Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

El Pollo Blanco posted:

he's truly the ur-boomer

can't do anything once his tablet stops working

complete with emailing a millennial whose job is very much not tech support for help

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Xik posted:

Imagine being tech support for that fuckwit
tbh it's not much of a stretch.

Confusedslight
Jan 9, 2020
If anything it's going to up the number of people who are going to vote in the next mayoral election.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
https://twitter.com/haydendonnell/status/1646327364530364420?s=46&t=z-BpKV_zuayDXrjUW20mQw

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Any engineering lads "willing to go through automotive-tier testIng and documentation"? New position just opened up.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

WarpedNaba posted:

Any engineering lads "willing to go through automotive-tier testIng and documentation"? New position just opened up.

This in Auckland?

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

that's just an onion article

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Laurie Mac knows where it's at

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Slavvy posted:

This in Auckland?

Ye.

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
on wednesday it was my day off and school holidays so home with the kids

but fuckin busy at work so I went in from 12-6 to help out at work, leaving kids with my mum.

since it was a 6 hour shift I was due 1 x 10 min paid break and 1 x 30 min unpaid break, as per usual

I took my 10 at 2pm coz it was super busy (to be clear im talking about a pharmacy and busy af doing flu vax and covid vax on top of regular work) to minimise interruption to the workflow

and was gonna take my half hour at 4pm

but it was about 4:40 by the time there was a space in the work for me to have a break. so I did, and only took like 22 mins anyway

the manager of the overall store (but not the dispensary) noticed this and told the dispensary manager about it, and they basically told me off for taking my break too late

like WHY IN THE ACTUAL gently caress does it matter when I take my break? I came in on my day off ! I purposely took my break late to minimise the interuption to the workload

fuckin hell. im so mad about it. what purpose does micromanaging like this do apart from piss off employees? we're busy as gently caress because we can't get a technician, we are short staffed

made me instantly want to look for a new job. its pretty small as far as the grand scheme of things go, but gently caress these old school attitudes gotta die

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

echinopsis posted:

the manager

Found the problem

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang
weird how your managers weren't mad about you taking a shorter break than your legal entitlement

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
Is this the twilight zone? People are angry that managers are on their back to take their break at the legally mandated time, the worker is arguing that he can go a bit longer to make things easier on everyone but himself?

Good work ethic mate, but take your fuckin' breaks and drink more water, there'll be no medal (nor a raise) for throwing yourself into the grinder like that.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

If the manager wanted him to take the break sooner they should have made arrangements for him to do so. Also usually you can go up to 3 hours between breaks so it was within that time period.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Sounds like it’s time for some malicious compliance. Start taking your break exactly on the halfway point of your shift, regardless of how busy it is

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Okay well me being wrong in some limited situations doesn't change my overall point.

echinopsis posted:

on wednesday it was my day off and school holidays so home with the kids

but fuckin busy at work so I went in from 12-6 to help out at work, leaving kids with my mum.

since it was a 6 hour shift I was due 1 x 10 min paid break and 1 x 30 min unpaid break, as per usual

I took my 10 at 2pm coz it was super busy (to be clear im talking about a pharmacy and busy af doing flu vax and covid vax on top of regular work) to minimise interruption to the workflow

and was gonna take my half hour at 4pm

but it was about 4:40 by the time there was a space in the work for me to have a break. so I did, and only took like 22 mins anyway

the manager of the overall store (but not the dispensary) noticed this and told the dispensary manager about it, and they basically told me off for taking my break too late

like WHY IN THE ACTUAL gently caress does it matter when I take my break? I came in on my day off ! I purposely took my break late to minimise the interuption to the workload

fuckin hell. im so mad about it. what purpose does micromanaging like this do apart from piss off employees? we're busy as gently caress because we can't get a technician, we are short staffed

made me instantly want to look for a new job. its pretty small as far as the grand scheme of things go, but gently caress these old school attitudes gotta die

I was gonna say "because of worksafe rules" but then I realised how they gonna know?

