Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Sashimi posted:

Finnish Penn Jillette somehow manages to be worse than the original.

I read recently that Penn Jillette wised the gently caress up in recent years. Nice to have some good news in an often depressing thread!

poor waif
Apr 8, 2007
Kaboom

zone posted:

Isn't it funny how freaks like this always pivot to whataboutism? Yes, we loving get it, America Bad, but that doesn't mean Russia is that great either, just ask the Chechens and Georgians how getting on Russia's bad side worked out for them

It's surprising that an orthodox communist Russian nationalist and anti-imperialist isn't capable of seeing nuance, those beliefs should contradict themselves at some point.

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH

Sashimi posted:

Finnish Penn Jillette somehow manages to be worse than the original.

Please, his name is Q-Ano

Uberskooper
Apr 30, 2007
Skoops up goood

Christ now I know what he reminds me of.

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

Storkrasch posted:

It's surprising that an orthodox communist Russian nationalist and anti-imperialist isn't capable of seeing nuance, those beliefs should contradict themselves at some point.

How could you possibly misconstrue the notion of Moscow as the legitimate successor to the Roman empire as being imperialist?

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Dwesa posted:

that leaker is an idiot and not a whistleblower, whistleblower is someone who reveals some wrongdoing. it's like someone looked at other idiots that post their crimes on social media to score internet points and are later arrested and said "hold my beer"

anyway, I think the worst thing that was so far revealed was that US also spies on UA leadership (after Snowden, that probably surprises no one)

A whistleblower would also do some due diligence to ensure that irrelevant information or stuff that can get people killed doesn't get released, by, for example, asking some legitimate journalists to review it. Instead of, you know, dumping everything on your racist discord. What a clow he is as are his stans.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Using a stiletto as the tip of the spear appears to be an unsustainable combat choice. :blyat: :negative:

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Are you an actual Russian citizen or are they just sending mobilization orders to anyone with accounts on Russian email services now?

I'm a Russian citizen. Putin poo poo pilled me and now I'm gonna get out of my gamer basement and report to a mobilization station to fight for the glory of tsarist Russia

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
:ughh:

https://twitter.com/AricToler/status/1646896880163454977

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Don't sully the good name of Mr. Claire like that

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

The guys own Discord lackeys said he definitely isn't a whistleblower, they don't like whistleblowers 'round them parts.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
https://twitter.com/WarThunder/status/1645727948949934082?s=20

DiomedesGodshill
Feb 21, 2009

:discourse:

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH
Wait, what?

zone
Dec 6, 2016

It's referring to when the leaked documents from that discord server also ended up on a minecraft server or forum, don't remember exactly which

Catpain Slack
Apr 1, 2014

BAAAAAAH

zone posted:

It's referring to when the leaked documents from that discord server also ended up on a minecraft server or forum, don't remember exactly which

Oh, lmao

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1646861890159624194
"We need a more palatable idea for our soldiers to fight for, not just pillaging, plundering, and murdering the population of Ukraine, turns out it doesn't help with the morale of the poor buggers in the trenches, can someone in charge please come up with one that appeals to a broader set of folks, thanks."
Beside this, it's at least a sober understanding of all the institutional problems the Russian army has, too bad that the vested interests in charge absolutely don't care to improve any of this, because where would they be if they did?

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

but who will fill the critical "throwing hatchets while backflipping" role??

zone posted:

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1646861890159624194
"We need a more palatable idea for our soldiers to fight for, not just pillaging, plundering, and murdering the population of Ukraine, turns out it doesn't help with the morale of the poor buggers in the trenches, can someone in charge please come up with one that appeals to a broader set of folks, thanks."
Beside this, it's at least a sober understanding of all the institutional problems the Russian army has, too bad that the vested interests in charge absolutely don't care to improve any of this, because where would they be if they did?

quote:

[Ukrainians] have everything primitive and ingeniously simple - you are the aggressors, we are fighting for our lands.

absolutely lmao. yeah those perfidious ukrainians really pulled off a propaganda coup by *checks notes* accurately summarizing what is happening. unfair to us

Burns
May 10, 2008

But what about all of those ukronazis??

