Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
Gangs and crews have always been a thing in gbs and elsewhere, originally they were called armies. The 1st image in my signature is circa 2004, a lurker army. Looooore.

I have a byob sig and gangtag, it's cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
lol a sig for a lurker

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Seth Pecksniff posted:

Finally, I'm not blanket shutting down any "crew" accusations. People are free to post/what they believe in, even if I don't believe it.

It's true, constantly accusing people of being in disruptive "crews" or perhaps even being Russian ops is completely healthy to a forum and will in no way have any negative consequences in the futures.

*Touches earpiece*

Ooohhhh....

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Posting about crews is stupid as hell. Same goes for constantly posting "x forum sucks" , which just causes more of the former because it reinforces the idea that the forums are fractured and also then causes people to feel the need to defend whatever forum they regularly post in. Its dumb high school poo poo. Large subforums are always going to have problematic posters. Make the mods deal with them or try them in FORUMS COURT imo

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Cthulu Carl posted:

It's true, constantly accusing people of being in disruptive "crews" or perhaps even being Russian ops is completely healthy to a forum and will in no way have any negative consequences in the futures.

*Touches earpiece*

Ooohhhh....

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
OK gently caress crew talk

Separately right now in SAD is a thread with people yet again saying we shouldn't be able to talk about politics in GBS

Since all of us goons that post mostly here should be able to talk about politics since it's a pretty big loving subject can we at least agree to push back real hard if we need to?

Hopefully we don't

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Dude, you’re part of the reason people think there are crews so maybe gently caress off? You mysteriously appear every time there’s drama in GBS so you can go “Hurf durf what’s the deal with GBS” and then all your buddies are in SAD screeching for justice minutes later. Maybe stop doing that and the crew bullshit will go away.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Spinz posted:

OK gently caress crew talk

Separately right now in SAD is a thread with people yet again saying we shouldn't be able to talk about politics in GBS

Since all of us goons that post mostly here should be able to talk about politics since it's a pretty big loving subject can we at least agree to push back real hard if we need to?

Hopefully we don't

Posted by the OP of the original GBS Trump lol thread :allears:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
I'm going to go outside and touch some grass today (:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Nooner posted:

It’s raining right now :(

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Yet again mysteriously its "serious concerns" bought forward by people who I've never seen posting in gbs claiming that:

1. A poster with 6% of their posts in gbs is some kind of gbs deep state doxxing agent working for the mods.
2. A mod in dnd keeping a dnd spreadsheet of thread popularity to see if any need refreshing.
3. Gbs shouldnt do politics because there is too many jokes :(:(:(

Is apparantly evidence that gbs politics and specifically the ukraine thread is destroying every other subforum, and hence must be banned post haste. Its ridiculous.

Perfect Potato
Mar 4, 2009
The Not a Crew crew going apeshit over the dnd nerd mod's spreadsheet is really funny. It's not like anyone with a brain needed the help to see the basic reality of thousands and thousands of qcs/sad posts though

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Perfect Potato posted:

The Not a Crew crew going apeshit over the dnd nerd mod's spreadsheet is really funny. It's not like anyone with a brain needed the help to see the basic reality of thousands and thousands of qcs/sad posts though

What does this have to do with GBS anyway

Maybe the aids guy shouldn't import drama and just go back to crying in SAD about posts they don't like

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

im in the corner in my leather jacket right now, ominously snapping my fingers to the beat

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:

Panic! At The Tesco posted:

im in the corner in my leather jacket right now, ominously snapping my fingers to the beat

*shows up in leather jacket but its a brown one instead of cool black one*

:sigh:

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

At my mums 60th she had an outdoor cinema that played the original west side story at about 11 oclock and three days later got a warning letter from the council warning her about setting off firecrackers after 11.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!
I don't know if crews exist, but I do know there are goons who would legitimately atrophy and die if they weren't submerged in drama every waking minute of their life, and it's getting exhausting.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Nooner posted:

I think y'all should take this advice

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Slugworth posted:

I don't know if crews exist, but I do know there are goons who would legitimately atrophy and die if they weren't submerged in drama every waking minute of their life, and it's getting exhausting.

Stop gaslighting us Slugworth, we're on to you

Punkinhead
Apr 2, 2015

Slugworth posted:

Yeah it has me completely burnt out on drama and it got me to lurk in the Imp Zone

so who can say if it's really a bad thing?

