Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Junpei posted:

thankfully this is what their fight scenes can look like now thanks to motion capture and modern grapics

hey maybe don't post a video of the game that isn't out here yet tia

e:

Sakurazuka posted:

Yeah was was with Estelle's portrait in the Crossbell games....

Joshua's isn't great either. At least the other Sky characters made it out okay.

e2: Speaking of Sky characters, [Azure Ch. 2+]Kilika why. I expect this kind of behavior out of Lechter(who is truly on-point here, completely insufferable warcrime-facilitiating and gets no comeuppance as usual) but you? At least your terrorists were lovely racists rather than the victims of your own imperailism, I guess.

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 09:12 on Apr 16, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
Looks like Ys X is coming out in Japan this year, how long did it take for IX to get translated and released in the US?

Also curious about that new version of Felghana, but I'd much prefer they just do a compilation of the originals like the castlevania collection Konami had M2 do. Would love to see the first Ys on every system they put it on back in the 80's, it was everywhere.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Would really love a port of the TubroGraphix version, it’s how I first played it and fixes the biggest problems I have with the Complete version of Ys 1/2.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Last Celebration posted:

Would really love a port of the TubroGraphix version, it’s how I first played it and fixes the biggest problems I have with the Complete version of Ys 1/2.

Okay what? I was told to play this version because it rules and I did and it was great up until I got to Castle Valestein where the knights just tore my max-stat Adol into noodles.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

So kawaii..
Chapter 4
*gasp*

I know some stuff got spoiled in Cold Steel, but man, forgot how seemingly just about EVERYONE is some kind of secret agent or double agent or triple agent or turns baddie.
Mariabell is kind of a huge Mariabitch to be honest.
Arios, you fucker, I trusted you.
Also KeA got bigger! Sept of Zero. Its the name of the last game :O

woah, Wald is able to go back to human form, guess he actually has control.

Kind of sad to see Noel and Wazy leave, but I guess this part of the game has to be seen by the OG SSS squad.
Neat to finally start to see what happened in Crossbell, since Juna and the backstory of it was a huge part of the game.

*gasp*, Its the giant mech Aions :O

Also, not you too!
Noel!!! Why, I maxed your bonds, you were suppose to be my romantic interest pick. I was gonna break up with Elle for you.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Sir Tonk posted:

Looks like Ys X is coming out in Japan this year, how long did it take for IX to get translated and released in the US?

Also curious about that new version of Felghana, but I'd much prefer they just do a compilation of the originals like the castlevania collection Konami had M2 do. Would love to see the first Ys on every system they put it on back in the 80's, it was everywhere.

A year and a half later. Falcom apparently doesn't let their western partners begin work on localization until it's already out 6 months in Japan for some backwards, asinine reason.

Kale
May 14, 2010

Junpei posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qb4KsDE5gFY&t=19s

thankfully this is what their fight scenes can look like now thanks to motion capture and modern grapics

Rixia Mao being in 3D was clearly a mistake though. Looking at her in Zero/Azure in 2D sprite/splash art style versus how she looks now in Kuro as an HD-3D character model is comically ridiculous.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

GateOfD posted:

Chapter 4
*gasp*

I know some stuff got spoiled in Cold Steel, but man, forgot how seemingly just about EVERYONE is some kind of secret agent or double agent or triple agent or turns baddie.
Mariabell is kind of a huge Mariabitch to be honest.
Arios, you fucker, I trusted you.
Also KeA got bigger! Sept of Zero. Its the name of the last game :O

woah, Wald is able to go back to human form, guess he actually has control.

Kind of sad to see Noel and Wazy leave, but I guess this part of the game has to be seen by the OG SSS squad.
Neat to finally start to see what happened in Crossbell, since Juna and the backstory of it was a huge part of the game.

*gasp*, Its the giant mech Aions :O

Also, not you too!
Noel!!! Why, I maxed your bonds, you were suppose to be my romantic interest pick. I was gonna break up with Elle for you.

