Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Retail

Popcom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Mutts

Sally Forth

Peanuts (April 17, 1976)

Crankshaft

Mutt and Jeff

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater (November 15, 1939)

Out Our Way (July 24-26, 1941)

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Selachian posted:

Rhymes with Orange

Horrifying

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

I'm going away for a week. I'm going to have so many pages to read. :mad:

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

I'm going away for a week. I'm going to have so many pages to read. :mad:
Enjoy the week off!

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

Rex Morgan MD

Give him the ol' Wilbur Weston!

Andertoons

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Since a lot of this thread is pointing out racism in 100-year old cartoons, I'll remark that the final panel contains a slur against the Romani people.

Weembles
Apr 19, 2004

Murdstone posted:

The Phantom

Phantom: "Do you know how to use a pistol?"

Prisoner: "No! I'm a newpaper editor!"

Phantom: "In that case, take a rifle."

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Into Ilves

Nancy

Dustin

Mandrake

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

Gil Thorp

Now, when it comes to sports I don't know Shinola from that other stuff, but I'm still reasonably confident that the answer to Marty Moon's question is, "Basketball is a different sport than baseball."

Home Free

Fuckin barf

Congrats, though

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Vargo and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat!

Breaking Cat News

Phoebe and Her Unicorn

Wallace the Brave

Heart of the City

Curtis

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

my favorite curtis quote unquote joke is "curtis likes a normal thing and everyone thinks he's a loving idiot for it"

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012

Powered Descent posted:

Vargo and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat!
[timg]
Wallace the Brave

This strip just reminded me to take an ibuprofen for my back

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Julet Esqu posted:

Gil Thorp

Now, when it comes to sports I don't know Shinola from that other stuff, but I'm still reasonably confident that the answer to Marty Moon's question is, "Basketball is a different sport than baseball."

Not everybody can be Bo Jackson.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Bad Machinery

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Nancy 1943

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Haraiso Days

Cthulhu and Girl

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.

Doomykins posted:

These kinda strips are my least favorite Forths and make me agree with Transmodiar briefly. Let's get back to some character growth with grandma.

Only briefly? :allears:

Modesty Blaise: The Stone Aged Caper

Spoilered because, hooo, boy:

Transmodiar fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Apr 15, 2023

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.

Bruceski posted:

Not everybody can be Bo Jackson.

Not everybody can be Michael Jordan.

Transmodiar posted:

:chloe:

Hippocrass fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Apr 15, 2023

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pogo 7/16/50

Archie 2/6-8/47

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

Aside from the expected giving up on Mark's hand entirely in panel 4 I'd think a snake would be a lot easier to keep on model from panel to panel. So Bee forgave Cricket for attempted murder for money. Totally craven. Gotcha. Makes his earlier stand against NFT money pretty weird, almost like this is being written day by day with no plan.

Also just gonna toss out that it's incredibly "how do you do fellow kids" to think a loud, charismatic entertainer would get cancelled for a few factual inaccuracies. poo poo, it took Adams how many decades before he finally said something strong enough?

Transmodiar posted:

Only briefly? :allears:

Hah, I don't hate the rest. The "so wacky" strips are always a bit much like the freaking werewolf or gargoyle statues or whatever.

Bimmi
Nov 8, 2009

someday
but not today
Yeah, think I’m done with Modesty Blaise for the rest of this story, and maybe after that.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Hostile V posted:

"She's Got A Kink" And Other Reasons To Commit To A Horrible Bit

so the thing i really hate about this storyline is less reading it and more realizing that i read this in these very threads 10 years ago

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Hippocrass posted:

Not everybody can be Michael Jordan.

I honestly forgot he played baseball, would've been a better pick yeah.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

rannum posted:

so the thing i really hate about this storyline is less reading it and more realizing that i read this in these very threads 10 years ago
A Bottomless Curse, A Bottomless Sea, Also Oh Hey It's My Shauna AV!

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Green Intern posted:

I would also be shocked as poo poo if a baby headbutted me.
Not had kids, I'm guessing?

My baby son once put me in A&E (the ER for non-Brits) after he slashed my eye with the very, very sharp corner of his fingernail. Headbutts, slaps, bites, kicks and scratches are par for the course. Basically think of a baby's limbs as coiled springs that can twang at any time, usually right at your face.

Breadmaster
Jun 14, 2010

Murdstone posted:

Mark Trail

This is the first time I've seen Mark talk to an animal and it respond. How long ago was the last time he did this?

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Julet Esqu posted:

Home Free

Fuckin barf

Congrats, though

Okay this comic is way way more loving gross than Raine Dog ever implied to be.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Our Boarding House (October 29-31, 1923; timg'd for casual use of a Romani slur.)

Toonerville Folks (December 30, 1920-January 1, 1921)

Dok's Dippily Atrocious Attempt At Minstrel Show Bullshit (September 10, 1914; spoilered for a concentrated dose of the Usual Reasons.)

As a counterbalance, Little Lefty shifts very strongly in the other direction. (May 12-14 June 13-15, 1938 (e: because big-rear end "whoops"))

EasyEW fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Apr 19, 2023

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Transmodiar posted:

And in Canada a young future Prime Minister develops a new passion...

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

This reminds me of a girl in high school who would take the perfume scent pages in magazines and rub them on her arms.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Endless Mike posted:

This reminds me of a girl in high school who would take the perfume scent pages in magazines and rub them on her arms.

I liked how for once it was the girl being a teenage weirdo. All of these comics (besides Wallace) tend toward casting the girl as the responsible straight-laced killjoy.

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
Boy it sure is a rough weekend in this thread.
I'd better do quick pass of the upcoming Krazy Kat and Little Nemo strips.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Well, you see, Modesty and her pals had to use that cunning plan or else how else would they find another excuse for the women to get their tits out

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Julet Esqu posted:

Well, you see, Modesty and her pals had to use that cunning plan or else how else would they find another excuse for the women to get their tits out

I scroll slower past Modesty Blaise when there's nudity, but this is racist nudity.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Crabgrass

Old School Peanuts (Apr 13, 1954)

Calvin and Hobbes (Apr 11-12, 1993)

Big Nate

Dunce

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Selachian posted:

Archie 2/6-8/47

It's okay, Jughead. Everybody does it!

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
Oh boy, things have been problematic in the thread today; thank heavens I post a comic that isn't remotely- oh

In today's Blueberry: Come and see, or Blueberry gets an invitation, or I see Younger's institution is big on Proverbs 13:24 - you know, in Scotland, they didn't bother with a rod, at least in my parent's schools. They used a belt

Medenmath
Jan 18, 2003
Prince Valiant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

riderchop
Aug 10, 2010

av by @daikonquest!
Heathcliff

Compu-toon

Garfield

Overboard