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

:sweep:

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

Seth Pecksniff posted:

So a few things here:

I posted through the era where the only standards that mattered were mod- created standards. This led to bans for mod sass, probations/bans for incorrect grammar/one word posts, probations/bans for image macros, probations/bans for image leeching, etc. That's when this site started to become unfun. I have no desire to return to the era where we all had to cosplay as 19th century Victorian upper class in London because mods wanted to enforce their (and only their) standards, damned be what the community thinks or wants.

I do not control where other posters post. I can advise them not to post in certain places because of reputations, but that's all I can do. If I believed there was a concerted effort to invade/mess with other forums, I would deal with that absolutely. But (almost) every forum is open for anyone to post in, and, much like having a passport and traveling to another country, you are subject to the rules of said forum when you post there. I'm rarely if ever going to do extrajudicial punishment unless I hear something from someone in another forum about a regular here.

I'll use my buttons when appropriate. I'm not going to sixer people for derails. That's dumb. This forum operates differently than IZ which operates differently than CSPAM which operates differently forum BSS. I'm not enforcing another forum's ecosystem here. A warning/ask does just fine for the most part.

Finally, I'm not blanket shutting down any "crew" accusations. People are free to post/what they believe in, even if I don't believe it. If they violate some rules, then I'll take action. Otherwise I'm not moderating positions.

I do appreciate the feedback though

very well. thank you for your consideration. if you are short of something to do that is not the forum then might I recommend the megaman battle network collection, released just recently for switch and steam. it is a rip roaring good time

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

very well. thank you for your consideration. if you are short of something to do that is not the forum then might I recommend the megaman battle network collection, released just recently for switch and steam. it is a rip roaring good time

This is good advice

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Dr. Cool Aids posted:

megaman is win

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Every time I feel a twitch in my butt I wonder if I have a gbs thread coming along.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
probably piles, avoid hard surfaces

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

i've got a cream you can put on your threads and it raises their rating by two points in 4-6 days or your money back

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I'd have to go all the way to my desk to post. I barely had it in me to ask astral to do something the other day.

Slugworth
Feb 18, 2001

If two grown men can't make a pervert happy for a few minutes in order to watch a film about zombies, then maybe we should all just move to Iran!

Smugworth posted:

Stop gaslighting us Slugworth, we're on to you

I felt deep shame in my stomach when I saw that. Very glad I didn't show up in the sequel to that image that revealed folks with like 73,000 posts in SAD.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

BAGS FLY AT NOON posted:

Dude, you’re part of the reason people think there are crews so maybe gently caress off? You mysteriously appear every time there’s drama in GBS so you can go “Hurf durf what’s the deal with GBS” and then all your buddies are in SAD screeching for justice minutes later. Maybe stop doing that and the crew bullshit will go away.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
i have nothing else to say except that i hope seth and the other gbs mods take my feedback about crew posting seriously because im not trolling when i say that kind of posting leads to nothing good. peace

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

:downsbravo:

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

Flowers for QAnon posted:

Very cool! Right under your stuff was a suggested link to this content. Any relation?

Lets keep my mom out of this tia

Solefald
Jun 9, 2010

sleepy~capy

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i have nothing else to say except that i hope seth and the other gbs mods take my feedback about crew posting seriously because im not trolling when i say that kind of posting leads to nothing good. peace

Not a mod but I share your view on it all.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

Can someone tally how many posts this user makes about gbs versus how much they actually post in gbs

It seems a little problematic if im being honest. I dont think they have our best interests at heart.

I bet this coward doesnt even smokes crack

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Flowers for QAnon posted:

Very cool! Right under your stuff was a suggested link to this content. Any relation?

I wish!

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Grimey Drawer

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD posted:

Can someone tally how many posts this user makes about gbs versus how much they actually post in gbs

It seems a little problematic if im being honest. I dont think they have our best interests at heart.

I bet this coward doesnt even smokes crack

We're all a part of the forums and we might browse where we post, or not, etc. What kind of proof of gbsness will you require? Kinda weird not gonna lie.

Seth maybe you've gotten enough feedback for now?

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

actually i believe you will find that cliques do not and have never existed, neither irl nor online

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
i post in the rlm and vince mcmhaon threads sometimes and sometimes read other gbs threads i dont really think whether or not i post often in gbs makes the feedback about crew posting even less valid even if i have trolled before