Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Quetzadilla posted:

Opened my first collectors reserve today and it was: a title :(. I'm guessing this is a fixed reward for the first cache but it's a real stinker.

It's not fixed, you just have a 1 in 4 chance to get a cosmetic from your first box. You get groups of Cosmetic, Credits/Gold, Tokens and Card, and once you've had one you won't get another until the next group. As you've just hit 1k CL you're actually in a very good position to track what you're due, especially the S4 cards that are guaranteed in one of ten Card boxes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Bandit
Feb 6, 2005
Shit, I'm a free man and I haven't had a conjugal visit in six months
Do chapter missions stick around when the new chapter opens?

My current Chapter 2 mission is to upgrade cards but I’m trying to wait until next week to upgrade at all.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

Jack Bandit posted:

Do chapter missions stick around when the new chapter opens?

My current Chapter 2 mission is to upgrade cards but I’m trying to wait until next week to upgrade at all.

They stay open until the end of the season.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
I was keeping an eye out for Thanos in the token shop but Galactus popped up today, is it worth opting for him instead?

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

Starsnostars posted:

I was keeping an eye out for Thanos in the token shop but Galactus popped up today, is it worth opting for him instead?

I bought Galactus first and don’t regret it, but Thanos is the better card for actually winning.

You need quite a few Pool 3/4 cards to play Galactus competently

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

Yeah Shadow King seems like a good card now after the buff. Before there was litte reason to not just run Shang instead, but now he costs 1 less and is useful also against some weaker cards.

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Bisse posted:

Yeah Shadow King seems like a good card now after the buff. Before there was litte reason to not just run Shang instead, but now he costs 1 less and is useful also against some weaker cards.

And can get buffed in a Surfer deck.

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!

Starsnostars posted:

Not from a numbers perspective. Thanos is the better card with more options for playing out of the box.
If you don't have knull already then it's 100% Thanos as well.

In fact I'd go so far as to say the smoothest progression for getting both is Thanos, knull then Galactus.

This gives you the best deck building proggression.

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps

SweetJahasus posted:

Yessssssss. Not with Kirby but I'll take it.

Now the trick is, do I continue to add borders or keep it white. I'm so torn on doing this with all of my inks.

Congrats! I think inks look better at infinite border than un-upgraded. I leave some at orange/red borders if the logo/flare works well with it but I always want the frame break, animation, and to a lesser extent, the shiny logo.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
Not to jinx it but does anyone get ink/gold splits very consistently? Every card I've split five times (all five of them) has an ink or a gold and some have both, the rumored 10% rates for each after the 4th split don't seem accurate.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Apr 15, 2023

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

After Thanos and Darkhawk I recently got Galactus, but I pretty much have him collecting dust until I get Knull. I'm still having fun with the other two, so I don't feel the need to mess around without a card that's such a good fit for Galactus.

I have Knull pinned, but I'm going to wait for the new season announcement post to make sure I have 6k in time for High Evolutionary next month. I'm sure I'll earn enough tokens being pool 3 complete, but I'll save the math until then.

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps

No Wave posted:

Not to jinx it but does anyone get ink/gold splits very consistently? Every card I've split five times (all five of them) has an ink or a gold and some have both, the rumored 10% rates for each after the 4th split don't seem accurate.

Well, since 10% each sums to 20%, it’s not too surprising if you get one of them in 5 splits. You have a 28% chance to have one of them after the 5th split.

DrOgreface fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Apr 15, 2023

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I've had three golds and one ink so far. Ink looks so much better than gold.

godogg
Dec 29, 2008
My wife just picked up Deathsquawk from the shop and then opened Snowguard from a reserve. I needed a place to vent about how jealous I am. Very jealous

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

DrOgreface posted:

Well, since 10% each sums to 20%, it’s not too surprising if you get one of them in 5 splits. You have a 28% chance to have one of them after the 5th split.
By that math I have a .6% chance of hitting either on all four of the cards I split five times, so it's possible I'm just very lucky but I'm curious what others' experience here is. If people here have regularly gone 7 splits without either then I'll just accept it as a highroll.

stev posted:

I've had three golds and one ink so far. Ink looks so much better than gold.
I prefer gold by a lot in general but some variants are really good inked.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Second Dinner really needs to remove the avatars of nazi characters like the Red Skull. Just ran into another player with that avatar and the username "Hero"

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Mierenneuker posted:

After Thanos and Darkhawk I recently got Galactus, but I pretty much have him collecting dust until I get Knull. I'm still having fun with the other two, so I don't feel the need to mess around without a card that's such a good fit for Galactus.

