Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
HARDEST kong to ESCAPE from
This poll is closed.
Donkey Kong 8 4.88%
Diddy Kong 3 1.83%
Dixie Kong 8 4.88%
Funky Kong 49 29.88%
Chunky Kong 8 4.88%
Bluster Kong 5 3.05%
Lanky Kong (demanded by Cheetah) 53 32.32%
Max Castillo 6 3.66%
Billy Mitchell 18 10.98%
Steve Wiebe 6 3.66%
Total: 164 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Infinitum posted:

This looks cool, but a I really wish that the boat wasn't fully static, including the sails, when the rest of the scene has physics enabled items.

this level is already a nightmare to navigate without falling in the water, i don't think making the boats move would help lmao

also i don't think team ninja's got the technical know how to pull off moving terrain without just totally breaking the engine

edit: also it's basically a straight copy of a level from nioh 2 lol

Kerrzhe fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Apr 15, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/stephentotilo/status/1647031980263915521

So Sega isn't buying the Angry Birds...yet

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
He's called Cliffy B because he has no A game to speak of

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Infinitum posted:

Can't remember where I was reading or watching it, but isn't he just a massive screaming techbro at this point?

Also
https://twitter.com/therealcliffyb/status/1646977146215178240

:qq:

Yep, while his company was failing really hard, he was spending all of his time on twitter asking his followers to stalk and harass women, and then he fired all of his employees over twitter and announced there the company was closing.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Yeah, well, who hasn't.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i haven't done that, for the record

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i also haven't done that

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
Okay I haven't done a lot of stuff either don't see me bragging about it

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I have done a lot of things.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I still haven't played the Legend Of Zelda: The BReath of The Wild

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

I know he's probably known for better stuff but I simply can't stop thinking of Cliffy as the Dare to Dream guy

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I spent all night playing six ages, as I’ve never beaten it, and drat I seem to lose nine raids out of ten. So while I don’t typically ragequit I do rage-restart a lot, the constant losses are starting to get to me

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Jay Rust posted:

I spent all night playing six ages, as I’ve never beaten it, and drat I seem to lose nine raids out of ten. So while I don’t typically ragequit I do rage-restart a lot, the constant losses are starting to get to me

successful raiding is very non-obvious. I don't remember the details but my past self does. Hopefully this is helpful:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3859663&pagenumber=14&perpage=40#post486070291

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Vital intel! Thanks

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'm really hyped for six ages 2. I have a few of the originals for six ages art hanging on my wall. Sad that the ritual art was all digital so there were no originals for them.

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Dabir posted:

I still haven't played the Legend Of Zelda: The BReath of The Wild

I only played for the first time a little bit ago. It's very good! The weapon degradation thing is different to a lot of titles but it's not a problem. There are weapons *everywhere*, you just don't get attached to them. Let go of possessions, embrace the transient nature of material things, and hit a weird little goblin dude with the stick you found.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

You should be able to put Zod runes in them to make them permanent. With the same drop chance.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
it was my birthday yesterday so i went to an infertility clinic, watched the mario movie which was alright but a bit safe and then had a mcdonalds got stoned and played dota, it was a good day

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Remember Final Fantasy 7? It's back in the Digital Card form!!

https://store.na.square-enix-games.com/en_US/product/764038/final-fantasy-vii-anniversary-art-museum-digital-card-plus-display

Hopefully this is the extent of Square's big NFT push, but probably not.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Watch how easily I pirate this NFT

rox
Sep 7, 2016

JollyBoyJohn posted:

it was my birthday yesterday so i went to an infertility clinic, watched the mario movie which was alright but a bit safe and then had a mcdonalds got stoned and played dota, it was a good day

happy belated birthday:cheers:

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh

HopperUK posted:

I only played for the first time a little bit ago. It's very good! The weapon degradation thing is different to a lot of titles but it's not a problem. There are weapons *everywhere*, you just don't get attached to them. Let go of possessions, embrace the transient nature of material things, and hit a weird little goblin dude with the stick you found.
I'm playing BotW right now and it's great but god I hope they don't do Assassin's Creed Map Towers in the next one.

