Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

Ehud posted:

What does this statement even mean?

Nothing at all. Just a thing that the right will point to as a victory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

swickles posted:

Nothing at all. Just a thing that the right will point to as a victory.

Maybe?

It's such a nothing statement that I don't think it will satisfy either side. If you are on the left then you're mad that they didn't double down. If you're on the right then you're made that they didn't fully backtrack.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
If we're talking about bad R governors, Rick Snyder still hasn't seen jail time for poisoning Flint MI.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Kalli posted:

We're about to go back to working 4 x 10 workdays for the summer, and man I would gladly give up some salary to do just permanently work 4 8 hour days.

Three day weekends are absolutely enormous, gigantic, earth-shattering, improvements to quality of life.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

C-Euro posted:

If we're talking about bad R governors, Rick Snyder still hasn't seen jail time for poisoning Flint MI.

Also Rick Scott never faced consequences for systematic Medicare fraud. They’re all loving crooks and never face consequences ever. Ken Paxton is the AG of Texas and hasn’t he been under indictment for like a loving decade?

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

LeeMajors posted:

Also Rick Scott never faced consequences for systematic Medicare fraud. They’re all loving crooks and never face consequences ever. Ken Paxton is the AG of Texas and hasn’t he been under indictment for like a loving decade?

Anytime I go into an HCA facility, I steal toilet paper and condiments even if I just leave them elsewhere.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
https://twitter.com/ampol_moment/status/1646889671081771008

lmao

SundayMoney
Feb 21, 2006

The face of the new economy
Jindal did the same cut back on all the taxes as Kansas did and it blew up so spectacularly that JBE had to do some crazy tax shenanigans to balance the budget. It's legit impressive he's done it while still having the GOP congress screaming more tax cuts

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

LeeMajors posted:

I had a family member get railroaded by Scott in a medicare fraud inditement. It's honestly depressing how crooked these fucks are.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Ok lets talk about something less depressing, like bird necromancy

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1646936354847072270?t=EtJkkwv5VJLlXhvZljTmAw&s=19

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Removing tile loving blows.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

swickles posted:

If it was fent, the cop would be in the ICU and SB strapped to an electric chair.

:laffo: truth

two girls one cup sequel looking good

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

FizFashizzle posted:

Correct. A real great way to identify someone who hasn't done any meaningful house projects is when you say you're doing destruction they say "Oh that's the fun part!"

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Oh my god it’s so gross

lmfao

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

swickles posted:

Ok lets talk about something less depressing, like bird necromancy

https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1646936354847072270?t=EtJkkwv5VJLlXhvZljTmAw&s=19

Finally, Birds Aren't Real guy is getting his day in the sun

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Holy poo poo trumps a monster but I’m loving the absolutely master craft caliber trolling he does on a national level

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

The best apologies are crafted with love.
The house has agreed to fund assigment pay for our agency but not the senate. It's not even for everyone going in to the field like it should be, just agree to fund it. We're also doing a time intensive time and work load study that's just going to come back and say "drat, you are understaffed and underpaid" but this is how government employment goes. I might also be crabby because I had a field worker, someone who's supposed be a loving trainer for new staff and one step below a supervisor, get super rude about deadlines that they absolutely have to know for court.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

Oh god that Trump ad is probably the worst thing I've seen today that's not work related and even then.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

FizFashizzle posted:

I remember the days I spent removing tiles with a mallet and a crow bar / chisel. Duck walking all day was an interesting workout, day 2 was not fun. At least it wasn't as bad for me because I got that slav squat gene.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Amy Pole Her posted:

Holy poo poo trumps a monster but I’m loving the absolutely master craft caliber trolling he does on a national level

I wish he just stayed out of politics because he is unintentionally one of the funniest people around. So funny he broke right wing comedy forever.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Amy Pole Her posted:

I doubt we'll get a funnier GOP primary than 2016, but it won't be for lack of trying.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
I’m also just extra anti Desantis after reading all those bills so it’s a bit satisfying regardless if the other guy is a huge pain in my rear end on a near daily basis just by sheer inconvenience.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

SundayMoney posted:

Jindal did the same cut back on all the taxes as Kansas did and it blew up so spectacularly that JBE had to do some crazy tax shenanigans to balance the budget. It's legit impressive he's done it while still having the GOP congress screaming more tax cuts

God don’t get me started about Jindal. Most if not all state employees hate him, and he is not beloved in the state for basically skipping out on us and doing jack poo poo while running for the presidency in his second term. He theoretically could be re-elected governor since JBE is term-limited. There are about five major Republicans running for governor, and he is nowhere near to be found.

