Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

The Kins posted:

Gary Larson has a lengthy history of not particularly liking people posting his cartoons around the internet outside of his control.

Oh, I'm familiar with that. The person posting them figured that since Larson is publishing again, on his own website, that they'd be fair game for the thread. A few comics creators have joined SA for that thread, and expressed their approval/appreciation; Larson was not one of them, though lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Powerful Katrinka posted:

Oh, I'm familiar with that. The person posting them figured that since Larson is publishing again, on his own website, that they'd be fair game for the thread. A few comics creators have joined SA for that thread, and expressed their approval/appreciation; Larson was not one of them, though lol

This has been one of the cooler things that's happened on this forums, is that many of the comics created have obliquely or directly referenced the thread after their comics started getting posted.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

I'm gonna post a far side :evilbuddy:

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

okay I have a simple question:

did Lyle always post like Lyle?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Just hotlink them from his website, problem solved.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

The worst case scenario is that he alters the images getting hotlinked and being goatsed by larson would be tremendous lore for the future.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

hes a morbidly obese keyblade wielding panda... id watch myself if i were you

Now there's a username/post/av combo I wasn't expecting.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

hes a morbidly obese keyblade wielding panda... id watch myself if i were you

he can be your angle or yuor devil

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Feels Villeneuve posted:

5 is my favorite one op, because it has the most poo poo to do in it

Just bringing this back to say oh gently caress you.

I just started chapter 3 but im a taxi god and caught All Of The Fish, distended my stomach, and beat up a teenager.

A+++

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

iwentdoodie posted:

Just bringing this back to say oh gently caress you.

I just started chapter 3 but im a taxi god and caught All Of The Fish, distended my stomach, and beat up a teenager.

A+++

I like when saejima sees something interesting and instantly makes a wood carving of it

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Nuns with Guns posted:

The admins did also go and permaban all his accounts and several alts that never posted after it was pointed out in SAD that he was jonesing for things to post to twitter so bad that he was digging out pretty raw personal memorial posts from the In Memoriam thread in QCS/SAD to repost on his stupid twitter account.
im convinced guy mann bought a bunch of followers for his twitter account because he has 20k but even his biggest posts only manage like 300 likes/50 retweets, and his patreon only has literally 10 subs.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Apr 14, 2023

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

I choose to accept this as true

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

I choose to accept this as true

dangerous thinking...

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the 36 lessons of guy mann

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.

Endorph posted:

im convinced guy mann bought a bunch of followers for his twitter account because he has 20k but even his biggest posts only manage like 300 likes/50 retweets, and his patreon only has literally 10 subs.

All the "crazy rear end moments in X" accounts are run this way so probably

https://twitter.com/numetal_moment/status/1607900712142360576?s=46&t=I_m-muZwno7YsTLk-agdiw

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The Lobotomy Kid posted:

All the "crazy rear end moments in X" accounts are run this way so probably

https://twitter.com/numetal_moment/status/1607900712142360576?s=46&t=I_m-muZwno7YsTLk-agdiw
lmfao

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i learned the other day that a bunch of youtubers or like, twitch streamers just buy twitter accounts with 200-300k followers to promote their streams and thats why they all seem to suddenly come into existence. like mrbeast did this.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Endorph posted:

i learned the other day that a bunch of youtubers or like, twitch streamers just buy twitter accounts with 200-300k followers to promote their streams and thats why they all seem to suddenly come into existence. like mrbeast did this.

its been very common for a long time and you can always tell who bought their followers because like you said they get zero engagement on anything they do

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Endorph posted:

lol that would be something I'd expect from the guy who has bought at least a half dozen accounts here and must has some more on standby cloaked under a VPN service to content farm.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
wasn't there some bizarre thing where a group of people decided that family guy clips was like the secret to hacking the youtube algorithm or some poo poo

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Why.... why are none of my 200,000 subs scheduled to watch me play hot exclusive PS5 titles???

