Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I haven't played TLoU but GoW PS4 is good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Dongicus posted:

kaine ftw

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

SirSamVimes posted:

I haven't played TLoU but GoW PS4 is good

Wrong.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
i played god of war for 30 minutes and then uninstalled it forever

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
If you need a laugh, read God of War backwards and skip the 'of'.

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
it is pretty funny

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
the first 3 were good.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

Woah

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Cranappleberry posted:

the first 3 were good.

:hai:

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

I think it is okay for people to enjoy the god of war reboot, however I ask that you never elaborate on why because that's when the cringe comes out

tlou though, if you're an open fan of that you're a lost cause

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Well, you see, you really have to be a parent to truly appreciate it. Ever since we adopted a chinchilla, I felt

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

never played god of war

buffalo all day
Mar 13, 2019

I had fun playing tlou and uncharteds 2-4 :twisted:

But the god of war reboot suuuuucked

Kagaya Homoraisan
Aug 28, 2019

You say, run away
Instead, you get scared
For the way that I feel
Drops out into all this disorder
hopefully now that games can just become movies and tv, something that was impossible til just now with tlou, they can just stop making movie games

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
I have elected to use two Rusted Anchors in Elden Ring with some help from a friend and it is a good time

Yo ho ho bitch

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Kagaya Homoraisan posted:

hopefully now that games can just become movies and tv, something that was impossible til just now with tlou, they can just stop making movie games

They should make a game based on the Californication music video. There is already a small fan game, but what the concept really needs is that AAA touch. Having a big budget would allow them to hire David Duchovny for a crossover easter egg with his character from the show.

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
Goddamn thread encouraged me to reinstall PoE. I really could be using my time better.

See you all in a couple of months...

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Pillars of Eternity is great though

Valko
Sep 18, 2015
I meant Path of Exile. I actually bought Pillars shortly after it came out and I hate to say this, I didn't like it. I thought it was sort of boring, the only character I remember the name of is Eder - he at least had some personality. I've been looking for something to scratch that Baldur's Gate nostalgia itch for about 20 years now. Nothing has. The closest thing has been Pathfinder, WotR.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
Pillars 1 is overall pretty boring until you hit the midpoint and it stops having to constantly explain it's and its unique game world with all it's brand new lore and made up words.

Skipping to 2 is fine, the game explains everything pretty clearly and the whole point of 2 is to be a sea-roaming adventure and gently caress around on all the islands you can find. It overhauled and vastly improved the combat system as well, and is probably the best in class RTwP combat system there is.

Autisanal Cheese
Nov 29, 2010

pentyne posted:

Pillars 1 is overall pretty boring until you hit the midpoint and it stops having to constantly explain it's and its unique game world with all it's brand new lore and made up words.

Skipping to 2 is fine, the game explains everything pretty clearly and the whole point of 2 is to be a sea-roaming adventure and gently caress around on all the islands you can find. It overhauled and vastly improved the combat system as well, and is probably the best in class RTwP combat system there is.

It's a pity it didn't sell real well and we probably won't get a 3.

a starchy tuber
Sep 9, 2002

hi yes I'm very normal

pentyne posted:

2 also has optional turn-based combat for the sickos (me)

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
I've been playing Thief Simulator because it's fun to just smash poo poo up with a crowbar and then haul rear end.down the street carrying a TV. I am the terror of this one suburb

It also has just enough jank to be charming without being anmoying

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Valko posted:

I meant Path of Exile.

ah, condolences on your loss then

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Augustus Snodgrass posted:

2 also has optional turn-based combat for the sickos (me)
Was that any good? Was thinking of replaying it once they added it, since I found the real-time combat portion a little iffy (although a vast improvement over the first game).

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

EasilyConfused posted:

Was that any good? Was thinking of replaying it once they added it, since I found the real-time combat portion a little iffy (although a vast improvement over the first game).

The implementation is neat from a design perspective because it radically changes what The Good Stats are, and the game's combat is still good in turn based obviously. The biggest issue with it is that Pillars 2 is a game made for RTwP and so has a shitload of trash fights, which means if you play turn based the game takes like 300 hours.

The kingmaker/Wrath button press toggle is probably the single best bit of qol in isometric RPGs ever made and I wish something like it existed for the Pillars games tbh

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Psycho Landlord posted:

The implementation is neat from a design perspective because it radically changes what The Good Stats are, and the game's combat is still good in turn based obviously. The biggest issue with it is that Pillars 2 is a game made for RTwP and so has a shitload of trash fights, which means if you play turn based the game takes like 300 hours.

The kingmaker/Wrath button press toggle is probably the single best bit of qol in isometric RPGs ever made and I wish something like it existed for the Pillars games tbh

You can beat Pillars 2 with like at most 12 fight encounters depending on your playstyle.

It has way less trash fights then any comparable crpg

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Autisanal Cheese posted:

It's a pity it didn't sell real well and we probably won't get a 3.

Maybe that RPG they're working on in the Pillars world will do gangbusters and we'll get another CRPG. Fingers crossed!

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

pentyne posted:

You can beat Pillars 2 with like at most 12 fight encounters depending on your playstyle.

It has way less trash fights then any comparable crpg

unless you are sneaking past literally everything in the first half of the game I do not think this is quite accurate

The later areas do have a steep decline in trash fights though

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009

lobster shirt posted:

never played god of war

good story and game play, which is using cool weapons and skills to do crazy combos. Higher combo = more xp. Also platforming.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i have been playing Fire Emblem: Engage and it is ftw

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

symbolic posted:

i have been playing Fire Emblem: Engage and it is ftw

I want to play an actually difficult FE again after 3 houses but I can't get over the MC design :negative:

I've heard 3 hopes is good at least, might check that out since a musou sounds fun rn too

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Psycho Landlord posted:

I want to play an actually difficult FE again after 3 houses but I can't get over the MC design :negative:

I've heard 3 hopes is good at least, might check that out since a musou sounds fun rn too

Engage feels much trickier in many battles, you can put up with Colgatehead for that

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
My brain broke and I bought an asston of used pokemon games

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

That DICK! posted:

That’s stavros halkias father

Just open Nier spoilers in the thread now?!

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Used Pokemon carts are great because nobody ever wipes their saves so you get a bunch of weird Pokemon with awful names, it's great

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Colgate lord is dumb as heck but I like her because her voice actor is really good.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
they also cost 100 dollars each

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Antivehicular posted:

Used Pokemon carts are great because nobody ever wipes their saves so you get a bunch of weird Pokemon with awful names, it's great

I got a shaymin :cheerdoge:

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

they also cost 100 dollars each

Thankfully the 3ds games are cheap