Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Captain Hygiene posted:

He was on one of the animated tv shows too, though
Saw Gerrera appeared on three of the animated shows (The Clone Wars, Rebels, Bad Batch), as well as on Andor. Plus Rogue One, of course, though his first appearance in canon media predates that film by some four years. :eng101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Whitaker killed it in Andor.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Your wookie look like a dish rag.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

isk posted:

Whitaker killed it in Andor.

everyone killed it in andor

watch andor!

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Obviously Andor isn’t the kind of show where gimmicky crossovers make sense, but it would have been funny when Luthen was telling Saw he needed to burn his source, Saw threatened to call up his ginger Jedi friend and they’ll decide who does and does not make it out of there alive.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

...! posted:

I got the impression that there was an extreme amount of brainwashing involved. That's not something that could be overcome without some serious deprogramming. Trying to logic Trilla out of it or appeal to emotion had no chance of working. If anything, she's a victim.

Yeah sure I figure that's the concept. It would be cool to have a Jedi corrupted over to the dark side and be like "you guys murdered everyone I care about and now I'm inherently violent and prone to hatred, watch out fucker"

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Wake up sleepyheads, there's a new trailer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmj3ty-Wt48

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Cross-Section posted:

Wake up sleepyheads, there's a new trailer!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmj3ty-Wt48

It's a great trailer. Seeing Merrin is great. A lot of good callbacks in there, too. A lot of what we see and hear of the game makes me hopeful it will be really good. I can't wait to play it!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

There's a big ol' Space Dinosaur, I'm sold.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Torrannor posted:

It's a great trailer. Seeing Merrin is great. A lot of good callbacks in there, too. A lot of what we see and hear of the game makes me hopeful it will be really good. I can't wait to play it!

I'll admit I popped at the homage to the Droidekas rolling up in Episode 1.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Looks terrific! I'm replaying JFO right now. While I liked (and still liked) how it looks, it's easy to see the visual upgrade in Survivor

Orv
May 4, 2011
Woops there goes the fun with the mass creature fight.

E: I have a lot of gripes with how this game handles knockdowns, animations and the general input feedback of parrying but it is extremely cool that when you actually do one of the saber boss fights you can exploit every little bit of that to just chew through the bosses healthbar in seconds, instead of the long knock down drag out of a standard Souls battle, or even some of the longer Sekrio bosses. Feels just shy of choreographed when you get a fight just right.

E2: Greez shaking salt into the middle distance is great.

Orv fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Apr 11, 2023

FrontRowSeat
Jul 14, 2006

I would often visit the local duck pond to contemplate life and consider which duck looked the most delicious.
I'm curious what platforms folks will be playing Jedi Survivor on. I'm in the position of having recently built my first PC which is fairly powerful and also having a PS5 and a nice TV to use with it. I'm leaning toward getting it for PC but am still kind of on the fence. I played Fallen Order on PC back in 2019 or whenever it came out and used a mouse and keyboard, but this time I'm going to use a controller since that seems like the obvious better choice if you've got a decent one.

I read that the game has been built specifically with the PS5 hardware in mind but I'm not sure how true that is.

some dillweed
Mar 31, 2007

PC's my only option because I still don't have one of the current consoles, and probably through the EA app/Origin since just having Game Pass and by extension EA Play apparently gives 10% off buying games and I'm basically a sucker for any Star Wars game (except the LEGO ones which I've kind of bounced off of lately). It's a bit of a belated birthday gift to myself since Survivor was originally going to be out the weekend of my birthday.

My PC's in a much better state than when Fallen Order came out, and I like the option of trying out some of the cool or funny/dumb mods people make. Hopefully Survivor actually releases in a good state, because I'm someone who ran into a couple of technical issues when the original came out.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

Have they said how they will do character progression this time around? The previous game introduced force powers slowly. It wouldn’t make sense to not have them still, but juggling slow, pull, and push out of the gate would likely be a bit much for newer players I’d guess.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Tom Tucker posted:

Have they said how they will do character progression this time around? The previous game introduced force powers slowly. It wouldn’t make sense to not have them still, but juggling slow, pull, and push out of the gate would likely be a bit much for newer players I’d guess.

I swear in one of those videos they said you start with the same powers from the first game. From a story telling it would make sense. It wasn't just him getting powers for the sake of getting powers, it was him reconnecting to the force. That opening planet seems like as good a place as any for a tutorial on using those powers.

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

Tom Tucker posted:

you start out with all the same powers as the first game but there are skill trees where you level them up and unlock new abilities

there are skill trees for each of the five lightsaber stances, plus all your force powers, and then another one for things like upgrading your max health and the amount of stims you can carry

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

FrontRowSeat posted:

I'm curious what platforms folks will be playing Jedi Survivor on. I'm in the position of having recently built my first PC which is fairly powerful and also having a PS5 and a nice TV to use with it. I'm leaning toward getting it for PC but am still kind of on the fence. I played Fallen Order on PC back in 2019 or whenever it came out and used a mouse and keyboard, but this time I'm going to use a controller since that seems like the obvious better choice if you've got a decent one.

