Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

beer pal

what did u think of dogtooth? thats a divisive one

https://i.imgur.com/xQxnooW.png

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

baka of lathspell
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!

beer pal posted:

not ag but i brought up watching it in tc, really shoulda done it here

some parts made me uncomfortable but some made me lol

im midway thru the lobster rn

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs

beer pal posted:

royal tenenbaums meets the Village. It's a real family affair of a film. the moment the credits rolled I knew this one was gonna stick with me.

it affected me the same way a clockwork orange did, or requiem for a dream maybe. or Gummo. ur glad u experienced it but will probably never feel the need to watch it again

having said that I feel like the idea of raising ur children in total seclusion from the outside world is such a great premise it should be a whole genre of movie rather than just this one film. u could take that idea in a thousand directions

5/5 it was brilliant

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.

Areola Grande posted:

It's a real family affair of a film.

:dadjoke:

Buttchocks

No, I like my hat, thanks.
The 10 Commandments (1923). Quite a bit different than the Charleton Heston one. Only the first half is the Biblical story, and the second half is a morality tale set in (1920's) modern times. There's a lot of thematic bleedover from the first half to the second, and both halves would be fine on their own, but it felt weird to jump tracks like that in the middle. It's like when sci-fi movies start out on an alien planet and then make excuses to get everyone to modern day LA.

Areola Grande

I need more foreign/cannes film festival flicks like dogtooth in my life if anyone has suggestions btw

canyoneer

I only have canyoneyes for you

Buttchocks posted:

The 10 Commandments (1923). Quite a bit different than the Charleton Heston one. Only the first half is the Biblical story, and the second half is a morality tale set in (1920's) modern times. There's a lot of thematic bleedover from the first half to the second, and both halves would be fine on their own, but it felt weird to jump tracks like that in the middle. It's like when sci-fi movies start out on an alien planet and then make excuses to get everyone to modern day LA.

I had to look up if that's the one with the flood scene where some extras actually died but no, that was Noah's Ark (1928)

1923 Ten Commandments was the one where they left the giant set pieces in the California desert and they were later excavated in the documentary Lost City of Cecil B. DeMille

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
Terrifier

it was p crazy and gory

thanks deep dish peat moss and big black turnout!!

Robot Made of Meat

Abraxis.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

frump truck

hello... again!

I watched Colossal and thought the synopsis of the movie was way better than the actual movie

I watched Nope and it was okay

frump truck

hello... again!

Banshees of Inisherin fuckin slaps. i didn't watch it last night though, more like a month ago

e: oh wait i already posted about that. lol memory

Areola Grande

frump truck posted:

Banshees of Inisherin fuckin slaps. i didn't watch it last night though, more like a month ago

e: oh wait i already posted about that. lol memory

watch it again while trashed sometime. it still slaps

watho

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Sarah Cenia posted:

Terrifier

it was p crazy and gory

the sequel is way better imo

https://thumbs.gfycat.com/BigClutteredJoey-mobile.mp4
thank u vanisher for the sig
and thank u nesamdoom for the good loops

Robot Made of Meat

Destination: Inner Space.

Talky, turgid, and a whole lot of fighting with an alien fish-monster.

baka of lathspell
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
giant god warrior appears over tokyo, an anno short film released as a studio ghibli production and a prequel to something, i forget. lots of poo poo blew up in this one & i liked it a lot 10/10

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

beer pal

infinity pool (did not like)

https://i.imgur.com/xQxnooW.png

free hubcaps

I'm watching Tampopo rn and it's great

ty Saoshyant!

Robot Made of Meat

free hubcaps posted:

I'm watching Tampopo rn and it's great

Always an interesting experience.

watho

true romance

sb hermit

lights out (2016)

sb hermit

The Devil Below

sb hermit

Phenomena (2023, Netflix)

Finger Prince

Dungeons and Dragons thieves within or something

It was thoroughly enjoyable and I highly recommend it. The humor was on point, especially if you've played the game. The characters, especially the paladin, too. Just a really good flick. Go see it with some friends, or by yourself like I did and laugh along with the fellow anonymous geeks in the audience. Just the right amount of fan service imo.

