Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

I don't want to be sex trafficked, Have Mercy.

Well post better then.

At least that's what I was taught at school. I didn't go to a particularly good school, so I don't know maybe that's not the best advice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Alan Smithee posted:

Just Kidding is going to cast black Hermione so she can go "see!?"

This is one million percent gonna happen

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Alan Smithee posted:

Just Kidding is going to cast black Hermione so she can go "see!?"

Gonna be extremely funny when all the chuds turn on her for making Harry Potter woke

smackfu
Jun 7, 2004

Grendels Dad posted:

Thomas Crown Affair, give me a loving break.

Rich art thief falls in love with the insurance investigator chasing him seems like a movie-sized plot. Also the particular cast was a lot of the attraction of that movie.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

smackfu posted:

Rich art thief falls in love with the insurance investigator chasing him seems like a movie-sized plot. Also the particular cast was a lot of the attraction of that movie.

Maybe they're going to get the Walking Dead writers to do it so "Rich art thief falls in love with the insurance investigator chasing him" can get two seasons just for the initial art theft.

Neo Rasa fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Apr 15, 2023

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Neo Rasa posted:

Maybe they're going to get the Walking Dead writers to do it so "Rich art thief falls in love with the insurance investigator chasing him" can get two seasons just for the initial art theft.

I feel like this is just gonna turn into Sly Cooper.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Piell posted:

Gonna be extremely funny when all the chuds turn on her for making Harry Potter woke

Yeah, they might be trying to plan for seven seasons over ten years, but if they cast a black girl for Herimone, that poo poo ain't lasting past one season. The only liberals watching this tend to be the closet racist ones with nostalgia for the films, and they'd bemoan why they couldn't get someone that looks like Emma Watson.

I wonder if the lopsided timeframe means we will have wait 3 years for the first season, since they clearly haven't cast anyone yet in time for the Max presentation.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
The different houses get power armor based on their patron.

Spells now have Dr. STRANGE style effects.

Professpr Quirrell will now be a woman, to really drive home the terfdom.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
It's still lol they didn't do a Harry Potter animated series, which woulda fit perfectly, but you know how people are like about cartoons.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Young Freud posted:

I wonder if the lopsided timeframe means we will have wait 3 years for the first season, since they clearly haven't cast anyone yet in time for the Max presentation.

Optimistic of you to think that Max will last that long.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Beau is Afraid is getting polarized takes. I’m very curious to see it myself. Missed a Q&A with ari Aster and joker man which is like okay whatever but also Nathan Fielder was there apparently so I must have missed being in the Rehearsal season 2

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It's still lol they didn't do a Harry Potter animated series, which woulda fit perfectly, but you know how people are like about cartoons.

Meanwhile Nintendo and Illumination swimming in money.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Alhazred posted:

Optimistic of you to think that Max will last that long.

Maybe that's what they're counting on. Max implodes in a year or two, David Zaslav and his Discovery bros get shitcanned, and Warner Bros. quietly pulls the plug on Joanne's big retcon comeback.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Mad max

Cool Kids Club Soda
Aug 20, 2010
😎❄️🌃🥤🧋🍹👌💯

The accepted term is Neurodivergent Max

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

Alan Smithee posted:

Beau is Afraid is getting polarized takes. I’m very curious to see it myself. Missed a Q&A with ari Aster and joker man which is like okay whatever but also Nathan Fielder was there apparently so I must have missed being in the Rehearsal season 2

Beau Is Afraid clapped the cheeks of my brain.

This is a compliment fyi

Black Lighter
Sep 6, 2010

Just keep looking at what we're doing, keep watering and ask yourselves first and know 'Are you watering? And are you fertilizing every day?' So when it's time to pop, it'll pop.

Alan Smithee posted:

Beau is Afraid is getting polarized takes.

It's giving me 'Film Twitter will have lovely hot takes about it but in ten years everybody will say they always thought it was a masterpiece' vibes.

Heavy_D
Feb 16, 2002

"rararararara" contains the meaning of everything, kept in simple rectangular structures

real glad that Joe Pera Talks To You got cancelled in service of this

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Alan Smithee posted:

From the first trailer I got 'Ari Aster does a Wes Anderson film' vibe. Is this remotely close to it, or...?

