Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

https://twitter.com/NWSSPC/status/1646497495009345538

looks like there might be some weather today

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Brain Curry posted:

my wife had to sleep at her office and is still stuck there

That sounds really bad! Isn't Fort Lauderdale close to Miami? How come it isn't flooding too?

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Failson posted:

That sounds really bad! Isn't Fort Lauderdale close to Miami? How come it isn't flooding too?
It’s like 15-20 miles away

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Failson posted:

they all flushed their toilets in unison

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Failson posted:

storm sat over Fort Lauderdale for 7 hours or something just pouring the whole time

https://twitter.com/tuckerweather/status/1646336270648455172?s=20

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_rszlyclUQK1rd9hsl.mp4

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

I do think the Waffle House Index is funny, but yeah it's also real hosed up.

No matter how badass a WH employee you are, you can't parry a hurricane like a thrown chair.

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

not to mention waffle houses are usually tiny buildings that are like 80% glass

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Lots of weather accounts getting hosed in all this. Good stuff.

TehSaurus
Jun 12, 2006

would be cool if critical infrastructure didn’t rely on corporate charity but what can you do!

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
If only there were some way of warning people of severe weather events that was not dependent on personal electronic devices at all…

Red Baron
Mar 9, 2007
no lube anal fan

Platystemon posted:

If only there were some way of warning people of severe weather events that was not dependent on personal electronic devices at all…

finally, the hour of the usps is at hand

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

TehSaurus posted:

would be cool if critical infrastructure didn’t rely on corporate charity but what can you do!

i don't think twitter is really the place people are getting their critical warnings from.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Platystemon posted:

I mean sure you can confer with the three fates, but I mean who has the time?

krispykremessuck
Jul 22, 2005

unlike most veterans and SA members $10 is not a meaningful expenditure for me

I'm gonna have me a swag Bar-B-Q

Platystemon posted:

hoist the tarp flags or perhaps use large tarps to create smoke signals

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

Platystemon posted:

:hmmyes: mailers

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Platystemon posted:

NOAA recommends having multiple methods, not just one.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

Rubellavator posted:

i don't think twitter is really the place people are getting their critical warnings from.

jeff p let me know on twitter that a tornado was headed right toward me. thanks jeff p.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Rubellavator posted:

So why does NOAA post the info?

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

SirPablo posted:

So why does NOAA post the info?

SirPablo posted:

NOAA recommends having multiple methods, not just one.

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

krispykremessuck posted:

hoist the tarp flags or perhaps use large tarps to create smoke signals

is there anything they can't do :allears:

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
New Twitter settings could hinder timely storm warnings: National Weather Service

quote:

Twitter responded to a request from The Hill for comment with an automated “poop” emoji, which the company began sending to press requests last month.

Squashy
Dec 24, 2005

150cc of psilocybinic power
Sadly, Twitter was better than Google or generic phone weather apps at informing of tornados trajectories and dangerous weather paths, at least before the great enfuckening

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Red Baron posted:

finally, the hour of the usps is at hand

thanks to waterworld The Cost is ready for any contingency

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
82 yesterday, looking at a high of 46 tomorrow, then back up to 80 on Wed and back down to 50 on Sat

lmao

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

Rubellavator posted:

I literally use https://twitter.com/NashSevereWx as my number one in the moment weather news source

Benagain
Oct 10, 2007

Can you see that I am serious?
Fun Shoe

Rubellavator posted:

I do, my local and regional nws are extremely useful.

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

it was 89 a few days ago and now it's snowing

Oglethorpe
Aug 8, 2005
Avatar blanked by Admin request.

JesustheDarkLord posted:

I literally use https://twitter.com/NashSevereWx as my number one in the moment weather news source

Just keep a radio open on 162.400 MHz 162.500 MHz
162.425 MHz 162.525 MHz
162.450 MHz 162.550 MHz
162.475 MHz

FistEnergy
Nov 3, 2000

DAY CREW: WORKING HARD

Fun Shoe

actionjackson posted:

it was 89 a few days ago and now it's snowing

crisis averted, whew

biceps crimes
Apr 12, 2008

super el nino when?

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Oglethorpe posted:

Just keep a radio open on 162.400 MHz 162.500 MHz
162.425 MHz 162.525 MHz
162.450 MHz 162.550 MHz
162.475 MHz

thanks

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

biceps crimes posted:

super el nino when?

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

3c delta isn't too much, I can barely feel that. Shouldn't make any difference at all.

Hexigrammus
May 22, 2006

Cheech Wizard stories are clean, wholesome, reflective truths that go great with the marijuana munchies and a blow job.
Outside in the dark this evening, a flock of something migrating overhead. Not sure what - sounded sort of like geese with a high pitched peeping call with a chattering quality to it. For some reason they flew north overhead then seemed to be zig-zagging east-west just past us. Shortly after a heavy rain started, turned to hail and then the lightning and thunder started. I hope whatever it was found the estuary and got down on it safely. Would have been spicey if they'd tried to stay up. I wonder how often they screw up their forecasts?

"Bird flu is over man. Gotta make time getting north to get laid!"

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

these guys have a chatter: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckZcDouKU50

tundra swans have a higher pitch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQXjAlO9pug

idk where you live though so i can only guess!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Hexigrammus posted:

Outside in the dark this evening, a flock of something migrating overhead. Not sure what - sounded sort of like geese with a high pitched peeping call with a chattering quality to it. For some reason they flew north overhead then seemed to be zig-zagging east-west just past us. Shortly after a heavy rain started, turned to hail and then the lightning and thunder started. I hope whatever it was found the estuary and got down on it safely. Would have been spicey if they'd tried to stay up. I wonder how often they screw up their forecasts?

"Bird flu is over man. Gotta make time getting north to get laid!"

Do you ever think they get up there, find it not to their liking and be like "poo poo, let's go back down south"

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

'naders in oklahoma

https://www.news9.com/videolivestream?liveStream=https://live.field59.com/kwtv/kwtv1/playlist.m3u8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moot .1415926535
Mar 24, 2006

Yep, that's pretty much it.
good time to come back to Norman for mom’s birthday

that was some spicy TV