Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zone
Dec 6, 2016

The sausages were a bit too much, and you could probably use small slices of roasted cherry tomato or sundried tomato instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Toasted
Jan 3, 2009

AARD VARKMAN posted:

I haven't looked at any American dogs in a while

bonus nachos

Would to both but wouldn’t be proud of either

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr posted:

I have tried Pequod's and Gino's East for Windy City deep dish. Where else can one try the good stuff?

George's Pizza in Edgewater which is the pizza pictured is probably some of the best pizza in Chicago. You have to get your order in 2 to 3 days in advance though because he only sells a certain number of pizzas a night. He uses a sourdough crust that takes 3 days to proof so his supplies are limited.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
I don’t really plan my takeout pizza eating that far in advance, it’s usually an impromptu selection when cooking is suddenly in limbo

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde

What is this? I recognise the jalapenos and the big hunks of onion but have no clue what the rest is

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Cheese, obviously, but maybe those are rice noodles?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

its sauerkraut

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
it's a bunless dog underneath, might be slaw? And cheese. Been seeing some weird slaw lately like this yellow one:

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

AARD VARKMAN posted:

I haven't looked at any American dogs in a while

bonus nachos

Imo you should be able to see the dog

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

AARD VARKMAN posted:

it's a bunless dog underneath, might be slaw? And cheese. Been seeing some weird slaw lately like this yellow one:

I refuse to believe there's coleslaw in this photo

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

Face it, it's coleslaw

I recall having a similarly fixin'd dog at a little shop next my office when I was in Alabama for work

It was good n messy

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Is it like…mustard slaw? Coz I can get behind that

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

I'm the cheese slice under the chili and on top of the hotdog that isn't even slightly melted.

Did they use cold chili wtf?

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Cheese slice clipping through the actual dog

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

This one seems less terrible and more just :sad:

https://twitter.com/FootyScran/status/1650475455961604097

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

that's a fuckin tortilla

david_a
Apr 24, 2010

Megamarm

Smugworth posted:

that's a fuckin tortilla

It is not, I can assure you. It’s impossible to tell from the picture but I suspect there is also a normal bun underneath

Edit: maybe not, I thought that was a standard thing but apparently they are also served with just a lefse. I dunno, I’m just an ex-Swede and haven’t been to Norway in a quarter century

david_a fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Apr 24, 2023

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

https://twitter.com/SportScran/status/1651265328138145793

This one just feels weird, even before you get to my fundamental questions about the entire concept of crabdogs

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Getting closer and closer to those sweet rear end Brazil dogs baby.

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Captain Hygiene posted:

This one just feels weird, even before you get to my fundamental questions about the entire concept of crabdogs

Hell of a lot better than the UK football stadium slice of pizza.. or hotdog... Or hamburger...

I would try that. You at least get your money's worth and you can each just pull the dog out of the dip sucks
It might be amazing though.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Wendigee posted:

Hell of a lot better than the UK football stadium slice of pizza.. or hotdog... Or hamburger...

I would try that. You at least get your money's worth and you can each just pull the dog out of the dip sucks
It might be amazing though.

You feel like you'd get your money's worth on this thing for 22 USD?

Mirage
Oct 27, 2000

All is for the best, in this, the best of all possible worlds
You don't pay $22 for a crab dog. You pay $22 to tell stories about that crab dog for years.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
I’m certainly not whipping up triple foot long crab dogs at home so I’d say it’s a good value. :yum:

ChairmanMauzer
Dec 30, 2004

It wears a human face.
I would eat the crabdog.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Crog dog

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

Mirage posted:

You don't pay $22 for a crab dog. You pay $22 to tell stories about that crab dog for years.

Legend

Mr. Fix It
Oct 26, 2000

💀ayyy💀

cut that price in half and i'd do it

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

how about we cut you in half

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Sorry that was overly harsh I just think that price isn’t that unreasonable

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

None of this talk addresses my concerns about the fundamental crab on dog premise. Like, how does that even work? They just feel like they're in two entirely separate taste categories with zero overlap.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Captain Hygiene posted:

You could get the "Horse Collar" at Lambeau Field from 2014-2016 (RIP). It's an entire 22 inch kielbasa covered in beer cheese and sauerkraut. I think most teams have at least one ridiculous Instagram food item on the menu. It was $20.

Captain Hygiene posted:

None of this talk addresses my concerns about the fundamental crab on dog premise. Like, how does that even work? They just feel like they're in two entirely separate taste categories with zero overlap.

I don't know, don't the swedes put shrimp salad on their hot dogs? I think they are in the same taste category (very salty, savory) with little contrast - normally I would want something vegetable to cut through all that salt and grease.

Whooping Crabs fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Apr 28, 2023

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Whooping Crabs posted:

I don't know, don't the swedes put shrimp salad on their hot dogs? I think they are in the same taste category (very salty, savory) with little contrast - normally I would want something vegetable to cut through all that salt and grease.
"Crab chips" are potato chips or fries with crab seasoning (basically Old Bay I'd assume). Does that help any?

rip to the horse collar though that does look and sound amazing

stringless fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Apr 28, 2023

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
Crab dip is mostly cream cheese and mayonnaise with a little bit of crab meat and some seasoning. Honestly it all hinges on the quality of those wieners

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Futanari Damacy posted:

Honestly it all hinges on the quality of those wieners

This is true of most things in life.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

bird with big dick posted:

Sorry that was overly harsh I just think that price isn’t that unreasonable

Especially since you can feed a family of four on it.

Captain Hygiene posted:

From my experience crab dip & crap fries contain enough salt to keep a herd of deer busy for a couple days. You will suffer the salt shits. And that's if the dogs are good.

e: leaving in the typo

PainterofCrap fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Apr 29, 2023

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

https://twitter.com/SportScran/status/1652442574332866561

This one feels like it has the potential for some interesting poop color down the road

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

Captain Hygiene posted:

https://twitter.com/SportScran/status/1652442574332866561

This one feels like it has the potential for some interesting poop color down the road

ime heavily dyed food only ever turns your poop black or green. not very exciting

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I've had the green ones from dark food, but I've never had absurdly red-dyed food. I thought maybe it'd be like beets and shift things in that direction.

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

Captain Hygiene posted:

Whatever the hell that is gooped on there, it looks an awful lot like what I cleaned out of the catbox today.

Which means it's probably bangin' tasty.

PainterofCrap fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Apr 30, 2023

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I think it’s earthworms