Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
sipping my tea while catching some bees...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

Cranappleberry posted:

I'm a manager at a large conglomerate and I like to spend my days off unwinding at the Honey Bee Inn in Sector 5. No one asked but they do full nude except all patrons and employees MUST wear shoes at all times or face a 100,000 gil fine. It's a health code thing.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
10. The Clam Shell (Full Nude Except Everyone Wears Flippers & A Snorkel)

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007

i've only been to michelle's beach house once but one of hte dancers asked if i wanted a dance then mentioned she'd just tried cocaine for the first time and later the bathroom attendant offered to sell me pills

I got the tude now
Jul 22, 2007
i also blacked o ut and got fired from the church i worked for the next morning for smelling like a strip club whil e being hungover.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Barefoot is very illegal

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

"full nude except for shoes" is about to replace "corsair is old? Now that's some win" from a FYAD signature as an intrusive thought lol

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

I got the tude now posted:

i also blacked o ut and got fired from the church i worked for the next morning for smelling like a strip club whil e being hungover.

I got the tude (fired)

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
ranch style pussy and full nude except for shoes living in my head rent free together

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Cranappleberry posted:

I'm a manager at a large conglomerate and I like to spend my days off unwinding at the Honey Bee Inn in Sector 5. No one asked but they do full nude except all patrons and employees MUST wear shoes at all times or face a 100,000 gil fine. It's a health code thing.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Cranappleberry posted:

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Lmao why tf would anyone brag about this ever? Ok maybe if you’re like 21 and are just discovering that strip clubs exist but at 27? Hahaha

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

sipping my tea while catching some bees...

Wait did he rereg after he autobanned or are you just probing his twitching corpse?

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

Frank Frank posted:

Wait did he rereg after he autobanned or are you just probing his twitching corpse?

i didnt know he autobanned before probing him with ranch style pussy

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 45 hours!

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

ranch style pussy and full nude except for shoes living in my head rent free together

I'm at serious risk of singing 'up to full nude except for shoes' to the TMNT theme in front of my parents

They're pretty chill but they didn't raise me like this. Who would.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

i didnt know he autobanned before probing him with ranch style pussy

Just keep probing him tbh

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

Frank Frank posted:

I've heard elsewhere that now when you autoban, you keep your avatar. Clicking on it brings you to the posters rapsheet.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

chainsawman: complete.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe
autobanned accounts have kept their avatars for over a decade

like here's an autoban from 2009 https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3052931

skeleton warrior
Nov 12, 2016

Frank Frank posted:

Just keep probing him tbh

Nothing in the rules saying an IK can't keep probing someone permabanned

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

seriously, insane anime's itemized itinerary is one of the funniest things I've ever seen

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

genuinely sucks that absolute freaks like iron crowned and the psycho gbs cyber soldier guy kept getting multiple chances to spread their fat turds all over the website to the point that a beloved poster got ran off. hope radia is well and gently caress everyone that emboldens or defends these fucks

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

sick of the poo poo tbh

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

the poo poo's not going anywhere

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Joey McChrist posted:

genuinely sucks that absolute freaks like iron crowned and the psycho gbs cyber soldier guy kept getting multiple chances to spread their fat turds all over the website to the point that a beloved poster got ran off. hope radia is well and gently caress everyone that emboldens or defends these fucks

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
on the one hand it sucks that a good poster left the forums (hopefully not permanently though who could blame her)

on the other hand at least i got to be #1 on a list of forum enemies posted by an insane D&D mod

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

this forum loving sucks man

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
ngl the extra attention i've been getting lately is making me uncomfortable

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

People do post very weirdly about you, and also make assumptions that you're some nefarious cspam mob boss or something lol

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Feels Villeneuve posted:

on the one hand it sucks that a good poster left the forums (hopefully not permanently though who could blame her)

on the other hand at least i got to be #1 on a list of forum enemies posted by an insane D&D mod

learned my lesson, I will never talk to a mod in SAD again

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
as funny as it is i actually really do not like being called a putin supporting russian stooge because i once posted that i do not like seeing videos of russian conscripts being killed and that people gloating over that footage was disgusting

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

as funny as it is i actually really do not like being called a putin supporting russian stooge because i once posted that i do not like seeing videos of russian conscripts being killed and that people gloating over that footage was disgusting

No worries those people will get dozens of chances to change their behavior.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

thats what happens when you interfere in the most important warfront (the something awful forums)

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

man I wanna remember a funny saga so this thread doesn't get nuked from orbit again but I'm having a hard time thinking of one atm

MFW HEAVEN IS A HOOTERS is one of the funniest bits on SA though

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
the mangosteen badge of courage

