Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Soul Dentist posted:

Well thank goodness that didn't awaken anything in me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Cursed image thread trying to get ahead of us in the terrible pizza race

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Crossing from said cursed image thread:

thiccabod posted:

My fiance and I are flying to Seoul on Monday for two weeks - I'll try to have a first-hand account of this monstrosity upon our return

This place is like two blocks from our hotel it's definitely happening. Apparently it's a four-cheese pizza with cranberries and walnuts :shepspends:

thiccabod fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Apr 15, 2023

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

thiccabod posted:

This place is like two blocks from our hotel it's definitely happening. Apparently it's a four-cheese pizza with cranberries and walnuts :shepspends:

I was trying to figure out what was going on in there, and didn't really have a good idea. I hope the firsthand experience works out :discourse:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I can’t believe we haven’t been able to get a goon to visit the Mestre himself down in Brazil yet.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Captain Hygiene posted:

I was trying to figure out what was going on in there, and didn't really have a good idea. I hope the firsthand experience works out :discourse:

Cream cheese with cherries spread onto a wet sack of paper.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
All that work to get a wet pizza when they could of just learnt from Brazil how to get the same thing with so much less effort.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
https://twitter.com/blogTO/status/1646920742372532231

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit
God drat Canada

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Between the name, the look of the pizza, and the silly gimmick, I was shocked to find out that they're not the Canadian branch of Little Caesar's. I kinda want that roller though.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Captain Hygiene posted:

Between the name, the look of the pizza, and the silly gimmick, I was shocked to find out that they're not the Canadian branch of Little Caesar's. I kinda want that roller though.

i would bbq sauce the living poo poo out of a classic slice with that thing.

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

What kind of garbage pizza is being eaten that you'd ruin it with any kind of sauce

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Justin Credible posted:

What kind of garbage pizza is being eaten that you'd ruin it with any kind of sauce

Pizza Pizza pizza

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
We have Little Caesar's in Canada. IMO, it's probably the worst of the larger chains. Pizza Pizza is kind of an institution, love 'em or hate 'em they've long been established as the Canadian fast food pizza chain. I'd certainly much rather have a slice from Slow South or Bitondo's or something like that these days, but Pizza Pizza is fine if you've got no other options.

Dipping sauce on pizza is a similarly heretical concept to some but it's been around for decades in North American fast food-tier 'za. I have been known to enjoy the Peppercorn Ranch, Creamy Dill or Creamy Garlic sauces from Pizza Pizza when I was a disgusting fatbody.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

My favorite thing was finding out that apparently they think Boston is where pizza comes from

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit

Data Graham posted:

My favorite thing was finding out that apparently they think Boston is where pizza comes from

Hey now, Pizzeria Regina started in Boston and it's halfway decent!

The real crime is that there's a place on Vancouver Island called New York Pizza, and it's all deep dish.

Powerful Katrinka
Oct 11, 2021

an admin fat fingered a permaban and all i got was this lousy av

uber_stoat posted:

i would bbq sauce the living poo poo out of a classic slice with that thing.

It's so inefficient, though. It's a cute little toy, but it doesn't really work on an uneven surface. Just drizzle the sauce on the pizza like God intended

The General
Mar 4, 2007

Mister Speaker posted:

We have Little Caesar's in Canada. IMO, it's probably the worst of the larger chains. Pizza Pizza is kind of an institution, love 'em or hate 'em they've long been established as the Canadian fast food pizza chain. I'd certainly much rather have a slice from Slow South or Bitondo's or something like that these days, but Pizza Pizza is fine if you've got no other options.

Dipping sauce on pizza is a similarly heretical concept to some but it's been around for decades in North American fast food-tier 'za. I have been known to enjoy the Peppercorn Ranch, Creamy Dill or Creamy Garlic sauces from Pizza Pizza when I was a disgusting fatbody.

Pizza Pizza pizza is essentially cardboard. Their 2 for 1 panzerotti were a good deal though. No idea if they still are, I think it's been 10 years since I've had them.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rt218tYQ4J1zegdlp.mp4

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Captain Hygiene posted:

Pizza Pizza pizza

pp pizza

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

itry posted:

pp pizza

Pizza pizza Pizza pizza pizza pizza Pizza pizza.