Seeing these events from Cold Steel first is funny, because the Erebonian papers are like "pure and innocent Empire shocked and aghast at evil Crossbell's declaration of independance and their sinister forcefield, we definitely weren't actively trying to annex them at the time"

I was ride-or-die with Elie in both games ever since she gave that speech in Zero about how hosed-up Crossbell actually is. Worked out pretty well.

Kale posted:

Rixia Mao being in 3D was clearly a mistake though. Looking at her in Zero/Azure in 2D sprite/splash art style versus how she looks now in Kuro as an HD-3D character model is comically ridiculous.

hey maybe don't directly quote the video of a game that we didn't even get yet tia

e: like if you wanna share it that's fine, just give the link, tag it as from the new arc and don't fuckin embed it

Yinlock fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Apr 16, 2023

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

I mean, it should be spoilered yes but on the other hand, Kuro 1 is fully fantranslated into English now and the NISA PC version is right on Steam, available to purchase. It's a bit silly to demand all talk of the Calvard arc isn't talked about in the thread.

E: Ah, didn't see your edit until after I posted.

Selenephos fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Apr 16, 2023

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Mr. Fortitude posted:

I mean, it should be spoilered yes but on the other hand, Kuro 1 is fully fantranslated into English now and the NISA PC version is right on Steam, available to purchase. It's a bit silly to demand all talk of the Calvard arc isn't talked about in the thread.

E: Ah, didn't see your edit until after I posted.

Yeah I myself am a big baby about spoilers but I'm not gonna demand that everyone never talk about the new arc because of that, just tag it please.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?
I wasn't trying to imply that the graphics should be on par with Final Fantasy (that would be unrealistic) but Trails graphics seem below average for their generations in general. It would be nice if the Cold Steel graphics were at least Tales-level.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They are, just ya know, Tales of Symphonia

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The graphics aren't a problem, it's more that they're trying to do HD stuff without the polish or budget, when they can probably look better off with a unity anime style instead of like further inflating Elie

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Mr. Fortitude posted:

A year and a half later. Falcom apparently doesn't let their western partners begin work on localization until it's already out 6 months in Japan for some backwards, asinine reason.

Guess that makes sense if you're expecting to patch the game, but you'd also think any patches wouldn't be for script fixes.

I just need to learn Japanese then this wouldn't be an issue

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Random note: I'm 90% sure that KeA refers to herself in the third person based on the dialog, and I hadn't noticed until now.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Prowler posted:

Random note: I'm 90% sure that KeA refers to herself in the third person based on the dialog, and I hadn't noticed until now.

This is a thing that young girls sometimes do in anime/manga; there's usually nothing in particular implied by it.

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.
The new trails anime was bad. It was fun seeing some characters and locations in animation but it feels like it completely undersold everything implied about the events in CS3/4 all the while making no real sense plot wise

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Tae posted:

The graphics aren't a problem, it's more that they're trying to do HD stuff without the polish or budget, when they can probably look better off with a unity anime style instead of like further inflating Elie

What on earth happened there anyway. Those things look so out-of-place on her that I assumed someone actually hosed up rather than it being done on purpose

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

Tesseraction posted:

Okay what? I was told to play this version because it rules and I did and it was great up until I got to Castle Valestein where the knights just tore my max-stat Adol into noodles.

It’s been over ten years since I played it on the Wii Virtual Console, but I am like 99.9% sure that Castle Valestiein isn’t in any version of Ys 1/2.

