Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dervival
Apr 23, 2014

Potassium Problems posted:

I hope nintendo continues its holy crusade to obliterate youtube thumbnail people

considering other youtube thumbnail people have been used by nintendo to promote their games i'd call it culling competition instead of a crusade, but you do you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Not participating in the YouTube Thumbnail Game is a surefire way to be obliterated by the YouTube algorithm so you're basically just saying "gently caress creators"

incorporeal
May 6, 2006

I'm just going to continue to never think about YouTube and what's going on with it.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Volte posted:

Not participating in the YouTube Thumbnail Game is a surefire way to be obliterated by the YouTube algorithm so you're basically just saying "gently caress creators"

that's right. that's exactly what im saying op.

The Postman
May 12, 2007

Volte posted:

masterful understanding. incredible work here

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Feels Villeneuve posted:

that's right. that's exactly what im saying op.

Volte
Oct 4, 2004

woosh woosh
Ah gently caress I just realized what thread I was in. I didn't mean to click on this thread

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
its time to welcome back the insane guy who got repeatedly probated for spamming youtube reaction thumbnails in the switch thread

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Where is the United States? YouTubers need their support now more than ever!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Volte posted:

it's actually poggers and praxis to put huggy wuggy, baldis basics guy and spiderman in your thumbnail, and title the video "frozen elsa the joker pregnant electricuted peppa pig torture funny cartoon videos for kids animation kids animation for kids funny videos content cartoons for kids", and if you don't like it, you're harming the Youtube industry

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I only watch videos with blank solid colour thumbnails it's the only way to fight youtube

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The 7th Guest posted:

it's actually poggers and praxis to put huggy wuggy, baldis basics guy and spiderman in your thumbnail, and title the video "frozen elsa the joker pregnant electricuted peppa pig torture funny cartoon videos for kids animation kids animation for kids funny videos content cartoons for kids", and if you don't like it, you're harming the Youtube industry

the guy getting owned by nintendo looks annoying but that's not what's being talked about OP

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
just to make things clear, me saying that it is good for nintendo to copyright strike people because youtube is annoying is, a joke post

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The 7th Guest posted:

I don't think that particular brand of video has any relevance to what's currently being discussed

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

dae HATE??? youtube thumbnails???

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Uuuuh! Seek ye me?
word around the nintendo office is that miyamoto looked at that guy's face and said, gently caress you

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Feels Villeneuve posted:

just to make things clear, me saying that it is good for nintendo to copyright strike people because youtube is annoying is, a joke post

im serious in thinking Nintendo should throw anyone, that appears in my algorithm whos thumbnail i personally find to be annoying, in a gulag forever

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Augus posted:

they're all worth getting

Is 2’s levelling system still hosed three ways from Sunday

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop
Pikmin 3 good? Or better to wait for 4?

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

beer gas canister posted:

play pikmin 3

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Well, got the final upgrade on Prime. Now it's time to scour all over the map with the X-Ray to find all those dozens of missile and power bombs I missed cause drat I forgot 3D graphics can make stuff real hard to see.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

beer gas canister posted:

Every Pikmin is great and you should play any you can get your hands on

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Regy Rusty posted:

Every Pikmin is great and you should play any you can get your hands on

Even Hey! Pikmin.

Not a joke. I liked it and all other Pikmin games.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
Pikmin 3 is fantastic, absolutely worth playing before 4.

All Pikmin are good. Even Hey! Pikmin

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

I like some streamers
but I am willing to sacrifice them
dont ban ticktok and youtube
just ban all streamers and influencers

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Orange Crush Rush posted:

Is 2’s levelling system still hosed three ways from Sunday

No, it's been fixed in every version after the NES one.

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Sakurazuka posted:

No, it's been fixed in every version after the NES one.

I remember playing the GBA version and still thinking something was hosed, but that also might have been because I didn't know about Magic Penalties until like loving Pandemonium so I was doing no damage with spells (and therefore getting like no levels with spells)

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Volte posted:

Every scumbag piece of poo poo that's made a gacha/pack opening/etc. video deserves anything bad that comes to them.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
The algorithm encourages people to watch videos with the soyface so now everyone does the soyface and now everyone watches their videos, obviously. It's definitely not bullshit that one shyster in a fancy suit managed to sell to every moron YouTuber through sheer confidence alone

EvilJoven
Mar 18, 2005

NOBODY,IN THE HISTORY OF EVER, HAS ASKED OR CARED WHAT CANADA THINKS. YOU ARE NOT A COUNTRY. YOUR MONEY HAS THE QUEEN OF ENGLAND ON IT. IF YOU DIG AROUND IN YOUR BACKYARD, NATIVE SKELETONS WOULD EXPLODE OUT OF YOUR LAWN LIKE THE END OF POLTERGEIST. CANADA IS SO POLITE, EH?
Fun Shoe
I'm one to lead towards being anti so trust me when I say the Mario movie is fine haters be hating for no good reason.

Also Peach rules.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Bleck posted:

The algorithm encourages people to watch videos with the soyface so now everyone does the soyface and now everyone watches their videos, obviously. It's definitely not bullshit that one shyster in a fancy suit managed to sell to every moron YouTuber through sheer confidence alone

nah it's 100% true because youtube's algorithm and profit model is based mainly around using little timmy borrowing his mom's ipad to bloat their engagement numbers.
that's why they keep trying to ban monetized content from using naughty words like "hell" and "crap"

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Upsidads posted:

I like some streamers

nah ban tiktok cause they don't have a volume slider

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Upsidads posted:

I like some streamers

From what I can tell 90% of TikTok is people trying to monetize their life so I'm pretty sure that counts as influencers

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Is Tiktok still full of people pretending they have Tourette’s and constant micro seizures?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

last i checked it was full of people reacting to reactions to reactions to reactions to reactions to reactions to reactions to reactions to someone pretending they have Tourette's and constant micro seizures, in the form of interpretive dance

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
I think tiktok is a virtual form of meths neurotoxic abilities

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Pungry posted:

2 or 3 are good but 6 is my pick for most polished, fun Battle Network.

I liked the story in 3 the most but I couldn't tell you a drat thing about it now. The Undernet is cool. Bug Style is cool.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

What is the goon approved joy on stick replacement? All 4 of mine are now drifting in some capacity

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

hatty posted:

Is Tiktok still full of people pretending they have Tourette’s and constant micro seizures?

My partners algorithm has her watching Taylor Swift theories, retail poo poo that didn't happen stories, and people telling stories about wacky things they've done due to having some sort of neurodivergent thing also buy my merch

TSwift TikTok is reaching Pepe Silvia levels of insane and it is kind of hilarious though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Beve Stuscemi posted:

What is the goon approved joy on stick replacement? All 4 of mine are now drifting in some capacity

There are Hall effect ones available now maybe give those a shot