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Tokyo Sexwale posted:

man I wanna remember a funny saga so this thread doesn't get nuked from orbit again but I'm having a hard time thinking of one atm

MFW HEAVEN IS A HOOTERS is one of the funniest bits on SA though

Matoi Ryuko posted:

Hey everyone! I don't wanna yell at anyone while I'm all tired and about to lay down for bed, so now I'm rested and ready to type. My guess is that all of you pretty much think I don't spend any time thinking about the kind of probations I hand out, but I really actually really really do. I've been your moderator for about 22 months now, and this entire time I've been working on this post I'm posting right now, sort of like a state of the address or something, or like a supreme court opinion on adtrw. Anyway, onto the meat of the matter, I feel that alot of you are being too hard on Japan, the writing doesn't deserve the constant derision it receives because it's not terrible, it's just mediocre. If you're being too hard on shows for being just medocore then you're sort of going to be driving away our main clientele, which as a moderator is my top priority to protect. I know tokyo ghoul or tomo-chan or franxx or whatever is mediocre to all of you but people coming here from crunchyroll and reddit are not going to enjoy a wall of "It's terrible" if they're here to discuss their new favorite anime or manga. On the point of being too hard on japan, all of you know that japan has been through alot in the past century, and if satoshi kon's work is any indication into the goings on inside japan and specifically the anime industry, then japan was pretty much like a sea of porcupines before the 2011 tsunami. I see such a dramatic change in the soul of anime because of the tsunami and I feel that kill la kill was an embodiement of that change. Love hina was filled with hope and ambition and stayed focused around those themes well into negima, but now anime is so filled with anger, and I think all of you need to relax a little with the negativity towards what is an isolated island nation trying to reach out to the world just because you thought their writing was lackluster. They were just annilihated by the most powerful tsunami we've ever seen and there wasn't a country in the world 1/10th as prepared for tsunamis as japan was, and then a nuclear meltdown followed and it's like an infected wound in the soul of japan. There is hope in anime still, but it's a nation in mourning, and in recovery, so just take it easy. There doesn't need to be a massive ban storm for you guys to get the picture because I know how much smarter all of you are than the rest of the forums and as an aside if you hadn't realized it yet, I'm not going to be flinging insults at anyone, ever, it's not who I want to be.

this one takes a bit of time to read, but as always lmao

lornekates posted:

Been waiting for a lull in the CA traumadrama to post.

So a certain admin, FactsAreUseless, has decided to demod me. This was out of nowhere, and without any consultation with me, or with any other admin. The only reason I got is that I was being "too professional", and enforcing rules. The only way I can read this is that someone didn't like their probe, and complained to their admin friend. Just my feeling. (FYI: it wasn't anyone in this thread. Y'all are cool and I love you).

This, needless to say, hurts quite a bit. I've been wanting to participate more in the recent discussion, but I'm a bit heartbroken. Being perfectly honest, I don't know if I'll do any more than lurk. On the other hand, I'll sleep on that for the weekend. If I do go away, please be not-assholes to each other.

Any discussion I've had with other mods or admins seems to boil down to "no one but FAU seems to have decided this, so nothing we can do". So if you want any more information about what happened, or reinstatement, that's something you'll need to discuss with the admin of your choice.

Given that RDG basically only has 6 threads of note, and only 2 of them produce mod reports, I'm completely baffled as to how anyone can think too much time is spent on mod reports for a particular thread. It's-- literally just statistics.

Anyways, I'll try not to rant too much. Continue on the discussion.

My contribution (if it's my last): Diamanda Hagan just dropped a review of Chirpy 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6-CH750yqY If you don't know what Chripy is, Google her original review of it.

It's about a horse loving a bird. yup.

And FWIW, I just became a top-tier Patreon of hers, so sometime in the future there'll be a ep-by-ep TV series review of my choice, and a possible cameo.

I AM GRANDO posted:

There was some discussion of your demodding in a qcs thread on mod feedback. I went there to try to stump for you, but the matter seems closed. I don’t really understand the reasons given for demodding you.

lornekates posted:

Thanks, I appreciate the support.

