Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SlowBloke
Aug 14, 2017

pkells posted:

I just ordered a steam deck last week in preparation for my wife giving birth to our first kid in early May. Figured I’d be a bit busy to spend time sitting in my office on my PC once the kid comes, and everything I read about it made it sound like it has a great power/dollar ratio. It arrived Friday, and everything said about it is true. It’s such a great piece of hardware. Played a bit Dredge (great game) and Vampire Survivors, which I played a little before but never got into until I could just sit and play on the couch.

And as life works out, the wife went into labor four weeks early, less than an hour after I placed the order for the SD. It’s been a fun couple of days hanging on the couch with my (very) little dude and playing some games.

Congrats!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

We demand to be taken seriously

Yay! Congrats!

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Congrats :3:

Nick Soapdish
Apr 27, 2008

Congrats!

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
Congrats!

buy him an account

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I just spent a couple hours playing through a neat little game called FAR Lone Sails. No dialog, no characters, no nothing, just you and a game that does its best to guide you along via musical cues. I highly recommend it - I see there's a sequel, Changing Tides, that I will try at some point too.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
Warning: Zelda spoilers are out there, if you care about that.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Just tell me they pull an MGS 2 and ditch that loser elf an hour in

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Been playing through Minish Cap for first time on Switch with the GBA console, it’s an enjoyable time. Exploration & puzzles are solid, bosses are trivial, but overall fun.

Nuclear Tourist
Apr 7, 2005

I doubt anyone but me cared about this but Art of Rally got a content update a while back, Rally Indonesia with a bunch of new stages (no new cars though, boo).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR46zYsVRBo

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
Man I haven't tried it yet but that new map looks really fun, love some big drifty corners

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Got back into HBS Battletech. Kamea Arano is a vengeful god that will find those who wronged her, SLDF mechs are absolute monsters, quoting Vasudus that the intro is now my gold standard for game intros.

10/10, would happily use 100-ton gigantic stompy robits to help idiots to Find Out after they hosed Around.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
When you get sick of regular BT, try BTA 3062. It's my favorite of the big 3 mods.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

GD_American posted:

When you get sick of regular BT, try BTA 3062. It's my favorite of the big 3 mods.

I had this, I think? Or the Battletech: Extended, maybe. Where do you get those now? I think I grabbed them off of Nexus way back when, but those pages seem to be gone after the mod-pocalypse from like 2 years ago.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Icon Of Sin posted:

I had this, I think? Or the Battletech: Extended, maybe. Where do you get those now? I think I grabbed them off of Nexus way back when, but those pages seem to be gone after the mod-pocalypse from like 2 years ago.

BTA has its own wiki with links and descriptor. They have made massive, massive changes to make it much more of a combined arms game. Battle Armor (Elementals and the like) wreck poo poo.

https://www.bta3062.com/index.php?title=Main_Page

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I had the Clan invasion one too. The missions that were duels with a tonnage limit that effectively meant “no assault mechs” got hilarious when I could bring a vulture and a timber wolf :getin:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Icon Of Sin posted:

Got back into HBS Battletech. Kamea Arano is a vengeful god that will find those who wronged her, SLDF mechs are absolute monsters, quoting Vasudus that the intro is now my gold standard for game intros.

10/10, would happily use 100-ton gigantic stompy robits to help idiots to Find Out after they hosed Around.

Continues to be my favorite Battletech based game thusfar. MW5 just didn't compare.

Kamea take no poo poo, team her up with Glitch and let the world burn.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

CommieGIR posted:

Continues to be my favorite Battletech based game thusfar. MW5 just didn't compare.

Kamea take no poo poo, team her up with Glitch and let the world burn.

Just did the mission where she trades in her Kintaro for an Atlas II, and even the in-game enemies were screaming “here they com-OH poo poo THEY HAVE STAR LEAGUE MECHS, WE NEED REINFORCEMENTS YESTERDAY!! :cry:

Those reinforcements arrived too late, and weren’t strong enough to take repeated AC20 shots to the torso either. Her lancemate with a Gauss rifle made a strong showing too, just rows of cored out mechs on either side as they both strolled to the evac point. The Griffin in their lance didn’t make it, but a medium mech doesn’t stand a chance in a place where assault mechs are losing armor by the ton.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Icon Of Sin posted:

Just did the mission where she trades in her Kintaro for an Atlas II, and even the in-game enemies were screaming “here they com-OH poo poo THEY HAVE STAR LEAGUE MECHS, WE NEED REINFORCEMENTS YESTERDAY!! :cry:

Those reinforcements arrived too late, and weren’t strong enough to take repeated AC20 shots to the torso either. Her lancemate with a Gauss rifle made a strong showing too, just rows of cored out mechs on either side as they both strolled to the evac point. The Griffin in their lance didn’t make it, but a medium mech doesn’t stand a chance in a place where assault mechs are losing armor by the ton.

That mission was fun, and yeah not only to Kamea gut a couple mechs, I had her punch the lights out a couple of them as well. Watching light mechs take a single punch and die in one round is satisfying.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
The visual of a solid gauss rifle hit is so satisfying.

I got an emulator going and am finally getting to play Breath of the Wild, it's hella chill, v good game.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

The visual of a solid gauss rifle hit is so satisfying.

The spalling effect is absolutely gorgeous.

Got a solid doom-lance set up, just need to replace my Archer with 2x LRM20s. It’s still doing decent enough damage output at long range, but I dislike it when something gets close and suddenly like maybe 20% of those LRMs are going to land where they need to.

The Highlander, Battlemaster, and Marauder though…2 of them chewed all the way through a Shadow Hawk in a single volley apiece, and the 3rd started working on the ‘Hawk’s friends as they looked on in horror. The whole lance together can put out over 1k damage in a turn and enough heat to shut it all down! :getin:

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Allow me to introduce you to two of my favourite weirdo mechs:
The Spiderpunch and the Laserstarter!
Laserstarter you take everything off a Firestarter wnd put a ton of S lasers on it for something ridiculous like 160 damage in melee, and the Spiderpunch you put the biggest gently caress-off arm mod on it that you can and a bunch of JJ's so that you can abuse your insane mobility to krump assault mechs with a punch in the back

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Firestarter is the best mech in the game that isn't Assault class, straight up. That Laserstarter build is a scourge of the battlefield.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

If you put all M lasers on it too I'm pretty sure you can crack 200 damage with a close range alpha strike
Shame about the heat, but you only need one good one

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

Great now I gotta play btech

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

Peak comedy is a bunch of 0-ton SLaser++'s that lets you pack some mediums and enough heat sinks to not immediately shutdown.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

GD_American posted:

that's the one i installed a while back but man it's hellishly complicated compared to the base game

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

that's the one i installed a while back but man it's hellishly complicated compared to the base game

BTA is kind of the middle option there. Roguetech is the "who the gently caress finds this fun" level of complexity mod.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Say goodbye to your 2023!

https://twitter.com/GenePark/status/1656641093298016257?t=3DBU9rEVooWwOLdvD6tJ4w&s=19

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzfXxkHrIBM

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom is incredible. More than lives up to my expectations for a sequel to Breath of the Wild. This is probably going to be the only thing I do all weekend.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Mustang posted:

Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom is incredible. More than lives up to my expectations for a sequel to Breath of the Wild. This is probably going to be the only thing I do all weekend.

It’s downloading over my slow as gently caress internet right now :cry:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

its more botw

which is a very good thing

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

More and BETTER botw is more accurate. The underground part of the map is the most impressive so far.

It's cool how knowing a lot about botw mechanics help a lot but there's also tons of new stuff to learn at the same time.

Hyrax Attack!
Jan 13, 2009

Mustang posted:

I am also enjoying it, I really like multiple solutions to puzzles and cooking.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

And graphicswise, it's 30 FPS but it's much smoother and consistent than BOTW. Somehow Tears of the Kingdom manages to both look and run better. Crazy the sky, Hyrule, and underground are all connected in one map.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
I was completely hooked on the first jump off the tutorial sky platform when the title screen drops.

When the jury-rigging mechanic was introduced, i all but prostrated myself before my Switch in unconditional obeisance.

Wrong Theory
Aug 27, 2005

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code

Mustang posted:

And graphicswise, it's 30 FPS but it's much smoother and consistent than BOTW. Somehow Tears of the Kingdom manages to both look and run better. Crazy the sky, Hyrule, and underground are all connected in one map.

I am actually seeing some slow downs around Rito with all the snow.

Other than that I keep sitting down to play and 6 hours magically disappears.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Tears of the Kingdom:
you can bring your horses over from BoTW :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Somebody pointed out the shrines look like goatse so now the game is ruined for me