Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Anime Store Adventure
May 6, 2009

Yeah this thread loves to talk about “good” “games” but I wanna hear more about thief simulator. It looks like weird pseudo-sim trash and there’s nothing I love more, but I haven’t been able to justify trying it.

More games need to be about lovely, low stakes crime. Fromsoft is all out here with big bosses and some guy who eats poop that you can hit with a big sword to save like, bonfires or whatever. Other RPGs are like being in a superhero movie.

More stuff where I have to smash the glass of a vending machine to steal candy bars to sell to kids at the park (or equivalent bullshit crimes.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

Anime Store Adventure posted:

Yeah this thread loves to talk about “good” “games” but I wanna hear more about thief simulator. It looks like weird pseudo-sim trash and there’s nothing I love more, but I haven’t been able to justify trying it.

More games need to be about lovely, low stakes crime. Fromsoft is all out here with big bosses and some guy who eats poop that you can hit with a big sword to save like, bonfires or whatever. Other RPGs are like being in a superhero movie.

More stuff where I have to smash the glass of a vending machine to steal candy bars to sell to kids at the park (or equivalent bullshit crimes.)

a teenage vandalism simulator would be awesome.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

NoiseAnnoys posted:

We really need a new Jet Set Radio. I think an indie studio is making an obvious spiritual successor.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
Rockstar needs to finally make bully 2

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Ghost Leviathan posted:

We really need a new Jet Set Radio. I think an indie studio is making an obvious spiritual successor.
The indie take is Bomb Rush Cyberfunk, which uses the same visual style and some contributions by the same composer, but extends the gameplay to also include skateboards and BMX.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-cE0PK9TeQ

There are alleged leaks of a new JSR by Sega, but whether they're real or not is up for debate. I personally have my doubts, but am willing to look stupid in this particular instance.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Pokémon TCG for game boy kicks rear end

This is true

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

NoiseAnnoys posted:

Need to call up the people who made Red Faction for destructible environments.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Ghost Leviathan posted:

play hi-fi rush

tidal wave emulator
Aug 7, 2007

guy mann is now claiming his pantshitting twitter account that gets 2 likes per tweet is now more popular than the entire forums

https://twitter.com/SA__moment/status/1647365555504963584?t=lTPMtHDGLj-QvtA_HBeCow&s=19

they say that history is written by the winners, but in this case it's being written by the loser

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 44 hours!
Paywall is down rn so he's probably reading the thread, please don't indulge him

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

one of his accounts was banned for defending paedophiles. don't really want to read the tweets of a nonce, ta

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

one of his accounts was banned for defending paedophiles. don't really want to read the tweets of a nonce, ta

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Inexplicable Humblebrag posted:

one of his accounts was banned for defending paedophiles.

That sounds like a crazy rear end moment that that twitter account should tweet about

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Anime Store Adventure posted:

There's a lot more game to it than I first expected. Once the tutorial section is over you're pretty much free to roam a decently sized suburb. You unlock new tools and stuff the more you level up, like I just unlocked these gloves that let you climb certain fences with vines on them.

Casing a place is almost Hitman-esque, you can buy info on a house but if you're clever enough you can find and mark some easy entrances yourself. 112's front door has a level 3 lock on it, but the gate to his back yard only has a level 1, and the dumb bitch keeps his back window open all the time. Stuff like that.

You also want to keep an eye out for the people being home, if you can mark them (same as marking possible entries), it'll keep track of part of their schedule so you know when they're home and when they aren't. You can just sleep in your car until they go to work, then Koolaid through the window and hoover up their belongings :v: It takes multiple times to get their whole schedule and it's not always 100% correct, still not sure if that's a bug or just accurate human behaviour but I'm gonna say the latter.

Police work like police, they drive to the location instantly when called (white suburb) then they look around for three minutes and decide nothing can be done (they're still cops).

Anyway my point is game's fun

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Oh also you can decorate your little burglar shack with the poo poo you stole while waiting for an online buyer, otherwise just take it to the pawn shop. There are tons of TVs don't bother hoarding them I've never seen anyone request one onljne

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
Lmao 16BBH. You trolled the dog murder guy so hard he autobanned. That’s amazing.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Ah the childlike joy of a wild Rich Evans early on a Sunday morning :3:

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Frank Frank posted:

Lmao 16BBH. You trolled the dog murder guy so hard he autobanned. That’s amazing.

system works

Tenkaris
Feb 10, 2006

I would really prefer if you would be quiet.

Frank Frank posted:

He's gonna take some homemade lasagna to his favorite stripper tonight, and then pour his heart out to her about being misunderstood. Then make her give him a lap dance or something, idk 🤷🏻‍♂️

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Frank Frank posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceD1QXv0jYw

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 44 hours!

Frank Frank posted:

Lady Radia autobanned after being doxxed, which sucks, but the dog murdering/strip club-obsessed guy autobanned, which rules, so today has been a land of contrast

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

symbolic posted:

it's the only character design in the game i can understand hating, ppl who complain that any others are too busy or w/e make me scratch my head since they really aren't hard to look at otherwise and i find their sort of bizarre uniqueness pretty cool. basically what im saying is that Yunaka and Ivy are perfect and haters will taste my thousand-folded steel

Yunaka and Ivy are perfect, but Zephia, Griss, and Vayle look incredibly stupid.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Genuinely saddened that a cool poster was run off by an internet weirdo but Iron Crowned being driven to autoban by 16bb chainprobing is a good consolation lol

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Game pissed me off as a kid because I was one card short of a full collection in game due to one of the cards only being available if you give an NPC all of the energy cards in your primary deck, and if you say no he walks off screen and never comes back.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Frank Frank posted:

This is incredible thank you Butthead

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Lady Radia autobanned after being doxxed

This loving sucks, what the gently caress

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Smirking_Serpent posted:

Yunaka and Ivy are perfect, but Zephia, Griss, and Vayle look incredibly stupid.

Zephia and Griss look stupid in a way that reflects their characters, which are dumb as heck, but diggin on Veyle is just deranged.

Dixville
Nov 4, 2008

I don't think!
Ham Wrangler

Frank Frank posted:

I tried replaying fire red and one of the other old gameboy titles on an emulator during the pandemic and man, they are a lot easier than I remember. I get that they’re made for little kids but by the time you hit victory road, you’ll be one-shotting p much anything you run up against.

Try radical red. It's a rom hack of fire red that's got really good AI so it's actually challenging. I only have beat easy mode and it was super difficult even then. But you have access to basically every pokemon and lots of newer, good moves.

All you have to do is just find the rom and then you use a patching program to put the hack on it. I do it on my phone with unipatcher and emulate with myboy. Having pokemon on your phone is so cool it's like the old days of taking your Gameboy with you everywhere.

Edit - there's also tons of other rom hacks out there that aren't as hard as radical red but more challenging/ interesting than the originals. It's kind of a rabbit hole I go down from time to time. Of course there are plenty of lovely hacks too. I've played a ton of them and my favorites are probably pokemon prism, radical red, crystal clear (this one is open world and you can start at any town, really cool concept), and sacred gold/storm silver.

Edit2 forgot about pokemon unbound, it's a hack but they made a whole new game and it's actually good, I haven't beaten it though so I don't know how good the actual story is

Dixville fucked around with this message at 14:09 on Apr 16, 2023

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

Lady Radia autobanned after being doxxed

Oh FFS. There are very few posters that are well liked by almost everybody. I hope this gets sorted out and she can come back, safely.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Yes. Is the sequel any good?

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි
PoE3 will come out as a shoot 'em up.

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
lol/rip

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Frank Frank posted:

Well at least some good came of this lovely night.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

Dixville posted:

Try radical red. It's a rom hack of fire red that's got really good AI so it's actually challenging. I only have beat easy mode and it was super difficult even then. But you have access to basically every pokemon and lots of newer, good moves.

All you have to do is just find the rom and then you use a patching program to put the hack on it. I do it on my phone with unipatcher and emulate with myboy. Having pokemon on your phone is so cool it's like the old days of taking your Gameboy with you everywhere.

Edit - there's also tons of other rom hacks out there that aren't as hard as radical red but more challenging/ interesting than the originals. It's kind of a rabbit hole I go down from time to time. Of course there are plenty of lovely hacks too. I've played a ton of them and my favorites are probably pokemon prism, radical red, crystal clear (this one is open world and you can start at any town, really cool concept), and sacred gold/storm silver.

Edit2 forgot about pokemon unbound, it's a hack but they made a whole new game and it's actually good, I haven't beaten it though so I don't know how good the actual story is

So what's the weird sex part of the romhack, let's not drag this out

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Valko posted:

Oh FFS. There are very few posters that are well liked by almost everybody. I hope this gets sorted out and she can come back, safely.

but did you consider that there was a weird creepy guy who seemingly nobody liked, who was plagued by psychotic thoughts causing him to believe that he is personally fighting the Ukraine/Russia war as a cybersoldier on this website, and every time anyone wondered aloud "why is this guy not banned" they were met with silence from anyone with power to do anything about it, and it was apparently very important to keep him around so this could happen

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Alaois posted:

but did you consider that there was a weird creepy guy who seemingly nobody liked, who was plagued by psychotic thoughts causing him to believe that he is personally fighting the Ukraine/Russia war as a cybersoldier on this website, and every time anyone wondered aloud "why is this guy not banned" they were met with silence from anyone with power to do anything about it, and it was apparently very important to keep him around so this could happen

I have avoided any thread about the situation in Ukraine. I'm reading the news, sure - but I'm avoiding that topic on the forums. I mean, Trump and UK politics threads have already fried my brain enough.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Radia kicked rear end and I’m sad she left. Hope she’s doing well

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Pablo Nergigante posted:

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Yeah, honestly I'm mad this has been allowed to happen the way, but failmods needed to be fail

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rox
Sep 7, 2016

Pablo Nergigante posted: