Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dissss
Nov 10, 2007

I'm a terrible forums poster with terrible opinions.

Here's a cat fucking a squid.

Hadlock posted:

There was a post just last week in the stupid ai questions thread where some guy was asking about this exact model of Mazda pickup and why parts were so hard to find

Turns out it predates the ford-mazda combo truck thing

Good luck

Rest of world it was the other way around - the Courier then Ranger was a rebadged Mazda right up until the PX

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

https://regalauctions.com/inventory.php?a=details&contract=64272

Possibly the worst Celica ever?

NoWake
Dec 28, 2008

College Slice
Put this bodykit right in the diddly doodly dumpster!

heffray
Sep 18, 2010

Powershift posted:

Possibly the worst Celica ever?

Well, this exists: 170k miles on the slowest combo of Celicas from that generation (4sp auto combined with an incredibly peaky 8000rpm engine, so it falls out of the powerband with every upshift), and a CEL that stayed off long enough to maybe pass emissions but turns on regularly. The 1994 was never great and has been ruined, a 2000 GT-S automatic shouldn't have existed in the first place.

Both of these are junk, of course.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Hadlock posted:

There was a post just last week in the stupid ai questions thread where some guy was asking about this exact model of Mazda pickup and why parts were so hard to find

Turns out it predates the ford-mazda combo truck thing

Good luck

That's me and it's the exact same car. Which is why I'm a fool for thinking of it still. Though I think parts are easier to find in europe than in US for japanese trucks.

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

heffray posted:

Well, this exists: 170k miles on the slowest combo of Celicas from that generation (4sp auto combined with an incredibly peaky 8000rpm engine, so it falls out of the powerband with every upshift), and a CEL that stayed off long enough to maybe pass emissions but turns on regularly. The 1994 was never great and has been ruined, a 2000 GT-S automatic shouldn't have existed in the first place.

Wow I had no idea you could get the 2ZZ with an auto. That's downright tragic.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

I mean you clearly want the truck and are fully aware of parts availability just go buy it, there's a lot worse or more expensive mistakes you could be making

WTFBEES
Apr 21, 2005

butt

A completely adequate description of whatever is going on here.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/182450847952096

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I'm the custom wheel arch over the gap halfway between the rear wheels

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

heffray posted:

just as slow as all the other 1zz celica of that generations since the 2zz is basically a 1zz until it goes into lift and the lift point is ~6200

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

Leperflesh posted:

I'm the custom wheel arch over the gap halfway between the rear wheels

drat it, I wanted to be the riveted armor

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

WTFBEES posted:

A completely adequate description of whatever is going on here.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/182450847952096

redgubbinz
May 1, 2007

heffray posted:

"pay with crypto"

you do you, shady used car dealer....

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Some recent gold

and you've probably already seen this one doing the rounds, but just in case. Looks like a good deal if you're handy with paint

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

boxen
Feb 20, 2011
I wonder if buying a car that was "engineer owned" is like buying a house that was owned by an electrician or plumber.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Strong start

Weak finish

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
An afternoon and $30 in rustoleum would make a world of difference.

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
I drove a 1956 oval window bug for many years. I miss her :( I will always have a soft spot for bugs.

Ethics_Gradient
May 5, 2015

Common misconception that; that fun is relaxing. If it is, you're not doing it right.
Big Craigslist energy from this hearse ad on Marketplace:

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Model T speedster

!926/27 Model T speedster, old race car from the Midwest, I did have it running a few years ago.
complete car but needs work, comes with Bosch distributer conversion.
Open to offers

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Yeah, thats certainly worth 25 Gs.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
Somebody bought a salvage parts car for pennies on a dollar like at least 10 years ago and is looking to cash out.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.

Hadlock posted:

Model T speedster

!926/27 Model T speedster, old race car from the Midwest, I did have it running a few years ago.
complete car but needs work, comes with Bosch distributer conversion.
Open to offers

Presumably "a few years ago" means before 9/11 but still that's pretty cool.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

It is cool, but I agree that hasn't run since probably the Carter administration or earlier.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Speaking of things that haven't run since the Carter administration, but will probably still be on the road long after you're cold in the ground:

Bonus points, mopar flathead inline 6

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Hadlock posted:

Speaking of things that haven't run since the Carter administration, but will probably still be on the road long after you're cold in the ground:

Bonus points, mopar flathead inline 6

You need some D in your life.

