Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Is this how waifu is made?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

imo attempting to be considerate of others who are playing the game for the first time is a good thing, regardless of how long ago it came out

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
This is the silksong thread, though. There is a thread for the first game elsewhere.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Ba-pa-nada :wink:

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
I'm a furloughed Team Cherry employee. They haven't worked on the game in months. They're just trying to find new ways to make drugs from Vegemite.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
https://twitter.com/jeremysmiles/status/1647634396906766336?t=baCIAfY9JkcWSlhdFxPB5w&s=19

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

wheres hungry knight

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I won't lie, I clicked the click-bait. And I have to agree with the entire list.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Waltzing Along posted:

I won't lie, I clicked the click-bait. And I have to agree with the entire list.

It's a humor site, like The Onion but for nerd stuff.

*sigh*

Bapanada.

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Can't wait for the release of silksong.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
It's gonna be Symphony of the Night on PC Gamepass, isn't it

which is not a bad thing, but it's not Silksong

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

ymgve posted:

It's gonna be Symphony of the Night on PC Gamepass, isn't it

which is not a bad thing, but it's not Silksong

it is silksong and when you click on it you get 10 rewards points and it lets you play the demo

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

It's a humor site, like The Onion but for nerd stuff.

*sigh*

Bapanada.

Wait, are you saying that list wasn't serious?

SkeletonHero
Sep 7, 2010

:dehumanize:
:killing:
:dehumanize:
The Hollow Knight costume in Dead Cells does not include the helmet and I’m pissed off. What dreck! Foolish and ignorant. Vile.

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

guppy posted:

Stalwart Shell and Quick Slash.

Thank you for this suggestion. It worked beautifully. Now I'm stuck on traitor lord. The fight itself isn't even the problem here. It's the fact that there's no benches close by, so it's a 7 minute platforming journey back to the fucker every time. I hate that poo poo.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming
If you’ve got the dream gate you can just set a waypoint by the boss door

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

Oh right. Forgot that exists

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Waltzing Along posted:

Wait, are you saying that list wasn't serious?

... it's complicated. You'll understand when you're older.

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

So I know I'm super late to this but I just started playing Hollow Knight a little over a week ago and finally got around to beating it. Fantastic game.

Anyway can you guys go ahead and tell Team Cherry they can go ahead and release silksong tomorrow? I appreciate them waiting for me to catch up and I'm ready for the sequel.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

They're waiting for you to finish Godhome, actually.

Get on with it, we're waiting.

e: also you have to kill Zote

Whitenoise Poster
Mar 26, 2010

God drat it. Okay, hang on. Give me a few more days.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

The Skeleton King posted:

Oh right. Forgot that exists

It's the primary purpose for it in most people's first playthrough.

guppy
Sep 21, 2004

sting like a byob

Thank you for this suggestion. It worked beautifully. Now I'm stuck on traitor lord. The fight itself isn't even the problem here. It's the fact that there's no benches close by, so it's a 7 minute platforming journey back to the fucker every time. I hate that poo poo.

That is the single worst fight in the game. It used to be easy, and shortly after launch they decided it was too easy and made it extremely hard. The main problem is that getting hit costs you two masks of health. I think I did the same thing for that as my previous recommendation, but added Grubsong. Can't remember for sure. I know it was close and I just barely made it. I also hate the fact that you have to fight normal enemies first, so it's questionable whether you'll have full health/soul when the fight starts. Definitely get Dreamgate first and set your gate right outside the boss chamber. Be careful about where, specifically, you put the gate; I accidentally put my gate right where your shade spawns when you die in that fight, and it was annoying.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

I don't particularly enjoy boss fights, but Traitor Lord is probably my favorite one. It's got a small moveset that's easy to memorize and iirc the moves are well telegraphed. But it's also fast and hits hard, so it's in a sweet spot for me where it's easy to learn but hard to execute. Good boss.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDNNibw31cU&t=64s

This was my build for it and the successful run is a little bit further in if you want to watch it.

I used descending dark a lot in the traitor lord fight to make use of the invincibility it gives you to essentially walk through him whenever I needed to switch sides.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1648310418937356288?s=20

Surely this time…

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

I hope my bapanada can take it

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
:pray:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://i.imgur.com/tcWvapA.gifv

Toxic Fart Syndrome
Jul 2, 2006

*hits A-THREAD-5*

Only 3.6 Roentgoons per hour ... not great, not terrible.

...the meter only goes to 3.6...

Pork Pro
:getgud:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Stop making me horny.

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

I feel like Microsoft is going to own the announcement because it's coming to Game Pass at launch, but dunno.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus

ColdPie posted:

I feel like Microsoft is going to own the announcement because it's coming to Game Pass at launch, but dunno.

Actually Silksong is going to be released as a surprise drop in the Nintendo Direct tomorrow.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

ColdPie posted:

I think you are right.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

ColdPie posted:

Stop being right :mad:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Snake Maze posted:

Actually Silksong is going to be released as a surprise drop in the Nintendo Direct tomorrow.

This.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
I understand that there is a promise. And it has been made.