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Feels Villeneuve posted:

wasn't there some bizarre thing where a group of people decided that family guy clips was like the secret to hacking the youtube algorithm or some poo poo

this happens every couple of years and youtube ends up flooded with videos of 1000 degree knife cutting things becuase the algorithim loves that poo poo

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Feels Villeneuve posted:

when youtube switched from favoring long videos to shorter ones people realized that with how its set up if you watch a single family guy clip youtube will keep recommending them to you until the end of time so they jut make family guy clip compilations that are the same few dozen bits rearranged in different ways with different ones in the thumbnail and rake in the views

happens with futurama and simpsons and stuff too

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
in fairness i watch those sometimes, except it's the Pokémon anime's most epic moments

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

this happens every couple of years and youtube ends up flooded with videos of 1000 degree knife cutting things becuase the algorithim loves that poo poo

no that's legit, I watch all of those repeatedly

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Endorph posted:

if you watch a single family guy clip youtube will keep recommending them to you until the end of time

This happened to me once with Homestar Runner and it actually kind of ruled? Just a constant stream of Strong Bad Emails in my YT suggestions for like a week, no stupid thumbnails, no politics guys

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Nuns with Guns posted:

The admins did also go and permaban all his accounts and several alts that never posted after it was pointed out in SAD that he was jonesing for things to post to twitter so bad that he was digging out pretty raw personal memorial posts from the In Memoriam thread in QCS/SAD to repost on his stupid twitter account.

was that the response? awesome. that poo poo was extremely hosed up

sube
Nov 7, 2022

i lolled when i saw some channels advertise a pyramid scheme for uploading family guy clips

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

my favourite thing about early Youtube was seeing all the videos entitled EPIC FAMILY GUY COMPILATION, with a shitload of downloads and clicking on it to find 10 minutes of freeze-framed silence and the angriest comments I've ever seen lol

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

Antivehicular posted:

This happened to me once with Homestar Runner and it actually kind of ruled? Just a constant stream of Strong Bad Emails in my YT suggestions for like a week, no stupid thumbnails, no politics guys

No Easter Eggs though. RIP Flash.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

sube posted:

i lolled when i saw some channels advertise a pyramid scheme for uploading family guy clips

Lmao yeah that's what i was thinking of

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

fosborb posted:

was that the response? awesome. that poo poo was extremely hosed up

Yeah, a genuine SAD success story!

rodbeard posted:

I'm not sure where to raise the issue, but Guy Mann is posting screenshots from the goon memorial thread as content for his weird Twitter account. Is there any way to stop him from seeing the forums entirely? That seems to be way too personal to be grabbing and reposting on the general internet.

Fluffdaddy posted:

When I get home from work I am going to obliterate all of his accounts.

Fluffdaddy posted:

I read the Twitter account. That's sicko poo poo so I permad his accounts and will be on the lookout for new ones.

Fluffdaddy posted:

I panel permad them and added a lepers colony entry for the one. He also had a few 0 post accounts I got too

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Paladinus posted:

How can you prove someone doesn't have an account?

If I recall admins did some ip checks but the relevant account that people thought was imc's had photos in a "post your cat" thread where they clearly was not Asian

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

my favourite thing about early Youtube was seeing all the videos entitled EPIC FAMILY GUY COMPILATION, with a shitload of downloads and clicking on it to find 10 minutes of freeze-framed silence and the angriest comments I've ever seen lol

I remember in 2007 era youtube at least one video raked in over half a million views with a fake "How to unlock all weapons in halo 3" video that had a 2 minute long stillframe of master chief in the middle to use as the thumbnail and the actual video before and after the middle stillframe was just low effort ear-drum shattering Adventures Of Sonic The Hedgehog/Hotel Mario youtube poop

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

Antivehicular posted:

Used to be a whole website full of them.
RIP flash, you were lovely beyond belief.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

B33rChiller posted:

At least Happy Wheels survived the blasphemous death of adobe flash I guess

mycatscrimes
Jan 2, 2020

B33rChiller posted:

There still is, it's on a flash emulator now.

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Guy mann did a huge song and dance announcing to everyone that Ian Miles Cheong had an account here but was real quiet when we disproved it

all i did was quote someone claiming that from the gbs elon thread, bc i thought it would be funny if it were true, and then guy mann immediately tweets it as fact

Boba Pearl
Dec 27, 2019

by Athanatos

Endorph posted:

I get emails like this constantly, I'm positive they're AI generated

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Endorph posted:

absolutely and without a doubt.

Nuns with Guns posted:

Yeah, a genuine SAD success story!

say what you will about fluff, but the image of him just coming out of nowhere and atomizing guy mann sticks out in my mind. just some fed up restaurant manager vaporizing the most shrill, pedantic, obnoxious neckbeard.

NoiseAnnoys fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Apr 15, 2023