Yinlock
Oct 22, 2008

Ohtsam posted:

The new trails anime was bad. It was fun seeing some characters and locations in animation but it feels like it completely undersold everything implied about the events in CS3/4 all the while making no real sense plot wise

A real CS anime would be like 5 seasons long between any plot movement as Rean tracked down each individual npc whenever anything at all happened to see their new dialogue

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Yinlock posted:

A real CS anime would be like 5 seasons long between any plot movement as Rean tracked down each individual npc whenever anything at all happened to see their new dialogue

an entire cour of elliot making eggs

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING
Honestly I'd kinda be into a Trails slice of life series, maybe an anthology

Just do 12 episodes that are basically the Sky 3rd doors, gently caress it

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

Yinlock posted:

What on earth happened there anyway. Those things look so out-of-place on her that I assumed someone actually hosed up rather than it being done on purpose

Rixia in CS2 was bad enough, but someone at Falcom got unfettered access to the character model sliders and just maxed them

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Yinlock posted:

This is what I want.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Sir Tonk posted:

Guess that makes sense if you're expecting to patch the game, but you'd also think any patches wouldn't be for script fixes.

I just need to learn Japanese then this wouldn't be an issue

Falcom has a bad habit of patching new story stuff and features into their games a month or two after release from Hajimari onwards. Happened with Hajimari with some extra story episodes which mostly introduce some characters from the Calvard arc, then happened with Kuro 1 by adding basic features like turbo and a bunch of other quality of life features that were straight up missing on release, then again with Kuro 2 by adding new playable characters and a new story epilogue for Marchen Garten. So it's possible, I guess.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Falcom has a bad habit of patching new story stuff and features into their games a month or two after release from Hajimari onwards. Happened with Hajimari with some extra story episodes which mostly introduce some characters from the Calvard arc, then happened with Kuro 1 by adding basic features like turbo and a bunch of other quality of life features that were straight up missing on release, then again with Kuro 2 by adding new playable characters and a new story epilogue for Marchen Garten. So it's possible, I guess.

I'd argue that their real bad habit is their insistence on releasing their games, not when they're finished, stable, bug-tested, contain everything they're meant to and ready for release, but simply when it's september.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Last Celebration posted:

It’s been over ten years since I played it on the Wii Virtual Console, but I am like 99.9% sure that Castle Valestiein isn’t in any version of Ys 1/2.

I'm talking about Ys 3, the one that was remade as Oath in Felghana.

Erpy
Jan 30, 2015
(insert title here)

Tesseraction posted:

Don't just walk up to them and start slashing. Use the double jump to either fake them out and attack them from behind or use a down-stab to stun them before going ham on them.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I'm talking about the TurboGrafix version of Ys 3, where you don't have a double jump or stun ability.

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?
Nobody said anything about the TurboGrafx-16 version of Ys 3 before you, though? I think that's where the confusion is coming from. People were talking about the TurboGrafx version of Ys 1 & 2, which does in fact rule.

I think you misread a post.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

unimportantguy posted:

Nobody said anything about the TurboGrafx-16 version of Ys 3 before you, though? I think that's where the confusion is coming from.

??

Sir Tonk posted:

Last Celebration posted:

Seems like a clear conversation to me

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Yeah if anything I wasn’t clear enough on specifying Ys 1/2 in my original post, I can see why OP thought I was talking about Wanderers From Ys.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Well on the plus side I can complain about how Wanders from Ys was bastard hard and I had to give up.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tae posted:

kuro no kiseki looks fine imo

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also theres like two dozen lines of dialog in crossbell about elie's Big Ones. this was always falcoms vision.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Endorph posted:

also theres like two dozen lines of dialog in crossbell about elie's Big Ones. this was always falcoms vision.

I remember the lines about how stacked Rixia is, but not as many about Elie. Are you sure you aren't getting them confused?

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Replaying CS1 I was kinda surprised by how many creepy comments Emma got, even from Rean, although he at least has the sense to just think it and not say it.

Also just from replaying CS1 and now on Chapter 1 of CS2, it really hits home how dirty Claire has been done by the end of the Erebonia arc.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Tesseraction posted:

Replaying CS1 I was kinda surprised by how many creepy comments Emma got, even from Rean, although he at least has the sense to just think it and not say it.

Rean, Fie, Millium, Crow, Alisa's grandpa...

Oddly not Angelica though!

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
She can't be everywhere at once, fortunately

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

Well, even when they were backstage before the concert in CS1, Angie was much more interested in Fie and Millium.