From the previews, the following look promising:
The new Wes Anderson flick Asteroid City or whatever. Looks like a contender for best cinematography.

New animated TMNT looks absolutely fantastic and I will definitely watch this.

The spiderverse movie looks good too, but probably more of an airplane movie tbh.

sb hermit

Finger Prince posted:

Dungeons and Dragons thieves within or something

It was thoroughly enjoyable and I highly recommend it. The humor was on point, especially if you've played the game. The characters, especially the paladin, too. Just a really good flick. Go see it with some friends, or by yourself like I did and laugh along with the fellow anonymous geeks in the audience. Just the right amount of fan service imo.

:same:

Areola Grande

The Death of Stalin

Finger Prince

Areola Grande posted:

The Death of Stalin

a great flick

Sarah Cenia

Laying in the forest, by the water
Underneath these ferns
You'll never find me
my favorite scene in that movie was when they were standing at the wake and one suggested that they switch places, but make it look like a ceremonial move or something

thanks deep dish peat moss and big black turnout!!

Ominous Jazz

Big D is chillin' over here
Wasteland style
I watched Hell Comes To Frogtown last night. In April me and my friends do an annual "bad movie month" culminating in watching the hit movie Food Fight. We setup an underpowered projector and watch the movies on the side of the art studio next door.

Hell Comes To Frogtown is a weird movie, and it's Bad, but not bad enough and it's horny but it's not horny enough. It stars Roddy Piper as Sam Hell. It's quarter past the apocalypse and the nukes have made some people frogs and most people infertile. Not Sam though, and he's hired by the femdom government to rescue 5 fertile virgins (strange!) from Frogtown a town full of frog mens. There's action! it's not very good. it's a weirdly unhorny movie for being so horny. you don't even see ONE mutated frog penis (pee pee), despite their being a lot of horny frog weirdos and it's even a plot point that the bad guy frog has THREE penises (pee pees). It's really unambitious despite its premise and it's very comfortable wasting your time. On a scale from -10 to 10, with 10 being earnestly a great movie and -10 being a great bad movie, it's sitting at like... -4

baka of lathspell
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
i watched reign of fire which is about christian bale & gerard butler surviving the apocalypse where everything was destroyed by dragons. there are a lot of dragons. theres matt mchonaugy with a shaved head. honestly the plot was limited but idk what else they couldve done

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Ominous Jazz

Wasteland style
I watched Friday the 13th Part 5! it was not good. It doesn't respect your time. There's a scene where a guy named Demon and his girlfriend Anita, sing to each other on the toilet and they're more likable than any one else in the cast.

Ominous Jazz

Wasteland style
I just watched Friday the 13th part 6! It's less bad, and the kills are better, but it's less ambitious and I liked the weird randos in part 5 more than the characters in part 6.

Mekchu

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the first of like three live action full metal alchemist movies that i think were made for tv in japan.

the cgi for alphonse was p decent, as were some other bits. the acting/sets not so much at times.

watho

sisu

baka of lathspell
Probation
Can't post for 4 days!
l.a. confidential cuzza the book forum ellroy thread

join dork order
sig by ??? (<3 u)

Charles Bukowski

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

I watched Graveyard of the Fireflies last night and it was very sad.

Thank you Saoshyant for the lovely signature.

Areola Grande

Master and Commander: The Far Side of the World

Charles Bukowski

I saw that in theater

Areola Grande

Charles Bukowski posted:

I saw that in theater

ships are cool

watho

Areola Grande posted:

ships are cool

it’s tucked up how something that heavy can still float. black magic imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Bukowski

watho posted:

it’s tucked up how something that heavy can still float. black magic imo

If we were meant fer the sea we'd have gills and flippers. If we were meant fer the sky we'd have wings and lighter bodies. I have opposable thumbs for ringtabs and lighters.