X-Ray Pecs
May 11, 2008

New York
Ice Cream
TV
Travel
~Good Times~

The Saddest Rhino posted:

The house slave subplot in the books were almost excised in the film versions, hermione spent one or two books trying to start activist efforts to free house elves from slavery but everyone incl the good guys treat her as an annoying scold, it ultimately ended with the house elves going "we really enjoy being slaves so your actions are bad for us" and that one named house elf is considered an insane outlier

Dobby the house elf. Even after he was freed, he basically acted like a house elf towards Harry Potter as thanks for Harry’s part in helping free him.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Don't worry, he died for the crime of daring to be free

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Samovar posted:

From the first trailer I got 'Ari Aster does a Wes Anderson film' vibe. Is this remotely close to it, or...?

I felt a similarish vibe but with Charile Kaufman .

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
I liked Midsommar but "Ari Aster mimicking Charlie Kaufman" is a pitch scientifically designed to make me never see a movie.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Baron von Eevl posted:

I liked Midsommar but "Ari Aster mimicking Charlie Kaufman" is a pitch scientifically designed to make me never see a movie.

god that's spot on

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Wondering if it has naked boomers in it because his other two have me convinced he’s Tarantino for naked boomers

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Alan Smithee posted:

Wondering if it has naked boomers in it because his other two have me convinced he’s Tarantino for naked boomers

Honestly not far off from Charlie Kaufman either.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Apparently Beau is Afraid has Joaquin Phoenix lighten up a bit, at the behest of Nathan Lane.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Alan Smithee posted:

Several of the reviews I've seen have mentioned droopy testicles, so yeah, there's gonna be naked boomers.

Time Cowboy
Nov 4, 2007

But Tarzan... The strangest thing has happened! I'm as bare... as the day I was born!
Who Greenlighted 2023: Several reviews mentioned droopy testicles

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Big Money Salvia taught me that naked old men is praxis.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Maybe the movie just involves a Hanna Barbera themed hallucination.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Droopy ding dongs and tiddys are scary whats the confusion

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Asterite34 posted:

Does that make the Yoshi tongue thing an ahegao face?

How is this not already the thread title? Too long?

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Time Cowboy posted:

Who Greenlighted 2023: Several reviews mentioned droopy testicles

We need this.

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

1stGear posted:

Several of the reviews I've seen have mentioned droopy testicles, so yeah, there's gonna be naked boomers.

I saw it last night at a screener. Its only Joaquin's testicles and Parker Posey is naked. The movie is a three hour fever dream.

smug n stuff
Jul 21, 2016

A Hobbit's Adventure

SPACE HOMOS posted:

I saw it last night at a screener. Its only Joaquin's testicles and Parker Posey is naked. The movie is a three hour fever dream.

I also saw it last night - it's true, the ratio (time Phoenix is hanging dong)/(time Phoenix is naked) is extremely low, which I think is probably a) thematically relevant and b) contractual in some way.
Nevertheless, I think you're underselling the amount of genitalia onscreen. The first hour features a prominent character who is always full-frontal nude, and the climax (:D) features a giant penis monster

SPACE HOMOS
Jan 12, 2005

smug n stuff posted:

I also saw it last night - it's true, the ratio (time Phoenix is hanging dong)/(time Phoenix is naked) is extremely low, which I think is probably a) thematically relevant and b) contractual in some way.
Nevertheless, I think you're underselling the amount of genitalia onscreen. The first hour features a prominent character who is always full-frontal nude, and the climax (:D) features a giant penis monster

Birthday Boy Stab Man is naked thats true.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
are we certain ari aster is a human being and not just a collection of neuroses in a skin suit

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

More Godzilla and King Kong, who are also both nude

Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire

quote:

This latest entry in the Monsterverse franchise follows up the explosive showdown of Godzilla vs. Kong with an all-new cinematic adventure, pitting the almighty Kong and the fearsome Godzilla against a colossal undiscovered threat hidden within our world, challenging
their very existence—and our own. The epic new film will delve further into the histories of these Titans, their origins, and the mysteries of Skull Island and beyond, while uncovering the mythic battle that helped forge these extraordinary beings and tied them to humankind forever.

KxG2
stars Dan Stevens, Fala Chen, and Rachel House

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck
I recall liking the first Godzilla and the first Kong movie, but I tuned out like 20 minutes into the versus one despite it by that point already introducing the idea of a hollow Earth into the movie. It just could not grab my attention, but I like to think it just kept introducing more insane concepts and by the end of the movie it's full Timecube and like 9 hours long.

Tars Tarkas posted:

Dan Stevens

Glad to see he's getting work, Legion was a masterpiece.