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
It blows my mind how some of these California or whatever cars have more rust on the surface panels than they do underneath.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

On the flip side, it blows my mind that every time I talk about burying something 4" underground, someone from the rust belt crawls out of the woodwork to proudly announce that would never work here! frost heave :laugh:

Some guy who bought my dad's old '68 Camaro reached out to me via email one day and was very quick to point out "it's a California car"

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe

Hadlock posted:

Some guy who bought my dad's old '68 Camaro reached out to me via email one day and was very quick to point out "it's a California car"

Wish I had photos from the restoration ship I worked in that was doing a go through of a '69 Camaro "from California". The entire rear quarters were bondo. Most of that car was built with reproduction steel.
Doesn't mean poo poo if it spent its days parked on a beach.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

If I had a place to work on it, and wasn't days from becoming a dad, I'd go check out that truck in Livermore. Probably a loving pig on gas, though.

GOD IS BED
Jun 17, 2010

ALL HAIL GOD MAMMON
:minnie:

College Slice

I'm no mechanic, I know just enough to get me in trouble, but wow what a simple layout. And so much room to work on things! No wonder it's still on the road.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

GOD IS BED posted:

I'm no mechanic, I know just enough to get me in trouble, but wow what a simple layout. And so much room to work on things! No wonder it's still on the road.

An old inline-6 really is a joy. My Studebaker was 12 years newer but looked basically the same, except it was OHV instead of flathead. One vacuum line in the whole car.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Pham Nuwen posted:

If I had a place to work on it, and wasn't days from becoming a dad, I'd go check out that truck in Livermore. Probably a loving pig on gas, though.

Early congrats, you're me two years ago. It's a wild ride. Take a LOT of pictures, sleep deprivation wreaks havoc on your memory formation

I think the inline sixes did at least 20mpg

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Packard 8 limousine. Needs work.

https://barnfinds.com/bf-auction-1949-packard-super-deluxe-eight-lwb-sedan/

a lot of lies and wishful thinking posted:

The driver’s side front floor and rocker are rotted, with smaller sections in the trunk pan. However, the issues haven’t compromised the car’s structural integrity, meaning the winning bidder could fabricate replacement sections to return the body to a rust-free state.

This Packard’s interior needs love, but it isn’t all bad news. It is complete, with vital components like seat frames and door cards present to provide the buyer with a starting point for a retrim. The headliner is shredded, but there appears to be enough material remaining that could serve as a template for a replacement. The winning bidder could continue to pursue the DIY path with the interior, particularly if they choose a retrim in cloth. Someone with well-developed sewing skills could stitch new upholstered items to minimize restoration costs. The bright trim pieces might require restoration,

This gem rolled out of the Packard Plant in Detroit, Michigan, powered by a 327ci straight-eight flathead engine that sent 150hp and 267 ft/lbs of torque to the road via a three-speed manual transmission. The beauty of this engine was that although the Packard weighs over 4,200 lbs, most of the eight’s power and torque occur low in the rev range. That allows these cars to pull strongly from low speeds in surprisingly high gears.

The owner says the motor turns freely, but

Packards of this era are basically American Rolls Royces, imo. if this goes for under $6000 might be a good value to the right person. See thread title for details

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Hadlock posted:

Early congrats, you're me two years ago. It's a wild ride. Take a LOT of pictures, sleep deprivation wreaks havoc on your memory formation

I think the inline sixes did at least 20mpg

My Studebaker Lark managed 12mpg if I wasn't too rough on the pedal. OHV I6, but maybe the auto transmission was hurting it a bit.

I later "upgraded" to an 86 Crown Vic which could get 16mpg

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Hadlock posted:

Packard 8 limousine. Needs work.

https://barnfinds.com/bf-auction-1949-packard-super-deluxe-eight-lwb-sedan/

Packards of this era are basically American Rolls Royces, imo. if this goes for under $6000 might be a good value to the right person. See thread title for details

Look at that drivers seat shot; The entire drivers side rocker is missing.

You’d need a donor body at a minimum. :(

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

MrYenko posted:

Look at that drivers seat shot; The entire drivers side rocker is missing.

You’d need a donor body at a minimum. :(

Stage 6 weight reduction.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fornax Disaster
Apr 11, 2005

If you need me I'll be in Holodeck Four.
Same year Packard as Doc Brown’s convertible, inventing a time machine might be the easiest way to restore it.