In fact, one of the candidates is the head of a major business and industry organization, and while he seems reasonable compared to his other Republican cohorts, he’s going to get tarred and feathered with the brush that he was Jindal’s chief of staff. Sadly the crazy batshit AG will probably make the runoff instead.

One story that I may have told before, right around 2012 or so, the state IT had a conference where we would all get together for a couple of days. His mom is high up as an employee of the state. One day they brought in taped remarks of him praising IT and as soon as he started, the boos rained down heavily during the video while his mom was sitting directly in the front row of the conference.

He was not liked.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
There's some alternate dimension where Trump became the host of some Daily Show type program instead of running for office and it's hilarious.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Spent 24 dollars on pork belly.

First time I'm gonna make pork belly properly, gonna be an expensive gently caress up if i gently caress it up.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

BlindSite posted:

First time I'm gonna make pork belly properly, gonna be an expensive gently caress up if i gently caress it up.

make some rafute

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

BlindSite posted:

I want to cure my own bacon.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

BlindSite posted:

I did burnt ends once and it was incredible. Good luck!

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Live look on Fiz's renovations:

https://twitter.com/ChadBlue83/status/1647020227366985732?t=EYDtOcz_hwgQbda4LIpHkg&s=19

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Nelson Van Alden: I may have soiled myself

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Look at this lump begging as I prep some beef

Why you sitting like that?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

It’s amazing how quiet they are.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

a sexual elk posted:

Feed that behbeh

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

a sexual elk posted:

I love it when dogs sit like that, my ex’s pug was the king of the doofus pose

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Pork belly chat:

Im going the Philippine method, simmer it in aromatics and water for an hour this evening. Salt the skin and let it dry in the fridge uncovered and then deep fry it to crisp it up tomorrow.

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

That sounds so good. I am appropriately jealous.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Back to jobs, I don't mind my job at all, but this new leave policy is really pissing me off. Like I said before, we are going to be required to have 40 hours of leave banked at all times and we're not allowed to use it. Ever. So they're holding my leave that I earned hostage. I just don't see how that can be legal.

I had to cancel our Universal trip because I won't have enough leave banked for it and that's a real bummer.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Braksgirl posted:

Back to jobs, I don't mind my job at all, but this new leave policy is really pissing me off. Like I said before, we are going to be required to have 40 hours of leave banked at all times and we're not allowed to use it. Ever. So they're holding my leave that I earned hostage. I just don't see how that can be legal.

I had to cancel our Universal trip because I won't have enough leave banked for it and that's a real bummer.

I missed this earlier, but what exactly is their justification for this? It seems really shady.

Leave is part of your compensation. Do they at least pay it out when you leave?

Tulalip Tulips
Sep 1, 2013

I love my job despite the trauma, under payment, and shitholery it can definitely be. It also sucks sometimes and is still a job, even if I do see it as more than that sometimes and find fullfillment in it. Honestly EmbryoSteve has it pretty close to how I feel. Social work is loving hard.

Also I'm making spam and eggs to have with ricr and kimchi since I'm in a weird mood and it's a comfort food meal for me. Might even do some spam sandwiches, which my tell for being raised by my grandparents.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

LeeMajors posted:

I missed this earlier, but what exactly is their justification for this? It seems really shady.

Leave is part of your compensation. Do they at least pay it out when you leave?

Yeah, they'll pay me for it if I quit or retire but until then it just has to sit there. As for their justification, I have no idea. They just told us this is the policy beginning May 1. I'm a state govt employee so I'm calling the civil service department on Monday during my lunch break to ask them if this is legal or not.