Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

Everyone posted:

His back wasn't the problem. It was his hip being broken by his new archenemy... stairs.

Marlon Wayans making a cameo as Robin, taking Brue to a doctor's appointment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

It’s like all the streaming services tricked themselves into thinking subscriptions would increase indefinitely if they just put a ton of money into new content. It’s not like it’s merchandise, there’s only so many people who will sub to a service. Although if they end up sprinkling good content in once of twice a year with a payoff movie down the line if it gets popular isn’t a half bad way to differentiate yourself.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Invalid Validation posted:

It’s like all the streaming services tricked themselves into thinking subscriptions would increase indefinitely if they just put a ton of money into new content. It’s not like it’s merchandise, there’s only so many people who will sub to a service. Although if they end up sprinkling good content in once of twice a year with a payoff movie down the line if it gets popular isn’t a half bad way to differentiate yourself.

It's kinda like the whole thing with live service games, or MMOs back in the day; everyone in charge sees unlimited money and unlimited growth not realising that the market simply can't support more than a few of them at a time.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
Feel like it’s important to note that music streaming played with the idea of “exclusive albums” and originals made specifically for their service back in the day but gave up on it pretty quickly and are currently facing none of the problems video streaming is right now.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Pirate Jet posted:

Feel like it’s important to note that music streaming played with the idea of “exclusive albums” and originals made specifically for their service back in the day but gave up on it pretty quickly and are currently facing none of the problems video streaming is right now.
Ooh, new Coldplay album... 'Exclusive songs for Bestbuy, TARGET, walmart editions"

*Whistles as they load up PirateBay*

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Inzombiac posted:

I'm not SUPER in love with the actor but that's probably because the script was a little weak. I'm gaga for the G. Willow Wilson run of her comics and just want more and more.

As big of a fan as I am of Ms. Marvel, I still refuse to buy that Avengers game lol

That is valid, I like the game but it is ultra grindy. Its a good chill out action RPG, and the Ms Marvel campaign can be finished pretty quickly. It regularly goes on sale for $7.50, and is included with Game Pass on xbox and Windows.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ghost Leviathan posted:

It's kinda like the whole thing with live service games, or MMOs back in the day; everyone in charge sees unlimited money and unlimited growth not realising that the market simply can't support more than a few of them at a time.

Exactly, all of those live service games currently are shutting down left and right and can no longer be played anymore. Avengers thankfully has an offline mode, and its cash shop was removed and all cosmetic DLC made free. Most of these games though were not so lucky and are just simply no longer playable anymore.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
The most disappointing part about the Avengers game is that the basic beat-'em-up gameplay is pretty satisfying. I loved playing Hawkeye, both Clint and Kate. Their fighting and traveling style was really fun, especially Clint's bow grapple. It's just a shame that they didn't really know how to advance the game after you finished the basic campaign. You can only run the same missions in co-op so many times before it's just a boring chore.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

FilthyImp posted:

Ooh, new Coldplay album... 'Exclusive songs for Bestbuy, TARGET, walmart editions"

*Whistles as they load up PirateBay*

Even Jay-Z's own wife gave up on trying to save his streaming service with an exclusive new album.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Invalid Validation posted:

This makes me wonder how Peacock is doing. That seems to be the one streaming service that is only doing a small amount of original content, none of it too extravagant, and mostly relying on its back catalogue. It would be really funny if Peacock of all things turns out to be the successful streamer.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Chairman Capone posted:

This makes me wonder how Peacock is doing. That seems to be the one streaming service that is only doing a small amount of original content, none of it too extravagant, and mostly relying on its back catalogue. It would be really funny if Peacock of all things turns out to be the successful streamer.

It's already been among the best streaming services ever because it has Chucky.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

Neo Rasa posted:

It's already been among the best streaming services ever because it has Chucky.

:hmmyes:

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal

Bogus Adventure posted:

The most disappointing part about the Avengers game is that the basic beat-'em-up gameplay is pretty satisfying. I loved playing Hawkeye, both Clint and Kate. Their fighting and traveling style was really fun, especially Clint's bow grapple. It's just a shame that they didn't really know how to advance the game after you finished the basic campaign. You can only run the same missions in co-op so many times before it's just a boring chore.

I was one of the rare lovers of Avengers and played the living hell out of it with a group of my friends. I knew a dev and was pretty plugged into the games small community. Had a mountain of issues plaguing it, both in the game and within its publisher and dev studio.

But like you said the core combat gameplay was really solid. It was a perfect game to shoot the poo poo with my friends over, watch a youtube doc or podcast/audiobook while beatin rando goons up with my kitted out supes.

The campaign is genuinely one of the best Marvel video game campaigns IMO, story and spectacle wise. Ill echo what someone said above, if youre a Ms Marvel fan and see it for dirt cheap, its absolutely worth a playthrough.

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Peacock gets big points because it has like the whole Universal movie catalogue so you can actually watch tons of classic films compared to many of the other apps.

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010

MokBa posted:

Peacock gets big points because it has like the whole Universal movie catalogue so you can actually watch tons of classic films compared to many of the other apps.

(HBO)Max has like half of the Sight and Sound top 50. Their TCM selection alone is worth it.

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.

live with fruit posted:

(HBO)Max has like half of the Sight and Sound top 50. Their TCM selection alone is worth it.

And it will be dumped by Zaslav in 3... 2...

