Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
Check out the new Gundam ed

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvYiAqC3Mb8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Augus posted:

hell's paradise is pretty good so far

based on this recc and it being in swords and sandals times I'm gonna give this a watch

if your anime/manga isn't set in samurai times it's running uphill imo.
I know the Akira guy was meant to be doing a samurai manga but I think that idea was too good for this world. The Akira manga remains a masterpiece

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

If you want to watch something about being a youth and feel things watch Sonny Boy friends

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

Truga posted:

first ep of oshi no ko was amazing
I started watching this because the premise sounded too insane to be true, and I didn't realize the first episode was feature-length until I pressed play, but it honestly blew me away.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
friend recommended me sss-class suicide hunter and i've cried like a babe multiple times now and i'm only 2/3rds through what's released

edit: i should note it's got some real heavy poo poo going on in it so make sure you're ready for that.

Kitfox88 has issued a correction as of 04:24 on Apr 16, 2023

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Pitch posted:

I started watching this because the premise sounded too insane to be true, and I didn't realize the first episode was feature-length until I pressed play, but it honestly blew me away.

quote:

Sixteen-year-old Ai Hoshino is a talented and beautiful idol who is adored by her fans. She is the personification of a pure, young maiden. But all that glitters is not gold.

Gorou Amemiya is a countryside gynecologist and a big fan of Ai. So when the pregnant idol shows up at his hospital, he is beyond bewildered. Gorou promises her a safe delivery. Little does he know, an encounter with a mysterious figure would result in his untimely death—or so he thought.

Opening his eyes in the lap of his beloved idol, Gorou finds that he has been reborn as Aquamarine Hoshino—Ai's newborn son! With his world turned upside down, Gorou soon learns that the world of showbiz is paved with thorns, where talent does not always beget success. Will he manage to protect Ai's smile that he loves so much with the help of an eccentric and unexpected ally?

wtf

you can't just get isekai'd into the same world you were already living in, that's hosed up

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.

Augus posted:

wtf

you can't just get isekai'd into the same world you were already living in, that's hosed up

Yeah, we're all trying to get off the wheel of Samsara here, buddy.

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

Gripweed posted:

Yeah, we're all trying to get off the wheel of Samsara here, buddy.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
So is it good or not

Someone give me season recs thanks

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

tokin opposition posted:

So is it good or not

Witch from Mercury

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど
Oshi no Ko is good but it's a weird setup where the first episode is 80 minutes covering the entire first one or two volumes of the manga. So it's maybe an okay anime for the first half with some episodic stuff introducing all the characters who will be important later, then it becomes much more dramatic and has an extremely emotional ending to hook you for the rest of the season. After that there's a timeskip and the rest of the plot has to take a pretty drastically different direction.

I watched some of the new Konosuba spinoff but man, the whole Crimson Demon gimmick was funny when it was just Megumin doing it. I don't know if I want to see a show that's just a dozen chuunibyou jokes with no straight man.

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

tokin opposition posted:

So is it good or not

skip and loafer
kubo-san when it resumes in a few weeks

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

Oshi no Ko: good so far. A wild series of events.

Hell's Paradise: good. Anime needs more wife guys.

Loving Yamada at Lvl 999: a rom com, but they play an MMO. I'll keep watching

The dangers in my heart: an edgy middle schooler has a crush. Cute rom com slice of life. Probably dropping it

Witch from Mercury s2: not picking up how I expected but I'm ready for it to go off the rails somehow

Konosuba Megumin story: I liked Konosuba, this should probably be okay?

Kaguya sama: I don't know if more of "season 3" is coming out or if it's just 4 episodes or what.

I forget what else I've seen. There are a million isekai this season.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Pitch posted:

I watched some of the new Konosuba spinoff but man, the whole Crimson Demon gimmick was funny when it was just Megumin doing it. I don't know if I want to see a show that's just a dozen chuunibyou jokes with no straight man.
you say that but
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1088794310595588176/1095759156520173699/netorare.mp4

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvvIdfIjoPE&t=5491s

this set rules

Megamissen
Jul 19, 2022

any post can be a kannapost
if you want it to be

wolfs posted:

Kaguya sama: I don't know if more of "season 3" is coming out or if it's just 4 episodes or what.

i think its the movie that was cut intro four parts or something

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

wolfs posted:

Witch from Mercury s2: not picking up how I expected but I'm ready for it to go off the rails somehow

What timing!

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Tengoku Daimakyou is a bit cookie cutter in setting so far but the characterization is really well done

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

Megamissen posted:

i think its the movie that was cut intro four parts or something

yeah its this, i don't know if a fourth season has even been announced yet

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
arakawa under the bridge, a deconstruction of capitalist elitism with practicable anarchy shown through the silly antics of peculiar characters that live by a river. Studio: Shaft.

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry

Cranappleberry posted:

arakawa under the bridge, a deconstruction of capitalist elitism with practicable anarchy shown through the silly antics of peculiar characters that live by a river. Studio: Shaft.

I liked it. Wish there was more of it. I think they ran out of material to adapt during the second season.

The manga seems good, but has a lot less energy, lacking voices and music and whatnot.

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

wolfs posted:

The dangers in my heart: an edgy middle schooler has a crush. Cute rom com slice of life. Probably dropping it
The main character is an unbearable school shooter in episode 1 but fortunately that seems to fall off quickly and at the end of episode 3 he's maybe turned over a new leaf. Whenever I see something changing that fast I have to wonder if it was the author pivoting as feedback for the first few chapters was coming in, but I have no idea how long it actually took in the manga.

Rie Takahashi screaming is great content. I guess it really just forces Megumin and Yunyun into being the straight men. I like them as characters and I laugh when it's something like Megumin getting an exemption for bringing her pet to school because she thought of a really good chuuni excuse, but I think I'm getting tired of the "visiting Megumin's village and finding out that she was actually pretty reasonable and all of the adults are much worse" joke that was already the basis for the movie.

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

Cranappleberry posted:

Also had a great opening song

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Magical Destroyer os giving off big FLCL vibes

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009
Guy who's only seen FLCL:

KomradeX posted:

Magical Destroyer os giving off big FLCL vibes

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Agnostalgia posted:

Guy who's only seen FLCL:

Ha!

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

wolfs posted:

lol

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

glad eri finally made a friend at gay gundam school

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
Dr. Stoned

wolfs
Jul 17, 2001

posted by squid gang

it’s just a train of new friends and birthdays at this point tbh

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
this show owns so much

https://twitter.com/BloodRaven55/status/1649701152898916352?s=20

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
I hate following this account because it shows me all these awesome-sounding series that will never get English releases

https://twitter.com/MangaMoguraRE/status/1649861326192226317?s=20

net work error
Feb 26, 2011

This sounds very much like my poo poo

Shiroc
May 16, 2009

Sorry I'm late
It sounds like a straight version of She Loves To Cook, She Loves To Eat

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

Augus posted:

wtf

wait a minute this is just that dumb Toby Fox Homestuck album about having a baby and the baby is you

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

That's a hell of a euphemism for "left his wife to raise orphan twins alone".

I hope she gets that remarriage to a handsome actor that god promised her in episode 1.

Pitch has issued a correction as of 04:33 on Apr 24, 2023

Orb Crabmelt
Jan 16, 2011

Nyorp.
Clapping Larry
Entertainment agency president-involved child abandonment

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

Pitch posted:

That's a hell of a euphemism for "left his wife to raise orphan twins alone".

I hope she gets that remarriage to a handsome actor that god promised her in episode 1.

he correctly surmised that those orphans were haunted as all hell and got out. dudes rock

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Agnostalgia posted:

he correctly surmised that those orphans were haunted as all hell and got out. dudes rock

https://twitter.com/sadiqojn/status/1070995854272675840?s=46&t=-XWkKO3R-9rsCKaFQLANMQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
https://twitter.com/mskdprsn/status/1650347069293441025?s=20