Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

I bet that hurt like hell, but I think if it'd had hit one of the main facial nerves, that dude would have passed out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Should have used a self tapping screw in this situation imo

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Ok is nobody gonna say anything about the banana shirt?!

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker

DandyLion posted:

Sure. It's a cool shirt.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
this is how a kid ends up becoming some powerful juggernaut

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

I like how he looks calmer after the nail goes in in the second one.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

TotalLossBrain posted:

I broke a finger a few years back and it had to be pinned with three nail-like pins about 2.5 - 3 inches long. After 6 weeks, I went to the surgeons office to have the pins removed.
He got out a pair of standard looking tool chest pliers and started yanking away. He'd get a good grip on the exposed end of one pin at the back of my hand and yeet. Very very strange feeling. It didn't hurt.

When I had a bunch of drainage tubes in me after a surgery I was curious about the complicated medical procedure they would have to do to take them out.

Turns out they just pull those bad boys out while I was laying in a hospital bed. The one in my neck felt the weirdest coming out.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

DandyLion posted:

https://youtu.be/QEw0Whi73C0

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

limp_cheese posted:

When I had a bunch of drainage tubes in me after a surgery I was curious about the complicated medical procedure they would have to do to take them out.

Turns out they just pull those bad boys out while I was laying in a hospital bed. The one in my neck felt the weirdest coming out.

I had a couple J-P drains in my abdomen and really did not appreciate how:
A: The removal process was basically the same as starting a lawnmower
B: The tubes get wider at the ends

By popular demand
Jul 17, 2007

IT *BZZT* WASP ME--
IT WASP ME ALL *BZZT* ALONG!

I had a laperoscopic surgery like a decade ago and I still can't adequately describe the feeling when the pulled the tubes out, it was almost painless yet sensually disgusting in a completely novel way.

nexous
Jan 14, 2003

I just want to be pure

Ornamental Dingbat posted:

I had a couple J-P drains in my abdomen and really did not appreciate how:
A: The removal process was basically the same as starting a lawnmower
B: The tubes get wider at the ends

Same. Dr was like this doesn’t hurt for 90% of people then yanked it out. Luckily I wasn’t in the 10%

Otana
Jun 1, 2005

Let's go see what kind of trouble we can get into.

By popular demand posted:

I had a laperoscopic surgery like a decade ago and I still can't adequately describe the feeling when the pulled the tubes out, it was almost painless yet sensually disgusting in a completely novel way.

I had to get stitches behind my ear a few years back. It wasn't painful since they numbed it, but I could feel and hear the vibrations of the thread pulling against my scalp and I would very much like to not experience that again.

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

nexous posted:

Same. Dr was like this doesn’t hurt for 90% of people then yanked it out. Luckily I wasn’t in the 10%

funny, my dad said the doc yanking the tube after a nearly burst appendix said "this is going to hurt a lot" while getting ready for the lawnmower starter rip

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Maybe he braced for the pull with a boot on his scrote?

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
One of the Things my brain did as a child was think “what would it feel like if I grabbed a vein and just yanked? If I pulled hard enough would the whole circulatory system come schhhhlooping out?”

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
That is not an approved verb.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

NAILED IT!

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Busket Posket posted:

One of the Things my brain did as a child was think “what would it feel like if I grabbed a vein and just yanked? If I pulled hard enough would the whole circulatory system come schhhhlooping out?”

There's some gnarly medical literature of someone who had a blood clot that was like their entire lung, and when they pulled it out they laid it out and it was just... Their entire lung as a skeleton. Wierd stuff.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Must have been a breath of fresh air.

King Carnivore
Dec 17, 2007

Graveyard Disciple

Drone_Fragger posted:

There's some gnarly medical literature of someone who had a blood clot that was like their entire lung, and when they pulled it out they laid it out and it was just... Their entire lung as a skeleton. Wierd stuff.

https://i.imgur.com/yhm2ZYQ.jpg

Kinda :nms::nws: for blood.

ChubbyChecker
Mar 25, 2018

TotalLossBrain posted:

I broke a finger a few years back and it had to be pinned with three nail-like pins about 2.5 - 3 inches long. After 6 weeks, I went to the surgeons office to have the pins removed.
He got out a pair of standard looking tool chest pliers and started yanking away. He'd get a good grip on the exposed end of one pin at the back of my hand and yeet. Very very strange feeling. It didn't hurt.

yeah, bone work is cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJc5SBFuSHQ

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
:nms: https://i.imgur.com/ly7M3jc.jpg :nms:

TotalLossBrain fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Apr 16, 2023

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer

Karate Bastard posted:

That is not an approved verb.

But as an onomatopoeia? :discourse:

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Excellent handle/image synergy here.

cult_hero
Jul 10, 2001

limp_cheese posted:

I had a hip replacement and the only warning I got when removing the drain was "hit the button." The button being my time restricted morphine feed...

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Thats the one.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Busket Posket posted:

That's how this happens.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.
Do you want Dr. Manhattans? This is how you get Dr. Manhattans.

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR
Doctors Manhattan

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Mister Speaker posted:

Doctors Menhattan

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

*Menhatstans

AndreTheGiantBoned
Oct 28, 2010
A murder of Dr. Manhattans

Pastel Candy Snake
Sep 6, 2018

by Hand Knit
Thr plural is just Dr. Manhattan

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

AndreTheGiantBoned posted:

A murder of Dr. Manhattans

A criticality of Manhattans

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Sounds like a solid night out.

Aishlinn
Mar 31, 2011

This might hurt a bit..

Mod edit: Tagging and spoilering weird gross Kermit sexually assaulting a pig comic.

:nms::nms:

I'm Sorta sorry

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Apr 17, 2023

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Aishlinn posted:

Mod edit: Tagging and spoilering weird gross Kermit sexually assaulting a pig comic.

I'm Sorta sorry

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Otana posted:

I had to get stitches behind my ear a few years back. It wasn't painful since they numbed it, but I could feel and hear the vibrations of the thread pulling against my scalp and I would very much like to not experience that again.

I was tboned by a ford explorer and got a glass in the back of my head, had to get it removed and get some stitches. The feeling of getting those stitches removed, and yeah, the vibrations, it wasn’t painful, but it set off the “danger: what the gently caress, better puke” sensation.

And that jackass who tboned me tried to get away, you ran a red AND went so fast that my car hit into a third.

Edmund Sparkler
Jul 4, 2003
For twelve years, you have been asking: Who is John Galt? This is John Galt speaking. I am the man who loves his life. I am the man who does not sacrifice his love or his values. I am the man who has deprived you of victims and thus has destroyed your world, and if you wish to know why you are peris

Busket Posket posted:

When I would get noise bleeds as a child, I thought that this would happen when I stopped bleeding and pulled the tissue with clotted blood away from my face.

I was a very anxious little child.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Edmund Sparkler posted:

When I would get noise bleeds as a child, I thought that this would happen when I stopped bleeding and pulled the tissue with clotted blood away from my face.

I was a very anxious little child.

I thought if I got too close to the drain in the shower my foot would get stuck and they'd have no choice but to amputate

anxious kid brain ftw