Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Star Wars Dioramas continue to be very appealing and also an absolute ripoff. Love the speeder bikes and base but the trees look like rear end. $80 for a great battle pack and some bad trees. Throne room is great but $100 :fuckoff:

I'll get both of them in walmart fire sales

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny
lmao throne room is 100???

also to be needlessly fair to the speeder bike diorama, the trees kind of look movie accurate if memory serves

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
It’s how they just end, they’re actually quite tall but the diorama just clips them in a weird way

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Zwille posted:

I’m fairly sure those are glow in the dark sticks.

Pics: https://www.media.stellantis.com/de-de/peugeot/media-library/press-images/541239

Rumored to be about 200€/$
Officially revealed now
https://brickset.com/article/93650/technic-peugeot-9x8-le-mans-hybrid-hypercar-revealed!
and yeah 200$ (or 279$ Canadian)

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Zwille posted:

lmao throne room is 100???

also to be needlessly fair to the speeder bike diorama, the trees kind of look movie accurate if memory serves

All the dioramas look good and are too much.
That said I like and own the trench run

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
The Dagobah diorama looks great but wasn't fun to build so I hope these are better in that regard. I managed to get trench run and compactor for less than half retail from some person on fb but I haven't built them yet.

The new SSD diorama looks fantastic though.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Weirdly I seem to be the only one who likes all of the dioramas except the trench run. It's the only one I skipped. I've been tempted since it's regularly discounted though. I just don't think the micro fighters look all that greta and it doesn't really scale to anything. I picked up the Trash compactor for like $30 off at walmart and that felt like the right price. For as much crap as that set got it's easily the best one imo. Fun build, my favorite play feature on a SW set, bunch of good figs, ok for display.Agreed with fingers Yodas hut is a cool display, awful build. Probably my least favorite Lego build. Also Vaders meditation chamber is an ok build and display piece. ironically people couldn't believe how expensive it was but it seems tame compared to the newer ones now lol. Oh yeah, also the Bespin duel looks great, mediocre build. That one was much cheaper but there is barely anything to it. It's crazy it was $40.

Also there was suppposed to be a Jabbas throne room one but I guess it got canned or the leaks were wrong? Oh well I have all the old Jabba sets anyways. All those figures just keep getting pricier so I guess I cant complain but the DS throne room treatment would have been cool.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.
I'm quite fond of the SW diorama instructions done by The Creatorr

https://thecreatorrmocs.com/?fbclid=PAAaa8YP3YT66H5wzwQwQ_FSPMmh1WOtxIIbN6UWMNlXAkv_dqybrQX1_LfMY

For example:

There's nothing particularly complicated about any of them but they're all very tidy.

They all work nicely on their own and some connect together as well.

I put in a request for the Bespin dining room and they seemed pretty enthused by the idea.

Lizard Combatant fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Apr 14, 2023

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
LEGO currently has 3x GWP at a $150 threshold. Flower Pot, Spring spare parts set and the off road ambulance (which I think was a GWP last year.)

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots
I'm sure you all know this but I just discovered that you can earn VIP points for buying gift cards. So, gonna spend some money on one during the next Double Points weekend in case something comes out that I might want to get and not have to wait.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Flyinglemur posted:

I'm sure you all know this but I just discovered that you can earn VIP points for buying gift cards. So, gonna spend some money on one during the next Double Points weekend in case something comes out that I might want to get and not have to wait.

Can those gift cards then be used for more VIP points?

If so, we can get a nice thing going on in here where we buy each other gift cards back and forth.

E: just checked this and it is false.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/service/help/lego_vip/lego_vip/earning-and-spending-lego-vip-points-kA009000001dbuQCAQ

You can’t earn or redeem points when you buy LEGO Gift Cards. You’ll earn points when you pay with them, though.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

Waltzing Along posted:

Can those gift cards then be used for more VIP points?

If so, we can get a nice thing going on in here where we buy each other gift cards back and forth.

E: just checked this and it is false.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/service/help/lego_vip/lego_vip/earning-and-spending-lego-vip-points-kA009000001dbuQCAQ

You can’t earn or redeem points when you buy LEGO Gift Cards. You’ll earn points when you pay with them, though.

That's weird because I just got done chatting with someone on the Lego site and they told me it was the other way around.

Also I might have just gotten confused but I didn't think so. Too bad I closed the chat window :( I have a gift cert here I got for Christmas so I guess I will get something on Double Points Days with it.

edit: I thought I would check because earlier this week I bought a $100 gift card to licorice.com for $50 and immediately bought myself $100 worth of licorice for $50, and that got me thinking and here we are.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

They must have been mistaken. There's no way you'd get VIP points for buying gift cards. It would make no sense because it would be totally exploitable and everyone would do it.

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

veni veni veni posted:

They must have been mistaken. There's no way you'd get VIP points for buying gift cards. It would make no sense because it would be totally exploitable and everyone would do it.

That's why I was sharing the info, because it sounded too good to be true. And it was. It's still nice to collect the points when you use them.

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

:kstare: that shuttle

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

I remember seeing a full minifig scale version of that with the released shuttle. It was a LOT of grey wall.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Lizard Combatant posted:

I'm quite fond of the SW diorama instructions done by The Creatorr

https://thecreatorrmocs.com/?fbclid=PAAaa8YP3YT66H5wzwQwQ_FSPMmh1WOtxIIbN6UWMNlXAkv_dqybrQX1_LfMY

For example:

There's nothing particularly complicated about any of them but they're all very tidy.

They all work nicely on their own and some connect together as well.

I put in a request for the Bespin dining room and they seemed pretty enthused by the idea.

