Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is the most powerful flying bug?
This poll is closed.
🦋 15 3.71%
🦇 115 28.47%
🪰 12 2.97%
🐦 67 16.58%
dragonfly 94 23.27%
🦟 14 3.47%
🐝 87 21.53%
Total: 404 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012
I find it very annoying how all reporting nowadays has to be done through some story of a handful of people, maybe even one person, and how the purported issue affects them. It's just editorializing through a veneer of coverage, you can always find some jerk with the opinion you want to push.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

I find it very annoying how all reporting nowadays has to be done through some story of a handful of people, maybe even one person, and how the purported issue affects them. It's just editorializing through a veneer of coverage, you can always find some jerk with the opinion you want to push.

reporting on the material conditions underlying political conflicts might lead to people asking uncomfortable questions

much better to just have a puff piece about how former web developer and wellness coach holodymyr, 27, is now crowdfunding the latest drone offensive.

Seatbelts
Mar 29, 2010

Cuttlefush posted:

the opposite actually. it is meant to protect against fists, rocks, small arms, the occasional ied. why do you think it has a tall stupid looking turret in the middle with windows and firing ports all over?

also why do almost all of your posts have a semi-colon in them? has this whole thing been a gimmick?

Slavvy posted:

An rpg would absolutely slaughter that idiotic thing

The design only makes sense if you plan on driving through suburbs filled with mostly unarmed people who hate you and the biggest threat is molotovs and AK's

Horseshoe theory posted:

Pretty certain they're used on Palestinian civilians, OP.

Jesus Christ I just think it looks neat calm down

Gravid Topiary
Feb 16, 2012

BULBASAUR posted:

this thing is blowin my mind

it's grovertank :grovertoot:

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Seatbelts posted:

I'm loving all these super APCs or whatever; it kinda makes sense when you are facing hoards of infantry with NLAW rockets

Its for killing people who can't fight back OP

And the link between 9/11 and Afghanistan was also transparently manufactured to justify an invasion. The Taliban had nothing to do with Osama's squad of Saudi terrorists, and the greatest crime they committed was wanting a fair trial by an impartial country instead of just blindly feeding suspects into the torture maw

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

BULBASAUR posted:

ah, my mobile oppression tower has arrived.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

BULBASAUR posted:

reminds me of videos of apartheid south africa when a bunch of guys with shotguns pop out of the top of a truck and start blasting at a protest, but just turbocharged on MIC funding into a frankenstein of a tank

tazjin
Jul 24, 2015

A Moscow court just sentenced a guy under the new treason legislation for the first time, he got 25 years. He has RU/UK double citizenship and apparently worked with US NGOs and did stuff like calling for more sanctions on Russia while being in Russia.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

BULBASAUR posted:

Prism Tank in order, sir. Dioptic manifold clear.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Jel Shaker posted:

reminds me of videos of apartheid south africa when a bunch of guys with shotguns pop out of the top of a truck and start blasting at a protest, but just turbocharged on MIC funding into a frankenstein of a tank

https://vimeo.com/674931809

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

tazjin posted:

A Moscow court just sentenced a guy under the new treason legislation for the first time, he got 25 years. He has RU/UK double citizenship and apparently worked with US NGOs and did stuff like calling for more sanctions on Russia while being in Russia.

well long prison sentences like that fuckin suck but on the other hand lol dumbass

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Jel Shaker posted:

you'll be surprised to learn that apartheid south africa had very warm relations with israel, and sold over a billion dollors worth of weapons to them during the worst time of oppression. iirc there were many cross-border training excercices and congresses and whatnot, and a lot of the architects of apartheid came over to israel afterwards to share their expertise. too much hurry now, check later

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
also helped build nukes.

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

broke: big israel

woke: big rhodesia

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment

Endman posted:

Prism Tank in order, sir. Dioptic manifold clear.

battle fortress on the alert

Dixon Chisholm
Jan 2, 2020

awesome job!

what faction is the tentacle eyeball thing from?

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Grimnarsson posted:

they see as a conflict between good and evil, liberal democracy vs. despotism.