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Burns posted:

But what about all of those ukronazis??

I hope they get punched just like the russonaz

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

I'M A BIG DORK WHO POSTS TOO MUCH ABOUT CONVENTIONS LOOK AT THIS

TOVA TOVA TOVA

PinheadSlim posted:

The guys own Discord lackeys said he definitely isn't a whistleblower, they don't like whistleblowers 'round them parts.
Yeah it was really nice of that guy and his followers to make it 100% clear that they are completely unsympathetic figures and to demonstrate JUST how loving vile anyone defending him and his actions is

"Due to my strong personal convictions, I wish to stress that these actions in no way embrace a belief in making the world a better place" -Michael Texeiera

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/wartranslated/status/1646822786642460673
Another Prigozhin vs Girkin slapfight going on over the affair of Girkin being put on notice.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
imagine if girkie and priggy kissed

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
I am envisioning an Animorphs transition between those two faces

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Pajser posted:

yeah but those were rich robber barons calling each other names on print and not having any real consequence on the war itself, low stakes but somewhat high reward,

whereas today it's dudes making a bit more than minimum wage, trolling each other on forums dedicated to video game discussions and getting SO MAD they leak some serious documents truly changing course on events on the other side of the planet.

really high stakes and extremely low reward. It's honestly very scary.
That's a very good point.

Hearst was all "You give me the pictures, I give you the war" but he was the very rich plutocrat using his platform to get everyone all riled up to, again, make more money. So he would be Musk in this analogy.

I guess the historical example of a "Just a Guy" doing the spying, Julius and Ethel Rosenberg would be the closest in that they were privy to very important classified information (about the Manhattan Project and the building of a nuclear bomb) and passed it to the USSR. However, they weren't caught because they were going to their Communist Party USA meetings and handing out pamphlets of "Yo check this poo poo! The US is making a bigass loving bomb! Here's the deets!!!1"

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

Dwesa posted:

that leaker is an idiot and not a whistleblower, whistleblower is someone who reveals some wrongdoing. it's like someone looked at other idiots that post their crimes on social media to score internet points and are later arrested and said "hold my beer"

anyway, I think the worst thing that was so far revealed was that US also spies on UA leadership (after Snowden, that probably surprises no one)

One of those open secrets that everyone likes to ignore until it gets revealed is that everyone spies on everyone else.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://twitter.com/Flash_news_ua/status/1646822244134400000
And this is just what the bare estimate of the carnage in Mariupol amounts to. The true toll is almost certainly far worse.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Nelson Mandingo posted:

https://twitter.com/RepMTG/status/1646615867285708802?cxt=HHwWhICxsYea-tktAAAA
Honestly I'm shocked at the absolute restraint the jews have with the space laser at this point.

Philonius posted:

It's just wild how she is consistently the worst on every single issue. Just by random chance you'd think she'd occasionally say something that wasn't outrageously disgusting, but she's been batting 1000 ever since she crawled into the public space.

Crab Dad posted:

It’s almost like it’s projection every time but she probably has opposital defiance disorder.

It's probably simpler than that. She is just really loving good at what she does.

It is simply the case that there are a lot of really stupid people who, because of their stupidity, hold really dumb and oversimplified opinions on important subjects. This is because their stupidity prevents them from grasping nuance and complexity, which also is the reason that nuance and complexity is terribly confusing and frightening to these people. Therefore, these people will vote for the dumbest vilest poo poo, if only it is very simplified to play into their stupid vile opinions, as this causes them the least mental anguish from having to take in new information. The best part is that this demographic can be kept stupid and vile by playing into their desires, by jerking them off, as it were. And man, this is a game that Marjorie has down tyte.

tiaz
Jul 1, 2004

PICK UP THAT PRESENT.