Also melee weapon degradation is whatever. It's fine. My inventory is jammed full of weapons that do enough damage to be basically interchangeable with each other in most situations and the things I'm usually killing are dropping even more of them. Bow degradation is slightly more annoying because good bows are much less plentiful, but the thing I really hate is shield degradation. Almost all of my shields so far have broken because I accidentally set off a bomb too close to me while locking on to an enemy (i.e. holding my shield up) and doing that seems to instantly destroy any shield, and good shields seem pretty rare.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

I didn't mind weapon durability in the end but they should have made the master sword indestructible (instead of temporarily depowered when it "breaks")

Feldegast42 fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Apr 15, 2023

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

bone emulator posted:

https://store.na.square-enix-games.com/en_US/product/764038/final-fantasy-vii-anniversary-art-museum-digital-card-plus-display

We just have to wait for their NFT game that only three people can beat to crash and burn

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Weapons breaking is great, cause you're constantly forced into using whatever random bullshit you can find.

As opposed to constantly hoarding Really Good Swords just in case you Need It Later

Gonna weld the Master Sword and a Stick together in TotK
Gonna call it the Master Stick

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

People complaining about degradation is fine, but you're not getting what BotW is going for wrt the open ended structure of the world.

It's just a massive sandbox you constantly need to adapt your approach to
There's no one standard build that works, cause everything works

rox
Sep 7, 2016

POLL STANDINGS end of WEEK 2

lanky kong pulls ahead, can the funky crew possibly keep up?

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

I was going to vote in the poll but could not find Uncle Kong

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

bone emulator posted:

Its not, Square has a NFT / web3 game in development.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Uncle Kong looks likes he’s barred from living within five miles of a playground or school

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Infinitum posted:

Weapons breaking is great, cause you're constantly forced into using whatever random bullshit you can find.

As opposed to constantly hoarding Really Good Swords just in case you Need It Later

Gonna weld the Master Sword and a Stick together in TotK
Gonna call it the Master Stick

for me it's the contrary, I do more hoarding of Really Good Swords because I don't want to waste their durability on trash mobs

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I said come in! posted:

Its not, Square has a NFT / web3 game in development.

I'm excited to see how web3 integration improves gameplay

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
God I forgot how much chilling out in Eorzea is just a ~*vibe*~. I spent some time farming some bushes for some hidden harvesting items and in the process got a whole bunch of laurel which it turned out I needed for a Botanist quest because there were culinarians who wanted it to give people appetite and they were just really passionate about making sure the soldiers were being fed and then I chilled out by a lighthouse fishing with the wind whipping around me and the sea rolling in all for some coral so I could make some shoes. What a lovely world to spend time in :3:

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

My bestie is on a mission to craft one of every item in FF14 and it's driving her slowly insane.

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
FF14 owns

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

HopperUK posted:

My bestie is on a mission to craft one of every item in FF14 and it's driving her slowly insane.

Oh hey me too :shepface:

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Infinitum posted:

People complaining about degradation is fine, but you're not getting what BotW is going for wrt the open ended structure of the world.

It's just a massive sandbox you constantly need to adapt your approach to
There's no one standard build that works, cause everything works

My approach was to realize there was nothing of value in the sandbox and turn around and just beat it because Hyrule Castle has everything you need to win. I didn't even get the master sword lol

Man Hyrule Castle is so good, if only the whole game was like that. If TotK is it'll be a top tier game for sure

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Apr 15, 2023

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Rarity posted:

God I forgot how much chilling out in Eorzea is just a ~*vibe*~. I spent some time farming some bushes for some hidden harvesting items and in the process got a whole bunch of laurel which it turned out I needed for a Botanist quest because there were culinarians who wanted it to give people appetite and they were just really passionate about making sure the soldiers were being fed and then I chilled out by a lighthouse fishing with the wind whipping around me and the sea rolling in all for some coral so I could make some shoes. What a lovely world to spend time in :3:

it's the stardew valley of MMOs, just a pleasant time all around

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Feldegast42 posted:

I didn't mind weapon durability in the end but they should have made the master sword indestructible (instead of temporarily depowered when it "breaks")

If they did this then there’d be lots of brokebrained players who insisted on using their 30 attack weapon on everything instead of the sick robot’s giant battle axe++ or the blizzard sword because it’s “optimal” to have less fun. I kinda wish it was indestructible too though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

my controversial opinion: i think being very powerful and beating up regular enemies easily at the end of the game is pretty fun