Content to Hover
Sep 11, 2009
It's ego and the sense of control. A lifetime ago I did retail and our "lunch rush" started at 10 and finished at 3. If anyone took a break during this time it made life notably more difficult for the other staff, yet management regularly used it as a metric of poor time management skills.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

rnz got given the government-funded media tag lol

Progressive JPEG
Feb 19, 2003

gotta help rt somehow

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
i just remembered from a friday night banter, me and a mate have come to the conclusion that we're all just a bunch of soft cunts

the french would burn their own country down
in asia they'll corporal punish the poor
americans just shoot each other
we complain and do nothing

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
Green Party sources accuse MP Elizabeth Kerekere of 'bullying' https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/political/488141/green-party-sources-accuse-mp-elizabeth-kerekere-of-bullying

👀

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Okay well me being wrong in some limited situations doesn't change my overall point.
Do we even know how the group chat messages got out?

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
someone leaked them to the media

Robo Captain
Sep 28, 2013
What is her beef with Swarbrick anyway?

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Just reading that article, she seems like the real life version of the strawman lefty the right are always complaining about - every criticism is racismnwalking on eggshells hoping not to say the wrong thing.

But obviously that view is coming from her probably white colleagues, and no one escapes the bias.

Firstscion
Apr 11, 2008

Born Lucky

Robo Captain posted:

More popular than her

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Booty Pageant posted:

i just remembered from a friday night banter, me and a mate have come to the conclusion that we're all just a bunch of soft cunts

the french would burn their own country down
in asia they'll corporal punish the poor
americans just shoot each other
we complain and do nothing
i don't think we're soft per se but that white nzers have a cultural value of individual resilience that keep middle nzers from investing too much in changing anything. like, why worry about the climate when a bit of number eight wire will get the fence back together, except the number eight wire is something that the farming industry will just promise will arrive until the fence falls down.

carrionman
Oct 30, 2010

Firstscion posted:

Hey we have 2 lakes in Levin as well and it doesn't smell most of the time.

Last time I was in Levin I was towing a trailer from chch to Napier. Stopped at the maccas amd the local lads were vaping, listening to crazy frog amd doing bike stunts in the carpark. 10/10 would visit again.

Firstscion
Apr 11, 2008

Born Lucky

carrionman posted:

Last time I was in Levin I was towing a trailer from chch to Napier. Stopped at the maccas amd the local lads were vaping, listening to crazy frog amd doing bike stunts in the carpark. 10/10 would visit again.

Sounds about right

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Robo Captain posted:

Chloe pissed off the Māori caucus in the greens by campaigning for central Auckland at the same time as Marama ran for Tāmaki Makaurau. Other than that it's probably just envy because Chloe gets a lot of airtime and attention.

carrionman
Oct 30, 2010

klen dool posted:

Just reading that article, she seems like the real life version of the strawman lefty the right are always complaining about - every criticism is racismnwalking on eggshells hoping not to say the wrong thing.

But obviously that view is coming from her probably white colleagues, and no one escapes the bias.

Eh, being a self centered piece of poo poo crosses all cultural and racial barriers.
One of my old coworkers claimed we were racist for telling him if his students were going to be on campus for 9am he needed to be there to teach them. I poo poo you not, his reasoning was that strict schedules were an invention of white people and it was insensitive to expect him to conform against his culture. So these people do exist outside of right wing memes

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

carrionman posted:

Eh, being a self centered piece of poo poo crosses all cultural and racial barriers.
One of my old coworkers claimed we were racist for telling him if his students were going to be on campus for 9am he needed to be there to teach them. I poo poo you not, his reasoning was that strict schedules were an invention of white people and it was insensitive to expect him to conform against his culture. So these people do exist outside of right wing memes

He's right, and what's more I think we need to appropriate his culture.

klen dool
May 7, 2007

carrionman posted:

I'm not so sure I disagree with your old workmate actually.

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
Time is an integral component to how modern civilization works, you can't opt out of it and expect to interact with the rest of it.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

Modern civilisation is a piece of poo poo and needs to be destroyed, idk if being late for everything will achieve that though

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum
Let's all meet at Aotea Square and destroy modern civilization.

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

*checks calculator watch* ah gently caress im late for the revolution again

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Xik posted:

Time is an integral component to how modern civilization works, you can't opt out of it and expect to interact with the rest of it.
someone tell tradespeople this.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Ghostlight posted:

someone tell tradespeople this.

I have yet to meet a civilised tradie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

carrionman
Oct 30, 2010
I didn't entirely disagree with him, but if 18 people are waiting on you for their education then you get the gently caress out of bed and do your job.