Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shiffty
Apr 8, 2009

ShowTime posted:

Brazilian server still holding strong. Hopefully the rest of them come up soon and Ironmace manages to stabilize them or buy more, because I'm having a blast.

We were only able to join Brazil for one round. Then rebooted with Steam turned off. East coast worked flawlessly then for our group.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Franks Happy Place
Mar 15, 2011

It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the dank of Sapho that thoughts acquire speed, the lips acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by weed alone I set my mind in motion.
Yeah East Coast was fine for me for two games now, pings were fine from the west coast fwiw

FungiCap
Jul 23, 2007

Let's all just calm down and put on our thinking caps.
I'd like to thank Groovelord Neato for manifesting this play test into existence through the power of sheer positive thinking.

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
East Coast has been fine for me too, now, so it appears to be back up. And when the servers are running great, this game is amazing. Having a blast. Just gotta find the right people. When you get dummies and people that don't talk or try and Rambo the match, you don't have fun.

Concurred
Apr 23, 2003

My team got swept out of the playoffs, and all I got was this avatar and red text

Rogues with double jump

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

FungiCap posted:

I'd like to thank Groovelord Neato for manifesting this play test into existence through the power of sheer positive thinking.

A powerful person

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIyibFd6WaA

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
Bard really seems kind of not good but idk maybe he is amazing in gear

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Totally agreed that the speculation on how this'll affect Korean players is intriguing. Because since it's a magnet link, they can play. Anyone here Korean or living in Korea?

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Akumos posted:

Bard really seems kind of not good but idk maybe he is amazing in gear

It's fun, but yea, not good. It's C-tier. But the mechanic is fine, which was the most worrying part about the class. But all their stats, perks, songs, etc, need tweaking. And they need more selection of songs. Just 4 sucks.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

Bard is definitely unfinished. There's zero purpose in equipping both of the songbooks since only 4 are available currently. You need to be able to queue up songs or extend them for like another half the duration by continuing to play - having the chaos song end after most things take one swipe at each other is lame. Hilarious in the goblin cave elite skeleton room though.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
The secret to bard is you only need to have the song be doing some level of "well" at the end, so if you spam play until the last few notes (how many will depend on the song) and hit them perfectly, you can significantly speed up your playing so the uptime percent is way higher

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
Anyone have any idea how you go deeper in the team map? It's outdoors now but I've seen some parties make it to the next level

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

DarkAvenger211 posted:

Anyone have any idea how you go deeper in the team map? It's outdoors now but I've seen some parties make it to the next level

On your minimap you'll see an iron of red stairs, thats how you progress down. It's a gate with a red aura, sparkles in front, but it doesn't open until like 1:30 left on the map. You sometimes have to run through the closed circle and the locusts to get to it. But that's how you go down.

Apparently Discord doesn't allow Torrents, so the torrent link can now be found on their Twitter...until Twitter doesn't allow Torrents.

This playtest is fun but holy poo poo its like patching together a quilt to be able to play it.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

I played. I had fun. My non-goon internet friend didn't want to form a cohesive group, so we rolled CLE, BRD WIZ for a few hours. Bard is good cookie dough, but needs more time to bake.

Did some goblin caves and exited 3/6 times as a CLE. Good times. I got really bad this game and it feels like the mobs do a poo poo ton more damage.

Looking forward to getting my identity stolen from :filez:. :mrwhite:

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

It feels way worse optimized than the last test, which is unfortunate. I've had to crank my settings down to medium across the board to maintain a solid 144fps when they were mostly high the last time.

They also definitely beefed up mob damage, added more moveset options and seemingly better AI when it's not just straight up broken/inactive.

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

most important tip in pve melee for those struggling:

hit the mob, then evade the swings by turning 90 degrees and strafing away which is a lot faster than holding back.

i feel like i got a lot more loot in the goblin caves than last playtest

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Certain spells now tend to make me drop lots of frames at the worst times. Something about the particle effects is going berserk

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

some people suggested putting -dx11 in your exe launch parameters as a performance fix

have not tested or verified

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

CJacobs posted:

Totally agreed that the speculation on how this'll affect Korean players is intriguing. Because since it's a magnet link, they can play. Anyone here Korean or living in Korea?

if youre a cop u have to say so

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

comedyblissoption posted:

most important tip in pve melee for those struggling:

hit the mob, then evade the swings by turning 90 degrees and strafing away which is a lot faster than holding back.

I tried this and it is so funny that this works, it feels like you're air surfing in a Source game if you jump and do it. Just pick the guy that can double jump and cut and run!

Smythe posted:

if youre a cop u have to say so

lol, I take it back, don't answer my post or SA will get raided by the FBI again

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

D&D Discord #known-bugs posted:

We are aware of the bug that is falsely banning some users.
Please do not make a ticket regarding this issue.
We are continuously deploying a temporary fix for this issue.
After the official hotfix it will no longer happen.
If you know you did not cheat or abuse a bug please try to login again every so often.
We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused some of our users.
We are working as fast as possible to permanently resolve these issues!
Thank you for helping us get these solved!
Logged in after lunch, got "you have been permanently blocked for using illegal programs", was about to be very, very upset.
At least they're aware of the issue. Wonder how they're gonna handle patching a manually downloaded game though - "d&da5update1.exe" torrent next?