I read that the game has been built specifically with the PS5 hardware in mind but I'm not sure how true that is.

Probably PS5. I do both that and PC, as much as I like the modding side I often just do console because it's more convenient in its way. I'll have to do some closer looking at the recommended specs for this one if I start thinking more about PC - my computer's held up fine through some recent new releases, but it is a few years old now and this game seems more likely to tax it.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
Ps5

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
Yeah, I´ll go PS5 for this one since my gaming laptop is a bit long in the tooth these days and I can´t really afford a new one right now.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

FrontRowSeat posted:

Is your PC connected to a good TV? This is kind of the big consideration, because the visual downgrade from playing on an LCD monitor vs a nice large TV is probably greater than any lowered settings due to the PS5 being weaker than the PC (if this is the case).

It also depends what the 60fps performance mode's resolution is. If it's good enough, it might be worth the lower hassle of the PS5 version.

I do PC because mine is connected to my big TV, though (and can often handle stuff in 4k/60fps that my PS5 can't). Best of both worlds.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
PC, the first one played well on it and I have a better machine and monitor now.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
PS5 here too. My PC is way old now and I don't have the time or energy for gaming on it. Or the disk space, come to think of it.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
PS3 :smug:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

PC. Recently upgraded my rig. Probably gonna wait until I see comments to know the launch was a success before buying though.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS
Ps5. Big screen, 7.1 HT sound, comfy couch, foot rest, blanket.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

TheCenturion posted:

Ps5. Big screen, 7.1 HT sound, comfy couch, foot rest, blanket.

this is the way

Ironslave
Aug 8, 2006

Corpse runner
Going to try PC, but my GPU is only 6 gigs of VRAM vs. their minimum stated of 8 so we'll see how that goes.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
The only console I have is the Nintendo Switch, so PC for me.

FrontRowSeat
Jul 14, 2006

I would often visit the local duck pond to contemplate life and consider which duck looked the most delicious.

Ytlaya posted:

Is your PC connected to a good TV? This is kind of the big consideration, because the visual downgrade from playing on an LCD monitor vs a nice large TV is probably greater than any lowered settings due to the PS5 being weaker than the PC (if this is the case).

It also depends what the 60fps performance mode's resolution is. If it's good enough, it might be worth the lower hassle of the PS5 version.

I do PC because mine is connected to my big TV, though (and can often handle stuff in 4k/60fps that my PS5 can't). Best of both worlds.

My PC monitor is this and the TV my PS5 is hooked up to is this. I use my computer for work so it didn't really make sense to connect to our big TV in the living room, or lug it back and forth between there and the office just to game on a bigger screen. So I opted for what I thought was a decent monitor to game on.

Seems like there's a decent mix of people planning to play on PS5 and PC at this point. I'm kind of leaning toward PS5 now for the bigger screen and couch comfort factor as some of y'all mentioned, assuming the graphical difference is fairly negligible, but I guess that remains to be seen.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
I got one of them new alienware qd oleds in my office and would have to fight my wife for the tv

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Xbox Series X for me.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I have a big tv set up in front of my couch as the main screen for my PC that I also switch to for console gaming, so my decision is usually based on whether I feel like wanting to deal with multitasking on the computer if I want something else playing in the background while I'm running a game. It's a nice setup, but it's pretty dependent on me mostly using the computer in the evening when I'm probably vegging out on the couch anyway.

bgreman
Oct 8, 2005

ASK ME ABOUT STICKING WITH A YEARS-LONG LETS PLAY OF THE MOST COMPLICATED SPACE SIMULATION GAME INVENTED, PLAYING BOTH SIDES, AND SPENDING HOURS GOING ABOVE AND BEYOND TO ENSURE INTERNET STRANGERS ENJOY THEMSELVES
I use the steam link app on my nice big living room TV to stream games from my PC. That's how I played the first one, and I found out I get the new one free with my new PC build's CPU, getting very excited.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
PC hooked up to a TV, probably on close to minimum specs/settings.

black.lion
Apr 1, 2004

For if he like a madman lived,
At least he like a wise one died.

PC - I have an HDMI from PC to TV but pretty sure i lose a ton of FPS going to that high of a resolution so probably will mostly play on monitors

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Partial trophy list is out. No main story spoilers but still read at your own risk.

There seems to be quite a lot more side content this time. Also the Road house trophy :v:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

RatHat posted:

Also the Road house trophy :v:

:laffo:
Now that's the kind of quality content I want in games

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
One of the achievements reveals that "Refresher" is canon for bathroom again. That's a huge confirmation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

PunkBoy posted:

One of the achievements reveals that "Refresher" is canon for bathroom again. That's a huge confirmation.

And thank the Maker for it.