The (long) short of it is:

1) A user was posting a Howard Stern related running gag in the Howard Stern thread. To refrain from drawing too much attention to this user, I'll just call him "The Petty loving Whiny poo poo-Fucker Known as Immortal Anime", or "Immortal Anime" for short.
2) A bunch of baby-pants Howard Stern fans got upset at an unfunny, worn-out "joke", which is super ironic given who they listen to.
3) I get near daily reports of "Immortal Anime posted Baba Booey wah wah". I laugh and file them under "Ignore". So let this be on the record, I was on the side of Immortal Anime and actively defending him against false reports of "thread-making GBS threads".
4) Some 50+ reports over several weeks later, I figure fine, let's make this fair. Post, to effect "Since this is a running joke, I will allow it as long as it's running. For as long as IA posts this once a day, every day, it isn't banned. Everyone else also is allowed to post this once a day with no repercussions. BUT if IA misses even a single day, the running joke has stopped running, and I'll agree it's thread-making GBS threads. Anyone posting it gets a probe/ban. I probably won't monitor it, so you have to let me know that the rule was broken. Anyone complaining to me around it gets a probation."
5) So it's a bog-standard "SomethingAwful is nonesense" thread rule. As is the, as I keep hearing, "SomethingAwful Culture".
6) IA misses a day, and the rule kicks in.
7) Some people explicitly test the rule, and get reported. They get a probation and/or ban. All is good and everyone is happy.
8) Some time later, someone else breaks the rule.
9) IA starts whining "MODS!". Literally. It's in the thread, you can go see it yourself. He also sends me a PM complaining about it. Note that this is against the rules, that everyone else was adhering too.
10) In the interest of fairness, I punish the original poster-- but also give Immortal Anime a short probation for breaking the rules. Maybe it was a day? I can't be arsed to check.
10.5) Again, can't be arsed, but I think for coming off his short probe-- wait, I think it was coming off the probe AND posting in the Howard Stern thread something like "gently caress you bitch rear end mod you can't touch me". Yeah, I think that was it. Well, that's just above and beyond any thread-rule thing. That's just rudeness and sass. So he gets a month probe for being so willfully brazen. I honestly don't care about the insults myself, but it isn't a good look to let someone who is already annoying the thread get away with off-topic straight out insults.
11) All seems well. Then Immortal Anime poops his diaper like a baby and starts to cry like a wussy to his friends who are mods in another thread.
12) They give him a short probation for something else. Depending on who you believe, it was either for breaking a rule in a different subforum (which happened to have the sideeffect of cancelling out the month-long probation-- that's how the SA mod system works for some reason)-- or it was doing that just as a cover story for intentionally evading a probation under a flimsy excuse. I think we can guess which way I lean now.
12.5) In fact, take special note of #12. IA was on probation, so he couldn't have posted something NEW that got him probated. That means that a moderator went back to an old post, and probated him for that. An old post. In the past. Keep a note of that.
13) I send a PM to the moderator "Hey, just an FYI, that user is on a month-long probe, just so we don't override each others' probes", because I figured it was an honest mistake. I don't hear anything back from that mod. Since I have no idea how that mod is related, and can't check on the mod queue anymore, I'll withhold that name.
14) I also make a post in the moderator subforums pretty much the same FYI, since I figure that's the best way to communicate with the other mods. In the mod subforum. For moderators. Where moderators talk to each other. Y'know.
15) An admin basically says "I retracted the overriding probe, I'll keep an eye on it". I say thank you.
16) I start getting PMs from several users alerting me that, once again, Immortal Anime has had his buddies short-circuit his probation. People are noticing that he's circumventing the rules, which is, again, not a good look. In fact, in the reading I did when I became a mod, I was under the impression that evading a probe or ban was itself a bannable / permabannable offense.
17) I re-queue the month ban because that is only fair.
18) Poopy-pants Immortal Anime, now that he's hidden under the skirt of his Mommy, sticks his tongue out at me, because he is a very mature adult. He starts emailing me PMs that range from insults to threats to nigh-doxxing. (Well, he thought he was being a Big Boy by insinuating he doxxed me, but since all he actually unearthed was one of the top hits when you google my name, it wasn't very impressive. For the record, it was the Master Chef Canada audition tape I put together for a laugh: https://vimeo.com/70910715).
19) I reply cordially to him, explaining at first that the most ironinc thing about his tantrum is that he actually had my support for his running joke. I had been explicitly protecting him-- rejecting requests to probate him for the running joke, and in fact came up with the thread rule to not only CONTINUE the running joke, but to actively punish anyone who tried to stop him. And instead he turn an ally into an enemy all on his own. My last PM to him is to calmly say "Look, my PMs are for moderator related communications. So unless this is official business, please don't PM me.". In other words, "I'm asking you nicely to stop trying to harass me, and I'm making that clear. This is me giving you an out to just walk away and not escalate this."
20) His response is to throw more mod sass. Like most "tee hee I'm being so clever" idiots, the words themselves are innocuous, but the intention is blatant. I don't like people like that. I really don't.
