Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

AI animated video and voice short. Gonna be interesting to see what can be done a year from now.

https://twitter.com/mrjonfinger/status/1645953033636048896

Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s62xY_Z1raM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monglo
Mar 19, 2015
Looks much more impressive than that Will Smith eating pasta thing.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
https://voca.ro/131ztgXzB0g7

wait for it
Feb 21, 2021
Anyone try the Dolly LLM? Just got released by databricks, open source.

https://www.databricks.com/blog/2023/04/12/dolly-first-open-commercially-viable-instruction-tuned-llm

Edit: apparently a fine tune of a previous model rather than a new model. Still curious to give it a try at some point.

wait for it fucked around with this message at 10:13 on Apr 13, 2023

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Been working on upscaling with more detail on really, really huge images

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

do you have the original image or some progression images to compare?

Bob Ross Nuke Test
Jul 12, 2016

by Games Forum

Which model are you using for this? Midjourney doesn't really upscale for poo poo anymore.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

LifeSunDeath posted:

do you have the original image or some progression images to compare?
original:

Bob Ross Nuke Test posted:

Which model are you using for this? Midjourney doesn't really upscale for poo poo anymore.

RevAnimated 1.2.1

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

original:

RevAnimated 1.2.1

wow yeah, it added a details like crazy

KwegiboHB
Feb 2, 2004

nonconformist art brut
Negative prompt: amenable, compliant, docile, law-abiding, lawful, legal, legitimate, obedient, orderly, submissive, tractable
Steps: 32, Sampler: DPM++ 2M Karras, CFG scale: 11, Seed: 520244594, Size: 512x512, Model hash: 99fd5c4b6f, Model: seekArtMEGA_mega20

Jeff, Leonard "J." Crabs bot when?

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

LifeSunDeath posted:

wow yeah, it added a details like crazy

basic workflow!

generate your base image, with hiresfix as per usual, nothing special

then, make sure you have https://github.com/pkuliyi2015/multidiffusion-upscaler-for-automatic1111 installed as an extension

send your base image to img2img, and mirror your settings exactly (except wildcards if you use those, just paste that image's prompts in), seed and all, EXCEPT denoising, which for adding detail should be around 0.3-0.37

then go to Tiled Diffusion and do this:

swap the tile sizes around if you're doing landscape!

then Tiled Vae and do this:

so you should end up something like this:

slam generate, wait a while, then when it's done

drag the image from the output over to the input, and do it again, and wait CONSIDERABLY longer

then you'd end up with a image that's doubled in size, then doubled again, with enough coherency on the original that it doesn't just become a mass of the same prompt tiled into itself, but also added a ton of detail!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

oh so you did a crazy ivan on the AI and it gave you the old razzle dazzle, v nice.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

KwegiboHB
Feb 2, 2004

nonconformist art brut
Negative prompt: amenable, compliant, docile, law-abiding, lawful, legal, legitimate, obedient, orderly, submissive, tractable
Steps: 32, Sampler: DPM++ 2M Karras, CFG scale: 11, Seed: 520244594, Size: 512x512, Model hash: 99fd5c4b6f, Model: seekArtMEGA_mega20

Thank you for this write-up.

(Have to link, it's 133MB) Korn.png

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

KwegiboHB posted:

Thank you for this write-up.

(Have to link, it's 133MB) Korn.png

very upsetting

thank you

Bob Ross Nuke Test
Jul 12, 2016

by Games Forum

basic workflow!

then, make sure you have https://github.com/pkuliyi2015/multidiffusion-upscaler-for-automatic1111 installed as an extension

send your base image to img2img, and mirror your settings exactly (except wildcards if you use those, just paste that image's prompts in), seed and all, EXCEPT denoising, which for adding detail should be around 0.3-0.37

drag the image from the output over to the input, and do it again, and wait CONSIDERABLY longer

then you'd end up with a image that's doubled in size, then doubled again, with enough coherency on the original that it doesn't just become a mass of the same prompt tiled into itself, but also added a ton of detail!

