Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TheBacon
Feb 8, 2012

#essereFerrari

refleks posted:

I mean - is it not enough to watch Ferrari in F1, now I gotta go watch them get poo poo on in a completely different championship, but probably with the exact same level of reliability and strategy calls as we love and know.

WEC team isn’t actually run by the Scud tho, less passione

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

FAUXTON posted:

tell your kid to log off he just said the WEC is boring
If you think WEC is a good form of motorsport, you are clearly delusional and have no taste. WEC stands for World Endurance Championship, not World Excitement Championship. Do you know what endurance means? It means to suffer through something unpleasant for a long time. Is that what you call entertainment? Watching cars go round and round for hours on end, with no overtaking, no drama, no action? How boring is that? That's not racing, that's just surviving. And who wants to watch survival? That's what reality TV shows are for. Go watch milf manor for 4 hours instead. WEC is like watching paint dry, except paint has more colour and variety than WEC cars with their dumbass liveries. If you want to watch racing that isn't F1, try demolition derby or lawn mower racing. Anything is better than WEC.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

TheBacon posted:

poo poo so they might actually win

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Khablam posted:

If you think WEC is a good form of motorsport, you are clearly delusional and have no taste. WEC stands for World Endurance Championship, not World Excitement Championship. Do you know what endurance means? It means to suffer through something unpleasant for a long time. Is that what you call entertainment? Watching cars go round and round for hours on end, with no overtaking, no drama, no action? How boring is that? That's not racing, that's just surviving. And who wants to watch survival? That's what reality TV shows are for. Go watch milf manor for 4 hours instead. WEC is like watching paint dry, except paint has more colour and variety than WEC cars with their dumbass liveries. If you want to watch racing that isn't F1, try demolition derby or lawn mower racing. Anything is better than WEC.

it's called motor racing wtf

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

I've not seen WEC recently but calling it boring in the F1 thread is somewhat egregious

niethan
Nov 22, 2005

Don't be scared, homie!

Sab0921 posted:

My 4 year old loves Max because he "wins all the time".
Same but at least in Addition to Max she also likes Alonso (and thank God not just since he switched to Aston, but because of the pink car last season)

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Khablam posted:

*nods*

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

"go watch milf manor for 4 hours" says a verstappen clan super fan

FAUXTON fucked around with this message at 23:44 on Apr 15, 2023

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

Zedd posted:

I know there is more to that due to history but: Lol

what's the confusion?

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DYwmVQSENQU&t=2507s

babby christian

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Rhopunzel posted:

what's the confusion?
Gibraltar is just a bunch of English boomers occupying Spain.
Here is a handy map of Europe, I've highlighted Spain in the color of Passione:

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Now tell me which is better Ibiza or Mikinos?

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Custard Undies posted:

Now tell me which is better Ibiza or Mikinos?

isn't it still mostly about what kind of music and drugs you prefer or have they been blended into the same kind of destination by a couple decades of bullshit selfie energy

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Zedd posted:

Gibraltar is just a bunch of English boomers occupying Spain.
Here is a handy map of Europe, I've highlighted Spain in the color of Passione:

clearly you've never actually been to either

spain is just a bunch of english boomers occupying spain

gibraltar is just a strange portal to england. you can feel the shift in tone, color and sheer fraudulence. literally it's grey and miserable and where tons of online gambling companies are based because it's some kind of haven

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

i have walked across the airfield

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Rhopunzel posted:

clearly you've never actually been to either

spain is just a bunch of english boomers occupying spain

gibraltar is just a strange portal to england. you can feel the shift in tone, color and sheer fraudulence. literally it's grey and miserable and where tons of online gambling companies are based because it's some kind of haven

Britain's very own Kaliningrad Oblast

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Finland still looking like a scraggly scrote

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

FAUXTON posted:

tell your kid to log off he just said the WEC is boring

Lmao :five:

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

SocksAndSandals posted:

I'm re-watching the 2007 season and Lewis is actually really, really good? seems to be kicking Alonso's rear end in the same car (and his first year in f1)

Lewis (Sir Lewis) won 7 championships and came in 2nd 3 times in seasons that went to the last race.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

The Illusive Man posted:

Do anchovies next

One time I accidentally ordered a pizza with anchovies instead of artichokes. It was even worse than the Pizza Hut pizza I ate in England.

Toe Rag
Aug 29, 2005

Khablam posted:

Endurance races are cool actually just not in cars because cars are for dorks who are scared of bikes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WT02eA61ErY

I am not Frond sorry thread.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

IMSA is the better series for not having Toyota in it

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

But wec has 1997 F1 world champion Jacques Villenueve

Lucasar
Jan 25, 2005

save a few for lefty too
I get not liking WEC, but I can't really imagine not liking 24h of Nurburgring.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
one thing about IMSA i dont get. what is the point of having constructors if you are just going to even them out through BOP?

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum
WRC is the true pinnacle of Motorsport.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Aphex- posted:

WRC is the true pinnacle of Motorsport.

Diet Crack
Jan 15, 2001

Wacky Races Championship indeed is

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

TheBacon posted:

Although unlike the F1 team it IS run by a bloke called "Ferrari".

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Khablam posted:

Do yourself a favour and avoid the World Endurance Championship (WEC) like the plague.

:mods:

TheBacon posted:

But more World Championships in recent history.

tony quidtana posted:

I've not seen WEC recently but calling it boring in the F1 thread is somewhat egregious

This guy gets it

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Hmmm....

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Also, this appeared when I was uploading that previous picture.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Custard Undies posted:

Best content in this thread in years :five:

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Custard Undies posted:

of all of these, i'd actually go with the french

what is it with yall and piling everything you can on hot dogs, keep things simple. give me meat and cheese

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

The Argentina one looks good

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Rhopunzel posted:

of all of these, i'd actually go with the french

what is it with yall and piling everything you can on hot dogs, keep things simple. give me meat and cheese

I'm very fussy but would go with any of these.

Korea, Italian (minus mustard), Norway (minus mustard), France, China & Amsterdam.

Amsterdam or China would prob be first choice.

Thanks Ants posted:

The Argentina one looks good

Actually, yeah that looks/sounds pretty good too!

:xd:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dictator.
May 13, 2007

#Blessed

I live in Amsterdam and have never seen an Amsterdam hotdog like that.

Nor a Danish pølse or Swedish korv, they just come with ketchup and mustard, not shrimp salad. That’s a different dish.

Dictator. fucked around with this message at 13:49 on Apr 16, 2023