Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Jelly posted:

ok sorry i got my chuds conflated, for some reason I was convinced that weird picture of fat turd and his 15 year old wife was taken somewhere outside the country

but can you still answer my question about why musk gives even one poo poo what he thinks?

No, that's Kim Dotcom, the guy behind Megaupload, who is living in New Zealand with his child bride because it doesn't have an extradition treaty with the US. That's a whole different fat turd.

And no, I cannot answer why Elon is so enamored with cat turd specifically. I guess he conflated him with the entire "go woke, go broke" movement at some point and his noggin is far too calcified to reevaluate things?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

https://twitter.com/elonmusk/status/1646996232559001600?t=11ZgeswqaAa6uFFuCED-Tg&s=19

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
In the context of the US, the BBC is left wing. But so is the UK Conservative party, so that's not really saying much.

SavageMessiah
Jan 28, 2009

Emotionally drained and spookified

Toilet Rascal

Faustian Bargain posted:

conservative twitter clones never got off the ground so the next step was turning twitter into conservative twitter, and the results will be the same. i’m glad elon decided to burn 44m to be the main character everyday until it folds.

You're missing 3 entire zeros there, champ.

44 billion united states dollars for the right to be hassled by Catturd™

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

goatface posted:

In the context of the US, the BBC is left wing.
Is that even true, though? BBC is pretty fuckin awful.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

can't wait to see what this guy's idea of a "moderate" media figure is

... oh god it's gonna be someone like joe rogan, isn't it

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

DaveWoo posted:

can't wait to see what this guy's idea of a "moderate" media figure is

... oh god it's gonna be someone like joe rogan, isn't it
And Bill Maher, 100%

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012
A moderate is whoever agrees with him. A centrist is always right because anyone who disagrees is an extremist.

Steadiman
Jan 31, 2006

Hey...what kind of party is this? there's no booze and only one hooker!

silly sevens
https://twitter.com/harddrivemag/status/1647008158236176387?s=46&t=JhAU97pczQ89AwjWUo-P8Q
Hard Drive on the offense again, last time Elon did not take this well. Hoping they can get under his skin again because previously it led to that insanely cringey video of Elon, two weeks after the fact, workshopping comebacks in some office while a couple of sycophants had to pretend it was hilarious.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Ur meme game is strong bro

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Yum yum daddy Elon puke those crusty memes into my mouth

Why are “meme culture” bros the most boring motherfuckers

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 00:31 on Apr 15, 2023

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

lol that Substack is quadrupling down on the racist stuff, they've had that problem since they were formed, some of their top executives were in alt right chatrooms. I remember twitter people talking about it as one of the reasons they were looking into substack alternatives

limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
They in racial chats showin feet

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Good news: Someone is building a Twitter alternative.

Bad news: because Twitter wasn't turbo racist enough

That's a too often repeated story.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

TotalLossBrain posted:

Ur meme game is strong bro

I heard you even make your own memes sometimes ha ha ha ha

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

who pays to see memes?

who pays to see stolen memes?

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"
My favorite IMC/ant man story is when I was dunking on him on Twitter and someone from Malaysia that lives in the same village as him came in to dunk on him. He's apparently even known locally as a huge loving loser that never leaves his parents' basement. It's really good lol

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin

Unlucky7 posted:

Yum yum daddy Elon puke those crusty memes into my mouth

Why are “meme culture” bros the most boring motherfuckers
It's because they base their entire ideology off of image macros other people made rather than introspection or the desire to have a morally consistent worldview.

Elon's entire sense of humor comes from yes and'ing other people's jokes and it's very pathetic once you notice it.

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Froghammer posted:

It's because they base their entire ideology off of image macros other people made rather than introspection or the desire to have a morally consistent worldview.

Elon's entire sense of humor comes from yes and'ing other people's jokes and it's very pathetic once you notice it.

A jpeg made them feel bad once and this trauma has caused them to arm and armor themselves with memes. They preemptively try to make other people feel bad while attempting to become so ironically detached they can’t be forced to feel anything. It doesn’t work and blowback from this behavior leads them deeper into the spiral.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

If I recall Parler is Co owned by the husband of candace owens and they were trying to get Kanye to purchase it via a trade sale, but Kanye went off his meds so hard that he went "all Jews must die" on Alex Jones and the sale got called off

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Tars Tarkas posted:

lol that Substack is quadrupling down on the racist stuff, they've had that problem since they were formed, some of their top executives were in alt right chatrooms. I remember twitter people talking about it as one of the reasons they were looking into substack alternatives

Yeah I thought this was a funny thing to pop up again but I guess everyone forgot about substack management being a bunch of freeze peach “both sides” dipshits.

