Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

welcome posted:

I'm at the combination pizza tower hollow knight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

welcome posted:

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

i keep hearing stuff that makes me want to play stranger of paradise so i think i'll grab that after i finish up one or more other things. i played the demo on base ps4 where the performance mode was like 800x600 and it was still pretty good

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

welcome posted:

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

Nutmeg posted:

gonna play this after i finish ishin and the blood user made map pack. really excited to finish the series and see how it all ends

its so sick, i'm only a few missions in but i'm definitely hooked. don't let the timer scare you because you get more then enough time/little tricks and doodads to do everything

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Lightning Returns is my Final Fantasy GOAT

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

more SaGa music is in. Largely frontier 1&2 but also a Unlimited and Scarlet Grace track ftw

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

In Training posted:

Pokemon stadium got added to N64 library

In Training posted:

more SaGa music is in. Largely frontier 1&2 but also a Unlimited and Scarlet Grace track ftw

lol at these back to back in separate threads.

Arch Nemesis
Mar 27, 2007

getting excited to go and tell your friends about the new Nintendo games ftw honestly

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Arch Nemesis posted:

getting excited to go and tell your friends about the new Nintendo games ftw honestly

Yup. Seeing download notifications for Theathrythm and the NSO libraries

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

b_d posted:

i keep hearing stuff that makes me want to play stranger of paradise so i think i'll grab that after i finish up one or more other things. i played the demo on base ps4 where the performance mode was like 800x600 and it was still pretty good

its good

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

you can parry tonberry stabs in sop, it's sick.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
Funny cuz its got me sopping wet hearing you say that

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

Hizke posted:

lmfao

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

Hizke posted:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Hizke posted:

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

Hizke posted:

Lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Hizke posted:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

this smt style world in FFLegend 1 sucks rear end. Hate this gimmick of having to run from an invincible enemy every like 10 steps, especially in a game thst has a lot of overworld exploration anyway.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

In Training posted:

this smt style world in FFLegend 1 sucks rear end. Hate this gimmick of having to run from an invincible enemy every like 10 steps, especially in a game thst has a lot of overworld exploration anyway.

I haven't played in ages but yeah I remember that part being annoying and hard to follow even by badly translated game boy story standards.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
If you have SAW or any monsters with SAW it kills Su Zaku in one hit. Pretty sure he keeps coming back though.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I eventually slugged through it all, the skyscraper final dungeon was rough and I rolled into suzaku with all 4 party members below 100 health and managed to pull off a win. Pretty beastly and was satisfying enough to make it all worth it. Onward!

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

I just found out that there are two official Final Fantasy novelizations, one is a short story collection for FFXIII, a prequel that apparently establishes a lot of lore and character motivation for the game (a review said it was similar to the FFXV movie), the other is a novelization of FFI-III. Has anyone read this? I suspect it's not good, but I don't care. It looks cool. The pics indicate there's maps and artwork in them as well.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1975382390
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/1975382404

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

There was also FFX sequel novel where Tidus died kicking a mine he thought was a blitzball.

We Got Us A Bread
Jul 23, 2007

super sweet best pal posted:

There was also FFX sequel novel where Tidus died kicking a mine he thought was a blitzball.

And he and Yuna break up because reasons, and also Sin is back! For no particular reason!

There's also one for FF15, which is mostly the stuff that was supposed to be in the canceled DLC's.

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urZukvTwvfQ

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I reached the final boss in Legend of FF and don't think I can do enough damage with my team to ever beat it lol. Cool. Even the end game monsters do 0 - 30 damage and I have two, so I may just be mathemtically eliminated unless I grind up two more humans to 99 and buy them weapons.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut
How many and what monsters you got? Pretty sure you want the slimes.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

welcome posted:

How many and what monsters you got? Pretty sure you want the slimes.

I've got a lilith and a tiamat. do slimes have heal moves? I guess if I had someone who could keep the human+mutant alive I could make it maybe.

welcome
Jun 28, 2002

rail slut

In Training posted:

I've got a lilith and a tiamat. do slimes have heal moves? I guess if I had someone who could keep the human+mutant alive I could make it maybe.

No heal moves but Melt does a huge amount a damage. Might take some luck, sometimes he just spams the hurt everybody move every round and there's nothing you can do.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

welcome posted:

No heal moves but Melt does a huge amount a damage. Might take some luck, sometimes he just spams the hurt everybody move every round and there's nothing you can do.

word, guess I'll learn how monster evolution actually works to see if I can make some slimes.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

doesn't his head fly over and land in front of yuna

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010
Simply kill the final boss of FF legend 1 using the chain saw

----------------

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Thank god I had a Door item left bc there's no other way to leave the final boss arena and you could permanently lose your save file right there lol. SaGa ftw.

Hizke
Feb 14, 2010

In Training posted:

Thank god I had a Door item left bc there's no other way to leave the final boss arena and you could permanently lose your save file right there lol. SaGa ftw.

Lmfao ftw

----------------

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Lol

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

In Training posted:

god bless

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

In Training posted:

lmfao SaGa rules

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I consulted Game FAQs and now have two Hi-Slimes. Let's do this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

even with that my human and mutant died and each slime had one melt left before the final blow...pretty sick. I bet 4 monsters would be a fun way to play this game, im glad I tried a varied party to see all the mechanics. 4 humans would also just smoke most of the game once you got to like the 3rd world and everyone was 99/99 str/agi.

I think world 4 really makes it hard to recommend this game, that whole section blows big time. not just the unbeatable enemy gimmick in the overworld, something about the balance in that whole section + the tower after it, its like out of whack, everything suddenly gets strong enough that the resources for dealing with random battles arent worth using. or maybe i was just loving up somehow idk. but i got through it and the final dungeon was really cool, fun game. I'll check out legend 2 and 3 at some point but putting all new gaming on hold in preparation for Zelda Summer. need to focus my attention