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

AccountSupervisor posted:

I was one of the rare lovers of Avengers and played the living hell out of it with a group of my friends. I knew a dev and was pretty plugged into the games small community. Had a mountain of issues plaguing it, both in the game and within its publisher and dev studio.

But like you said the core combat gameplay was really solid. It was a perfect game to shoot the poo poo with my friends over, watch a youtube doc or podcast/audiobook while beatin rando goons up with my kitted out supes.

The campaign is genuinely one of the best Marvel video game campaigns IMO, story and spectacle wise. Ill echo what someone said above, if youre a Ms Marvel fan and see it for dirt cheap, its absolutely worth a playthrough.

Echoing this on the campaign and combat mechanics. I'm playing Gotham Knights right now. It scratches my Batman itch, but the controls and combat in Avengers was better.

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Bogus Adventure posted:

I get the feeling that Disney is banking pretty hard on X-Men revitalizing things. It's the last Marvel card that they can play that non-comic people recognize. The Fantastic Four and Doctor Doom would rule, but definitely not if they have John loving Krasinski of all people anchoring things as Reed Richards.

Betting the house on a fantastic four adaptation seems like a really bad idea if historical precedent is any indication

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

Betting the house on a fantastic four adaptation seems like a really bad idea if historical precedent is any indication

Ah, but these aren't your parents' Fantastic Four!

Human Torch has a flying skateboard now!!!

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Grendels Dad posted:

Ah, but these aren't your parents' Fantastic Four!

Human Torch has a flying skateboard now!!!

Actually, Human Torch having equipment powered by his, well, powers, could be pretty cool.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Ghost Leviathan posted:

Actually, Human Torch having equipment powered by his, well, powers, could be pretty cool.

Anything to make his powers easier to understand, or rather their limitations. He's got the same problem many mutants have, taken to their logical conclusions his powers would make him a world-ender.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

live with fruit posted:

He did the Morbius post-credit so you have to wonder how many houses he needs.

Multiplicity was a documentary

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

I think the only thing that would get me hype for MCU Fantastic Four is if they get Sam Raimi back for it and let him go crazy.

X-Men is definitely something they're holding back even more than just for the old actor contracts or whatever.

It's amusing how lovely the big two are getting people to actually read comics or format them in a way that would get people to actually read them. Like in theory they'd have some actual other newer-ish characters that are popular enough now to fill in the gaps or something. Like's been posted no one's going to give a gently caress if there's a X-Men vs. Avengers situation that's fronted by like Love and Jubilee.

Has Cronenberg's kid done anything since Possessor? Get him to do a movie about the when the X-Men encounter Mojo World or something

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Neo Rasa posted:

Has Cronenberg's kid done anything since Possessor?

He just had a movie come out, and it owned hard

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

precision posted:

Multiplicity was a documentary
And its events took place in real time!

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Get McDuffie's estate on the horn, it's time for the TNNT to save the MCU.

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Apr 16, 2023

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Neurolimal posted:

He died way too soon, it was a genuine loss to the medium. :(

Bonus sad trivia: Keegan-Michael Key was his half-brother but he didn't discover that until 4 years after Dwayne's death

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 18:30 on Apr 16, 2023

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Neurolimal posted:

Only if it's the original, hyper-violent version

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

precision posted:

Only if it's the original, hyper-violent version

Did you mistake the TNNT for the TMNT?

The Modern Leper
Dec 25, 2008

You must be a masochist

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

This owns so loving hard ✊🏾

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
Didn't Static Shock ride a manhole cover like a skateboard or am I just remembering it that way because I'm racist

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Didn't Static Shock ride a manhole cover like a skateboard or am I just remembering it that way because I'm racist

Static Shock did used elements of what he satirized in that pitch. You might still be a racist.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Static had electromagnetic powers and could levitate any metal object and then ride on it to give himself flight powers. In the first few issues he used trash can lids or whatever was handy, in issue 3 he built himself a metal disc which he could fold up so he could fit it inconspicuously into a duffel bag.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Not for nothing but Night Thrasher actually debuted as a Marvel character in Thor in Dec. of 1989. I don't recall him using a skateboard.

porfiria
Dec 10, 2008

by Modern Video Games

Don't let Warner Bros. see this.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Everyone posted:

Not for nothing but Night Thrasher actually debuted as a Marvel character in Thor in Dec. of 1989. I don't recall him using a skateboard.

Let me jog your memory, lol

His action figure even comes with a skateboard!

E: some trivia from the link you posted:

quote:

Tom DeFalco based Night Thrasher on newsstand market research. One time he was visiting Marvel Comics' newsstand distributor he asked their representative if any particular magazines were selling to teenage boys. He pointed DeFalco to skateboarding magazines like Thrasher, which DeFalco studied and based Night Thrasher on them.

His name literally means 'Dark Skateboarder'

Snowglobe of Doom fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Apr 17, 2023

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
If only we knew then where Speedball would end up. :sigh:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Pirate Jet posted:

To be fair, music streaming services do not fund the musicians that make the content for their platform and generally underpay the poo poo out of the artists on their platform. Streaming video services have to pay to make new content or buy it from other places.

stratdax
Sep 14, 2006

I'm honestly surprised that the big music labels like Sony or Universal haven't pulled their music off the streaming services and tried to start their own.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

stratdax posted:

I'm honestly surprised that the big music labels like Sony or Universal haven't pulled their music off the streaming services and tried to start their own.
Shhhhhhhh.

Don't give them ideas.