Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Our Boarding House really shouldn't be as good as it is but here we are with my chuckling at that drat Major doing it again.

readingatwork posted:

Calvin and Hobbes (Apr 11-12, 1993)

I love all the sunday strips of Calvin and Hobbes but this one makes me howl with laughter like TYRANNOSAURS IN F-14S!!!! :allears:

riderchop posted:

Rae The Doe, which you can support by pledging to the author's Patreon

:colbert: And she gave you an answer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Medenmath posted:

Prince Valiant

What DO we do with a drunken Saxon early in the morning?
Always earnestly surprised and pleased whenever a Garfield is actually funny this late in both our lives.

Doomykins posted:

I love all the sunday strips of Calvin and Hobbes but this one makes me howl with laughter like TYRANNOSAURS IN F-14S!!!! :allears:
You can tell Hobbes is not a human child and therefore cannot possibly be the product of Calvin's imagination because he's disturbed rather than excited by a perfect opportunity to yell KABLOOIE and throw toys everywhere.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Pondus

Storefri

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.
Daddy Daze

Take It From the Tinkersons

Macanudo

Dark Side of the Horse

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Julet Esqu posted:

Home Free

Fuckin barf

Congrats, though

There is something about this artwork that has consistently unsettled me, paired with the premise of "it's funny these people are homeless and going feral."

Payndz posted:

Not had kids, I'm guessing?

My baby son once put me in A&E (the ER for non-Brits) after he slashed my eye with the very, very sharp corner of his fingernail. Headbutts, slaps, bites, kicks and scratches are par for the course. Basically think of a baby's limbs as coiled springs that can twang at any time, usually right at your face.

I have been around kids (got a nephew and watched him while he was young on several occasions). I've never stopped being surprised at how little restraint they have for that kind of thing.

Green Intern fucked around with this message at 13:59 on Apr 16, 2023

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah, that one is on the short list of all-time great Calvin and Hobbes strips, just for "His eye twitches involuntarily" alone.

Rhymes with Orange

Get Fuzzy 4/15/03

Brenda Starr 10/16-18/50

Shut up, Pesky.

Smokey Stover 2/7/54

Everyday Movies 4/25/36

"A fine brother you got. Shirts when he needs, who even sees him? But to send money home to Europe for his relatives, for that he's here."

Invisible Scarlet O'Neil 4/14-16/41

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Bizarro

The Family Circus

Slylock Fox

FoxTrot

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

readingatwork posted:

Calvin and Hobbes (Apr 11-12, 1993)

Probably my all-time favorite C&H. "His eye twitches involuntarily" is a great understatement.

manero
Jan 30, 2006

Nancy 1943

Spoiler for Hitler, I guess?

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Mutts

Sally Forth

Peanuts (April 11, 1976)

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire and the Curse of Tangaroa!

Popeye

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Into Ilves

Nancy

Dustin

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

manero posted:

Nancy 1943

lol jesus

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

EasyEW posted:

Peanuts (April 11, 1976)

Fun fact: this was Pig-Pen's first appearance in over eight and a half years. (He's kind of a one-joke character, after all.)

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

manero posted:

Nancy 1943

Look at the angle of that arm, that man isn't heiling anyone, he's hailing a taxi!

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Pickles

Hagar the Horrible

Zits

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

1: I wish Crankshaft also ended instead of becoming this homogeneous Batiuk product.

2: I don't want to UM ACTUALLY/nitpick a Dustin comic but like...if I can't reach my feet to tie my shoes (and I can't, both for weight and flexibility reasons) I fuckin' lift my feet up to a higher position and rest it on like a chair or something so I can then bend to meet it easier. Alternately keep your foot on the ground but take a knee and then tie your shoes. What kind of absolute flexible weirdo just dead-rear end bends square-rear end down at the waist to do that like they're made of hinges, especially because it's an activity that requires two hands and a few seconds, I don't doubt that people can do it but like why not give yourself a break and just do it the easier ways?

Pancho Jueves
Aug 20, 2007

BEST FRIENDS!!

Is this supposed to be a pun or something?

everyone wear hats now
Jul 29, 2010

The Creeps

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
1980 comics

Dick Tracy

Footrot Flats

The Lockhorns

Computoon: Origins

don Jaime
Apr 3, 2004

Professor Wayne posted:

Hagar the Horrible

I shouldn’t be this stunned that any comic strip husband did something nice for his wife.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

don Jaime posted:

I shouldn’t be this stunned that any comic strip husband did something nice for his wife.

I really like that it's barely a joke (like, maybe a reference to car radio at best). It's just nice!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

F Minus

Mark Trail

Mary Worth

The Phantom

Pooch Cafe

I thank my dog all the time for her tireless efforts to keep us safe from the squirrel menace.

Rex Morgan MD

Andertoons

Gary's livin' the dream.

Flash Gordon

Haifisch posted:

Computoon: Origins

Hey! That's actually a pretty good joke!

Murdstone fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Apr 16, 2023

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

It's happening tonight, doc

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

don Jaime posted:

That reminds me, did they ever announce who was going to keep Hagar going after Chris Browne's backlog ran out?

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Murdstone posted:

Mary Worth

https://i.imgur.com/rZq7ioi.mp4

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Selachian posted:

Rhymes with Orange

what the gently caress

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

I’m with the person in the back. This poo poo looks like a magic trick.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Retail

Popcom

Hippocrass
Aug 18, 2015

That third panel of the first comic just makes it. It's still funny if you remove it, but that panel included just makes it top tier.
gently caress you Jerry.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Junk Drawer

Home Free

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

this screams layup lawsuit to me

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Haraiso Days

Cthulhu and Girl

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Pogo 7/17-19/50

The lighter side of suicide! Although "open up your miserable mind with a forty-four" is quite a good line.

Clot-poll is an archaic insult; poll in this sense means head (which is why polls are called polls, because you're counting heads...)

The book Pogo is reading, Girl of the Sterling North, is a double reference -- first to the popular play and movie Girl of the Golden West, and also the author Sterling North. (When I was a kid, my grandparents gave me a copy of North's book Rascal, about how he raised a baby raccoon, and I remember it as being a good read.)

Archie 2/10-12/47

Selachian fucked around with this message at 22:31 on Apr 16, 2023

Drimble Wedge
Mar 10, 2008

Self-contained

Scary Gary :drac:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

lmao whew lad I think that's a 0 to 60 firing

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Pancho Jueves posted:

Is this supposed to be a pun or something?
It's about how dogs will do anything for food. Rumpelstiltskin's price was the girl's firstborn, and the dog just wants her sandwich.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
Crabgrass

Old School Peanuts ()

Calvin and Hobbes (Apr 14, 1954)

Big Nate

Dunce

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
Kit + The Wolf

John Allison's Patreon John Allison's Gumroad store
Forward Slash Scare website for Allison's side comics

John Allison posted:

The Reavers are a team of Australian punk pirates. I recall them from some comics I read in 1987, 1988 and 1990. They’re less Neighbours, more Home & Away. I can remember the names of two of them: Pretty Boy and Bonebreaker. After that… it gets a little foggy. But I did my best. One of them has a sort of skull death mask face. I did not include him in this story because I did not think he would be good at going undercover, unlike the one who is half tank.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

The Demons of Baseball