Could this be used on images generated outside of A1111, say with content originally from MidJourney V5?

KwegiboHB
Feb 2, 2004

nonconformist art brut

Could this be used on images generated outside of A1111, say with content originally from MidJourney V5?

This can be used on any image. The model you choose will have a slight to great effect based on the amount of de-noising done. You can use that on purpose for specific effects.

Should pass on the tip of making an inpainting model out of any model by way of simple A+(B-C) merge. Base model in A, SD1.5-Inpainting in B, SD1.5 in C. That will give you an impainting model for img2img or upscaling to go with the model for base generations.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Just some random images I generated while experimenting with the describe function in Midjourney the last couple days

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

The middle third all look like an online web comic from about a decade ago called "copper" particularly the green one with the boat and the fish

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Yes but it’s not going to be nearly as effective, as running it through with the same prompt and seed is basically forcing it to image2image the original with a new, larger version of the same image with added detail

You’d have to run significantly less denoise on a image you don’t know the prompt/model/etc or else SD is just going to hallucinate entirely new images in the tiles it renders, and with less denoise it’s not going to significantly change or add details

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

basic workflow!

Thanks! Quoting so I can find later, too, let's be honest

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Is this
and these

quote:

something like 'woodcut illustration'?

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

[Edit: starting to think this is probably fake news
Edit Edit: Upon even further inspection it does in fact appear to be real news]

AI wins again!

https://www.eldagsen.com/sony-world-photography-awards-2023/

The guy won a big Sony photography contest with an image that is quite frankly obviously AI generated. He refused the prize though because it wasn't art created in the medium of the contest (rightly so IMO), and just did it to show people they'll have to look out for this stuff.

Now we don't need to have a derail about what is or isn't art or unfair or whatever, but I would like to remark on how I think anyone with experience in AI generation would have had flags going off right away. It's similar to how I can spot ChatGPT's writing style a mile away now.

Nice Van My Man fucked around with this message at 15:32 on Apr 14, 2023

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Fuschia tude posted:

Is this

and these

something like 'woodcut illustration'?

For the bottom 6, the keywords seem to be "in the style of dark blue and red", "Indonesian illustration" and "Konstantin Somov". I basically generated a close approximation to these images and then used "describe" to see what it would generate and what keywords it used. I had personally never heard of Konstantin Somov and looking up his art on Google images, I don't really see the resemblance but hey. If you like what you see here, maybe use his name in the prompt. The ships I'll have to scroll back through Discord and find the prompts but I know woodcut illustration wasn't a part of them.

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

Actually the only place I'm seeing that AI art thing reported is hackernews and that website, so I'm starting to suspect they've been taken in by fake news.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

Nice Van My Man posted:

Actually the only place I'm seeing that AI art thing reported is hackernews and that website, so I'm starting to suspect they've been taken in by fake news.

I don't see how anyone qualified to judge a photography contest (or anyone with eyes) wouldn't immediately spot that it isn't a photograph. There's so much wrong with it, from the inconsistent depth of field to the weird hands (and the extra hand).

Maybe they're getting AIs to judge photography contests now.

(Or more likely it's probably a fake story...)

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

It's tricky because he says Sony took it down. I wouldn't believe him, but it does appear in this Fox News (sorry) gallery of winners:

https://www.foxnews.com/lifestyle/wonderful-world-pictures-jaw-dropping-photos-sony-world-photography-awards-finalists

I don't even know what's real anymore! drat you AI!

Edit: Oh, it also appears here (https://www.worldphoto.org/sony-world-photography-awards/winners-galleries/2023/open/winners/creative-2023-open-competition) on the web archive. In light of this evidence I declaring my final verdict is that it's real.

Nice Van My Man fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Apr 14, 2023

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Mescal
Jul 23, 2005

WhiteHowler posted:

I don't see how anyone qualified to judge a photography contest (or anyone with eyes) wouldn't immediately spot that it isn't a photograph. There's so much wrong with it, from the inconsistent depth of field to the weird hands (and the extra hand).

