Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Bishyaler posted:

Advocating for people being shot on SomethingAwful? Consult this handy chart!

Russian civilians: ✅
People who don't take the COVID vaccine: ✅
Corporate ghouls: ❌
antifa joe camel really hosed it up for the rest of us

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013

Bishyaler posted:

so true :smugdon:

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

look the forum is finally falling asleep don't you dare fuckin wake it back up

Second Hand Meat Mouth
Sep 12, 2001
the forum is woke now??

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Wheeee posted:

look the forum is finally falling asleep don't you dare fuckin wake it back up
just massively jetlagged

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Bishyaler posted:

there were kids you d&d dumbass

Complications
Jun 19, 2014

tristeham posted:

there were kids you d&dumbass

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Bishyaler posted:

Add 'Israeli 'civilians'' to the list and I'm in.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

POWELL CURES KIDS
Aug 26, 2016

ikanreed posted:

To drop the veil of irony that is my only means of dealing with the horrific reality of a human being arming up and slaughtering children for indescribably alien motivations: of course this is poo poo and even bankers should be free from random, brutal violence.

let's not run around saying stupid poo poo, now

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

POWELL CURES KIDS posted:

let's not run around saying stupid poo poo, now

They should be free of random violence.

They should not be free of planned, duly considered violence by a vanguard.

POWELL CURES KIDS
Aug 26, 2016

ikanreed posted:

They should be free of random violence.

They should not be free of planned, duly considered violence by a vanguard.

actually, bankers being homo sacer is praxis

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Stating for the record here that by posting on these forums is no way to be taken as my endorsement of the opinions of other users. I absolutely and completely condemn threats of violence and wishes of violence against any person, real or otherwise.

Cyber Punk 90210
Jan 7, 2004

The War Has Changed
In response to the new Facebook guidelines loving Goons, I hereby declare that my copyright is attached to all of my personal details, illustrations, comics, paintings, professional photos and videos, etc. (as a result of the Berner Convention). For commercial use of the above my written consent is needed at all times!

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

cowards

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
being mastershakeman: ❌

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
Hey for everyone coming over from SAD to gawk, here's a real thread highlight u should see

T-Paine posted:

In West Philadelphia born and grazed♫
in the hospital is where I spent most of my days♫

Honky Mao
Dec 26, 2012

Drafting up ideas for a separate actionable threats thread, not sure if this will be a big tent thing or split into two threads for public figures+class enemies/fellow posters

Vomik
Jul 29, 2003

This post is dedicated to the brave Mujahideen fighters of Afghanistan

the bitcoin of weed posted:

you can't just poke around the edges of our horrific education system and hope to meaningfully affect outcomes the whole rotten thing needs to be pulled down and rebuilt
not even getting into the many more issues that exist purely because of the circumstances of life outside school, which gets into political economy and basic social units and how everything on every level is just cycles of abuse meant to perpetuate an increasingly unstable and disconnected hierarchy that grinds some 90% of the population into chowder

the dems/republicans want everyone to think this so they can agree and tear down this whole rotten thing.

except they're going to define the rotten thing as "free education"

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Homeless Friend posted:

Wakko
Jun 9, 2002
Faboo!

SorePotato posted:

Drafting up ideas for a separate actionable threats thread, not sure if this will be a big tent thing or split into two threads for public figures+class enemies/fellow posters

it's legit extremely funny that as sectarian violence ramps up in america, somethingawful.com is now the most peaceful social media site. your grandma is saying more of [those people] need to be killed on facebook, twitter is run by a guy nakedly espousing genociding trans folks and the average tumblr post looks like this

however you feel the mods should be modding, the journey from 2001 to here has been poetic

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Homeless Friend posted:

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

The Louisvillle shooter seems very normie. No unhinged manifestos or 4chan screeds or whatever. There are pictures of him wearing a helmet while playing college basketball though. Wonder if he had brain damage and snapped like a chris benoit. add our hell country to the mix and the mental health emergency is an ar-15 at work

Brrrmph
Feb 27, 2016

Слава Україні!

biceps crimes posted:

The Louisvillle shooter seems very normie. No unhinged manifestos or 4chan screeds or whatever. There are pictures of him wearing a helmet while playing college basketball though. Wonder if he had brain damage and snapped like a chris benoit. add our hell country to the mix and the mental health emergency is an ar-15 at work

maybe on the brain damage.

quote:

He was being treated for depression and anxiety and was receiving medication for those diagnoses, his family’s lawyer said on Wednesday.