I have Knull pinned, but I'm going to wait for the new season announcement post to make sure I have 6k in time for High Evolutionary next month. I'm sure I'll earn enough tokens being pool 3 complete, but I'll save the math until then.

Nimrod and Wolverine can make a good compliment to Galactus too for turn 6 plays. You can make a deck with the three of them and Destroyer for an alternate win.

GarudaPrime
May 19, 2006

THE PANTS ARE FANCY!

No Wave posted:

By that math I have a .6% chance of hitting either on all four of the cards I split five times, so it's possible I'm just very lucky but I'm curious what others' experience here is. If people here have regularly gone 7 splits without either then I'll just accept it as a highroll.

I prefer gold by a lot in general but some variants are really good inked.

It's a highroll for sure, but a really small sample size. When I first started my first 4 eligible splits all rolled as Inked, I just assumed they always did, then my luck evened out. I know its not the case but it does feel like more then 20 % to get a gold or Ink split in general.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

GarudaPrime posted:

It's a highroll for sure, but a really small sample size. When I first started my first 4 eligible splits all rolled as Inked, I just assumed they always did, then my luck evened out. I know its not the case but it does feel like more then 20 % to get a gold or Ink split in general.
I'm primarily asking because I don't know where the 10% number came from. It could have come from people counting their splits before they knew the 4+ rule, the number's been around for a long time. Or some other mechanic who knows. Your odds of hitting four inks in a row on the fourth split is .01% which is within the realm of possibility but it's pretty darn rare.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Apr 15, 2023

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:

No Wave posted:

I was curious so I looked at the cards I've split 4+ times.
Ant-Man: 4 splits, no ink/gold
Apocalypse: 6 splits, 1 ink, 1 gold
Colleen Wing: 5 splits, 1 ink, 1 gold
Cosmo: 4 splits, 1 ink
Dracula: 8 splits, 2 ink and a rainbow krackle but it's on a foil :(
Iceman: 4 splits, 1 ink
Morbius: 6 splits, 1 ink
Storm: 5 splits, 1 ink

Yes, I've played some discard.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Devo posted:

I was curious so I looked at the cards I've split 4+ times.
Ant-Man: 4 splits, no ink/gold
Apocalypse: 6 splits, 1 ink, 1 gold
Colleen Wing: 5 splits, 1 ink, 1 gold
Cosmo: 4 splits, 1 ink
Dracula: 8 splits, 2 ink and a rainbow krackle but it's on a foil :(
Iceman: 4 splits, 1 ink
Morbius: 6 splits, 1 ink
Storm: 5 splits, 1 ink

Yes, I've played some discard.
Awesome, thanks so much! This is an unbelievably unlikely outcome if 10% is correct, rolling inks on 40% of your eligible splits is so high by comparison. It seems likely that they changed the odds at some point post-release now that there's a larger card pool (and after noticing normal players just weren't getting inks ever).

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!

Scrap Dragon posted:

Second Dinner really needs to remove the avatars of nazi characters like the Red Skull. Just ran into another player with that avatar and the username "Hero"

Thanos did nothing wrong.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Is there a way to see how many times youve split cards easily? I don't think I've ever split a card 4 times anyway.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Aramoro posted:

Is there a way to see how many times youve split cards easily? I don't think I've ever split a card 4 times anyway.
I just show all variants in the full collection view and eyeball it.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Aramoro posted:

In collection view, tap the card, tap the four rectangle button, look at the variants.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Yeah I just opened up the collection, sorted by name, and then looked at where I had a ton of the same card.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
I am now Pool 3 complete, as I understand it the game’s progression drags at this point. At least there’s a nice Pool 3 drop I can quickly get.

My love for the game has been rekindled with No Wave’s Thanos Ongoing deck. I love Devil Dino so much.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
After two pretty disappointing season pass cards, I’m having a lot of fun with Hit Monkey.