Kazvall
Mar 20, 2009

Double jump on rogue is so stupidly fun. It's broken as gently caress.

Sailor Dave
Sep 19, 2013

Kazvall posted:

Double jump on rogue is so stupidly fun. It's broken as gently caress.

How so? I haven't been able to get much use out of it tbh

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
https://dockets.justia.com/docket/washington/wawdce/2:2023cv00576/321151

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Dipped in on this for the first time and wow combat feels like dogshit. Are you all enjoying it in spite of the fact this feels like playing unmodded oblivion, or am I missing something?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Dang.

Not surprising though.

Anyone else hate the outdoor map?

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006

VulgarandStupid posted:

Dang.

Not surprising though.

Anyone else hate the outdoor map?

Well good news they are hotfixing it right now to be a stand alone map and reverting the castle to the old version. Check the ironmace twitter for the patch/info

https://twitter.com/ironmacegames/with_replies

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

Hooplah posted:

Dipped in on this for the first time and wow combat feels like dogshit. Are you all enjoying it in spite of the fact this feels like playing unmodded oblivion, or am I missing something?

It's hard to get used to, but rewarding when you do. It's certainly a shitton better than the meta parry cancel bullshit in Mordhau or whatever.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Servers seem hosed tonight. Not sure if they're getting ddos'd or if something poo poo the bed. Supposedly there's also a memory leak in the client. Playtest 5 is a lot less polished than playtest 4.

Yet I crave more.

Akumos
Sep 10, 2006
I think Nexon DMCA'd their server host.. if they DMCA'd a random tweet to get the playtest removed and sued them I'm sure they would do more.

Necrosaro
Dec 31, 2008

A Necrosaro Appears!
Fun Shoe
An hour long breakdown of the lawsuit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42SzJLadbHg

Necrosaro fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Apr 16, 2023

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

Necrosaro posted:

An hour long breakdown of the lawsuit:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42SzJLadbHg

Unconvinced by this guy so far. He's just reading off Nexon's complaint without any critical analysis.

I did note that Nexon is alleging that internal playtesting they did of P3 concepts and game design are stolen 'trade secrets', which, lol. I guess its better than trying to prove Unreal engine files are stolen.

Stuff like doing testing allowed them to figure out how to 'attract players with an interesting storyline' or 'finetune high-quality graphics' are especially laughable, considering DaD's complete lack of the former and just...how fine tuning graphics works. Might not be laughable to a fuddy-duffy judge though.

TheDeadlyShoe fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Apr 16, 2023

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
It almost doesn't matter how strong Nexon's case is if IM is going to do dumbass poo poo like trying to circumvent a DMCA claim with torrents. They'll just continually shoot themselves in the foot all the way to court.

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

DMCA notices can (and should) be counterclaimed which should result in the link/page/whatever in question being reinstated and the claimant notified their next steps are to pursue actual legal action if the claim was valid to begin with.

Anyway, it seems like their login servers are hosed. Installed the hotfix when the login screen kept resetting me, and after installing the hotfix it still happens, even with steam shut down.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
man am i glad i didnt download this again. my luck i wouldnt be able to play and just be more sad than i am now

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

sushibandit posted:

DMCA notices can (and should) be counterclaimed which should result in the link/page/whatever in question being reinstated and the claimant notified their next steps are to pursue actual legal action if the claim was valid to begin with.

Anyway, it seems like their login servers are hosed. Installed the hotfix when the login screen kept resetting me, and after installing the hotfix it still happens, even with steam shut down.

Right! Which like...why have they not done that instead of passing around torrent links like they're MST3k bootlegs?

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Methylethylaldehyde posted:

It's hard to get used to, but rewarding when you do. It's certainly a shitton better than the meta parry cancel bullshit in Mordhau or whatever.

having just just finished a session of dipping back into mordhau dealing with absolutely unreadable animations where high level players look like they're sweeping the ground with a sword or twisting themselves into a pretzel and somehow instantly killing me in the process, this is actually a little relieving to hear. i haven't even encountered a player yet, just getting backed into corners and dying when more than one gobbo aggros me at once. fighting monsters feels really shallow but maybe it's just my lack of experience

sushibandit
Feb 12, 2009

For all we know they have already counterclaimed and twitter/etc are just dragging their feet on restoring the removed items for whatever reason. Maybe their lawyers are drinking buddies with nexon lawyers, who knows.

IP law is an utter clusterfuck of cancerous bullshit, and every platform handles it differently because there's no incentive for them to make any process but the issuing of claims efficient. Hence every platform has auto-takedowns in place for claims, but manual counterclaim processing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
me and 2 other goons were in the same dungeon as SoBadStrange earlier before the servers poo poo themselves, I hope our deaths are in a video . I heard him mentioned before for yelling at another goon or something, lol