The lawyer, Pete Palmer, said Mr. Sturgeon had also sustained three concussions in junior high or high school while playing sports. It was not clear if those concussions were connected to his depression and anxiety.

https://www.nytimes.com/article/louisville-bank-shooting.html

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005
Avatar blanked by Admin request.

maybe he was on citalopram and had a manic episode because of a bad dosage or mixing with coffee/alcohol/drugs

or, just, maybe he thought he was privileged and deserved more than what he got

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
maybe it was reefer madness

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

dont brain injuries and concussions and mass shootings go back to the texas clocktower guy?

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
he probably read cspam

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

idk. white guys bad and death cult American culture and such, etc, but this guy seems like an anomaly

seems bad to have high volume killing machines readily accessible in a society that will undoubtedly have people going through brain death from cte

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007
brain damage: ✅
depression: ✅
anxiety: ✅
C-SPAM poster: ✅

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

biceps crimes posted:

you dont think the years of playing football and cte had anything to do with it?

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

AnimeIsTrash posted:

you dont think the years of playing football and cte had anything to do with it?

im just posting after skimming an article that showed him in a helmet while playing basketball. it probably does

e: shooter was commenting about pokemon and basketball within the past month on le reddit
https://web.archive.org/web/20230410152836/https://www.reddit.com/user/csturg41

ee: just kinda being naive and tripping out on how little he fits the typical shooter profile. i wonder if anything else is going to emerge?

likes fortnite
https://web.archive.org/web/20190711174105/https://www.reddit.com/user/CSturg41

posts normie pics with friends and gf
https://i.redd.it/af7e7e4dd4ta1.jpg

posts lib poo poo
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FtX-Y1JXoBoQ7Lu?format=png&name=small

biceps crimes has issued a correction as of 17:25 on Apr 15, 2023

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

Wakko posted:

it's legit extremely funny that as sectarian violence ramps up in america, somethingawful.com is now the most peaceful social media site. your grandma is saying more of [those people] need to be killed on facebook, twitter is run by a guy nakedly espousing genociding trans folks and the average tumblr post looks like this

however you feel the mods should be modding, the journey from 2001 to here has been poetic

That's because SA is in that sweet spot where the user demographic is predominantly not boomers or zoomers. Also it's just an old school forum and I will never think of forums as "social media" and I don't think most people do either which is good because that means its not infested with social media type people.

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

I think it is possible that an otherwise normal person is gonna snap and do a workplace shooting from time to time and there doesn’t have be some cause behind it that we’re not seeing

worlds pretty hosed up, not every shooter has to be bobby crimo levels of weird

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

i dont think there's a conspiracy or anything. and maybe im naive but the last time i remember something like this was with stephen paddock, who didn't fit the profile at all and had no clear motivation. maybe it's not the start of a new pattern, idk. just thinking about the latest phenomenon in this hell country and how or if it's changing

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

I mean, when you have weekly mass shootings you're gonna get every sort of person doing one sooner or later.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Wolfy posted:

I think it is possible that an otherwise normal person is gonna snap and do a workplace shooting from time to time and there doesn’t have be some cause behind it that we’re not seeing

worlds pretty hosed up, not every shooter has to be bobby crimo levels of weird

violence has been a part of the human condition for as long as humans have walked the earth, what’s unusual is the recent trend of attempting to pathologize it

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

McCracAttack posted:

I mean, when you have weekly mass shootings you're gonna get every sort of person doing one sooner or later.

When someone in a mobility device finally goes they'll be the Rascal Shooter

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

biceps crimes posted:

i dont think there's a conspiracy or anything. and maybe im naive but the last time i remember something like this was with stephen paddock, who didn't fit the profile at all and had no clear motivation. maybe it's not the start of a new pattern, idk. just thinking about the latest phenomenon in this hell country and how or if it's changing
Yeah I wasn’t trying to imply you thought it was a conspiracy.

i agree most shooters are total fuckin losers and this one is definitely weird

Ferdinand Bardamu
Apr 30, 2013
https://twitter.com/acyn/status/1646959432536936466

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Wheeee posted:

violence has been a part of the human condition for as long as humans have walked the earth, what’s unusual is the recent trend of attempting to pathologize it

Why does this happen in the US at like one hundred times the rate of anywhere else in the world