Zelensky's Zealots

Taerkar posted:

One of those open secrets that everyone likes to ignore until it gets revealed is that everyone spies on everyone else.

And this wasn't even particularly salacious! At least the stuff I saw was an analysis of air defenses' installation and effectiveness. That's eminently reasonable for anyone to do.
Hopefully it didn't burn any Sources And Methods™.

zone posted:

https://twitter.com/Flash_news_ua/status/1646822244134400000
And this is just what the bare estimate of the carnage in Mariupol amounts to. The true toll is almost certainly far worse.

A lot of interesting information will become available after the war ends, but also a fuller accounting of these crimes :smith:

zone
Dec 6, 2016

https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2023/04/14/7397824/
A smoking accident happened near the site of an equipment stockpile and maintenance base of the occupiers in Melitopol this morning. The russian explanation was that it was a "gas explosion". :rolleyes:

quote:

Details: The mayor also said that gunfire and explosions were heard near Melitopol airport the day before at around 21:00. Fedorov suggested that this was most likely due to the fact that the occupiers were arguing with each other.

Collaborator Rogov also reported that there was an explosion in Melitopol in the morning. At the same time, the collaborator claims that it was a gas cylinder that exploded in one of the garages at 58 Radyshcheva Street.

According to Rogov, the owner of the house was injured.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
so Finland allows Sontarans to serve in their government?

DiomedesGodshill
Feb 21, 2009

Karate Bastard posted:

It's probably simpler than that. She is just really loving good at what she does.

It is simply the case that there are a lot of really stupid people who, because of their stupidity, hold really dumb and oversimplified opinions on important subjects. This is because their stupidity prevents them from grasping nuance and complexity, which also is the reason that nuance and complexity is terribly confusing and frightening to these people. Therefore, these people will vote for the dumbest vilest poo poo, if only it is very simplified to play into their stupid vile opinions, as this causes them the least mental anguish from having to take in new information. The best part is that this demographic can be kept stupid and vile by playing into their desires, by jerking them off, as it were. And man, this is a game that Marjorie has down tyte.

I think she's really good at what's she's doing is because she actually is that dumb and vile. I don't think it's an act or a game she's playing. I don't mean to insult orangutans but the best thing to play an orangutan in a movie is an orangutan.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Prigozhin always looks like he's 2 frames into the wax face melt from Raiders. Like if I look at a picture long enough it'll just slough off.

Dr. Quarex
Apr 18, 2003

TOVA TOVA TOVA
Yeah you can usually tell when someone is playing a dumb character by their history suggesting at some point there was a coherent thought animating at least some of their decisions, and there is no such evidence in her case. So she appeals to people without the ability to think below the surface on literally any issue because she is such a person. The only difference is that she is also probably a narcissist so like many right-wing narcissists she realized there was a place for her in the Republican party!

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

zone posted:

Slight clarification: at least two, if not three, top secret vehicle manuals were leaked by way of War Thunder players trying to get their favorite vehicles' stats changed in the game. Often resulting in arrests of active duty military idiots.

And it's a game with German tanks in it so they also have a better than average chance of being Nazis IRL as well

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I believe it takes some skills to advance to the level where she's at. None of them skills that I appreciate nor benefit from, but skills nonetheless. She gets no plea of ignorance deal from me.

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Prettz posted:

I was so ready to call that account a parody, but it's just not

Its an obvious parody - even within the last few weeks there are too many absurd moments

https://twitter.com/chadcon1945/status/1641683879038943235
https://twitter.com/chadcon1945/status/1639071461217554432
https://twitter.com/chadcon1945/status/1638618580135845888
https://twitter.com/chadcon1945/status/1637913966570770432
https://twitter.com/chadcon1945/status/1637921938646663168

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

lol Tank enjoyers are always extremely fast to gotta hand it to Gadaffi, so pretty accurate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

Tigey posted:

Its an obvious parody - even within the last few weeks there are too many absurd moments

Yeah, these make it pretty obvious. The initial tweet shared did not stray very far from genuinely held tankie opinions though.