It kind of sucks because there are some good content producers on substack, like Zitron.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Thinking about catturd complaining about the system being rigged despite having the ear of a billionaire and showing up on everyone's twitter phone notifications everyday got me feeling grateful.

It's like watching mike tv get stuffed into his mom's purse in willy wonka and as a kid thinking, at least im not that bad.

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
just thinking about my old coworker who used to pronounce "meme" as "Me Me"

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

https://www.theverge.com/2023/4/14/23684005/elon-musk-new-ai-company-x
Elon Musk founds new AI company called X.AI

Rumors about Musk starting up an AI company have been floating around for days, with a report from Business Insider revealing that Musk had purchased thousands of graphic processing units (GPUs) to power an upcoming generative AI product. The Financial Times similarly reported that Musk planned to create an AI firm to compete with the Microsoft-backed OpenAI. Musk even reportedly sought funding from SpaceX and Tesla investors to get the company started.

During an interview on Twitter Spaces, when Musk was asked about all the GPUs he purchased, the billionaire made no mention of his plans to build an AI company, stating “it seems like everyone and their dog is buying GPUs at this point.” The purported X.AI name matches the branding of the X Corp. name he has since assigned to Twitter, along with the “X” label he’s applied to his vision of an “everything app.”

Musk has been openly opposed to OpenAI, the AI organization that he co-founded in 2015 but walked away from in 2018, and recently signed a letter calling for a pause on “giant AI experiments.” In recent months, OpenAI has become a hugely recognizable name on the backs of technology like ChatGPT and GPT-4 and is partially responsible for kicking off Microsoft and Google’s current push to integrate AI tools more deeply into many of its products.

---

"Guys please pause any AI development for 6 months so I can catch up"

PS he threw a huge fit because OpenAI didn't want to be bought out by him so he left and took all his funding, so they had to work on monetizing their product which turned out to be ChatGPT3/Dall-E..

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

and that will make Grimes love him again?

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

yes i realize i put million instead of billion. i know it’s billion just put the wrong one.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

After the initial burst of press on x.ai I predict we’ll never hear jack poo poo about it again as the ai fad peters out (again) and by then it will have produced nothing of value.

Maybe a racist chatbot

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
underscores are the superior form of punctuation anyways

Less Fat Luke
May 23, 2003

Exciting Lemon

The Saddest Rhino posted:

If I recall Parler is Co owned by the husband of candace owens and they were trying to get Kanye to purchase it via a trade sale, but Kanye went off his meds so hard that he went "all Jews must die" on Alex Jones and the sale got called off
It honestly feels like that was a decade ago.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT

Bar Crow posted:

A jpeg made them feel bad once

To be fair, they spent a lot of money on that jpeg.

feelix
Nov 27, 2016
THE ONLY EXERCISE I AM UNFAMILIAR WITH IS EXERCISING MY ABILITY TO MAKE A POST PEOPLE WANT TO READ
Is this the Star Citizen thread?

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Faustian Bargain posted:

yes i realize i put million instead of billion. i know it’s billion just put the wrong one.

It is okay. Elon actions are so monumentally stupid that your brain probably just auto corrected to million because no one could be that stupid. It is an unfathomable amount money being wasted by someone so unfathomably stupid.

yook
Mar 11, 2001

YES, CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG IS ABSOLUTELY A KAIJU

priznat posted:

After the initial burst of press on x.ai I predict we’ll never hear jack poo poo about it again as the ai fad peters out (again) and by then it will have produced nothing of value.

Maybe a racist chatbot
If the AI thing falls through, he could always use the graphics cards on crypto mining.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

yook posted:

If the AI thing falls through, he could always use the graphics cards on crypto mining.

Still nothing of value tho :haw:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

gonna trend to breakeven if you don't pay your electricity bill

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Imagine having the kind of power to know that ANYTHING you Tweet WILL be read by Elon Musk.

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

(putting on a disgusting costume)

this is super gross what am i doing

~ 7 Years Later ~

dumping a pallet of teddy grahams into the tennessee river tweet goes viral

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Harald posted:

just thinking about my old coworker who used to pronounce "meme" as "Me Me"

when he could have been implementing a hilarious may may

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

https://twitter.com/MattBinder/status/1647019055792963587

ahh well, another L for the Musk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Who do you think got wrecked worse by his idiotic Twitter buy?
Twitter or Elmo himself?