Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
not a huge fan of cocaine but ill try anything once

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
I kind of want to watch Krull

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
How is krull, of all movies, not on tubi

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Krull not bad

It feels like a star wars ripoff, and the influence is undeniable, but there is some nice thematic framing that is honestly absent in starwars

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

I've never seen it but John Darnielle really likes it apparently which is enough to make me curious

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Jestery posted:

Krull not bad

It feels like a star wars ripoff, and the influence is undeniable, but there is some nice thematic framing that is honestly absent in starwars

:haibrow: while Star Wars was intended to be a complete movie, Krull actually is. Also some of the Krull effects were a lot more innovative than Star Wars

Revins posted:

I've never seen it but John Darnielle really likes it apparently which is enough to make me curious

Wolf in White Van was really interesting, but I dunno if it was good. I should read Universal Harvester and Devil House

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

I liked Wolf in White Van quite a bit honestly

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Vampire Panties posted:

:haibrow: while Star Wars was intended to be a complete movie, Krull actually is. Also some of the Krull effects were a lot more innovative than Star Wars

I agree completely, it's a real gem of a movie

It is hard to describe it without "starwars but..." Though, due to the immese cultural impact that star wars had

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Revins posted:

I liked Wolf in White Van quite a bit honestly

:hmmyes: I liked it, I find myself thinking about it a lot, but I dunno if it was "good".

actually, total honesty - the total loving weirdness of the book The kids, the Trace Italian, the big ending reveal really really hit home in a deeply disquieting way. My life isn't quite that strange, but its pretty close, and I still find myself thinking about that book frequently.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i really liked darnielle's book on master of reality. probably the best of the 33 1/3 books i've read, which is about ten of them at this point

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

Yeah, I don't know if its good either but I really vibed with it because my mental health was never great and I've certainly never read anything else like it

I liked Master of Reality for the same reasons

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

also the Trace Italian stuff was really cool, I would play

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost

Revins posted:

Yeah, I don't know if its good either but I really vibed with it because my mental health was never great and I've certainly never read anything else like it

I liked Master of Reality for the same reasons

:same: on mental health, :same: on the Trace Italian stuff. That whole system seems very Goon-y. Someone could make a bitchin pixelart/BBS version of the game and it would be like digital crack to the forums

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
Picked up a Levo II on 4/20 sale, and it shipped lightning fast, and I am finishing up my first stick of butter I made in it. ~5g of flower, mixture of blue dream and king's cake I had left over.

Process could not be easier, and it was able to make in two hours and 45 mins (45 min activate, 2h infuse) what it'd normally take me much longer to do in a more manual, wasteful way. Cleanup was dead easy too. I got an extra pod for mine and split the 5g into the two, because I thought that'd optimize blah blah etc

Highly recommend! It feels like a great way to just take a lil pile of flower / concentrate / whatever, and turn that into a single batch of brownies, or butter for toast or whatever

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
Which mountain goats songs are about w33d?

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

eddiewalker posted:

Which mountain goats songs are about w33d?

I actually can't think of any, plenty about meth addiction and alcoholism tho

e: and heroin, god cotton is such a good song

Revins fucked around with this message at 01:34 on Apr 16, 2023

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I LOVED krull as a kid, saw it in theater and then one thousand times on USA network

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

Master of Reality is the best Black Sabbath album

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

I am watching Krull and am loving the poo poo of it so far

this movie is gorgeuously shot omg

Revins fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Apr 16, 2023

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

seriously this is fantastic watch Krull

Vampire Panties
Apr 18, 2001
nposter
Nap Ghost
Indica or Sativa?

I consume Sativas almost exclusively. I like energetic weed, and after many many years of smoking I don't get paranoid on them. Usually I try to get top shelf of whatever, simply based on taste, but I have a soft spot in my heart for outdoor-grown racy sativa mids.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy
I don't partake of the devil's lettuce but this seems to be a good place to ask. I just got some headphones on eBay for a project, they worked out perfectly, except... they absolutely reek of weed even 3 days later. First thing I did was replace all the porous bits and wipe it down with rubbing alcohol, but it's saturated into the plastic somehow. What the hell else can I do to deskunk these? I thought of maybe finding an ozone generator but that's quite a production so if you y'all know some quick trick I'm all ears.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Sorry dude

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:

Zero VGS posted:

I don't partake of the devil's lettuce but this seems to be a good place to ask. I just got some headphones on eBay for a project, they worked out perfectly, except... they absolutely reek of weed even 3 days later. First thing I did was replace all the porous bits and wipe it down with rubbing alcohol, but it's saturated into the plastic somehow. What the hell else can I do to deskunk these? I thought of maybe finding an ozone generator but that's quite a production so if you y'all know some quick trick I'm all ears.

Entomb them in dryer sheets for a while? The dryer sheet smell should replace the dank, if that doesn't work then I think you have to smoke those headphones homie.

Inspector Hound
Jul 14, 2003

Zero VGS posted:

Start smoking weed so you don't notice

e if you've washed them off, it could be in the pads if it has soft ear pieces. They may also just smell like weed, they are your weedphones.

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Inspector Hound posted:

Start smoking weed so you don't notice

e if you've washed them off, it could be in the pads if it has soft ear pieces. They may also just smell like weed, they are your weedphones.

Yeah I tossed out all earpads and foam bits, there's nothing left but hard plastic and circuitboard. But when it's on my head I can't stop smelling it. It smells exactly like my friend's house where he has 3 pets, carpet, and one of those volcano vaporizers. OK, guess I'll scrounge up an ozone machine then.

MyChemicalImbalance posted:

Entomb them in dryer sheets for a while? The dryer sheet smell should replace the dank, if that doesn't work then I think you have to smoke those headphones homie.

Not a bad idea but I hate fragrances almost as much. I wash all my clothes with one of those "Free & Clear" detergents and nothing else.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
That reminds me

If you have a seahorse pro the lil glass part makes for an excellent finger saver.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
i don’t know what a sea horsie is but my $3 chillum gets a lot of mileage holding stubby joints like Cruella Deville

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

recently I told my homie I smoke mostly with a chillum and he was curious and got one, then I told him they hold joints pretty good if you're into that, and now he's like in love with chillums. they really are a weed multitool.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
you can put a dynavap tip in a chillum too

that g ova there
Mar 1, 2023

by Hand Knit

Cage posted:

That reminds me

If you have a seahorse pro the lil glass part makes for an excellent finger saver.

TIL you can use a tampon applicator to smoke weed

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

eddiewalker posted:

you can put a dynavap tip in a chillum too

:hmmyes:
or a slide for your bong

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
I could never get the hang of smoking a chillum through my hands. Not a tight enough seal I guess

ReelBigLizard
Feb 27, 2003

Fallen Rib

fuctifino did it better

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

Kid, touch is for video games and gynecologists
Pretty stoned. Wife and I are listening to Bon Iver, it's an experience

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Dead Nerve
Mar 27, 2007

*isolate mold

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Dead Nerve posted:

*isolate mold

Still would

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Weed got me through day one of two with my weird-rear end mother-in-law and her rear end in a top hat husband. Cheers!