat with Trump and failing miserably, but obviously my attempt to so that was an incredibly poor one.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

Queering Wheel posted:

Don't think that this was posted yet. Missouri is going outside of its own legislature to ban trans care for everyone, including adults. Yet another reminder that it was never actually about the kids or sports or any other bullshit excuse of theirs.

https://twitter.com/ErinInTheMorn/status/1646579015719813139?s=20
Why can’t politicians do this for cool poo poo? 😔

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan

Automata 10 Pack posted:

it does seem odd that destroying lives takes a stroke of a pen but making lives better requires 7 months of study, compromise, 6 months of legal battles, compromise, seventeen emergency stays, compromise, 3 shootings, compromise...

Vorenus
Jul 14, 2013
Surely the people who supported Trump despite his infidelity, sexual assault claims, creepy comments about his own daughter, creepy comments against women, and otherwise repugnant personality will turn against him in droves over his eating habits.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Automata 10 Pack posted:

Because it doesn't actually cost them anything.

A lot of "cool poo poo" requires systems to be built in order to function. You talk about the housing/student loan/whatever crisis, you need to find the money/distribution methods to support it. You give Trans people access to healthcare and those on medicaid will need to have it paid for by the state. You say that you want to divert funds into social work and the question of whose funds and how much comes up.

But just saying "Trans care is now illegal"? Well, your job is done. Everything past that is "personal responsibility". It's the same with abortion: regressives *love* to be against abortion because they don't have to shoulder any of the burden of their decision.

And it shouldn't be surprising that if the cost to Trans people includes their deaths then the Republicans consider that a positive.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Vorenus posted:

Surely the people who supported Trump despite his infidelity, sexual assault claims, creepy comments about his own daughter, creepy comments against women, and otherwise repugnant personality will turn against him in droves over his eating habits.

I mean, I don't think those people were gonna vote Ron till they saw him eat pudding with his fingers either.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Voting in Florida is going to require dipping your thumb in pudding and leaving a fingerprint in the appropriate TRUMP or RONDA box

Baronash
Feb 29, 2012

So what do you want to be called?

Mizaq posted:

Who cares about the McDonalds, but joking about folks who order steak well done has been going on for longer than either of us has been alive. That's the whole point: It's a joke. It's funny that a guy worth a billion dollars goes to a restaurant and asks them to ruin a steak that costs more than I spend on food in a month. Let's not recast ribeyes and porterhouses as the food of the people just so we can make some wild "elitist" argument.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Failed Imagineer posted:

Libs were very good at allowing their objections to Trump to be framed purely as elitism despite Trump being the most privileged lil dandy bitch on the planet who literally got his butler to drive him around in a limo on his childhood paper route. I mean, Trump would have obviously complained about the "liberal elites" persecuting him regardless because he's a grievance golem, but drat it sure was easy for him

Trump is extremely good at pissing off liberals in exactly the most pointless and petty ways that make them look like snobby elitist freaks clutching their pearls over pointless bullshit and ignoring material concerns. It was super effective against Hillary in particular for a number of reasons.

Baronash posted:

Who cares about the McDonalds, but joking about folks who order steak well done has been going on for longer than either of us has been alive. That's the whole point: It's a joke. It's funny that a guy worth a billion dollars goes to a restaurant and asks them to ruin a steak that costs more than I spend on food in a month. Let's not recast ribeyes and porterhouses as the food of the people just so we can make some wild "elitist" argument.

The least funny people on the planet ran it into the ground over half a decade ago now. Of all the things to mock Trump for this is among the worst possible choices.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

InsertPotPun posted:

it does seem odd that destroying lives takes a stroke of a pen but making lives better requires 7 months of study, compromise, 6 months of legal battles, compromise, seventeen emergency stays, compromise, 3 shootings, compromise...

It does seem odd that destroying a building takes 30 seconds but building it can take years, unless you want it to immediately fall over.

Angry_Ed fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Apr 14, 2023

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Failed Imagineer posted:

Libs were very good at allowing

Yeah, it’s amazing to me how libs are always to blame for the actions of others.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!

InsertPotPun posted:

Republicans say almost exactly the same thing about Obamacare. Some things are just harder than other things.

And there are plenty of states passing legislation to protect trans rights, there's just no twitter clout in it. Here's the same account tweeting that Michigan made gender identity a protected class with a tenth as much engagement.

https://twitter.com/ErinInTheMorn/status/1631107879284494336

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Trump is extremely good at pissing off liberals in exactly the most pointless and petty ways that make them look like snobby elitist freaks clutching their pearls over pointless bullshit and ignoring material concerns. It was super effective against Hillary in particular for a number of reasons.

The least funny people on the planet ran it into the ground over half a decade ago now. Of all the things to mock Trump for this is among the worst possible choices.
iunno, I feel like the tiny hands or his weight are probably worse things to mock him for. It's not like the former he chose, and the latter is kind of poor taste. Both end up being occasionally funny to point out purely because he goes out of the way to try to hide them, lie about, or it fucks with his pride.

Like nothing you can mock him for really matters at the end of the day. You're not going to mock people out of liking him because those people are contrarian, and the flipside of "pearl clutching liberals" are people who follow Trump in very "to own the libs ways" Like yeah, you wanna make me mad by overcooking your steak? go for it bucko

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Look when I go to the Waffle House at 3am, I expect steak perfection.

ZZT the Fifth
Dec 6, 2006
I shot the invisible swordsman.
Before the steak derail ends, I wanted to say something: after the whole "well done steak with ketchup" thing became A Thing, I've been wanteing to see a King of the Hill episode where Hank is forced to grapple with being being called "woke" by neighborhood jackasses for preferring to cook steak medium rare.

Unfortunately, if Judge is involved in a revival we wouldn't get anything like that and would probably get tracts about "woke social justice warriors". :sigh:

Kalit
Nov 6, 2006

The great thing about the thousands of slaughtered Palestinian children is that they can't pull away when you fondle them or sniff their hair.

That's a Biden success story.

Automata 10 Pack posted:

Here are politicians from my state doing some cool poo poo:
https://twitter.com/JacobWNewton/status/1633972364915376129
https://twitter.com/MNHouseInfo/status/1639210462456999938

Kalit fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Apr 14, 2023

Republicans
Oct 14, 2003

- More money for us

- Fuck you

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Before the steak derail ends, I wanted to say something: after the whole "well done steak with ketchup" thing became A Thing, I've been wanteing to see a King of the Hill episode where Hank is forced to grapple with being being called "woke" by neighborhood jackasses for preferring to cook steak medium rare.

Unfortunately, if Judge is involved in a revival we wouldn't get anything like that and would probably get tracts about "woke social justice warriors". :sigh:

I always thought it was funny that on his failed show The Goode Family (King of the Hill with Mr. Van Driessen instead of Mr. Anderson) the libtard MC and his wife were well-liked and respected members of the community while the conservative grandpa and daughter were just whiny assholes.

Morrow
Oct 31, 2010
You can mock him for his bad spray tan or hair transplant. Those are choices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
Has Mike Judge been vocal about "woke" stuff? In the past, he seems to have gone out of his way to avoid saying anything particularly partisan. Liberals and conservatives can both pick bits of his stuff that suits their views and I'm sure he'd love to keep it that way.