They're right.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

tazjin posted:

"what are you gonna do, sanction me?"

- quote from man sanctioned

Turtle Watch
Jul 30, 2010

by Games Forum

these rules are wrong, you should never use a semicolon under any circumstances. trust me I went to college

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

semicolons ftw

Gulping Again
Mar 10, 2007
i have a bachelor's in english and have no god drat idea when to use semicolons

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_oNgyUAEv0Q

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

tazjin posted:

It seems to be more than that. He's been working with opposition to the government for years. Seems like Kremlin just got tired of his poo poo.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Turtle Watch posted:

these rules are wrong, you should never use a semicolon under any circumstances. trust me I went to college

Is the mage an elf? Asking for a friend.

Gulping Again posted:

Using semicolons is easy; I do it all the time. There are times I like to use a full colon though: to spice things up, to prove I'm a smart, or just as a little treat

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

Gulping Again posted:

unless you're a computer toucher or writing in greek you probably shouldn't

Al-Saqr
Nov 11, 2007

One Day I Will Return To Your Side.

Dixon Chisholm posted:

awesome job!

what faction is the tentacle eyeball thing from?

i sculpted it myself, the gatling gun turret was from a random miniature website, then i hand-sculpted the tentacles and eyeballs to make it look like its a corrupted turret, then painted it.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Semicolons join two related statements together where one or both would otherwise be fragments. Now you know how to use a semicolon.

my bony fealty
Oct 1, 2008

Endman posted:

Semicolons join two related statements together where one or both would otherwise be fragments; now you know how to use a semicolon.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
i tried a couple of those ai dungeon/novel free trials last year and they kept trying to use ; constantly so now when i see it in text i just assume it was written by an ai

Lostconfused
Oct 1, 2008

Ok so you can use a semicolon because you're an rear end in a top hat that's too good for a period or a comma. Got it.

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp
that's also how you use a period or a transition. that becomes a style choice. semicolons are leather pants punctuation. you either pull off the look or you don't

Turtle Watch
Jul 30, 2010

by Games Forum

Nix Panicus posted:

Is the mage an elf? Asking for a friend.

I don’t think so. I think she is the same woman as the cover from An Orc at College 5, and her ears look normal compared to the clearly elven ears of the lady on the cover of An Orc at College 2; not to mention the large bunny ears on the woman on the cover of An Orc at College 1.

Certainly I could be wrong from just judging a book by its cover, anyone who has more familiarity with the An Orc at College: A Contemporary Sword and Sorcery Harem Fantasy series please correct me.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Turtle Watch posted:

I don’t think so. I think she is the same woman as the cover from An Orc at College 5, and her ears look normal compared to the clearly elven ears of the lady on the cover of An Orc at College 2; not to mention the large bunny ears on the woman on the cover of An Orc at College 1.

Certainly I could be wrong from just judging a book by its cover, anyone who has more familiarity with the An Orc at College: A Contemporary Sword and Sorcery Harem Fantasy series please correct me.

I am terrified that this person exists.

Cuttlefush posted:

that's also how you use a period or a transition. that becomes a style choice. semicolons are leather pants punctuation. you either pull off the look or you don't

All language is made up; use whatever you want. Go hog wild!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
the trick is that nobody loving knows when to use semi-colons; this gives you cover to use them whenever you want, since nobody can call you out on it

Cuttlefush
Jan 15, 2014

gotta have my purp

Al-Saqr posted:

i sculpted it myself, the gatling gun turret was from a random miniature website, then i hand-sculpted the tentacles and eyeballs to make it look like its a corrupted turret, then painted it.

it is sick. the colors/textures are satisfying in a way warhammer stuff usually isnt

is this an orc face glyph thing

Endman
May 18, 2010

Yeah that stuff slaps; you should be proud of it Al-Saqr

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

gradenko_2000 posted:

the trick is that nobody loving knows when to use semi-colons; this gives you cover to use them whenever you want, since nobody can call you out on it

that's right

Turtle Watch
Jul 30, 2010

by Games Forum

All your stuff rocks, but especially the orky bitz.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
Slava Al-Saqr

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

al-Squlptr