Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl

Tesla was right posted:

, but it's not been a zero-cannibalism run

Rimworld

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Archonet
Mar 12, 2022

it is time to boogie
RimWorld: It's not been a zero-cannibalism run

HolHorsejob
Mar 14, 2020

Portrait of Cheems II of Spain by Jabona Neftman, olo pint on fird
hey, sometimes you accidentally eat a person

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

HolHorsejob posted:

Look, I can’t help that all these unconscious and dead raiders keep accidentally falling into the nutripaste grinder.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

The average rimworlder eats 3 raiders a year in their sleep.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

Signal posted:

There has to be a mood that allows you to set vents to open at a certain temp and close at another, right? The way backup power works?

Just use Dub's Bad Hygiene for the hot water network with radiators. It works great with Vanilla Expanded stuff and you can turn off the shower and bathroom needs if you don't want more mechanics to chase.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

The Lone Badger posted:

You can raise that significantly with the autofeeders from vanilla nutrient paste expanded. :hmmyes:

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Raiders Georg is a statistical outlier, and should not inform the game's design decisions for raids.

Sinatrapod
Sep 24, 2007

The "Latin" is too dangerous, my queen!

Liquid Communism posted:

Just use Dub's Bad Hygiene for the hot water network with radiators. It works great with Vanilla Expanded stuff and you can turn off the shower and bathroom needs if you don't want more mechanics to chase.

There is definitely some magic in your cyber-enhanced melee superpowered pawn going berserk and ripping your cook's leg off because someone else used all the hot water before their shower, though.

Sinatrapod fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Apr 13, 2023

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Signal posted:

There has to be a mood that allows you to set vents to open at a certain temp and close at another, right? The way backup power works?

I have a window mod that lets you set them to auto-regulate the temperature, but mostly what it does is trigger five dozen toggle jobs a day.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

HolHorsejob posted:

guys really I was just walking past the killbox and I tripped, on god I JUST TRIPPED and he sort of slipped in my mouth :ohdear:

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

The Lone Badger posted:

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
You can't PROVE it's cannibalism, yes human corpses go into the freezer and later on paste comes out of the dispenser, but that's not proof

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
I remember the Walrus Room I had going which was a pitch black room I yeeted corpses in and had a breeding pair of walruses in.

I imagine the noises leaking out were nightmarish

Telsa Cola fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Apr 14, 2023

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
"Oh a walrus room! This colony has a zoo! Let's check ouH MY GOD"

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

The walrus pit

Mindless
Dec 7, 2001

WANTED: INFO on Mindless. Anything! Everything! Send to
Pillbug

Anticheese posted:

Raiders Georg is a statistical outlier, and should not inform the game's design decisions for raids.

Yeah, an outlier. *Scrolls away from toxic waste and "extra meat" freezer*

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I sorta wish there was a cannibalism light, like butchering is acceptable but eating it is gross, so you can still sell the leather and turn the meat into fuel or whatever. Relaxed cannibalism with human meat disabled in the kitchen is basically this already but like, if my brain wasn't weird and stupid I wouldn't have this many hours in the game.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Danaru posted:

I sorta wish there was a cannibalism light, like butchering is acceptable but eating it is gross, so you can still sell the leather and turn the meat into fuel or whatever. Relaxed cannibalism with human meat disabled in the kitchen is basically this already but like, if my brain wasn't weird and stupid I wouldn't have this many hours in the game.

can add "forced trait: bloodlust" in your scenario settings

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Ideology can do this (precept for "Cannibalism: Disapproved" or something like that).
e: I don't think it does anything to cooking recipes, i.e. human meat is not checked by default, nor do the other more permissible versions of this precept

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Nah anything below approved gives a "we butchered humanlike" debuff :(

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

bummer, I'm looking around the workshop for something minimal but nothing is jumping out, there's probably a mod somewhere with this as a feature buried in a giant collection of stuff you don't want :shrug:
Greyer Morals does something like this but a bunch of other things besides
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2018947066&searchtext=butcher+humanlike

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

QuarkJets posted:

The walrus pit

It's nothing like the brochure.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

The raiding presentation has been cancelled Ticket-holders will instead receive an extra twenty minutes in the walrus pit.

StealthArcher
Jan 10, 2010

The Lone Badger posted:

The raiding presentation has been cancelled Ticket-holders will instead receive an extra twenty minutes in the walrus pit.

I just don't think they can take that

Duct Tape Engineer
Feb 16, 2005

Look at you, hacker: a pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run through my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?
A freezer with an animal flap and some tamed boars is an easy way to convert raiders into debuff free meat.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Duct Tape Engineer posted:

A freezer with an animal flap and some tamed boars is an easy way to convert raiders into debuff free meat.

do you know what nemesis means

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

QuarkJets posted:

The walrus pit

the Chamber

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Danaru posted:

I think that's called "The corpse trough at the boar farm"

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Duct Tape Engineer posted:

Please don't steal my sustainable meat program.

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

The distinction is subtle, but very important to some people

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7358s1Am5o

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

Danaru posted:

The distinction is subtle, but very important to some people

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
Meat goes in meat goes out. No one can explain.

Oscar aint no Slouch
Apr 29, 2014
do you think that when humans left earth to colonize the galaxy, they took with them some trace molecules or atoms that were once in or part of hitler's body, and so the root cause of all the hosed up poo poo in this game is due to hitler propagating throughout the cosmos?

kojei
Feb 12, 2008
Ah yes, hitler homeopathy.

HelloSailorSign
Jan 27, 2011

kojei posted:

Well see, that's the problem.

The Hitler nosode was supposed to inoculate people but then whoever was supposed to make it hosed up so there were actual Hitler atoms in there which meant that they simply just put a little bit of Hitler in everyone.

Archonet
Mar 12, 2022

it is time to boogie

HelloSailorSign posted:

Well see, that's the problem.

The Hitler nosode was supposed to inoculate people but then whoever was supposed to make it hosed up so there were actual Hitler atoms in there which meant that they simply just put a little bit of Hitler in everyone.

I rescind my previous title suggestion because

RimWorld: a little bit of Hitler in everyone

is even better

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Oscar aint no Slouch posted:

do you think that when humans left earth to colonize the galaxy, they took with them some trace molecules or atoms that were once in or part of hitler's body, and so the root cause of all the hosed up poo poo in this game is due to hitler propagating throughout the cosmos?

See "the iron dream" for more info

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

kojei posted: