Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should I step down as head of twitter
This poll is closed.
Yes 420 4.43%
No 69 0.73%
Goku 9001 94.85%
Total: 9490 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

GRECOROMANGRABASS
May 14, 2020
In response to Musk's 1 million doge reward to anyone that can prove that his father owned an emerald mine, I'd like to find a PR agency willing to publicly challenge him to prove that he is an accredited engineer or even capable of creating a basic non-scalable super basic twitter clone on his own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Musk named his company X after his extra chromosome.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Entorwellian posted:

It's not just his fan base... :negative:

It's a good game.

Musk only knows about Human Revolution. It's also a good game but lol, this goober has a replica of the HR revolver on his caffeine free diet coke nightstand and he's terrified of the implant chips that made everyone go crazy in that game.

Faustian Bargain
Apr 12, 2014

what kind of lovely discourse does elon think will happen by unblocking folks who just throw out slurs or argue in completely bad faith?

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
You all mock Elon, but next year he'll be a millionaire and you won't.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Faustian Bargain posted:

what kind of lovely discourse does elon think will happen by unblocking folks who just throw out slurs or argue in completely bad faith?

He probably thinks it's all about people who just block on a whim rather than "hearing them out". Discourse is good!!

What do you mean "Hate speech?" You hate talking to people?? :confused:

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

Parkingtigers posted:

drat, lawn is dumb but i don't know if twitter can bleed him that dry.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

its all nice on rice posted:

Turns out he just bought the code for Microsoft's Tay. He'll have an AI, take all the credit, and (most importantly for him) it's already a NAZI.

is Tay sort of modeled to be a teenage girl or young woman too? given his divorced energy with Grimes, he certainly has a type.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Parkingtigers posted:

Concerning

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
https://carbuzz.com/news/feds-told-to-recall-every-tesla-built-from-2013-for-unintended-acceleration

quote:

the US government has rules in place for Brake Transmission Shift Interlock (BTSI) systems, but only for vehicles equipped with an automatic gearbox with a "park" position. The official document from the Office of Vehicle Safety Compliance does not mention an interlock system for shifting between drive and reverse, though it may be revised following several cases of unintended acceleration, not limited to Tesla.

Lakafossis points to BTSI systems in his petition: "It has been proven beyond any doubt that the BTSI feature of automatic gearboxes of the '80s has successfully mitigated the risk of SUA [sudden unintended acceleration] during start-up and successfully trained millions of drivers to always press the brake pedal before moving off."

He also points out that, in 2010, BTSIs were made compulsory within the parameters mentioned earlier.

So Tesla wasn't required to add a safety feature that would stop vehicles accelerating out of control, so they didn't. And now we get funny videos.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
What’s changed in the time Musk has come along is the proliferation of extremely low-rent or comically untargeted offerings. I was recently shown an ad promoting the sale of an agricultural-equipment company in Iowa when, unfortunately, I am far from the right audience. Others are for cheap and tacky novelty products.

Ups_rail
Dec 8, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Well I sure hope star ship takes off okay

DeeplyConcerned
Apr 29, 2008

I can fit 3 whole bud light cans now, ask me how!

Azhais posted:

https://carbuzz.com/news/feds-told-to-recall-every-tesla-built-from-2013-for-unintended-acceleration

So Tesla wasn't required to add a safety feature that would stop vehicles accelerating out of control, so they didn't. And now we get funny videos.

The article doesn't say the teslas are accelerating out of control. The problem this guy describes is people panicking because the car doesn't do what they expect and slamming on the accelerator instead of the brake. Basically a user error caused by being able to move from park to reverse or drive without holding down the brake pedal. the petition doesn't cite any statistics, so it's unlikely to be accepted.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

PhazonLink posted:

whats birdcircle? i get what it is from context clues but why.

like lol at secure and private comms on a social media platform?

Circles was a way for you to select which of your followers could see your tweets. Kind of an alternative to creating a second account (that you set to private so you could approve who followed you).

So for example, I followed a lot of artists. They wanted their main public feed to be their artwork, commission openings, and art from their friends to draw in prospective clients. They would create Circles of friends/long-term supporters who they were comfortable showing non-art posts to, which largely amounted to the kind of basic venting you'd see from your average friend on social media.

Seems like some communities used the Circles to curate who could see some highly NSFW content though, and having that go into the public feeds is just another one of the daily shitshows Twitter has had since firing all their engineers.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
https://twitter.com/mattbinder/status/1647347707911065603?s=46&t=G1x8XWIwrNxUQoXItlkh2w

The files died like they lived: utterly devoid of relevance.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

https://twitter.com/BigGarfFan37/status/1596610887665979392?s=20

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Lol, Matt Taibi defiled his journalistic reputation and integrity for his bestest friend Elon. Elon is so loving stupid he thinks Matt was mining Twitter for some sort of data to help Substack's Twitter clone, and burned that relationship to the ground.

It's like a soap opera.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
It's time to take out the trash:kirby:

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Murdstone posted:

Shouldn't the performers at the coronation be British?

Edit: Or at least from Commonwealth countries.
They all turned him down.

https://www.marieclaire.com/celebrity/royals/spice-girls-harry-styles-elton-john-decline-king-charles/

quote:

Last week, Marie Claire reported that Adele and Ed Sheeran said no to the opportunity, and The Daily Mail is now reporting that Elton John, Harry Styles, and the Spice Girls are following suit.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

https://twitter.com/DashCamOwnersAu/status/1647428267564212224?s=20

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I know I shouldn't expect much from an app that is currently making GBS threads the bed in new ways daily but something that does annoy me is when I'm reading through my "For You" feed and I'm getting updates and recomendations a couple hours old, but when I click on one of them to read further and then go back to my feed it defaults to only showing tweets by people I follow that are a week old.

Mindless
Dec 7, 2001

WANTED: INFO on Mindless. Anything! Everything! Send to
Pillbug
Still lollin that Elon spent 44b to buy friends then immediately pushed most of them away.

Didn't Jeremy Renner just make his own app? Seems like the cheaper, more sensible choice.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Yeah, what a lightweight wow. Elon has earned billions lying about way more things.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Mindless posted:

Still lollin that Elon spent 44b to buy friends then immediately pushed most of them away.

Didn't Jeremy Renner just jump in front of a snowplough? Seems like the cheaper, more sensible choice.

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

Elon publicly going to chud is good. It's been him all along. Wonder if we will see him at the next insurrection.

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

This needs the Jaws theme

Entorwellian
Jun 30, 2006

Northern Flicker
Anna's Hummingbird

Sorry, but the people have spoken.

The Tesla probably saw a child sitting in the back of the vehicle.

Deep Glove Bruno
Sep 4, 2015

yung swamp thang

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Musk named his company X after his extra chromosome.

please. he's far too much of a miserable piece of poo poo to be compared with such happy people as those with down's syndrome

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Stare-Out posted:

The twitter app has had a notification about my “twitter anniversary” for a week now and I can’t clear it no matter what I do. Nice job, Elon Mush!

Have you checked to make sure that you aren't living the same day over and over again since then?

Oovee
Jun 21, 2007

No life king.

Its ok, the sun was in its eyes, coulda happened to anyone.

Almost Smart
Sep 14, 2001

so your telling me you wasn't drunk or fucked up in anyway. when you had sex with me and that monkey

Deep Glove Bruno posted:

please. he's far too much of a miserable piece of poo poo to be compared with such happy people as those with down's syndrome

That’s trisomy 21. The extra X would be Klinefelters syndrome.

Males born with Klinefelter syndrome may have low testosterone and reduced muscle mass, facial hair, and body hair. Most males with this condition produce little or no sperm.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

gently caress, you beat me

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

Almost Smart posted:

That’s trisomy 21. The extra X would be Klinefelters syndrome.

Males born with Klinefelter syndrome may have low testosterone and reduced muscle mass, facial hair, and body hair. Most males with this condition produce little or no sperm.

making GBS threads on people with a chromosomal disorder by comparing them to Musk is not cool in any case. Many such people are good folks who contribute to society. Musk works tirelessly to make the world a better place only for slurs and getting as many children as possible under his cars.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

What’s changed in the time Musk has come along is the proliferation of extremely low-rent or comically untargeted offerings. I was recently shown an ad promoting the sale of an agricultural-equipment company in Iowa when, unfortunately, I am far from the right audience. Others are for cheap and tacky novelty products.

SpaceX arses.

BigBadSteve
Apr 29, 2009

No. 6 posted:

Elon publicly going to chud is good. It's been him all along. Wonder if we will see him at the next insurrection.

And get his hands dirty like some working class commoner? Nah. He'll just continue to help foment it with his stupid tweets.

Dalaram
Jun 6, 2002

Marshall/Kirtaner 8/24 nevar forget! (omg pedo)

Is there nobody driving the car? It looks like the drivers seat has nobody in it, because that was a legit hard enough hit to lock a seatbelt.

Tesla’s being a piece of poo poo is exacerbated by their drivers also being pieces of poo poo.

Willatron
Sep 22, 2009

Dalaram posted:

Is there nobody driving the car? It looks like the drivers seat has nobody in it, because that was a legit hard enough hit to lock a seatbelt.

Tesla’s being a piece of poo poo is exacerbated by their drivers also being pieces of poo poo.

Looks like the drivers side is on the right. You can see the driver get rattled pretty good.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Arc Hammer posted:

I know I shouldn't expect much from an app that is currently making GBS threads the bed in new ways daily but something that does annoy me is when I'm reading through my "For You" feed and I'm getting updates and recomendations a couple hours old, but when I click on one of them to read further and then go back to my feed it defaults to only showing tweets by people I follow that are a week old.

Twitter has been pushing that lovely "For You" mode for years, to be fair. They seemingly gave up with the "always sneakily reset your explicit preferences back to the For You view instead of the chronological timeline the moment you're not looking" like three years ago or something but I guess Elon brought it back with a vengeance

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Willatron posted:

Looks like the drivers side is on the right.
Yes, its a cam from Australia