So far this is my favorite version.

quote:

# (1) The Hood
# (1) Ant Man
# (1) Bast
# (1) Iceman
# (1) Quinjet
# (2) Angela
# (2) Hit-Monkey
# (2) Beast
# (2) Goose
# (2) Mysterio
# (3) Bishop
# (4) Moon Girl
#
eyJDYXJkcyI6W3siQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSG9vZCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSGl0TW9ua2V5In0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJCZWFzdCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiR29vc2UifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6Ik15c3RlcmlvIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJNb29uR2lybCJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiSWNlbWFuIn0seyJDYXJkRGVmSWQiOiJBbnRNYW4ifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IlF1aW5qZXQifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkJhc3QifSx7IkNhcmREZWZJZCI6IkFuZ2VsYSJ9LHsiQ2FyZERlZklkIjoiQmlzaG9wIn1dfQ==

Quinjet is almost wasted there, because it discounts few cards. But one of those cards is HM and you can have ridiculously explosive final turns when it hits.

The deck folds to Sandman but does surprisingly well against Galactus. Goose can ruin their plans outright and planning ahead with Beast to bounce things means you can drop a lot of power on the last turn.

This deck has helped me get better at thinking multiple turns ahead.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Heh.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Scrap Dragon posted:

Report them. Just using Red Skull isn't enough, obviously, but adding a title like that is offensive and they'll be made to change it.

I agree, though, that Red Skull avatar needs to be removed along with the loving chibi variant.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

JackDarko posted:

I am now Pool 3 complete, as I understand it the game’s progression drags at this point. At least there’s a nice Pool 3 drop I can quickly get.

Last new card I got was Galactus from the token shop. Last card I got from a cache was Knull which was in February I think.

Got Thanos pinned to max things up a bit when I get the tokens

DrOgreface
Jun 22, 2013

His Evil Never Sleeps

No Wave posted:

Awesome, thanks so much! This is an unbelievably unlikely outcome if 10% is correct, rolling inks on 40% of your eligible splits is so high by comparison. It seems likely that they changed the odds at some point post-release now that there's a larger card pool (and after noticing normal players just weren't getting inks ever).

Here’s my stats for the 4th split of a character (if you view a character in your collection, it shows your splits in order). Out of 23 4th splits, I got ink 7 times and no ink 16 times. Binomial probability says I should have a less than 1% chance of hitting this if it’s only a 10% chance of an ink. So maybe something is going on.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

I only have 2 cards with 4 splits. Neither are inked or gold.

blakelmenakle
Sep 1, 2007
AHEM! There's sand on my boots!
I've only got one 4 split so far but it was inked.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
My stats on the deck I'm specifically trying to full ink:
Card 1: 7 splits, 1 gold (6th split), 1 ink (7th split)
Card 2: 5 splits, 1 ink
Card 3: 6 splits, 1 ink (Krackle on 6)
Card 4: 4 splits, 1 ink
Card 5: 5 splits, 1 ink
Card 6: 4 splits, 1 ink -- switched to a variant, 1 gold (5th split), 2 more splits without gold or ink.
Card 7: 8 splits, 1 gold (6th split) (Krackle on 8)
Card 8: 6 splits, no gold/ink
Card 9: 4 splits, 1 ink
Card 10: 7 splits, 1 gold
Card 11: 8 splits, 2 gold (7th and 8th split)
Card 12: 10 splits, 2 gold (6th and 9th split) 1 ink (10th split) (Krackle on 10)

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo

Jedit posted:

Report them. Just using Red Skull isn't enough, obviously, but adding a title like that is offensive and they'll be made to change it.

I agree, though, that Red Skull avatar needs to be removed along with the loving chibi variant.

I eagerly await the guilty verdict on using an in game available avatar and title.

Pixeltendo
Mar 2, 2012

My opponent thought he was so clever.

Turn 3 he Green goblins my lane, I put Electro down.
Turn 5 I use Destroyer to get rid of those, he puts Nova down for a Turn 6 Killmonger.
Turn 6 I had priority :discourse:

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Made it to level 55. I feel like my Darkhawk deck is doing pretty well so far

Snazzy Frocks
Mar 31, 2003

Scratchmo
Threw my infinite getting game with bad math and then dropped back to 98.9 so time to take a break!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Snazzy Frocks posted:

I eagerly await the guilty verdict on using an in game available avatar and title.

Obviously nobody is going to be banned just for using a Red Skull avatar, but combined with a title or username that has some implications there'll be action taken. There was a shithead in the beta who called his account "ZelenskyMustBe" and used the Death avatar. It took a while, but SD did something about him. And you'll sometimes see someone in the Discord asking why their account has been suspended and being told they had an offensive username/avatar/title combo. So it happens.