These are awesome. Does the Bespin Duel predate the Lego set or vise versa. They are nearly identical.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

tuo posted:

:kstare: that shuttle

Oh my God I know. Instant buy, don't care about the price.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Flowerpot GWP is pretty neat.

Pictured here with a modified Peach Flower, Bird of Paradise and Orchid.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

veni veni veni posted:

These are awesome. Does the Bespin Duel predate the Lego set or vise versa. They are nearly identical.

I believe it predates it, it used to be part of one giant moc before they sensibly broke them up into more display friendly pieces. But i could be off on the timing as to which came first.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Some bigoted shithead got all buttfrustrated about a Lego store employee's Pride pin and made a scene. It made the rounds on Twitter and Instagram.

https://www.newsweek.com/lego-store-customer-harassing-staff-lgbt-pins-viral-video-1794153

The employees stayed calm and collected and Lego released a statement backing up their employees and reasserting support for LGBT inclusion.

"The safety, wellbeing and security of our LEGO retail colleagues is our absolute priority, and we will not tolerate abuse of any kind... We are committed to building a more kind, empathetic and understanding society now, and for future generations and stand by all our colleagues who do that every day by making everyone feel welcome in our stores."

They handled this about as well as possible, imo.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
This rhetoric that stirs these weirdos up has gotten out of hand

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Gonna make my own, non-woke Legos!!!1

Beige and white bricks only. :mad:

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

These people wearing flag pins are sickos I say, as I yell loudly about sucking dicks and eating vaginas in a store full of children. It's them, they are the sickos. Not me, I'm the normal guy.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011
Welcome to the weird and legally distinct world of BrickCool, where arms bend, hands come by the dozens and illegal build techniques litter the model.

I bought the KS001 CyberpunkStreet Corner because I'm a sucker for lights and off colour bricks and this certainly had those in spaces.

Opening the set, I'm immediately met with the Hand Bag, for when you want you off brand Lego to throw gang signs of thumbs up.

They also did something that I wish Lego would do; Keep the special printed pieces in their own seperate bag. When it came time to hunt down signs of transparent plates, I was able to just check the bag to the side.
As I built the diner, I came across some unusual pieces / design choices that had me confused.

But, once it was all put together and lit up, it certainly looked the part:

I have since bought the Gentleman's Cafe set and it looks like there's going to be more released down the line, including a Cyberpunk Bike repair shop.

Other
Jul 10, 2007

Post it easy!
Huh, some of those unusual parts originate from Mega Bloks/Mega Construx, I've never seen them duplicated by another company before, neat

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Is there a reason Lego has never made a piece like this? I thought it was because it was impossible to mold properly but apparently not

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I remember an off-brand oil tanker had pieces like that and I treasured them more than any other, so useful.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

That piece is an instrument of evil. It is haram.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

I'm building the Up house today, as an early birthday present, and the piece quality is noticeably bellow Lego standards. There's moulding marks everywhere that are thick enough as to make the pieces fit together badly.

This is the first none 18+ set I've built in a while, is this common these days?

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome

Lego Peugeot Hypercar in the pits at Portimao practice today.

Stormangel
Sep 28, 2001
No, I'm not a girl.

ijyt posted:

I remember an off-brand oil tanker had pieces like that and I treasured them more than any other, so useful.

Growing up we had 2x2 double studded plates that were branded "Tyco" that were from their 80's Super Block line. They were a point of contention between my brother and I as there were only a handful and we both wanted to use them in every build.

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

veni veni veni posted:

Star Wars Dioramas continue to be very appealing and also an absolute ripoff. Love the speeder bikes and base but the trees look like rear end. $80 for a great battle pack and some bad trees. Throne room is great but $100 :fuckoff:

I'll get both of them in walmart fire sales

i almost want them to just sell the base frame for the diorama by itself, for like idk 20-30 bucks, and then i can build on top of that. be a really nice and easy way to get into MOC diorama stuff. its not like those are rare pieces but it'd be nice to have a prebuilt baseplate and then go crazy

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I think LEGO might be back to pre-pandemic normal. I placed an order and received shipping info yesterday. It had been taking up to a week or more.

Sexual Lorax
Mar 17, 2004

HERE'S TO FUCKING

Fun Shoe

RatHat posted:

Is there a reason Lego has never made a piece like this? I thought it was because it was impossible to mold properly but apparently not

i am dead serious when i say its fine for people to be gay but forbidden for bricks to be gay

fake edit this is a throwaway low effort joke about the double studded brick i am well aware there are plenty of non hetero snot bricks

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

:pusheen:

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

PriorMarcus posted:

I'm building the Up house today, as an early birthday present, and the piece quality is noticeably bellow Lego standards. There's moulding marks everywhere that are thick enough as to make the pieces fit together badly.

This is the first none 18+ set I've built in a while, is this common these days?

I've noticed this too; bigger, uglier, and less-well-trimmed sprue marks. I've actually had to take some of my model kit sanding files to reduce some of them.

PowerBeard
Sep 4, 2011

:perfect:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

What are y'all doing with your old instructions?

I think I've finally gotten over the idea of hanging onto old boxes - I might hang into a few for particularly big or special sets, but I'm making a bit of an effort to stop keeping new ones and throw out some of the old ones I had stuck in a closet. I'll probably be forever too lazy to resell any of these sets, or they'll be missing odds and ends (like minifigs) that the box probably wont do anything meaningful to the resale value.

But now I also have drawers and drawers full of old instructions. I feel weirder about throwing them away despite all the instructions being available online, but their inconsistent sizes also makes them annoying to stack in drawers.