Maybe they're getting AIs to judge photography contests now.

(Or more likely it's probably a fake story...)

the "inconsistent dof" is not. it's emulating large-format cameras, with their flexible focal fields that the accordion lenses could do funky stuff with. that one looks like a darkroom composite of two large-format portraits; it may have been trained on exactly such photos.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.
Are there any (free ideally) online generators with inpainting and/or img2img? I'm using BlueWillow currently which is "okay" but otherwise lacking.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
You should be able to do all that stuff with Stable Horde.
There is even an addon to use it from the auto1111 webui so you can play with all the same knobs that offline generator users can.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Dog Kisser posted:

Are there any (free ideally) online generators with inpainting and/or img2img? I'm using BlueWillow currently which is "okay" but otherwise lacking.

A stable diffusion Google Colab notebook? You get 4-8 hours a day generally without any issues. Google is very vague and cagey about the hours, complete waste to pay them you still aren't guaranteed anything I'd use a different provider to run a notebook if you are actually going to pay. Google is the best free though.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

pixaal posted:

A stable diffusion Google Colab notebook? You get 4-8 hours a day generally without any issues. Google is very vague and cagey about the hours, complete waste to pay them you still aren't guaranteed anything I'd use a different provider to run a notebook if you are actually going to pay. Google is the best free though.

I've never even heard of that - can I get a... Link? I don't even know what to ask for hehe

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Paid google colab was cool as hell a few years ago before the AI stuff really took off because it was $10/month and that would give you essentially 24/7 access to at least an nvidia titan :(

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Apr 14, 2023

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I did a month of the $10 colab pro and it's kind of an odd value proposition. They give you compute credits, but they're still used when you're only using free tier resources. So the only thing that makes sense is to use the beefiest configuration and run your compute credits down to nothing in just a few hours.

After you're out of compute credits you're basically limited to the free tier except you can choose a high system ram configuration and run multiple colabs at the same time.

They do cut you off after using it for 12 hours in a day though.

repugnant
Jun 29, 2005

You can only think of me.

basic workflow!

Thanks for the workflow! I got it working for my first upscale (basically 960x540 to 1920x1080) but if I try sending the upscaled image back to img2img and hit generate I run out of memory. I have a 12GB card, is there a way to get this method to work on that? I kept dropping the tile sizes lower and lower but couldn't find something that worked.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

repugnant posted:

Thanks for the workflow! I got it working for my first upscale (basically 960x540 to 1920x1080) but if I try sending the upscaled image back to img2img and hit generate I run out of memory. I have a 12GB card, is there a way to get this method to work on that? I kept dropping the tile sizes lower and lower but couldn't find something that worked.

drag it over instead of resending

resending will change the resolutions, dragging it over just puts the new image in there

repugnant
Jun 29, 2005

You can only think of me.

drag it over instead of resending

resending will change the resolutions, dragging it over just puts the new image in there

Awesome, that did the trick! Got about 20 minutes left on my first 4K upscale

repugnant fucked around with this message at 04:01 on Apr 16, 2023

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Pvt. Parts posted:

This right the hell here. Lol at anyone calling training a model on your image "theft". Guess inspiration is theft now.

Also is there really opposition to discussing the ethics of AI art in the thread specifically about AI art vs. the thread about... AI in general?

Finally, what the gently caress is the pAiD Ai aRt iS ThE WoRsT Of cApItAlIsM guy on about? You can get on a Skype video call with folks in South East Asia who will literally molest their children live for the right price and somehow paying for a computer to remix a bunch of art it found online is the Bad Stuff? Here's a tip: "capitalism" has no prognosis for what individual actors will produce under it in order to make money, it just gives them the freedom to do it. You are talking about lovely exploitative people, not a lovely exploitative system. The fact that child-mined minerals somehow came up demonstrates that you clearly do not appreciate the difference.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

capitalism rewards lovely people and so encourages more people to be lovely

also it is by definition a lovely exploitative system, a system is what it does

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Why are we quoting week old posts