Not only grammatically correct, but has meaning as a complete sentence.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pn1o-CPqJZg

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
The worst pizza is definitely anything from the mid west except Chicago

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Hollismason posted:

The worst pizza is definitely anything from the mid west except Chicago

I hope you're trying to pull off some kind of "Detroit is technically in a northern state" style nonsense here

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

deep dish peat moss posted:

This pizza definitely isn't the worst but this new pizza plac ejust opened up by me

https://crustbrotherspizza.com/

That I guess they must have some local media connections or something because every single tv news channel has been running stories about how people have been waiting forever for this place to open (I don't know anyone who had even heard of it before it opened) and how it's the best pizza you'll ever have.

They're really proud about their other location being rated the #12 best pizza place in the US on Yelp

So with all that buildup let's see what we can learn from their website gallery

I ate at this place recently and I've gotta say, it was some of the most mediocre pizza I have ever had, and I don't know how they gamed the #12 Yelp rating. It was essentially very standard tavern-style neopolitan bar pizza for higher than bar pizza prices.

But here's the most insulting part: I placed an order online, it popped up and asked for a tip which I assumed was a delivery tip, so I gave them a good tip, and then it completed the order with no option for delivery/pickup, so I had to pick it up. So I go to the store and I pick it up and have to sign the receipt, and it had an entire goddamn "Additional Tip" line underneath the already-paid tip. gently caress that noise - asking me to tip twice for pickup?

Macksy
Oct 20, 2008

My friend ordered a salad but claims it's a pizza.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

deep dish peat moss posted:

I ate at this place recently and I've gotta say, it was some of the most mediocre pizza I have ever had, and I don't know how they gamed the #12 Yelp rating. It was essentially very standard tavern-style neopolitan bar pizza for higher than bar pizza prices.

But here's the most insulting part: I placed an order online, it popped up and asked for a tip which I assumed was a delivery tip, so I gave them a good tip, and then it completed the order with no option for delivery/pickup, so I had to pick it up. So I go to the store and I pick it up and have to sign the receipt, and it had an entire goddamn "Additional Tip" line underneath the already-paid tip. gently caress that noise - asking me to tip twice for pickup?

Do you expect a card reader to use reason or something? :thunk:

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I expect to not have to sign a receipt when I already paid online :colbert: I've never been asked for two separate tips before

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Macksy posted:

My friend ordered a salad but claims it's a pizza.

Bruschetta is kind of mid-way between pizza and salad, but this isn't that either.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Warehouse floor pizza anyone?

https://i.imgur.com/SNkAGHd.mp4

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

‘Flambéed pizza’ leads to deadly fire at Madrid restaurant

quote:

Two people died and 12 were injured in a fire apparently sparked when a waiter flambéed a pizza at a Madrid restaurant and accidentally set decorations ablaze.

One of the dead was a restaurant employee and the other a customer, said the city’s mayor, José Luis Martínez-Almeida. He said one person was in a critical condition in hospital and five others were seriously hurt.

Speaking outside the restaurant in the west of the city, the mayor said the fire appeared to have been sparked when a waiter flambéed a pizza and the flames caught plastic flowers decorating the ceiling and columns of the establishment, which contained about 30 diners and staff members at the time.

--
https://twitter.com/SportScran/status/1649873703956619264

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

like an animal you loving piece of poo poo

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I'm going to cut this pizza some slack because it looks like the Wu Tang logo

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

thiccabod posted:

Motherfuuuuuuck

Bomb pizza sold out. No flaming, grey-crusted, steamed, four-cheese pizza for me tonight

lost old man
Nov 4, 2009

I AM HUNGER.
I FEED.

sauce applied with a libman mop? sure ill eat that.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
If you ask nicely they'll let you dip your slice in the squeeze bucket

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Still marveling at that heatlamp/robot arms oven contraption

I hope that has applications in other industries because uhh lol

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

thiccabod posted:

Motherfuuuuuuck

Bomb pizza sold out. No flaming, grey-crusted, steamed, four-cheese pizza for me tonight

I've never been so disappointed to not see something terrible :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
https://i.imgur.com/C0qpUe3.mp4