Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 60 minutes!
Yikes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Kevin Durant…welcome to the valley.

Barkley has decided to pick the clippers to spite KD presumably. Suns in 5

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
Just :piss: if both the Warriors and Bucks go out in the first round after winning the last two chips.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

When he was in college I had assumed that as a half-Black half-Japanese kid he must have had an American military parent and grown up on a base in Okinawa speaking English or something, but his dad is actually from Benin. I'm surprised he found basketball at all, let alone got to the NBA level.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
https://twitter.com/AndrewLeezus/status/1647744707618050053?s=20

Tough. Reminds me a little of the old Air Penny

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
Just watched the Lakers game. Austin Reaves will
make so much money next season.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Ragnarok the Red posted:

Just :piss: if both the Warriors and Bucks go out in the first round after winning the last two chips.

It’s game 1 in the first round, it’s kind of meaningless

ChickenMedium
Sep 2, 2001
Forum Veteran And Professor Emeritus of Condiment Studies

CharlestheHammer posted:

It’s game 1 in the first round, it’s kind of meaningless

Wildly overreacting to the first game of a seven game series is a time-honored NBA fan tradition.

chilihead
Nov 5, 2010

Is this real life, or is this fantasy?

Jack's Flow posted:

Just watched the Lakers game. Austin Reaves will
make so much money next season.

LOL Yup! Over on the Magic forums, went from never talking about him to posting how much do we have to offer for the Lakers not to match!!!

Meanwhile the Lakers will pay him,Hachimura,Russell and silly Schroder will be left out in the cold wondering how come he still can't get paid!

KurdtLives
Dec 22, 2004

Ladies and She-Hulks can't resist Murdock's Big Hallway Energy

ChickenMedium posted:

Wildly overreacting to the first game of a seven game series is a time-honored NBA fan tradition.
If Giannis is out for a couple of games or playing hurt it isn't.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Doltos posted:

I pronounce Rui Hachimura like Rod Serling would say it

Proper way

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/chrisbhaynes/status/1647769187052589057?s=46

KurdtLives
Dec 22, 2004

Ladies and She-Hulks can't resist Murdock's Big Hallway Energy
Sorry Heat fans.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

KurdtLives posted:

Sorry Heat fans.

What do you mean he’ll be back just in time for the Finals

looooooooooooooooooooooooool

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Kevin Durant…welcome to the valley.

Barkley has decided to pick the clippers to spite KD presumably. Suns in 5

Honestly the more I listen to him it sounds like a reverse jinx attempt. Charles is still in your court.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Normally I would agree with you but any time you come across as more thin skinned than Kebenderant…it’s bad

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Let's go Wolves, make it 4 from 4 upsets.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
11pm eastern tip for the last game? What are you doing NBA?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Russ owns so much

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

That was an all time great defensive play

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001
I always knew my love for Russ would pay off on the end, I never doubted him, not for one second, all my grumbling after the buyout was just to feed him psychic energy, the Clippers are totally not cursed and this will totally not backfire when he shoots ten threes next game.

BoonyPC
Feb 19, 2007

OzFactor posted:

I always knew my love for Russ would pay off on the end, I never doubted him, not for one second, all my grumbling after the buyout was just to feed him psychic energy, the Clippers are totally not cursed and this will totally not backfire when he shoots ten threes next game.

I am kinda hoping Russ helps the Clips go far, he’s an inefficient shooter and makes some bad decisions at times but he plays with such heart, I don’t think he deserves a lot of the hate he gets…it’s kind of turned me from not liking him a few years back to hoping he goes ok to shut people up…Still not sure what the lakers were thinking trading for him when they did , I feel Russ got some hate for not fitting the roster when it was pretty obvious beforehand it wasn’t a great fit.

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

OzFactor posted:

Well looks like he shot 15% from 2 and 16% from three so he's actually a better 3-point shooter.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby
I am rooting for Bismack and Samurai to enjoy multiple series wins.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

kalensc posted:

I am rooting for Bismack and Samurai to enjoy multiple series wins.

Ty. I'm desperately working on not letting this wreck an otherwise awesome day. :smith:

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000
Westbrook following the game by visiting some Suns fans

https://twitter.com/BCH66223/status/1647790934988574721

edit: Maybe this was halftime?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I did not watch the game as I was entertaining company, but is it fair to say that the Clips gave the Suns an absolute haymaker and the Suns still almost pulled it out, or is that just copium on my part?

This is a sincere question and again, didn't watch game, so I may be a stupid moron, but that's the vibe that I get based on the info I have.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Athanatos posted:

Westbrook following the game by visiting some Suns fans

https://twitter.com/BCH66223/status/1647790934988574721

edit: Maybe this was halftime?

https://twitter.com/Valor_800m/status/1647814123491606529

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I did not watch the game as I was entertaining company, but is it fair to say that the Clips gave the Suns an absolute haymaker and the Suns still almost pulled it out, or is that just copium on my part?

This is a sincere question and again, didn't watch game, so I may be a stupid moron, but that's the vibe that I get based on the info I have.

Yeah the Clippers started out on fire but it was tied going into the fourth.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized

BoonyPC posted:

I am kinda hoping Russ helps the Clips go far, he’s an inefficient shooter and makes some bad decisions at times but he plays with such heart, I don’t think he deserves a lot of the hate he gets…it’s kind of turned me from not liking him a few years back to hoping he goes ok to shut people up…Still not sure what the lakers were thinking trading for him when they did , I feel Russ got some hate for not fitting the roster when it was pretty obvious beforehand it wasn’t a great fit.

Russ played with heart tonight, but he for sure hasn't given much of a poo poo on defence 95% of the time since he left OKC. Maybe he's now finally accepted that he isn't a star anymore and can't slack off without the ball or he won't see the floor.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Hard to answer imo. I think Westbrook may shoot better than 15% in the next game. However, I also wouldn't be shocked if Durant has a bigger game 2.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Apr 17, 2023

Red Rox
Aug 24, 2004

Motel Midnight off the hook

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I think the Suns will still win, but it won’t be easy. Probably the worst time to come up against Kawhi.

OzFactor
Apr 16, 2001

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I do feel like that was everything the Clippers have and the Suns could have won if just a couple more shots fell. Obviously that is mathematically correct but you know what I mean. I still just don’t know how they could beat this suns team four times.

I don’t remember who it was but I saw someone on twitter say something like “the suns should try the strategy of remembering that they have Kevin Durant now”

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

tanglewood1420 posted:

Russ played with heart tonight, but he for sure hasn't given much of a poo poo on defence 95% of the time since he left OKC. Maybe he's now finally accepted that he isn't a star anymore and can't slack off without the ball or he won't see the floor.

he was super motivated today for sure, playoffs, underdog, lakers won, etc

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
I'm being sincere when I say that the first two days of the playoffs are some of my favorite days of the year. The entire days of sitting on the couch, the wild overreactions, finally seeing Meaningful Hoops, it loving rules.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!

kingcobweb posted:

I'm being sincere when I say that the first two days of the playoffs are some of my favorite days of the year. The entire days of sitting on the couch, the wild overreactions, finally seeing Meaningful Hoops, it loving rules.

It's one of the best times of the year because of hockey and baseball, too

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

jackofarcades posted:

It's one of the best times of the year because of hockey and baseball, too

yeah I'm gonna try out hockey for the first time too! Gonna root for Denver in one series and against Colorado in the other. Tickets to hockey playoffs in Seattle are like 2.5x what they are in Colorado, hate this tech money bullshit

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

kingcobweb posted:

I love blanket meaningful hoops. It feels safe to me. Safe and sound

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Playoff hockey can be very fun.