21) I do make these conversations and PM mod sass known in the Moderator threads. The message I get is basically "Yeah, people sassing in PM is a no-no, and is usually a punishable offense". Gotcha.
22) So, since I can't take an action on a PM (a mod can only action on posts in their own subform), I go back to find a post by Immortal Anime to action on. I was under the impression that you can't submit a probation on a post that already had a probation against it. I might have been mistaking, I can't confirm that-- typing this I might have been thinking "a user can't SUBMIT a mod report on a post that's already been reported". The first one I come across that hasn't been actioned on is one of his joke posts. I put a, I want to say 1 or 3 day on it. Kinda a subtle acknowledgement to the people who are already probing him for 1 or 3 days. It's short enough that if they try to evade it, they'll only make it longer by effect.
23) I start to get harassing PMs from Immortal Anime's friends. They are "harassing" in the same way-- innocuous phrase, intention is clear. I honestly don't care because it's a PM, but it's amusing in a way that watching a child trying to walk in Daddy's shoes is. They're just trying SO HARD to be Big Boy. But I don't really want a PM box full of people sending me these, so I respond with what is effectively a form letter, with the same intention as the one I sent to IA. "Thanks for emailing, I appreciate you taking the time. However, this PM is for mod business, etc, etc". If anyone has ever worked customer service, you know exactly how you handle an irate customer. They either want help, which you're here for them, or they want to yell, in which case you need to end the conversation. With a smile. I get a couple "you're weird" replies, but the PMs go away.
23.5) For the record, those PM users are, since you can easily cross-reference with people who are crying and lying in the QQcs thread: "pog boyfriend", "stay safe", "grumple wumpkins", and the lovely "gently caress My rear end".
24) All of the above is basically communicated in the Moderator sub-forum too, because I like to give co-workers a heads-up when a shitstorm is brewing, because there can be splash back. Also, so that if they're getting PMs or complaints with lies in them (again I'll point you to the QQcs thread), they have my version on hand. Silly me, I thought the word of a moderator, who is also a poster in good standing with the forum, would have more weight than some trolls with a grudge.
25) At this point, FactsAreUseless says he won't protect my month long probation. Whatever.
26) I log in and I'm demodded. (I wasn't aware of what's going on in QQcs thread at the time)
26.5) Now that I *AM* aware of that thread, remember what I said about point 12? "IA was on probation, so he couldn't have posted something NEW that got him probated. That means that a moderator went back to an old post, and probated him for that. An old post. In the past.". So yeah, check out that QQcs thread-- and note that the thing his buddies are complaining about is that he was probated for. The exact same thing. Funny how they can do one thing, then complain about other people do that same thing. Hmm, almost as if they're being-- disingenuous or something.
27) You'll note there is no bullet-point here where anyone from the Admin team says "Hey, Lorne, there's some performance we're unhappy about, so let's talk about it like adults to come to a mutually beneficial outcome". Or "We're thinking of demodding you, can you give us your side of this situation".
28) I log in and find I'm demodded, and a message from FactsAreUseless saying "I don't know if that's the way to phrase it, and I've never sent one of these before, so this will be super awkward. Anyway, we've demodded you. You seem like you're trying to be very serious and professional about moderation, but in a way that isn't really compatible with the forums. Thanks for all the work you put into RGD. I appreciate it."
29) What the gently caress? "serious and professional" about moderation. Yeah, no poo poo, that's what you do in a position of power and responsibility. And "serious", what the gently caress, have you ever read one of my posts? Did you SEE the goddamn hoop-jumpy stupid fun thread rule I put into place? And your appreciation is to demod me with no discussion? I feel REAL appreciated there, buddy.
30) And you will notice the "we" in there. Yeah, so, after talking with some other mods & admins though basically a few "What happened?!?" emails, trying to understand what happened, the messaging I get back is "We're surprised too. There was no discussion about this. No one on the admin team was part of this decision, just FactsAreUseless. Sorry."
31) I write this "short" post.

tldr: So there you go. A pissy-baby shitfucker known as Immortal Anime gets special privileges from a moderator. He then manages to still mess that up, and gets punished for it. He whines to his friends who help him evade punishment. He throws abuse, and gets punished for it. His friends whine, lie and misrepresent what happened. The whining makes it's way to an admin who is friends with the whiny babies. The admin acts on his own to demod me.

And what would a post be without some screenshots?

Immortal Anime going "wah wah my friends like me better i'm not mad ur mad it was just a joke and u don't like fun" (again, remember, the entire point of these rules was to LET him have his annoying fun). Note the pathetic attempt at "doxxing" there.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

and almost immediately thereafter

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
and the lovely "gently caress My rear end".

a persistent intrusive thought

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

the lovely gently caress My rear end, lmao

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
baba booey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

I appreciate the work you and the heroic C-SPAM mods who empowered you did to make this forum safer both for women and dogs, but yeah if this is all getting too weird take some time to relax or chill out elsewhere.