Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
HEY LOOK A DISTRACTION!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Ref is laying down the law!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

REF WHAT HAVE YOU DONE!?!?!

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
:lol:

Perfect

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Oshirin in the pocket of big hero

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

A good clean match from the wrestlers despite the blatant cheating of the referee!

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
Glorious Misao comedy and Himawari held up her end in there with Shoko, good match.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Pom is wearing her war-bonnett!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The greeting turning into a terrified wail :lol:

Miching Mallecho
May 24, 2010

:yeshaha:
:aaaaa:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

POM VICTORIOUS!

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

*nodding sagely* pom is max's pom

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
THE PAINT

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Hello, goodbye!

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
The Max-assisted Pom de Justice uses all three super meters, but it's worth it.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Pom is feral now. Match of the year.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

BEE!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Mizuki was declared to have retained by draw. She was then moved to a different video production team, where her condition was upgraded to winner by submission.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...
Match turned nicely brutal by the end, love to see it.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
I'm glad that

1. Max is so good for their experience level

2. TJPW knows what they have in them

Ishin
Dec 31, 2008

~the animatronic spirit of
so many forgotten waves
Max de Justice was so cool

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
The drama in this Stardom match event ending segment has to be seen to be believed.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Is this what people who watch cheesy soap opera dramas feel? This may be Tam's greatest work yet.

https://twitter.com/D_Wrestlingifs/status/1647182835449462787?t=mY12xI7o46emENzfMGsMZA&s=19

Redezga
Dec 14, 2006

Cosmic Angels drama juxtaposed with Utami being psyched about the Mega Man Battle Network collection getting released is such a precious moment in Stardom history.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
Have a friend who went to the show live: apparently everyone was laughing throughout the main event segment because it was too over the top

this kid is nuts
Mar 30, 2016
Pom is Max's Pom.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

this kid is nuts posted:

Pom is Max's Pom.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Hooting and hollering at Comrade Soul, the People's Cinderella, vanquishing the contemptuous bourgeoisie

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

😭

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Catching up with yesterday's TJPW show, saw they're allowing streamers again from the May 5th show. Seems like a bad idea no matter how cool a visual it is, aren't they a real hassle to properly dispose of?

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
Thumbs up on this booking
https://twitter.com/LBibbs_93/status/1647455453553500160

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

SG Bamboo posted:

Catching up with yesterday's TJPW show, saw they're allowing streamers again from the May 5th show. Seems like a bad idea no matter how cool a visual it is, aren't they a real hassle to properly dispose of?

They're a big time pain but fans (and I think many wrestlers?) love them.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
The issue is that you have to recycle them and the venues either aren't equipped to do it or refuse to take all of the waste; so the promotions all have to bag up all of the streamers separetely, stick them in the ring truck and then pay a recycler to take them away. Fans really like them; some wrestlers are into them but apparently anyone remotely involved in organising shows hate them because of the faff of getting rid of them - they date from some promotion AJPW did in the 70s where I suspect they didn't have to worry about recycling and could just stick them in a skip somewhere but its not 1982 anymore. I really like the visual and its disappointing that people have made the decision to not use them but like it makes total sense why people might want to ban them or restrict them to special occasions.

I suspect you'll see some of the promotions that had them before use the pandemic and the last three years of not having them to quietly ditch them. Stardom had them for a Mayu Iwatani homecoming match but for nothing else and are apparently going to keep their ban going forward, NOAH had already banned them outside Korakuen post-LIDET purchase and that feels like an easy thing to extend quietly, I could be wrong but I don't believe AJPW have brought them back yet nor have most of the Joshi indies for whom the costs in time and money of disposing of the things are probably more meaningful. A few promotions already had pre-pandemic bans - NJPW obviously (believe they banned them first because someone almost got hit in the eye with streamers, they did bring them in at some point in the 2000s I think it was when they were struggling with ways to get more fans and to change their image but then they re-banned them before the 2010s boom; DG as well.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

https://twitter.com/anou_saori/status/1647573970978500609?t=wxK259o3piu3khi0Mfc25A&s=19

Saori giving off major Littlefinger vibes here.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Sorry Tam, Waka belongs to Mina now.

I'll be interested in how things go with Club Venus since Stardom has historically had trouble keeping foreigners around in the long term.

The Cinderella finals were fun. Nothing outstanding but the tourney final, Syuri vs. Konami, and the main event were all good.

Goddamn this lariat though:

https://twitter.com/PuroresuFlow/status/1647272719862358018?t=82aT9YLZmwalFrn8Q6vnqg&s=19

Chinston Wurchill fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Apr 16, 2023

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Sorry Tam, Waka belongs to Mina now.

I'll be interested in how things go with Club Venus since Stardom has historically had trouble keeping foreigners around in the long term.

Mariah at least seems to be in it for the long haul + seems to like legitimately idolize Mina. They're moving fast though they already booked Club Venus vs. Cosmic Angels for one of the golden week shows.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Stall_19 posted:

Saori giving off major Littlefinger vibes here.

OZ Academy, in my STARDOM?

It's more likely than you think

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
How does one watch this Grand Queendom show, joshi-likers?

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Should be the bottom link.

https://twitter.com/wwr_stardom/status/1647208149290741766

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

that's to buy tickets to the event. that account will tweet the ppv link though if they haven't already. you have to watch on ppv. this one will have english commentary with charlton, sonny & momo so if that interests you make sure you buy the right link or whatever.